Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@auggiefrog: Ada Marie is beautiful!

2. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

I feel like Baby Sammy kicks really low and a few inches above my belly button at the same time. He just loves moving. Up until about 2 weeks ago he was bumping around on my sides but I feel like he has flipped a bit.

3. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: @auggiefrog: @Bloved: Thank you! @Cherrybee: Thank you, I decided to find out because the baby still was feeling a bit abstract. It's only been three full days, but I feel so much more connected knowing that I'm going to be a "boy mama" and have a son.

4. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@auggiefrog: that's a beautiful name!
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats on baby boy!!

I've been absent for a while because we just closed on our home and moved in. It's so crazy doing that pregnant and with a toddler- I feel like I will never catch up on sleep!
    This baby feels more active than my first, but I may just not be remembering it properly.

Hope everyone had a happy new year!

5. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I get the connected feeling. That's one reason I could never be team green.

@MrsRoo: congrats on your house/move! Sounds exhausting though! Lol

6. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Good for you. There will be enough surprises in the delivery room to keep you going - has he got hair, what does his face look like, has he got big feet, the sound of his cries, whether your husband faints! I'm still surprised 2.5 years on! I love knowing!

7. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Sigh. My DH is working on the nursery, which I really, really want him to do and I'm so grateful, but it means I've been solo with E all day and I'm so over it! Its almost 6pm here and I'm resorting to kids TV. I'm so bored and I've got terrible restless legs. I wish I could build cupboards and put up curtain rails (but I really cant!).

8. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Hahaha after I said this was a quiet thread I went MIA. Nothing too exciting going on with me. I had about three strong contractions yesterday which freaked me out. I sat down and drank water and they stopped. I think I overdid it traveling, we are on our way to Walt Disney World with the kids. I'm at high risk for pre term birth so it freaked my husband. Good news is I'm past viability and the baby weighs more than a pound so he would be ok BUT I really don't want another baby in the NICU. Feeling much better today, no contractions. Think I learned my lesson!! Hope everyone had good holidays!!

9. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I totally get that. It's the reason we weren't team green this time either.

@Cherrybee: I understand that too! It happens every weekend with yard work. Yes I am grateful my husband is mowing, gardening, etc but it is equally exhausting watching ds (and I feel like it does not get the same weight of effort either!).

@BandDmommy: glad you are doing better after rest/water. I am so jealous you are at Disney! We had a trip planned for my spring break in March before we got pregnant, but now that I'll be 36 weeks then we cancelled it I feel terrible because we were going with my in-laws and they could not cancel so they are still going anyway!

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@bloved: we love Disney! Our next trip is October. For the not so scary Halloween.

11. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@bloved: Do you find that the grass needs cutting more urgently when your LO is being particularly challenging?!

@BandDmommy: Wow, Disney! I'm so jealous! That's a once in a lifetime trip for us Brits..... I will definitely go one day but, as it will only be once, we will have to wait until the girls are at the perfect age. The one in Paris is apparently poor in comparison. Glad you're feeling better, how scary.

12. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: haha yes! And I feel like it takes extra long on those days too!

13. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@bloved: Does he cut it with scissors on those days?! Honestly, you should see the job DH is doing on this nursery. He's putting in trunking for the lamp cables, has replaced the light switch and plug socket, changed the curtain pole.... he didn't go to this effort for E's nursery!! I shouldnt moan, its looking beautiful. 😍

14. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: I know. It is almost worse when they are super productive because you really have no leg to stand on to be annoyed 😝

I know most of you are there, but excited to realize that today baby reached viability (24 weeks!). Can't wait for the next 16 weeks to pass!

15. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@bloved: I was excited to hit viability yesterday too!

@Cherrybee: hey I have Disneyland California just a state away(and Im originally from California) and Ive never been to any Disney either lol

@BandDmommy: glad you're feeling better! Keep that baby cooking! Have fun at Disney though :)!

16. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Has anyone started getting their hospital bag together yet? I have put a few bits in today...... I know, I know, we still have three months to go until April (and I'm not due until the end!) but I like to be organised!

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Cherrybee: I should since I have babies early but have not yet.

18. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@BandDmommy: How early did you have your two?

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Cherrybee: 34 weeks and 36 weeks. Only 36 weeks because I'm on progesterone till 36 weeks.

20. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@BandDmommy: Wow, 34wks, that must have been scary. Hoping for a nice, calm, stress free experience for you this time.

21. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Cherrybee: I went into labor 33 weeks 6 days, they couldn't stop labor even when trying so DS was born less than 24 hours. Good news was I still had time to get 2 steroid shots for lungs.

22. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@BandDmommy: Terrifying. Its amazing the difference progesterone makes then? When I had my early bleeding, I was invited to join an NHS trial in which I would either get progesterone supplements or a placebo. They apparently dont use it here at present because there haven't been enough studies to *prove* it works (but enough evidence to warrant a trial I imagine). I hope they start using it soon, to give people the chance they deserve.

23. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Cherrybee: I haven't really thought about a hospital bag yet. I was thinking of getting something started mid-end of February.

@bloved: Hooray for viability! It's so exciting getting near the end finally.

@BandDmommy: It's good that you are feeling better. Your LO still has some cooking to do!

I've been working on doing a little nesting this weekend. I've been prepping my cloth diapers. It will be nice to have one time consuming thing done before we get into crunch time.

24. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: Nope haven't even thought about my hospital bag. Stressing over finding a pediatrician and daycare at the moment. But Im convinced I'll deliver late lol which means I'll go early and not be prepared right? Lol

25. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: have not done hospital bag yet or anything for nursery. I am hoping nesting will kick in some time in the next couple months so I can get more productive!

26. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Cherrybee: You are good to think about the hospital bag. All I am thinking about is food prep.
    We bought a freezer this past week to use for freezer meals and breast milk storage. Last time, freezer space was an issue for us. I think I'll start to prepare meals to freeze at the end of February/beginning of March.

27. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Cherrybee: I get progesterone shots which is only given if you had pre term labor. It's not given till you are 15 weeks pregnant. There are tons of studies done showing progesterone shots prevent preterm birth. The situation you are describing, progesterone for bleeding in early pregnancy is still unproven here and many OBs do not prescribe it. My issue is not bleeding causing issues. My water just breaks.

28. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@BandDmommy: I have had a couple hit and it really took me by surprise. Two today and a few on an especially long day last week.

@Cherrybee: I bought a going home outfit for my hospital bag. Does that count? I know I'll be induced at the very end of March but still need to get that together. Less than 90 days to go!

We are turning our spare/junk room into this guy's nursery, and it's still at least 1/2 full of stuff. We did buy a rug and curtains for it today, but I know that at least part of tomorrow will be in there.

Frustration: DH has to travel 11 days in January for work. A few days ago, his boss broke his leg so now DH is covering at least 1 more business trip than planned. He's leaving Tuesday, returns early Saturday and then leaves again next Thursday. It's only about 16 days total, but it feels like forever since there's so much to be done, I'm working full time with an hour commute each way, and I'll be doing all of the daycare drop-offs and pick-ups while he is away. I've already requested a few extra days off, but tomorrow is literally my last day of getting any alone time until the end of the month.

29. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Its V Day!!!! Yippee!!

30. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: ugh that's the worst! I hate when dh travels!

@Cherrybee: yay for viability!

31. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MaisyMay: Ugh sorry your DH will be travelling so much!

@Cherrybee: Happy Viability Day!!

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

So I just had my Dr appointment (everything looks good) but my doc informed me that he is thinking about "not practicing" anymore. And that he should know for sure at my next appointment. So I might have to find a new Dr for the last 12 weeks of my pregnancy!?!? He said he has someone in mind that he would recommend me to but if I'm not sticking with him then I'm finding someone closer to home. But ugh ugh ugh this is stressing me out!

33. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: wow! How stressful! I feel like that is terrible to dump on a pregnant person. I feel like maybe he should just not take any new patients and ride out the ones he has!

34. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: That's awful. I ended up switching practices a few years (not when I was pregnant) and went with a recommendation from a friend - the practice is about 30 minutes from my home but they have 5 doctors there and I feel fortunate that I am comfortable with all of them.

35. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@MrsRoo: thank you. Congrats on your new home!

I haven't even thought about which bag I plan to take to the hospital @Cherrybee: LOL. The baby has a coming home outfit though thanks to MIL. She bought a terry cloth footed romper in white that has a cute bear on it's booty. That'll work. Done & Done.

@MaisyMay: That sucks especially with a LO at home! My husband has two work rotations- the one right now isn't so bad because I'm still pregnant. Every week until March he's OOT. Starting about a month after I'm due though he'll be out of town each week for two months straight. When he applied for the rotations we didn't know we would have a baby. Oh well!

@JennyLayneAZ: No way! He should really stay on until his last existing patient delivers. As much as I do not really love my doctor's office I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of finding a new doctor. Did he say why he doesn't want to practice anymore?

36. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@bloved: @autumnleaves: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: he didn't say why just that it's not his decision alone. So I don't know if he meant his wife or something else. Makes me want to Google him and see if there is anything on the web lol he doesn't strike me as the sort to be in legal trouble but that's where my mind went. Then again he's older so maybe he's just thinking about retirement or partial retirement. If he would just stay 6 months that would make all the difference! He wasn't even my original Dr, I was seeing the other Dr in the practice but he stopped delivering babies so they switched me over when I got pregnant. But I'm not driving 45 minutes to deliver out in Scottsdale if he's not even going to be my Dr. I pass like 3 other major hospitals on the way. I'd rather switch to the one 10 minutes from my house. I just wish I knew for sure what's happening! Sorry for rambling my mind is just all over the place.

37. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

You ladies are amazing. I haven't even thought of a hospital bag. This poor kid (#3) is getting the shaft. I haven't taken a belly pic yet or anything. The one good thing is we are moving my oldest out of the nursery so I just want to do some tweaking to the decorations in there so. It much to be done. However we have done nothing yet in the room we are moving my oldest to. Ugh, being 37 and having 2 kiddos is just tiring. I think I'll blame it all on being busy with the holidays, right 😉

38. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Canoli: I'm there with ya! I'm not sure if I'm doing anything to the nursery yet. I can't decide if I should change it or leave it the same.

I'm trying to decide what I should do when it comes to delivery. We live 2 1/2hrs away from family and last time I delivered in my town but we didn't also have a toddler to care for. I was thinking of switching hospitals and My doctor To deliver by family so hubby has help with our 2 1/2 yr old. It gives me some anxiety about trying to Choose another doctor. I like mine here. But I'm trying to do what would be best for lo and dh.

39. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

So today I'm wearing sandals to work. So inappropriate! For over two weeks I haven't had to wear pumps and when I put them on this morning they were so painful. At least my tosies are painted- Robins Egg Blue! I'll pick up some new closed toe shoes after work.

Finally, I'm wearing a bra that fits I was torturing myself squeezing into my 34G, but had to wait for my 38G to arrive. I'm sure my actual boobs are bigger too, but the extra band has prevented the cup from running over and out.

40. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

I passed my 1 hour glucose!!! I was sure I was going to fail it. I had a 3D/4D Scan yesterday and Waylon hid his face the whole time but at 27 weeks he is measuring a week ahead and weighing in at 2lbs 11oz. 82 days to go!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee