Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Mrs. J happy birthday!

Maybe TMI, but my nipples have been leaking like CRAZY the past day or two. Like I woke up this morning with wet spots on the bed. Is it a sign??? Probably not but I like to think so!

2. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. J: happy birthday!!

@MrsADS: Maybe!! I have had absolutely zero leakage. I've even tried to express a bit and nothing. Hope that doesn't mean anything. Are you still working or are you on leave yet? I'll be working until September unless he comes early, but I'm working from home today for non-pregnancy related reasons and it's nice

3. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Laurabear I'm still working but full time from home till the baby comes (which is AWESOME). I have a pretty long commute. I was going to go back after I was off bed rest but my boss said she wanted me to just stay at home till the baby comes - I think they are afraid I'm going to have to give birth on the side of the interstate stuck in traffic or something! LOL. I'm feeling pretty "done" with work but I figure since I'm at home I might as well keep going until he gets here.

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mrsjyw: @laurabear: @mrsads: thank you!!!

5. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

update! i just went for my weekly (40week) appointment since I'm due on friday and they did a check and I'm 3cm dilated and 80% effaced already! for reference i was 1cm and 50% at my 37 week appointment. I haven't had any signs or contractions at all yet, but the Dr is convinced it will be very soon. Here's hoping she makes her arrival tomorrow or friday! : )

6. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MissLace: yippee! Good luck!

7. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Misslace yay!! That sounds like awesome progress!

I went to my 39 wk appointment today. I have felt like the baby isn't moving quite as much, so I got an ultrasound and a non stress test. He did great and everything looks fine, so that's a relief. They estimate he is 7lbs 14 oz, although I know late term ultrasounds can be very inaccurate.

I was having a LOT of contractions on the monitor. But, when my dr checked me, I'm still 1-2 cm dilated, about 80% effaced... so, no change at all from last week. Ugh. She said his head is SUPER low, but my cervix is still very posterior.

I have my next appointment scheduled for Monday, if he's not here then we'll talk about possibly inducing, which I don't want to have to do. Meh.

8. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MissLace: Great progress!! Hope baby comes soon!

@MrsADS: Don't get discouraged, there's still time! I hope baby boy gets the show going before you need to seek out other options.

9. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MissLace: sounds promising!! Thinking of you!!!

@MrsADS: well, they say that once the real labor starts, the dilation can go really fast! So you never know!! Will you have your membranes swept next week? I have my 39 week appointment on Friday and the midwife said she could sweep my membranes there if I want. Not sure though as it is still early. Think I might wait until after the due date! Back in the office today - wish I was working from home like you!! But trying to enjoy the normalcy as I feel anything but normal! I have been feeling extra achy down there the last two days and my BHs just are crampy. Ugh.

10. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MissLace: fingers crossed!

11. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@laurabear IDK about getting my membranes swept, will definitely ask though! My OB doesn't want me to go past 41 wks, but maybe sooner- I have started having some major swelling in my feet and hands. My BP and urine seem fine (well, BP around 125/80 which is a bit high for me), but I gained 5 lbs this past week according to their scale, so something weird is going on with swelling or fluid retention (I've been eating a lot but not THAT much!) So, I guess all that could potentially factor into getting induced. I am scared that my posterior cervix and the fact that baby is posterior mean I am at a high risk of a csection!

My contractions have also definitely been more frequent and more painful the last 2 days! I keep hoping it means something is happening but nothing yet.

12. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: @MissLace: fingers crossed!!

13. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MrsADS: Hmm that weight gain is a bit weird but as long as your doctor is monitoring it, it should be okay! My BP was kind of high at my appointment last week, too - 120, which is the highest it's been so far, but the midwife didn't seem concerned and said that was normal with how big I am now. Ha. My BHs got more painful yesterday afternoon and I was almost convinced they would turn into something last night! I even DTD with DH but alas, nothing! My guy is also posterior and my mom delivered all three of her kids posterior and didn't have any c-sections. But I understand your fears! I haven't really thought much about a c-section until the last couple of weeks... would not be thrilled about it.

I am so uncomfortable today with some new hip pain. Whine whine whine. I know we will meet our little ones soon but these last few days just are dragging!!

14. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

Exciting update! I just had my 39 week check up and I am almost 4cm dilated and 80% effaced Midwife thinks baby will come this weekend!!! He is posterior, though, so I think I'm going to leave work early and go spend the day on all fours trying to get him to move anterior! Hope to meet him soon and show him off with some pics for y'all!!! Send me some prayers and good vibes, please!

15. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@LauraBear: Good luck- definitely sounds promising!

16. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@LauraBear: Excited for you! Keep us updated!

17. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@LauraBear: woo woo! If your hospital has a peanut ball, use it! It flipped LO during my labor and she was born anterior! Good luck!

18. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@LauraBear: good luck!!

19. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I am so curious-- what is a peanut ball??

20. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@abmamma: it's like a yoga ball, but peanut shaped! You pit it between your legs while lying on your side, and you can.pivot more to your belly... Something about it turns babies really effectively!

21. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: wow-- that's really cool!

22. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Laurabear wow sounds like you are really close! Good luck.

@Mrs. Microscope I am also very curious about the peanut ball, interesting!

My baby is also posterior and I am convinced that is the reason I am not going into labor Actually, my main concern is that my cervix is apparently still very posterior (although extremely effaced and 1-2 cm dilated), and the baby is so low/engaged that the cervix is up behind his head. So his head isn't putting pressure on it. I feel like if my cervix would just MOVE to underneath his head, I would go into labor or at least start progressing. But, I don't know how to make that happen.

23. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: will definitely ask about the peanut! Haven't heard of it before but am currently at home lying on my left side with the snoogle between my legs in a similar position to what you're describing. Hope it helps!

Had some bloody mucusy discharge during the cervical exam and midwife thought it was the bloody show? Some bloody mucus continued for a few hours afterwards. Do y'all think it was the bloody show or just from the cervical exam? Not that I don't trust this midwife but it was the first time I saw this specific midwife and only want to make sure I don't take her words to heart too much! Would be such a bummer if this wasn't it!!

24. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@LauraBear: good luck!

25. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@MrsADS: I hope your cervix moves! I think mine is posterior too, although that's only from a self-examination. I don't have any internal exams until Monday, when I will be 39+5.

@LauraBear: good luck! It would be great if things kick into gear soon

Well I'm 39+3 today, and I made it past the period of having about a billion people staying at our place so I'm very relieved. However, my OB said at my 38 week appt that if I haven't gone into labour by my due date he is thinking of inducing at 40+2. He thinks I have a big baby and I'm only small. I really want to beat the induction, to avoid a whole bunch of interventions! So far I've had no indications except a few hours of cramping low down yesterday.

26. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@LauraBear: good luck! I had clear mucus when wiping for weeks before. The morning before I went into labor I had a large glob of clear mucus so I knew thinks we're cookin. Then while I was in active labor I had my bloody show once I started feeling more pushy. It was a very large totally red glob. Haha.

27. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@LauraBear: @kitty: Good luck ladies!!

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@LauraBear: @kitty: thinking of you today!

29. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@kitty: best of luck!

30. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

Thanks all for thinking of me! I am at the hospital now because I had my bloody show and contractions got down to 5 minutes. Just got checked and I'm 5cm but contractions are not strong. Am walking around to see if I progress. May go home to labor some more if haven't dilated anymore after an hour. Trying to stay positive!

31. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@LauraBear: 5cm is awesome! Baby will be here tonight or tomorrow morning!

32. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: thanks!! It's so weird because contractions aren't that bad - just some back pain and pelvic pressure. But maybe it's a good sign!! Can't wait to meet him

33. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@LauraBear: exciting!!!! good luck mama, you got this!!!

34. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

No progress from the 5cm and contractions still aren't that painful though they are every 5 min. So I'm going home to try to continue to labor med-free. They told me to come back once the contractions get too painful to stand/talk. Nurse says she does know someone who was 5cm for several days - hope that's not me! Thanks for y'all's words of encouragement - hope things progress more quickly soon!

35. mommygrace

coffee bean / 34 posts

This gave me a pretty good laugh lol

36. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@LauraBear: good luck!!

37. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@mommygrace: this is so perfect!

38. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@LauraBear: how are you doing??

39. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Laurabear yes how are you?? Hopefully baby is getting closer to making an appearance!

@Mommygrace this is exactly how I feel ALL THE TIME.

I am so hot and swollen all the time I feel like I am about to explode. I'm so big, wish I hadn't gained so much of this weight. Ugggh. After all my preterm labor scares, I never dreamed I would still be pregnant now at 39+5. Baby please come out.

Also, I've decided I'm going to make a sign and carry it around every time I go anywhere in public. "Due on Tuesday. Boy. Not in labor yet. Not going to shoot the baby out on the floor." Everywhere I go it's just a barrage of questions. I am getting very grumpy.

40. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. J: @MrsADS: still pregnant! Contractions are the same - every 4-5 minutes and hurt a little more but I can still talk and function okay through them. Was able to sleep about 6 hours last night so feeling ok. DTD and some extensive nipple stimulation with DH but didn't seem to help. Going to try a bath and some more walking today. Really don't want to go to work tomorrow since I'm 5cm at least at this point...Such a weird labor as I didn't realize you could be this dilated without being in active labor. So I feel you, MrsADS - what is going on with our bodies?? Nurse thinks it's likely due to baby being posterior so trying everything I can to get him to move. Maybe today is the day?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee