Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! And congrats @2peasinapod! We have the same EDD!

Thanks all for the heads up on the confirmation appointment. I've actually been having a little bit of light brown spotting this morning I hope it's not the start of something bad... I rang my clinic fist thing this morning and instead of waiting for my "pregnancy confirmation" with the nurse next week they have booked me in to see an OB/GYN tomorrow morning (Aug 5) instead. I'm terrified but trying to stay positive... I know it's not uncommon to experience spotting in the first trimester but it is still very unsettling.

@ineebee - I travel a lot for work and I know my pregnancy will be classed as high risk as I have a heart condition and I am hypothyroid, so there is a chance I will have to cut back on all the flying I do, depending on what the high risk ob says.... just hoping that I get to that stage!

2. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: I hope they are able to put your mind at ease tomorrow!

3. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@lulu22: Thank you, and hoping the spotting is nothing. I've been cramping quite a bit today and hoping that it's nothing as well.

4. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Joining in! Just got my today, at the ridiculously early date of 8dpo.

EDD: Due month would range 4/5-5/2

How far along: 3w1d if calculated from ovulation.

First child? Yup!

First doctor appointment: Haven't called yet. I can't decide if I should ring them tomorrow or wait until I'm actually late and the highest chance of a chemical pregnancy has come and gone.

Any symptoms so far? Sore nipples, breast tenderness. I feel weird in a bunch of other ways, but, I think they're from a long flight in "economy position" rather than from being preggers

Who have you told? Sweetie, my acupuncturist, y'all.

5. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lilyofthewest: Welcome and congrats! That is awesome that you found out so early.

6. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@2PeasinaPod: @lilyofthewest: Welcome, Congrats!!

@lilyofthewest: I'm in MD too but just outside Baltimore

7. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@lilyofthewest: I added you on April 5th, but let me know if you'd like it changed

April Mamas!
    April 1: Boopers
    April 3: As time goes by
    April 5: Neekierose
    April 6: Lulu22, 2PeasinaPod
    April 7: HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    April 8: Ineebee
    April 10: Windswept
    April 12: Loki, Marionberry
    April 19: Lilyofthewest

Appointments
    August 6: Boopers
    August 7: Neekierose
    August 13: Pawprints, Lulu 22
    August 19: Ineebee
    August 21: As time goes by
    August 25: HappyBluebird

8. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@lilyofthewest - congrats! I've been seeing an acupuncturist too and I honestly think it helped me get my (after a cd33 ovulation no less!) Do you plan to keep seeing the acupuncturist throughout pregnancy? I think I will, although I will decrease from weekly to every other week.

9. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@HappyBluebird: 4/19 will be 40 weeks, so, that's a good number for a single due date. Thanks!

@lulu22: I'm definitely going to keep up acupuncture. Though, I found out today my pokey lady is actually leaving the practice where I had been seeing her. She's going to be someplace somewhat less convenient, so, I doubt I'll see her quite as often. I might also try out one of the other LAcs at the practice I had been going to.

10. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@Boopers: Already setting up your classroom? When do the kids start? I'm a teacher, too. Not planning on going back until August 25.

@lilyofthewest: MD just outside of DC? I'm also from MD - Silver Spring! Just relocated to MA, but MD is very much home to me!

11. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@lilyofthewest: all fixed!

12. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@ineebee: Kids go back August 25. I'm in a new district so the next two weeks are full of new hire and Inservice things! This is the last week off that I'll have any time to get anything set up.

13. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@HappyBluebird: I scheduled my first appt today. It's August 18th. If you could add it to the list please?
    @2peasinapod: Congratulations! So happy for you!
    @neekierose: It will be great to experience this together. Two is going to be quite the change.
    @lulu22: I hope the spotting is nothing. I am hypothyroid too and just ran in to get my levels tested today. Luckily it was no big deal last pregnancy.

14. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

April Mamas!
    April 1: Boopers
    April 3: As time goes by
    April 5: Neekierose
    April 6: Lulu22, 2PeasinaPod
    April 7: HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    April 8: Ineebee
    April 10: Windswept
    April 12: Loki, Marionberry
    April 19: Lilyofthewest

Appointments
    August 6: Boopers
    August 7: Neekierose
    August 13: Pawprints, Lulu 22
    August 18: Marionberry
    August 19: Ineebee
    August 21: As time goes by
    August 25: HappyBluebird

15. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

Is anyone else having bloating as a symptom? By the end of the day I feel like my belly is so bloated I look way more pregnant than I am! (I'm only 5 weeks)

16. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@HappyBluebird: yes! Some of my pants are already starting to be a bit harder to button because of the bloating.

17. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@HappyBluebird: no bloat really, but the nausea is starting in early this time...

18. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@HappyBluebird: ugh yes i feel like none of my parents are comfortable/fit me. which is depressing because i don't want to buy new pants already! it feels like i'm gonna have to buy new pants like every week between now and april haha.

19. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Boopers: @loki: I totally agree about the pants not fitting. I don't want to have to buy anything new yet! Today I wore a stretchy skirt so hopefully that helps a bit

@NeekieRose: I've been getting waves of nausea on and off with it more frequent lately but it's still not bad so I can't complain!

20. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@HappyBluebird: @loki: Dresses! This was the best solution for me last time. Most dresses are much more forgiving than pants. I already wear mostly dresses so it wasn't much of a change, but a couple cute, work appropriate dresses might help with the transition.

21. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@NeekieRose: Yes, thanks! I will definitely have to get some dresses.

Speaking of dresses, is anyone here short and have suggestions about where you get dresses? I'm 5'1 and I have the hardest time. I know how to sew so I can hem some dresses if need be but I'd like to find some I don't need to mess with!

22. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

Congrats April mamas! I'm due in February, and it's so exciting to see the new month DDT boards start lighting up!

As for clothes, I waited until last week (11.5 weeks) to buy any maternity pants, and now I wish I had ordered them sooner. My (unsolicited) advice is to go ahead and get a pair or two from your favorite store, if they have a maternity line. I usually wear jeans from Old Navy, and I ordered a pair of maternity jeans & maternity shorts in my regular pant size, and I LOVE them. I wish I'd had them for the first 9 weeks after my ! They are amazingly stretchy and would have fit before now, too, had I not dragged my feet in ordering them!

Lots of & to you ladies!

23. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@HappyBluebird: I don't remember bloating being this bad last time but I look as if I've gained ten pounds already. They're right about dresses and maxi skirts - far more forgiving!

24. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@HeartAbandoned: have you ordered any mat dress pants from Old Navy? I'm wondering how they fit/feel. you're inspiring me to maybe grab some mat stuff earlier than i would've...

25. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@loki: I haven't bought any for myself (I work at a camp, so I don't wear dress pants very often), but I do have a few pairs from a friend. The feel is pretty comparable to their other dress pants, but they are a few sizes larger than what I usually wear, so I can't vouch for fit. The jeans and shorts I bought fit my legs just as well as their non-mat clothes fit, though, they just have a little extra breathing room in the hips, and then the elastic panels at the waist to make them more comfortable. The other good thing about ON is that returns are always free, so if you aren't happy with them, you can easily return them, and you can also usually return online orders to a store if you want. I definitely think it's worth it to grab a pair or two early on!

26. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@HeartAbandoned: so annoyed, i just looked online and they don't have a maternity section on the old navy canada website, only on the US one! come on canada, get it together! ha! thanks for the input though... is there not old navy mat stuff in stores? if there was i'd do a roadie down there for some shopping.

27. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Ugh yes to the bloating. I already wear a lot of dresses, they are more comfortable but they sure show the bloat more easily than pants, which help wrangle it. I feel like I have to suck it in all the time. Maternity jeans would be nice but I don't want to purchase anything while we're still so wary about miscarriage possibility.

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@PawPrints: yes i totally find this with dresses too. i'm SO SCARED i'm gonna get comments about being pregnant even though i can't possbily be showing yet and it's just my normal bloated stomach i'm with you on purchasing before the "safe" zone but i figure i could wear them now anyways, even if i wasn't pg haha.

29. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I might need to take this advice and pick up some earlier than expected!

@loki: I think some Old Navy's have a maternity section but the one by me at least is a very small selection. I'm gonna look online and see if any of the ones a little farther away from me have any in stock. You can check online and see which carry maternity clothes I believe.

30. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@loki: Some stores carry their Mat line, but not all of them. If you use their "store locator" tool on their website, there is a check-box for you to show only stores that carry maternity, so you don't have to worry about wasting a trip!

31. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@HappyBluebird: oh awesome, good thinking, thanks!

32. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Sadly, I'm already leaving you lovely ladies. I was cramping quite a bit all day yesterday, and around 5pm, I started bleeding heavily. I went for betas again today, but given the fact that this isn't my first rodeo, I know I've lost my bean.

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 9 months. @lulu22: I'm secretly rooting that your LO is born right on his/her due date

33. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@2PeasinaPod: i'm so so so sorry to hear this

34. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I'm so sorry for your loss.

35. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I'm so sorry!

36. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I'm so sorry

37. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Well crud, that stinks. I'm so sorry. I hope your physical and emotional experiences for this loss pass you gently.

38. windswept

coffee bean / 36 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I'm so sorry to hear this.

39. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I am so sorry

40. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@loki: I have briefly looked and it seems Canada's maternity clothes options are quite limited

@HappyBluebird: I have been SO bloated. It seems to calm down over night then a soon as I eat something my belly is protruding and it just gets bigger as the day goes on

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee