Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: great! I'm so happy you'll meet your little one tomorrow, and that you're feeling at peace!

2. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Hey, light bleeding after a cervical exam is normal right?

3. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: 100% normal and could be a good sign! As long as it's not like, filling pads bleeding.

My cervix is irritable and I bleed from exams and paps quite easily. All normal

4. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@buttermilk: great news!! I'm sure it'll be soon!

@getjazzy: will be thinking of you tomorrow morning - glad you feel at peace about it. you get to meet your baby so soon!

5. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: that's awesome!! Way better than I was at 40 weeks with DD. We will see where things are this time when I go in Thursday.

@getjazzy: so excited for you! I know it isn't what you initially hoped for but, for what it's worth, my bf said her RCS/recovery was so much better than she expected/way easier than the first time so hopefully you will feel the same. Will you be able to rest tonight?? I think I'd be too nervous/excited to sleep much- hoping that's not the case for you!!

6. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@abmamma: I will be able to rest, but probably won't sleep that well. My toddler and dog are getting dropped off at my parent's house tonight so we don't have to do a 4am wake up and drop off. I think I will be nervous/excited but in wayyyy better shape than my last c-section which came after 53 hours of labour, 37 without drugs, hadn't slept or ate that whole time... it was ROUGH and we basically just crashed afterwards. Hubs and I were like "awww look at our baby boy .. zzzzzzz". Will certainly be more pleasant this time.

7. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@aprild: Sorry to hear about things with your toddler, but hopefully it will just be a short phase. I agree that it seems daunting for you to have to go to that wedding without much support, in any case!

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: woo! Hope you get to meet your little girl soon!

@getjazzy: I will be thinking about you tomorrow morning! Can't wait for your announcement!

9. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I tried pumping for the first time. My midwife gave me the go ahead bc nipple stimulation can induce labor. Um, it's REAL WEIRD!

10. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: lol. I hate pumping.

11. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@buttermilk: haha. I'm not looking forward to it!

12. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: @LauraBear: yeah I was pretty immediately NOT into it lol.

13. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

So just to throw me for a loop, been having contractions all afternoon lol. Thanks kiddo, make my last day pregnant a painful one. Imagine how hysterical it would be to have a VBAC a few hours before a scheduled section lol.

14. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: omg wellllll fingers crossed!?!

15. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@LauraBear: I think it will be a short phase. He just has to get used to sharing momma.

@buttermilk: I am not a fan of pumping. It's so much work. I find breastfeeding directly to the baby to be much easier.

@getjazzy: That would be crazy, but could also be a wonderful thing! Keep us updated

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: maybe baby needed an eviction notice!?

17. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@buttermilk: When my contractions were three minutes apart I was 100% effaced and 1.5cm dilated... so you are at the same point/ahead of where I was while in labor! My baby got super squirmy starting two days before labor. I think it is coming for you soon!

18. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms. RV: Oooh! I just told DH how squirmy she has been the past 2 nights!

I'm not stressed or trying to wish it away. Not miserable and I've enjoyed being pregnant so just gonna soak up the end bc she will be here before we know it!

19. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Well baby girl just wanted to give me one last hurrah of drama. No labour real, she was just protesting me not laying down because as soon as I went to bed, she got snug and stopped hurting me.

5:10am and we are off to the hospital! Me with a full face of makeup and pretty hair, a far cry from what I looked like for my last c-section. Will update as I can!

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: good luck mama!!!! Can't wait to hear!

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: yay, good luck!! I laughed at the makeup and hair at 5am, because that was totally me last week!

22. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@getjazzy: good luck!! Thinking of you

23. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@getjazzy good luck, almost time to meet baby!!!

@buttermilk that's a really good attitude to have about the end of pregnancy. I need to remember that. I go back and forth between feeling so done and very ready to have him and "OMG if I go into labor we are going to have a REAL LIVE BABY and take it home and everything is going to change forever" and kind of freaking out. (Not that I am not excited to meet my baby, I am - it's just a little scary too!).

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: so true. In the end what's the difference between one more day and 13 more days. Once they're here, they're here forever!

25. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsADS: for me at the end, it was the idea of going into labor again! I knew what was coming and I just wanted to jump to the baby part!!

26. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk @mrs. j so true!

I think I just lost another big chunk of mucus plug... I thought I lost some last week but this was a lot more. Not bloody at all though, so I don't know what to think. Probably means nothing!

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: Exciting! I've been having some brownish reddish discharge since my cervical check yesterday which I'm sure is nothing but I keep hoping it's my mucus plug!

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@getjazzy: so glad you got all dolled up to meet her! You will look great in photos and for your visitors! Yay for baby day!

@MrsADS: @buttermilk: thinking of you ladies today!

29. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MrsADS: @buttermilk: exciting!! I'm totally jealous- two days from my due date and nothing. I am really hoping baby boy comes soon- aside from being over the pregnancy part, DD's birthday is the 23rd and I want to be home from the hospital by then!

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@abmamma: don't be jealous, I'm one day past and literally nothing. No pains at all!

31. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@MrsADS: it is scary to have a baby! When we got to the hospital to have my first I burst into tears. I was just overwhelmed with all the emotions of how different everything was about to be.

32. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Ohcaptain thanks for posting that. I feel like a little less of a freak. I am excited to meet this baby but I am scared too, I don't know if I am ready. But I guess it's normal to feel that way.

@buttermilk @abmamma y'all hanging in there?? Hopefully more babies will be coming soon!

I was up a lot during the night with pretty uncomfortable contractions, but then I'd fall back asleep, so not the real deal, I guess. I am still feeling very crampy this morning, but at this point I am not really going to get excited about anything unless it's a drastic change from what I have felt before, and this isn't!

33. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: nada happening over here. 2 days late now. yesterday and today I've had some lower back pain. and I have had some brown mucus ever since my cervical check on Tuesday, but Idk if It's just from the check or I am actually losing the plug on my own. Every time DH and I DTD now it gets more and more comicsl, but I'm still trying. Planning to take a long walk to a very spicy Chinese restaurant for dinner tonight!

34. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MrsADS: I'm still hanging in too. Not much happening. Lower back pain and cramps on occasion plus random pains in my thighs every now and then but nothing ever sticks. I have an appt later this morning (I guess technically my 40 week even though due date is tomorrow) and may ask about getting my membranes swept.

35. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk we are going out for spicy Thai tonight, we'll see if it works

36. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: @abmamma: I was hoping for birth announcements from you ladies this morning! Keep up the good work of cooking those babies, they obviously are happy, cozy little bugs in there! They will appear when ready!

@MrsADS: you too mama! You have basically been in labor for MONTHS and your little boy is apparently happy to stay put for now! Good job keeping him happy!

Today is my official due date and part of me wishes we had made it this far, though the last 12 days have been amazing, and we obviously needed the induction. Ah, hormones!

37. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Happy due date, due date buddy!

38. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Had my 40 week appointment (a day early) today-- 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. My OB did a membrane sweep but said that my bag of waters was already somewhat separated?? I don't know exactly what that means. BUT-- I have definitely been having quite a bit of cramping and possible contractions since I left the office so I'm really hoping it leads to something.

I have an appointment Monday afternoon to have a NST and my fluids checked if the baby doesn't arrive by then. We also will likely set an induction date for next week if nothing happens in the next few days so will be pulling out the stops between now and the weekend to try and get things going!!

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@abmamma: looks like we are in the same boat mama! I also have a NST and AFI next Monday. And opted to wait til next week to sweep membranes. I hope we both get our babies this weekend!

40. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

Thanks for the updates on y'all! I know none of us want to get our hopes up but seems like some progress!!

I had my 38 week appt yesterday and my GBS test. I'm just 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Which is better than nothing, I guess! I have decided to just ignore my braxton hicks contractions since if they are the real deal, they will get to the point that I can't ignore them! But it can be hard when they are crampy and wake me up.

Got up this morning and just felt pretty done with being pregnant, and so love reading y'all's positive vibes. Babies will be here in the next few weeks regardless so should just relax and eat ice cream and popsicles in the meantime!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee