Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2014 Mamas!

1. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

oh my goodness, I think I'm having my first bout of morning sickness today. I was nauseous yesterday too but I thought it was because I took my prenatal on an empty stomach, but today it's worse (and I didn't take it until after forcing myself to eat oatmeal). and I'm all achy, like I'm getting flu. Yuck!!

I'm supposed to have dinner with one of my dissertation committee members tonight and her husband, and I kind of want to cancel...ie, gagging or falling asleep at a restaurant seems like a bad call, especially since I do not want to tell her yet. But is that lame? what are you all doing about social/professional engagements right now?

2. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@nana87: You can have coffee...a little bit in a day won't be harmful. Like I said above, I'm only cutting down because it's making me feel nauseated.

3. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@cmbknyc: I think a latte may be easier on my stomach than a regular cup of coffee...think I could convince DH that I need an espresso machine?

4. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Dandelion: haha you definitely should try! You can always play the health card "all that calcium from the milk"

5. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@cmbknyc: And cheaper in the long run than going to DD or sbux every day, right?

6. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@nana87: um...yeah. That is pretty much my issue right now, except I can't cancel this wedding

For the first few days, rating constantly and drinking either coke or seltzer helped. Also, peppermint tea. I can eat, it is just I feel rotten regardless. I don't know that I would cancel, but if you're so sick, you may have to. Any way to go and cut the evening short if need be?

7. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Just for an idea, I love this website where you can download a daily milestone calendar. I love being able to see how many weeks/days I will be at any point in the year (like on Thanksgivings/Christmas).

http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy_calendar.php

8. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@nana87: also, don't take your vitamin on an empty.stomach. Recipe for disaster.

@T.H.O.U.: so fun! When are you due?

9. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@nana87: I take mine (actually SIL gave me her rx prenatals until I get mine after my appt) after dinner, before bed, and they haven't made me feel sick yet, so you should try taking it at night!

I don't feel pregnant! Besides my boobs still being sore, I really don't feel anything..

10. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@lovelyplum I think I'm feeling much the same! I can eat just fine (although I'm mostly eating carbs, yogurt and fruit), but I feel so lousy and queasy. I keep going to bed thinking that I'll sleep it off, but of course then I feel exactly the same in the morning.

11. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks for the link!

@gilmoregirl: That's how I'm feeling, too. it's actually when I'm hungry that I feel icky.

12. T.H.O.U.

@LovelyPlum: based on LMP, I would be due 4/20.

Do we have a due date list? Can I start a thread and maintain it for the group?

13. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@T.H.O.U.: love the link! We do have a list, page 4. You can copy/paste to add. What about having a different thread for appointments?

14. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

Acne just flared up. Worst symptom in my book I have a huge pimple in the middle of my chin. It's awful looking.

15. T.H.O.U.

@luckypenny: That sounds great! Sorry I must have missed it! We are on page 6 now!

16. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I know! Now that we got a few more mamas this thread really picked up!

17. T.H.O.U.

18. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Dandelion: hahah right! All this talk of latte's I had to get myself one! Definitely cheaper making it at home

19. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@luckypenny: I feel you on the acne! I still have two huge cystic acne on my check that won't go away. Those were my first symptoms that made me think something was up, pre BFP.

I don't have morning sickness yet. I'm really scared for it to start though because queasiness is probably the worst feeling in the world.

As far as other symptoms go, just yesterday my boobs started getting sore. It's pretty late but I'm also super flat chested so maybe that's why it took a while. I also have major bloating. I have a very slight frame so I have a feeling I'll show quickly with a little pop belly. Sexy...

@T.H.O.U. Thanks for sharing that awesome calendar link and I love the other appointments board!

Hope you mamas are all having a great day.

20. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@SupernovaJ: lol i'm flat chested also but i've had major sore boobs since 10 dpo! And today, when i was running on the treadmill my boobs actually hurt from the bouncing, i was like... are my boobs... bouncing??? i had to hold them for a second haha! so just wait!

21. SweetMamaM

pear / 1743 posts

Just popping in to say I am so excited for all you lovely ladies!

22. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@chibee: hahah! Man I would love it if my boobs bounced. Right now, nothing to bounce but we shall see!

23. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@SupernovaJ: It was bizarre - i mean it obviously wasn't a visible bounce I really got nothing going on over that area - but i definitely felt it!

24. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

April Due Dates

4/1 - hazeleyes
    4/2 - gilmoregirl
    4/5 - luckypenny
    4/6 - dandelion
    4/7 - lovelyplum, cmbknyc, mrsspadusa
    4/13 - megz06, chibee
    4/14 - supernovaj
    4/18 - nana87
    4/20 - THOU
    4/23 - jill_a55

25. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@T.H.O.U.: thanks for the link! It's so neat to see our next 9/10 months like that

26. T.H.O.U.

@cmbknyc: last time I downloaded it and put som pregnancy notes right in it. It was great to track appointments and stuff. Ad it's fun to look back on!

27. MrsSpadusa

olive / 70 posts

@SupernovaJ: lol trust me you don't want bouncing boobs- ouch! I'm not flat chested but I'm not well endowed by any means. DH is convinced that I got an overnight boob job and its hurts to run or walk up the stairs!

28. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@T.H.O.U.: love it! Thank you

29. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

How was everyone's weekend? How is everyone feeling today?

I can barely eat food before 4pm, had a couple of breakouts but other than that I feel good! I'm so nervous about my appointment Tuesday. Eek!

We had a low key weekend. Went to the park, I got my hair done at Drybar, and today I'm taking E to the city and having brunch and a park date with a friend and her little boy

30. T.H.O.U.

@luckypenny: my weekend was good! My little girl turned 2!! I am still just in the really tired stage with some heartburn. Trying to keep to a healthy diet and not pack on lots of pounds.

31. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@T.H.O.U.: happy birthday LO!! How fun. I love parties I totall feel you on the food. I'm not eating nearly as much but all I want is junk food!

32. T.H.O.U.

@luckypenny: the party totally wore me out. It was a lot of work but still I shouldn't be this tired/sore.

33. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hi everyone... Just got back from our first anniversary weekend so catching up, but omg @chibee: and @MrsSpadusa: YES with the sore boobs when running! Mine have been pretty tender for the last few weeks too, but oh the running

Other than that, I am with you guys on the constantly tired, whacked appetite (which is usually NEVER a problem), like chicken is sooo not appetizing, and all I want is carbs, which I don't usually eat much of. And waves of not quite nausea, but blah, ickiness if that makes any sense. Woo hoo! haha.

34. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@luckypenny: hi! My weekend was good, yesterday got to play for a while with my baby nephew (only 7 weeks old!) and go out to a nice dinner with DH. Today, my in-laws took me out to breakfast, and I went over their house to lay out by the pool all day while DH cooked a delicious dinner (we live in the same town ). I fell asleep by the pool for an hour, but i'm not sure if that's a symptom or i'm just a little sleep deprived...

@HazelEyes: the boobs are still killing me - they feel like rocks! and i'm looking at them like... seriously? you guys are too little to be hurting me right now!

35. chibee

pear / 1974 posts

@SweetMamaM: Thank you so much!!

36. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I know how you feel! DS's party was last weekend and I was amazed at how tired and sore I was afterwards. I couldn't believe how worn out I was!

37. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@mrsspadusa: lol I'll let you ladies know when / if my boobs get crazy sore and i get a boob job overnight.

@luckypenny: I am SO tired. I think the fatigue bug really got me today. I napped for 5 hours. Haha. Is that even a nap? I really couldn't function. We walked around the mall and usually I can go for hours but today I really felt like a zombie. Other than that, just feeling bloated as usual.

ETA oh and killer lower back pain!

38. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@HazelEyes: raw chicken.... So gross. I've made DH do all the cooking

@chibee: a tiny baby AND pool day? So jealous!

@SupernovaJ: I took a 2 hour nap. Just laid down and when I woke up I was so confused. Didn't know what time it was or anything lol hooray for naps!

39. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

I haven't gotten the sore boobs yet! But I've been nauseous like crazy. Not actually getting sick (for the most part) but more just intermittent gagging. And my appetite like some of you have mentioned has just been zapped. It was a little better yesterday--small meals frequently helps, and I went to the gym and even though I burned like 1/2 the normal amount of calories I normally do, I think it helped me feel more normal! But mostly I'm eating plain ricecakes, haha. Ugh, and the bloating! I actually bought a new pair of jeans that's a size bigger than my normal ones because they were making me miserable, haha. I have to go to a conference later this week and absolutely dreading wearing dress clothes! Also dreading the intensity of the conference and international flight involved

40. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend with Lot's of napping My boobs are also VERY sore and I'm very well endowed so having them get bigger has been interesting to say the least.

I'm so excited for everyone to start going to their appointments!!!!

Have a happy Monday everyone

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee