Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: lol this is so funny! Don't worry mama, little one will be here soon! I know how miserable you feel, I just kept trying to remind myself in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter if she was in there for 2 more days or 14 more days. It will be so amazing for your baby to choose his own birthday and come at exactly the right time. So just eat LOTS of ice cream in your underwear indoors in the mean time.

2. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Hey ladies, i'm joining the overdue club. Due date was friday 8/21 and i'm now 40+2 and not a single contraction yet. i've been walking, bouncing on a yoga ball, eating spicy food, had sex, eating dates, and NOTHING has been happening. Sleeping is pretty much impossible, i wake up so uncomfortable every two hours and have a stiff back/hips and whatever side I'm laying on falls asleep. even sleeping sitting up propped up on pillows isn't even comfortable anymore. Also, I've been crawling out of my skin itchy, breaking out in hives on my feet/ankles/legs/hips/stomach. DH keeps telling me to stop scratching, but its that kind of itch that feels good to pretty much scratch until you bleed (which i know sounds gross).

3. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MissLace: hives are the worst! Hang in there!

4. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Laurabear OMG you poor thing! Ctx 5 minutes apart?! That must be rough. Sounds like you are doing a great job of handling it. I wonder if all this weird labor stuff for us is related to our babies both being posterior. I have heard that labor can be a lot longer with a posterior babe because they aren't in ideal position. I asked my OB about it and she said it can be unpredictable - she said some people have normal fast labors with posterior babies! So I hope once he gets into position, things will go quick for you. And I would for sure NOT go to work tomorrow if I was 5cm dilated and having contractions every 5 minutes!!!

@buttermilk thanks for that You're right - after he's here I am going to forget all about whether I had to wait an extra week for him to come. I talked to a friend at church this morning who has a 6 week old and she went overdue, was induced, etc. and she was telling me how all the end-discomforts and worries of pregnancy are a total blur now.

@MissLace hang in there!! Baby will be here soon. I know you must be miserable.

I am very crampy and uncomfortable with my contractions this afternoon. They are hurting more in my back and my upper thighs. They seem more uncomfortable than usual - but this has happened to me before so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Going out to Home Depot and Target with DH here shortly to stock up on some stuff before baby comes.

5. mommygrace

coffee bean / 34 posts

Hang in there mommas! Past the ole due date yesterday so feeling like a ticking time bomb everywhere I go. This patience stuff is tough stuff! lol. My husband is a pastor and my due date has been printed in the bulletin for 6 months now so got a lot of fun comments at church this am! Go to doc in the morning. Thinking I'll have him strip the membranes and pray that gets things going. Been having BH for a while now but they are very inconsistent. Glad to check in on the board. At least we are in this together!

6. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Mommygrace oh my. I can't imagine this as a pastor's wife! We go to church every Sunday and are very involved so I feel a little of your pain. I know everyone means well, but on the way home today I told my husband I thought I might get physically violent with the next person who said "You're STILL pregnant?!" or "You better try eating some spicy food" or whatever. There is this one man that for the last 3 weeks talks to me for like 10 minutes about how I need to eat a big plate of spaghetti and I will go into labor. So today it was "I guess you didn't eat your spaghetti!" I know that's not very Christianlike to feel that way but I was feeling soooo over it!!

7. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

At the hospital. Water broke around 6am. 4cm dilated, 90 percent effaced. Contractions hurt like a mother!

8. mommygrace

coffee bean / 34 posts

@mrsads praying for smooth & healthy delivery!!!!!! Yay!!!

9. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsADS: good luck!!!!

10. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: YAY! you can do this! It hurts but it's the only way out!!!

11. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MrsADS: hooray!! So excited for you! Will say some prayers that's it's quick and baby is healthy!

12. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

Baby still hasn't come yet for me. I'm pretty exhausted emotionally and mentally from being on high alert! Contractions still aren't very painful at all - I'm able to sleep okay, but they are still constant. Not sure if I'm dilated anymore from the 5cm I was at the hospital on Saturday, but I've been walking a lot, DTD, nipple stimulation, Yoga ball work, etc. EDD isn't until Friday but it's hard after having been told by several medical professionals that baby would be here by now

Do y'all have anyone you know who has been through something similar where they were this dilated for awhile? Some positive similar stories would always help!

13. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MrsADS: good luck!!!

14. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

I am 8cm now. Progressing CRAZY fast. I got an epidural. I went from 6cm to 8 in 20 mins! Baby coming soon!

15. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: Oh my gosh!! Baby time! Good luck

16. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: yay!!!

17. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@MrsADS: whoa! Good luck ☺

18. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MrsADS: wow!! thinking of you and baby!!

19. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@MrsADS: I'm late to the game, so I'm sure baby is here or almost here by now!!good luck mama!

20. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@LauraBear: hang in there!! My friend was dilated to a 4/5 for a week. She got sick of being pregnant so she asked our midwife to break her water. Baby was born 1.5 hours later. Granted, it was her third and she knew that any intervention would push her over the edge into active labor, as her other two labor a were similarly fast.

21. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@OhCaptain: Thanks! I have an appointment on Wednesday with my midwife so depending on if I have progressed past 5cm by then, I may just get her to break my water. Contractions are getting somewhat more painful so maybe I'm making progress!

22. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@LauraBear: I bet you won't make it to Wednesday!

@MrsADS: baby day! Can't wait to hear about your little boy!

23. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Baby is here! Born 1:08pm eastern... after getting to the hospital at 8:30! Fast and furious. Only pushed 20 mins. Had to get an episiotomy bc he was having decels and not tolerating pushing. And I was struggling to get him out. He was born with his arm up by his head! 7lb 9 oz, 20 inches. Pics, full story to come later.

24. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsADS: congratulations! P was also born with her hand on her face, silly kids! Can't wait to see pics! Get some rest, good job mama!

25. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MrsADS: congratulations!

26. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MrsADS: congrats!! So happy for you!! 20 minutes of pushing - wow! Did he end up turning? Can't wait to see pics and hear more about it, but hope you're enjoying the time with baby now

27. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@MrsADS: congrats!

My little guy ended up arriving via c section last night, at just over 9lbs! A little sooner than I thought but super happy he's here

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@kitty: big guy! Congrats mama!

29. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@kitty: Congrats, mama!!!

30. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kitty: Congratulations!

31. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: congrats mommy!!!! Finally!!!!

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kitty: @MrsADS: Congrats to both of you!!!

33. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MrsADS: @kitty: congrats!!!

34. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: @kitty: Congrats on the arrival of your littles, ladies!!

35. mommygrace

coffee bean / 34 posts

Anyone else that's overdue feeling doubtful that the baby will ever come?! 😢struggling today. Got membranes swept yesterday and I'm 2 cm. off and on BH but nothing painful. I think I lost my mucus plug today (it was very lightly tinged pink and looked like fertile mucus, sorry tmi ladies!!) had felt "pressure-y" type BH down low. My first born was 2 days early so this is just silly😂my doc is super positive, not concerned bc baby looks good on u /s and fluid is good.but I've never had so much white space on my calendar in my life. Going stirrrr crazy. Encouragement needed!

36. mommygrace

coffee bean / 34 posts

I do feel like the BH are getting harder though, but not more painful? Is that weird? Anyone else experienced that?

37. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@mommygrace: hang in there!! Fingers crossed baby shows up soon!

38. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@mommygrace: you can do it! Babies will be here before we know it and we won't even remember this anxious waiting period! Crazy that your first one was early, though! So I understand that you're surprised! I'm still three days away from my EDD but after the midwife said last Friday that baby would be here any minute, it has been hard the last couple of days... trying to just go about life normally today. It has helped a little bit!

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@LauraBear: @mommygrace: hang in there mamas! Once they're here, there here forever. Your baby is just waiting for the most perfect time to be born.

40. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

Cormac Raymond arrived today at 4:09pm! He is the sweetest, most handsome baby ever and I just love him so much.

Got to the hospital at noon and was dilated to a 9, water broke on the toilet at the hospital and pushed for two hours. His head was right there but he was posterior so just couldn't get the last bit of him out. Midwife ended up using the vacuum to get him all the way out, and I got a second degree tear but no epi. For only four hours, it was absolutely exhausting. DH was amazing and rubbed my back and advocated for me. He also saw some pretty crappy (literally) stuff. Thankful it'll be a few years before I have to do this again but I know Mac is worth it.

Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement. I am so content right now. Will post picture soon.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee