Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@BandDmommy: I am doing the same thing! I thought the good thing about having another boy would be all the money I'd save, but I am going crazy for tiny onesies again.

2. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@BandDmommy: been so busy over here!!

So I've been going to a chiropractor and its really helping my lower back & tailbone pain!! Before going, i had a hard time standing and doing things after 4pm.! I'm Thinking about ordering a prenatal back brace. Has anyone ever used one?

I've been taking my son to karate, swimming, library and we've been playing in the a snow a lot!! It's just snowed over 20" here!! Also been busy with Christmas shopping!! Just trying to do lots of fun activities with him while it's just us.

Now on another note, I totally ugly cried tonight because breastfeeding my son is ending and it was just really emotional for me. Tonight was the first night we didn't snuggle and nurse. Although I dried up a few weeks ago, he's still been suckling and snuggling before bed and nap. So that 2 1/2 year journey is now ending and it's just sad but I'm happy at the same time. Ive got to get him and myself ready for new baby brother.

I had a 22 week appt yesterday and gained 30 lbs already.... 3 0 !!!!!

3. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: I also ugly cried when my daughter weaned, and I wasn't even pregnant at the time. As ready as I was for it to end, I was still sad that she wasn't a baby anymore. And I'm right there with you on the weight gain, luckily I haven't gotten any comments from my usually weight-strict OB. I'd probably scream.

This pregnancy is making me for real crazy. I am super irritable this time around and feel so bad for my poor husband. Hoping that it's just pregnancy + holidays + we are closing on our first home 3 days after Christmas thats turning me into a monster and it will pass after the holidays. Also, I've started getting heartburn this week that I don't remember having with my first. Can't wait to see LO again and check if she has hair! My first was a baldy until 2, so I'm anxious to see if this particular old wives tale proves true.

4. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MrsRoo: I've been having crazy heartburn too and am also anxious to see if she'll have hair lol

I randomly got sick yesterday morning. Threw up four times at work and came home early. Not a clue what triggered it!

5. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@MrsRoo: it's so sad! I have ugly cried the last two nights it's hurts me to have him get upset but it's time. I've dropped bedtime and so he only nurses before nap, the very last session to go, but I have no milk anymore. So he suckles for a few minutes and passes out.
    When do you get to see baby again?
    Oh I've been crazy lately too!! I'm afraid to admit how crazy, but let's just say my husband drives me crazy and I'm crushing on my handsome chiropractor I've lost my mind, clearly. Lol

6. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: ugh! Hope you feel better! Maybe a 24hr tummy bug?

7. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: I'll see her again at work on Monday. Advantages of being a sonographer
    I feel bad for both our husbands, for having to deal with us, but very glad that I'm not the only preggo wearing her crazy pants right now!

8. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@MrsRoo: I definitely feel more irritable this pregnancy. I don't have patience for some of my coworkers who constantly complain and show no appreciation. I am hoping the Christmas break will help me chill but right now DH has a sprained ankle and LO has pneumonia and an an ear infection so no chilling this weekend.

9. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@jh524: I am happy to hear your lower back is feeling better! Mine wasn't as bad as yours but if have been thinking about seeing a chiropractor for the pain.

10. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I hope you are feeling better! That happened to me 2 weeks ago and I still don't know what caused it. Thank goodness it only lasted a day.

11. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: @autumnleaves: I have no idea ladies but I marveling better thankfully. It was just so bizarre. I was at work and told two ladies "I don't know what is wrong with me" and one of them said "...you're pregnant". Lol I understand that thanks lol

12. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I just finished my first session today and I absolutely loved it. The positions weren't too strenuous and back and hips feel so much better. I have two more sessions after the first of the year. Let's see if it continues.

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I'm glad it seemed to help! I need to decide on something to help me whether it's yoga or chiropractor or something...anything.

You guys I am totally freaking out over here (not baby related). A girl at work has had her puppy in the office all last week and this week and I just got a call that the puppy has Parvo and is being put down. My dogs are almost 2 (1/9/16) and have their vaccines but I am still so worried. They didn't come into contact with the pup but I did and after almost 2 weeks of it they've had to been exposed repeatedly from me, right? I mean my shoes, my clothes. Ugh.

14. Nibygd

pea / 13 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Keep an eye on your pups, but try not to stress. When I used to work with a wild animal rehab, we would have Parvo coyotes and foxes all the time and none staff or volunteers' dogs ever got it.

15. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Nibygd: thank you! One of them is small so I worry about her. She gets sick more often than the other one and just seems so fragile! But they both have been acting normal so I am hoping they'll both be ok.

16. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Oh no. Poor puppy. I'm sure your dogs will be fine, especially if they're up to date with their vax.

17. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: I know I am so sad for the puppy

18. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Gah! I just need to offload! Being pregnant at Christmas sucks but being pregnant with GD at Christmas REALLY sucks. My DH is sat here on the sofa with a bottle of good wine and a tub of Quality Street chocolates..... and its not fair! I'm drinking water. I cant have anything this Christmas. No mince pies, no Christmas pudding .... I could enjoy the cheese board only I cant have any biscuits or any of the nice cheeses. I cant even have roast potatoes. I'm proper glum.

Thank you. Rant over.

19. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

So, a few updates. First, I think we decided on Piper for her name!

Second, the puppy wasn't out down this weekend. They decided to try and fight the Parvo and so far she is doing well. Eating and drinking and becoming more energetic (or so I'm told). Just thought you ladies might want to know! (And my dogs are still OK so far).

20. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

Now that we now we are having a girl, we've been debating on some uncommon names. What do you all think about the name Freya?

21. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Cherrybee: That sucks! I told my DH he cannot have mimosas this year - we can look forward to having those together next year. I hope you get to enjoy a nice piece of meat at least.

22. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@PeanutsBaby: @JennyLayneAZ: I like your names!

23. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@autumnleaves: I do too. My husband however likes the name Skylar. I think of Breaking Bad every time he says the name lol.

24. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I love Freya! Its quite popular in the UK now but I still love it.

@PeanutsBaby: I really like Skylar but my DH vetoed it.

@JennyLayneAZ: I'm so glad your dogs are ok and its great news about the puppy. Fingers crossed.

25. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I know I said it before, but I love Piper as a name!

@Cherrybee: I have been so jealous of people drinking. Last pregnancy I did not miss it as much. I wonder if the difference this time is having a toddler...

@PeanutsBaby: Freya is super cute. I like Skylar too, but am more partial to Freya.

@JennyLayneAZ: glad your dog and the puppy are doing ok.

26. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

So, anniversary update. We got to the hotel and they didn't have any of the Jr suites left even though we reserved one, so instead they upgraded us to a mansion suite without us asking. It had the biggest bathtub and I was able to soak completely. It was heavenly. DH laughed when I started a bath less than 10 minutes after being in the room. But it was amazing.
    We also did a really nice dinner out with amazing food and service. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a nicer night out with the IL's watching LO1.
    In baby news, a u/s Friday had LO2 measuring at about 1.66 pounds, and he has decided to have lots of dance parties, kicking to the point that I can watch my belly move and even the laptop yesterday. I carry a lot of extra weight and am surprised at how soon this is happening this time around.
    And, my boss is encouraging me to go down to 4 days a week whenever I feel ready. Dh will be out of town for nearly 2 weeks starting 1/14, and I am considering starting my shorter weeks then, even though I will only be about 27 weeks. As long as I maintain 30 hours a week, my benefits are completely intact, but I am just not sure of the timing. What are you all planning in terms of shorter work weeks before going on leave?

27. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@PeanutsBaby: Freya is adorable I love it. Skylar is ok but my sister had a dog with that name so that's all I can think of now!
    @Cherrybee: sorry you can't have anything yummy! I am missing champagne lately (not something I drink on the regular but it must be the time of year).
    @bloved: @autumnleaves: thank you!
    @MaisyMay: no plans for shorter weeks just yet. We'll see what happens when it gets closer. I really need to make a full paycheck though so I will probably just work full time as long as I can.

28. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MaisyMay: sounds lovely!

29. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I currently work PT from home whatever hours I want. DS is in preschool 5 days a week and DD 3 days. I'll probably aim for 20 - 30 hours a week unless I have appointments or something else comes up. I work from home so no need to reduce hours.

30. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Nothing new with me. I've gained a total of 10 lbs :shocked:. Which is fine, I'm on track to gain 25 lbs for the total pregnancy, which is normal. Still have weekly progesterone shots and check up with a nurse. I am getting spoiled with these home visits.

31. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: oh your anniversary trip sounds lovely! I'm a teacher, so no part time option for me. And since I changed districts and gave up tenure (and all my sick days) I think I will be working right up Til the very end!

32. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@MaisyMay: what an awesome anniversary!

I am planning to work FT in the office till the due date but I'll take it one day at a time. My office is flexible so if I need to WFH occasionally they are ok with it.

33. Nibygd

pea / 13 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I love the name Freya! It sounds cute and beautiful at the same time!

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Just got these delivered! So cute!
    Eta...don't know why the pic didn't post... so trying again!

35. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Aaw. Adorable!

36. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: cute! I have been buying a ton of Mini Boden for baby C.

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: thank you!
    @BandDmommy: Thanks! I am really trying hard not to buy too many clothes until after my baby shower, but its hard!

38. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: love those! So cute!

39. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@Cherrybee: I'm sorry you can't eat sweets this holiday season - that's awful! Your husband should not be eating next to you, though - he needs to go into the kitchen with his treats!

I've been super quiet just because there hasn't been much to report. My glucose test came back and normal is 130 and I got 131. Because the rest of my numbers were really good, my dr. isn't having me do the 3 hour test (thank goodness). He just recommended I exercise for 10 minutes after each meal. That's impossible at breakfast (I have to get out the door), but doable for lunch & dinner. Overall, I'm just trying to up my activity. I was already walking the dog for 20 - 30 minutes 4 -5 times a week, but I guess that's not enough. Ah well. It'll make me healthier this pregnancy in the long run.

I also caved to my own worries and used my secondary insurance (through my husband's work) to order a proper anatomy scan. It took about 45 minutes and, thankfully, everything came back normal. Now I feel like I can relax.

And, the last bit of news is that my sister found out she's expecting a baby boy, too. Our sons will be about 1 month apart (she's due after me). I'm so excited!

I hope you all enjoy the holidays. I was pleased to see I wasn't the only one going crazy this holiday season (pregnancy hormones & the holidays don't mix). But, I'm finally feeling more relaxed now that shopping is done. Now I just have to wrap everything....looks like I'll be enjoying an Outlander marathon tonight.

40. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Cherrybee: Sorry about the GD over the holidays. I can't even imagine. I think I would have had to skip everyone's party or bring my own food. And that's no fun. I hope you are having a good Christmas!

@JennyLayneAZ: piper is cute!
    @PeanutsBaby: Freya is a cute name!
    @MaisyMay: What an amazing anniversary treat! It's great that your scan went well, and that you will be able to get shorter weeks pretty soon. I'll be working my 40+ until the end, or until I have to stop.
    @JennyLayneAZ: Cute onesies!
    @poppygirl15: Hooray for a good GD test. Hopefully you can keep up with the exercise. It's so exciting that you and your dis are expecting at the same time. How exciting to have cousins so close in age!

Everything's been pretty boring here. I had a growth scan this Tuesday, and the baby was measuring at 1 lb and 5 oz. He/ she was being pretty quiet, but decided to cover its face at the end when the tech was trying to get us a 3D picture of the face. Even though we couldn't make out much, it was still fun seeing baby in 3D mode for a bit. My next scan is in mid January.
    Merry Christmas April mommas!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee