Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@auggiefrog: My LO covered his face for most of the 3d too. At the very end he moved his arm and we got a semi-blurry image.

2. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@auggiefrog: When I was pregnant with my daughter, we only ever got one U/S with a profile of her face - I joked she was camera shy!

3. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

Has anyone taken the glucose screening yet? I'm having mine done this Wed and was wondering if it's a super sweet as I've heard. I don't do well with super sweet stuff. Makes me sick to my stomach.

4. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I have not taken it this pregnancy yet, but I don't remember thinking it was too bad from my first pregnancy. Good luck!

5. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@PeanutsBaby: yes - I had it early at 20 weeks. It is super sweet especially if you don't drink sugary drinks. The fruit punch one is like Hawaiian punch fruit juice and the orange one is like uncarbonated Sunkist. You have to drink it in 5 minutes - try put your mind somewhere else when you have to drink it. Hopefully you'll only have to do the test once.

6. MaisyMay

@PeanutsBaby: For me, the ONLY perk to being diabetic is that I get to skip that test. With my first LO, the nurse asked at some point "So have we scheduled your glucose test?" and I just looked at her before saying "but I'm always diabetic, so I get to skip that, right?" and she agreed.

7. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@MaisyMay: Hahaha! That's hilarious!

@PeanutsBaby: Yes, its rank. Its very sweet but its also really thick like syrup. Ugh. I heaved. Good luck for your test.

8. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I took it. At LabCorp at least the stuff has been vastly improved since I did the test while pregnant with my daughter 3 years ago. The tech told me the clear stuff is better than the colored stuff and, really, it wasn't that bad. Tasted like Hi-C punch. Good luck!

9. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Blah I took my glucose test today. I have to wait till the end of the week to find out if I passed or not. Here's to the waiting game! Silver lining, I get to see my little boys face (hopefully) next Monday at my 3D/4D scan.

10. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

Has anyone gotten a glider for their nursery or has one already that they love? We've been testing them out this week and am hoping to find a re-sale or one on sale somewhere. I read somewhere that furniture clearances usually happen in February - not sure if that includes baby furniture.

I hope everyone has a happy New Year!

11. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@autumnleaves: I have one from my first son. It is a dutailier. Overall we liked it because it was comfortable and it has a high back (important because my husband and I are tall). However, my big regret is that we did not pay more for it to recline. The salesman actually talked us out of it, saying we would not want to fall asleep while holding the baby. As a new mom with no baby yet, I of course agreed and thought that sounded dangerous. Well with a 2.5 year old that still does not sleep through the night, I would LOVE to be able to fall asleep holding him.

12. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@autumnleaves: My husband and I got ours on clearance from Buy Buy Baby a few months back. It has a little nick on one of the sides, but barely noticeable. I like to go there once every two weeks to see what they have on sale or on clearance. I found strollers, complete bedding sets, etc.

13. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

So I have to tell this story and please, if anyone has had this happen to them, how did you react. I had stopped by a coffee shop to get some tea after my yoga class and an older woman who was in front of me asked me if I was having a girl or a boy. I told her it was a girl and then she then asked me how far along I was. I said 5 months. This is what really shocked me...she had the nerve to ask me how many girls am I carrying. I was so taken back.

14. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I have had a few people comment on how big I look and ask if I am sure it's just one. It really annoys me. Why do people say stuff like that to pregnant women? I also feel big for 24 weeks along but this is my third child and stuff is just stretched out. I see myself naked everyday. I don't need people's comments on what they think of my body. Commiseration for you mama!

15. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@PeanutsBaby: a few weeks back at work someone asked if I was having twins. I told her no, but I know my belly is huge for 21 weeks at the time. She then, followed up she didn't mean that I was extra big, but that her daughter had twins and showed me pics of the grandkids. Twins were on her mind I guess.

My parents, separately, already made comments about how big my belly was in bump photos at 15/16 weeks, so I'm immune to other's comments. I of course, love when people say it's "all belly"...because yeah there's a lot of belly & boob going on.

16. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@PeanutsBaby: ugh- With my last pregnancy, I got huge in the third trimester and I got SO many comments from people who thought they were comedians. And my family still brings up how huge I was! It does not really bother me, although it does boggle my mind that people think someone else's size is ok to comment on just because they are pregnant!!

17. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@Canoli: I feel the same way. Some people just don't realize that some women have bigger bellies than others. I'm grateful that my husband tells me how beautiful my tummy is and proud of my tummy.

18. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I have a round belly at the best of times and I always look a little bit pregnant - so as soon as a baby starts growing in there I look 7 months gone! People are always asking me how many babies I have in there and commenting on my size and I know they mean no harm, but they're effectively saying "wow, you're fat" because fat is what this bump is mostly made of!

19. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@Cherrybee: I've never had a flat tummy growing up and even though I'm 5 months, I look like I'm about to "pop" any day.

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@PeanutsBaby: my mom asked me on Halloween if I was sure I wasn't having twins LOL nope, just one baby in there! My Grandmother In Law told me at Christmas that I'm all belly, but my brand new stretch marks on my hips and butt disagree!

@autumnleaves: We bought a glider from Wal Mart and its actually pretty comfortable. And it was cheap LOL

21. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@PeanutsBaby: Ugh! I haven't had any comments like that, but plenty of people have commented on how "big" my belly is. Mind you, I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant and have been gaining the recommended 1 lb a week. It's just all in my belly. But, I still hate it because I'm self-conscious of it. And seriously, where do people get off making body comments to a pregnant woman - just say I look great! Anyhow, the people commenting to me have all been co-workers or family members, so I just smile & nod. But if I got a comment like you did from a stranger, I think I'd try to educate them a little on feelings and say something (calmly) like: "I know you didn't mean offense by that comment, but it is still offensive/hurts my feelings that you're commenting on my body. I'm carrying a healthy baby and that's all anyone should be worried about."

22. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

So.... how much movement is everybody feeling? This little girl kicks so much! E wasn't a hugely active foetus (or, at least, I didn't feel lots and lots of movement) but this one is a disco baby!

23. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@poppygirl15: That's the perfect response. I think I was just in such a state of shock, that I had a hard time coming up with a response.

24. PeanutsBaby

pea / 21 posts

@Cherrybee: Ours moves 24/7. She moves so much that it's hard to sleep at night.

25. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@PeanutsBaby: I'm sure I would have been too shocked to respond, too! People are crazy!

26. MaisyMay

Well, found out the hard way that my dentist won't treat pregnant women without a permission slip from the doctor. That was fun, but thankfully Kaiser is really fast about those sorts of things.

27. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@Cherrybee: I get little bursts of activity, but he seems to be a pretty quiet baby, like his sister (if I remember correctly). Where are you all feeling the kicks? This baby is SO low!

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: My baby is rambunctious and moves all the time. At the doctor yesterday the heartbeat was still fast in the 150s. Too much energy to burn!

29. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Cherrybee: My baby has his or her active days, but usually is quiet when I am working. I'm getting some kicks now though.

30. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: I feel like this baby has stronger kicks, but less frequent kicks if that makes sense. He is usually quiet during the day and more active in the evening. Thankfully so far he is still letting me sleep!

31. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: Piper is super active. She's usually kicking every 90 minutes or so. And I think I've felt her flip a few times because I've had some strange feelings down where she is and that's all I can come up with. She also loves to kick my bladder. Fun times lol

@poppygirl15: She is s super low. Like right above my pubic bone low. Which is hilarious when people touch my belly way high lol like dude you're just touching my fat and intestines but whatever lol

32. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Ha! Glad I'm not the only one!

33. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@poppygirl15: Mine are mostly in line with my belly button, off to the left. Sometimes, I get little thumps low down. Its brilliant, I love it!

34. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Happy New Year

4/3: BandDmommy:
    4/5: Surbro:, AMommyThang: , PoppyGirl15:
    4/6: MaisyMay:
    4/10: Rinna9:, GwenMarieDC: , Nibygd:
    4/11: mamabolt:
    4/13: auggiefrog:
    4/15: Mrs. Lemon-Lime:
    4/18: MrsRoo: , Canoli:
    4/19: JH524:
    4/20: AKCoffeeBean:
    4/21: Lauraeva:, Den mom: , PeanutsBaby:
    4/22: AutumnLeaves:
    4/23: JennyLayneAZ:
    4/24: Bloved: , BlueWolverine:
    4/25: Cherrybee:

35. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats on !!!

36. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@BandDmommy: TY lady! Please check your wall.

37. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Wow, @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: ! I thought you weren't finding out? How did this come about?

38. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yay congrats on your

39. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats on a boy!

40. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Congratulations on your baby boy!!! I'm suddenly feeling a little lonely on the team green front. How are you holding up @Nibygd ?

@poppygirl15: Most of mine are pretty low as well. I feel bumping near my pelvic bone often, and more rarely near my belly button. I still find babies heartbeat closer to my pubic bone every so often, even though I mostly find it near my belly button. Today I felt a bump on both of my sides at the same time. It was pretty weird. I think the baby was stretching out while it still can.

I think we've decided on our top girl name. Ada had been bumped off of our list for a while because my cousins kid is named Ava. It took me a while to convince my husband the a child we see on average of two times a year shouldn't be a big factor in our naming decisions. So now Ada (after Ada Lovelace, the first female computer programmer) Marie (My Moms name, but DH also likes that is the name of another prominent female scientist as well) is back on the top of our list.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee