Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@AMommyThang: you sure it wasn't pee? If you think otherwise I'd contact the dr. But if you had a full bladder and maybe baby pushed on it and you did something to make it "release"? Lol
    I have to admit...if I have a full or even a somewhat full bladder and I sneeze, it's a big problem. Like changing undies and pants problem. I keep making myself go pee before I go or do anything in public because if that happens out in public i would literally die.

2. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Thats what I thought at first but I had literally just went to bathroom 20 seconds before it happened.

3. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

As for gear, doubt we need anything. Only stuff we are buying is for DS2 room. We are working on putting up new closet system currently.

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: I'd call OB just in case.

5. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@AMommyThang: I would probably mention this to your doctor. Its most likely nothing, but it could be your waters leaking. I personally have never leaked so much discharge it soaked through my jeans (pee, yes!).

6. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: hahaha with my history of pre term birth I always smell. Sometimes I make DH smell too,.. Sweet- amniotic fluid..

7. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@AMommyThang: oh I missed that. Yeah I'd definitely be calling your OB

8. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@BandDmommy: does it actually smell sweet??!

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@jh524: yes! Grossly sweet

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: they can check amniotic fluid and see if you are leaking.. Better to be safe than sorry.. If you are leaking you need to get steroid shot for babies lungs in case of pre term birth.. It may be nothing too..

11. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

It only did it that one time. . I'm thinking i was just pee.

12. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@BandDmommy: LOL so you would recognize the difference between pee and amnio fluid via sniff test pretty easily. I'm not surprised it smells sweet since everything coming out of my body right now is not so sweet, so it must be going somewhere I'm normally a pretty yummy smelling person imo. Lol

13. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: ok, just be careful holding it for so long.. That's tough on a pregnant body

14. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@AMommyThang: happened to me last week and I was a nervous wreck the rest of the day. Didn't happen again and didn't smell sweet so I assumed I pee'd myself a little LOL the joys of pregnancy!! Baby is still occupying a lot of space down low, so I figured while I thought I completely emptied my bladder, I obviously didn't and after I got up, it finished lol

15. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

My little guy is in a breech position, in the shape of a C to be exact with his big head in my ribs LOL. I think it's because I held it too long.

16. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

So today has been rough. I'm not sure if I'm having sciatica pain or if my hip is out but I'm laying on the floor as I type this. I literally have sharp shooting pains in my entire leg when I walk, sit or even move wrong. It hurts so bad!!!

17. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: I'm sorry, that sounds so painful!!

18. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@jh524: Can't. Live. Without. Coffee!!!! With all 3 of my pregnancies I don't have a taste for coffee in the first trimester but once the second trimester hit all three times the cravings come back. I think, just like everything, it's okay in moderation.

19. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: it's extremely painful
    @Canoli: me either! It's amazing what one cup can do. Lol

20. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@jh524: oh no, so sorry you're in pain

Caffeine definitely helps me function! I try to limit to one shot of espresso, but all the other stuff in my drink to make it taste good is probably worse for baby.

21. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Oh no, that sounds awful. I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

Y'know, I can do without coffee. I have the odd decaff. But I really miss wine. I've had a few glasses this time around (not together, ha ha!).

22. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: I miss wine and mimosas/ bellinis so bad What kind are you sipping on? I'll vicariously!

23. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Whatever my husband opens. I'm fine drinking water if he has beer or cider, but if he opens a bottle of wine its so hard not to have a tiny glass. My most recent indulgence was a half glass of rioja.

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: sophisticated lady! you drink grown up wine

25. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: oh yes....I miss wine so much more this time than last time I was pregnant!!

26. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: I'm so sorry that sounds terrible! Hope you are doing better today!

27. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I actually prefer whites, to be honest! What kind of wine do you like?

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: Reisling and Moscato- extra sweet! My favorites are German Reislings. There's five bottles in my wine cabinet ready to pop when I finally do!

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I just registered at the hospital. I need to schedule a tour because its a new women's center they are opening. With DS, I never got to go on a maternity ward tour because he was born so early and then I didn't do one for DD because I was very familiar with the hospital after DS spending 11 days in the NICU. I think I'll schedule a tour early, that way I actually get to go.

30. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@BandDmommy: we did our tour last weekend. I was totally that FTM asking a bunch of questions. There were so, so many pregnant women, I wonder where they are hiding in my community.

31. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

Hospital tour is the 30th.

On a less fun note, DH leaves tomorrow for an 11 day business trip, so LO1 and I will be going in to survival mode at that point.

Anybody else hurt? This time around I have gotten hip numbness just about every night when going to sleep and some sciatica, lots of those nice low kicks send sharp pains, and my belly just plain aches at times.

32. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@MaisyMay: 11 days straight sucks

My little guy likes to push against my navel and that doesn't feel good at all. I'm cramping a bit too, but not like the round ligament cramps I had a couple-few months back.

33. MaisyMay

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I have definitely been getting those navel pushes. Oh the things kids do to us!

34. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@MaisyMay: I think I've had pelvic griddle pain for a few weeks now, along with other random pains. Something also is sitting/ pinching the blood vessel or artery between my pelvis and leg, which can get uncomfortable. Sometimes I get pressure on my stomach which is just more uncomfortable than anything.
    @BandDmommy: I have mine next month.
    @jh524: I've had a cough/ cold/ allergies most of my pregnancy. It's so annoying now, because when I cough sometimes I leak a little. But I've had to wear a panty dinner during this entire pregnancy, and it usually catches most of it.

I had my growth scan yesterday and everything looks good. Baby is measuring at 2lbs 1oz. And baby has my husbands feet; they are 2 inches long already. They did find a small fibroid, so I'm hoping this isn't a big concern and it doesn't grow. Baby is still in breach position, but I'm only 27 weeks today.

When can I expect the baby to turn, or when should I be concerned that s/he hasn't yet?

35. MaisyMay

@auggiefrog: 28 weeks here. For LO1, I feel like she didn't turn until around 32 weeks.

36. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Yesss! Someone (not me) made a couple purchases off my gear list. Gotta admit I'm stoked! Time to break out the thank you cards!!

Anyone else receiving happy notifications in your inbox?

37. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: That's great! Glad youre getting some of the things you researched!

We don't do baby registries here. We don't usually do baby showers either, but its becoming more popular in recent times. I've been to two now - I didn't have one myself. People here just bring a little something if they visit the baby - outfits, a stuffed toy etc. Sometimes they might bring flowers or chocolates for mum. At the baby showers I've been to, it has been mostly outfits, although disposable nappies arranged to look like a cake are a big thing.....

38. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: ahh yes, the ubiquitous diaper cake! I actually have two cakes saved on my phone that I love. Here's the girly one for you!

The wife of one of our couple friends was floored when I told her we weren't having a shower. She had two back to back- same gender, less than 2 years apart. It's definitely the norm here, but hey you have to have hosts, right? LOL

39. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: That's terrible that nobody is throwing you a shower. I wish I lived nearer, Id throw you one! But no sniffing chocolate in nappy games, it makes my stomach turn!

40. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: ha ha thanks! I'm not bummed. My coworker offered early on, but I didn't follow up. My mom offered early on too, but she's been away helping out on a disaster. I'll be lucky if she's back in time to help me make freezer meals.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee