Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Ms. RV: hope you got some rest!! Good luck and keep us posted!

2. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

How's everyone doing? I made popcorn and am watching birthing videos on YouTube lol.

3. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Decided to enjoy my last few days of pregnancy. I've done everything in my power to get labour to start back up on its own and I'm throwing in the towel. I went swimming with my husband and son today and it was amazing. Had a nice steak dinner and drank a damn beer. Was glorious. Might even go swimming again tomorrow because it felt great. I don't want to go in to my (possibly) last delivery mad at my body or myself. Sooo, if fate will have it then labour will start on its own before my scheduled section on Wednesday morning. Otherwise, baby day is Wednesday!

How have you been @buttermilk: ? Still working?

4. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Also just realized, only a few more days until I'm freeeeeeeeeee from the heartburn!!! Amazing!!

5. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@buttermilk: I love watching birthing videos! So many of the ladies I know say they couldn't watch them during pregnancy but they don't bother me at all.

@getjazzy: I hope you have an enjoyable last few days

I still have 16 days to go and we are hosting family from out of state for the next week so even though I'm not the most comfortable I'm hoping for the little guy to stay put! We are pretty busy with lots of things going on but I actually prefer it that way because otherwise I get bored and impatient super easily.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting

6. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@getjazzy: good for you!! I hope whatever happens, you are able to enjoy the last few days as a family of 3!!

@buttermilk: ha- birth videos were never my thing. I watched what they showed us at the class we took with DD and that was good enough for me

Still hanging in here. DD was still sick most of the weekend but hoping she's turned the corner. I'd hoped for a fun/relaxing weekend but no such luck. Hoping no other craziness this week aside from a possible baby even DH seems ready!

7. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: good for you! Maybe some of your positive attitude will rub off on me lol. I'm okay, yesterday was just crappy bc I had nothing going on so I just wallowed around, and she isn't even late yet haha! I'm actually thankful to still have a job to get me through this week. I'm just praying she is here by the end of this week!! Not sure if I will want to work past 41 weeks.

@abmamma: @kitty: I love them - not the awful screaming ones - but the artistic, inspiring, natural ones.

8. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@getjazzy: what a great attitude!! Now that I'm in the middle of c-section recovery, I almost miss being pregnant!

9. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I'm sure it's a bunch of nothing - but I did notice slightly more mucus plug today than usual and it was in the toilet not just when I wiped. Still talking about small amounts here. And I'm having some mild shooting type pains near my crotch.

10. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: hopefully something real soon for you!! When's your due date again??

11. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk hopefully this means you're getting closer! I woke up feeling pretty crampy and having a pretty decent amount of irregular contractions, but they have kind of come and gone. Certainly nothing major so I'm not getting excited about it.

Is anyone else totally exhausted? My sleep is just crap. I would feel 10000% percent better if I could get a good solid night of sleep .

12. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: tomorrow!

@Mrs. J: see I wish I was having any type of contractions at all but I got ZILCH! thankfully I am having no trouble sleeping tho!

13. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

I had a 39 week appointment this morning. My blood pressure had been higher the last couple of weeks, so I had to do a 24 hour urine collection yesterday to rule out pre-eclampsia. I dropped that off this morning and had some blood drawn for lab work. The funny/frustrating thing is that after all that, my blood pressure this morning was the lowest it's been my entire pregnancy. That's good; I just wish it had been lower last week and saved me the trouble. The other good news is that I'm finally starting to dilate a tiny bit! She said it's about a fingertip, when every other time, it's been completely closed. My husband thinks it's because I finally ate the pineapple he bought for me.

14. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@MrsADS: My sleep seems to come and go. The past 2 nights haven't been good. Even on the better nights, I'm awake pretty often rolling over because my hips get sore, but those nights I'm able to fall back asleep easier. It seems like the more pregnant I get, the less time I can lay on one side before it gets uncomfortable.

15. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: fingers crossed for you!

@MrsADS: my sleep has been pretty crap for the last couple of weeks too. I tend to wake up and stay awake for hours at a time. DD was up for a bit at 4 this morning (talking to herself before going back to sleep) and I never really went back to sleep- dozed for a bit finally around 5:30 I think. I keep saying if my sleep is going t be this bad, I'd rather it be because the baby's here so we get the newborn phase over with

16. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@getjazzy: pool, steak dinner, and beer - you are doing it up right! Glad you are feeling better about everything. Baby will be here so soon!

@buttermilk: @kitty: @abmamma: I haven't watched any birthing videos yet - just the cartoonish ones on What to Expect or whatever. I will have to do that - had to go over the stages of labor with DH this weekend since we didn't take a birthing class and he doesn't read birth stories obsessively online like I do. I also found out that he thought 7 hours for a labor was long I was feeling really ready this past Friday when I hit 37 weeks but now am a bit freaked out since DH will be my only coach in the labor room. Birthing videos are gonna happen tonight!!!

17. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@buttermilk: hope this means something for you!! just a couple days to go until your EDD - I know you must be so ready! My mom and mother-in-law told me this weekend that neither of them had their water break/bloody show before they went into labor. Both of these happened at the hospital for all their babies (7 between them) with no inductions between them. And so now I'm like great... guess it'll just be a complete guessing game between these BHs and the real deal

18. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@ABMamma I was just telling DH the same thing today - if I am not going to be sleeping, I would rather the baby was here and that was the reason, not 3rd tri uncomfortableness! I get the awake for hours at a time thing too. Or more recently, up every hour to pee, then it takes me 30 minutes to fall back asleep because I'm so uncomfortable in bed, contractions every time I roll over and stabbing pain in my pelvis when I change positions. Ugh!

@Laurabear good idea on the birthing videos! We went to childbirth class and although it wasn't anything I didn't know, it was SO helpful for DH. I am going to start watching some breastfeeding videos too to get a better handle on what a good latch looks like, good positions, etc.

19. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MrsADS: @abmamma: @krispi: Sleep has gotten way worse for me the last few days. I toss and turn too because my hips start to hurt and even the snoogle doesn't help anymore. I finally got up the last couple of nights at 3:30 to read and watch tv some. Thankfully, I was able to take some naps during the day to make up for it but not during the week as I am chained to this desk for another few weeks.

On Friday, my BHs turned much more frequent (a few an hour) and cramps and some back pain started to accompany them. Friday night DH and I went to see Trainwreck (so good) and they were getting more frequent and I could've sworn I was going into labor. But then they died off early Friday morning and have come and gone since then. I have my Group B Strep test this Wednesday at my check-up so I was pretty stressed that maybe I was going into labor and the dumb midwife had insisted on not giving my GBS test sooner! But knowing MrsADS story, these crampy BHs could last weeks... they are not fun!

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@LauraBear: yeah my mom was the same - water broke towards the end both times and i don't even know if she knows what a mucus plug is lol.

@MrsADS: I've been reading womanly art of breastfeeding and it has a ton of good info. Something I keep coming across too is "laid back breastfeeding" where you recline back and let baby lay fully on top of you, letting gravity help you both. Makes sense to me!

My hips ache all throughout the night and I certainly wake up frequently, but thankfully I'm able to fall asleep again real quick.

Gosh I really hope this baby isn't too late. I'm very certain of my ovulation & due date so I keep thinking that means I won't go late but WHO KNOWS!!

21. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

aw man, thought I just felt my first ever contraction. turns out I just had to poop

22. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk LOL! What a letdown, haha.

I am going out to do my mall walk... day #4 in a row... the mall is big enough if I do about 4 full loops, it's about 3 miles! I feel like I need to join the silver sneakers club, our mall is always full of old people walking for exercise, haha. But it's just wayyy too hot to walk outside. Although so far, all this walking has done nothing except make me super sore at night when I'm trying to sleep.!

23. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Going to my last prenatal yoga class tonight at 41 weeks.. this should be comical haha.

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: lol have fun!

25. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Baby is super squirmy this evening. I'm chugging RRL tea and watching Bachelor in Paradise, aka the dumbest show ever. Come on baby, give me something to do!

26. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@getjazzy: haha sounds fun!

@mrsads: @buttermilk: breastfeeding videos are on my list tonight too! finally set the pack n play up next to our bed and DH was being hilaaaarious last night and mimicking how breast feeding in the motn would be so hard (sarcastically). He is going to have one hell of an educational night tonight!

hope we see some more babies this week!!!

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: bahaha I knew the EXACT date we conceived our eldest, and he was still 10 days late (which I hope doesn't happen to you!!)

28. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: I am just gonna go to bed each night visualizing my labor starting in the middle of the night!

29. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@getjazzy: That's a good way to approach things. Either way, you will have your beautiful baby soon! And I agree that having no heartburn is one of the best things about not being pregnant!

@kitty: Hope you have fun with your family!

@abmamma: Sick children are no fun! Hope she gets better soon.

@LauraBear: BH contractions are so annoying! They make you think something is happening, but it could still be a ways off. You never know!

@buttermilk: Lol to the poop comment. I hope your baby comes soon!

@MrsADS: Mall walking sounds like a great idea in this heat! Have fun!

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Today is my due date! I'm excited to find out at my midwife appt later if I am dilated at all. First exam!

31. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: happy due date!!

32. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: Happy due date!! I hope you're like 5 awesome cm dilated!!

33. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@buttermilk: happy due date! hope you get some good news at your appt!!

34. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@abmamma: @getjazzy: @LauraBear: thanks!

35. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@aprild: thanks! I have my 38 week check-up tomorrow so hopefully she'll check me and see if I am effaced/dilated at all. Also, what did you end up deciding about your brother-in-law's wedding? My situation ended up becoming super dramatic cause brother-in-law called off the wedding last week. I feel sorry for them both and hope they can be happy. They're both 32 and have been dating on and off for five years with multiple break-ups so no one is THAT surprised. But it is still really sad obviously. We had just booked our hotel rooms and made the decision to make it work, but I am a horrible person and am secretly relieved I don't have to make the trip to this secluded island with a newborn. I feel bad about being secretly relieved but better to back out now than get divorced some day!

36. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: happy due date!!

37. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk good luck at your appt!!!

I had my 38 week appt this morning, I am 1-2cm dilated, 80% effaced, she said baby's head is "super low". Which all means... pretty much nothing, I guess! She did say she thinks everything looks very favorable once I actually go into labor - she said being so effaced already is a great sign and will speed things up considerably.

38. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@LauraBear: that's too bad about them calling off the wedding, but I can understand your relief about not having to go. I'm still undecided about what I'll do. My baby is actually pretty easy so far, but my toddler is twice as hard as he used to be! He doesn't seem to be adjusting well at this point.

@MrsADS: being that effaced seems like a good sign! Hopefully baby comes quickly!

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Ok, 40 wk appt today and I am 2 cm dilated, 75% effaced! I know it doesn't mean baby will be here soon but I'm very happy that I've made some progress all on my own!!

40. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: That's awesome news!! Go cervix!

My pre op appointment was good. They just did blood pressure, listening to the baby's heartbeat for a few minutes, took blood and filled out paperwork basically. I report tomorrow morning at 5:30am and surgery is scheduled for 7:30am. I'm nervous, mostly about how I might feel during the surgery (nauseous and stuff, I have a paranoia of vomiting) but I think I'm finally ok with it and actually kind of excited about it. I'm excited to finally meet baby, I'm happy that everything will kind of be in a controlled setting and just feeling generally more at ease with it since I've had a c-section before, I know what to expect from the recovery.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee