Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@MrsStar: yes, the hangover! That's what my morning sickness is! I felt sort of "off" and it's almost like I have a stomach ache, and I keep thinking eating will make me feel better. I feel better during the actual act of eating, and then bad again immediately after.

2. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

EDD: 8/3/15

How far along: 5 weeks

First child? no, i have a 22 month old

First doctor appointment: I've already had three betas. IUI baby. Ultrasound at the fertility clinic on December 9th.

Any symptoms so far? Extreme tiredness, some nausea.

Who have you told?

3. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Anyone else surprised by their SO's reactions? DH is suddenly way more into things than I expected. With previous pregnancies he was pretty meh. Happy, but not all that into it or anything. This time he's already painted the nursery (we got it ready to paint right before losing R, and then I avoided the room so it never got done) and is talking about getting all the bedding and stuff down when we put the Christmas stuff back up in the attic. I dunno, I guess I expected him to go the opposite way, be less into it out of fear of things going badly again. It's weird. Good weird, but weird.

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Anyone have an appt soon? Mine is next week Monday. Hopefully, they'll do a dating scan so I know an EDD!

5. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. J: My dating scan is the 17th, so a little over 2 weeks! Hope your appointment goes well!

6. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Torchwood: I've been a bit surprised by dh! He's already talking baby names, and wants to pull the infant capsule down from where it's stored to make sure it hasn't expired (which I'm sure it's not!)
    But he was sick yesterday (food poisoning I think) and he was turning it into a competition of who felt worse. Haha.

7. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. J: My doctor gave me a form to book an ultrasound but I don't know when to book it! He said early this week but I was thinking of doing it at the end of next week so I'm closer to 7 weeks. Any one have any advice?

8. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsStar: Okay, what's an infant capsule? I'm picturing some kind of weird pill, which I'm pretty sure is not what you mean.

And ooh, that's both sucky and pretty amusing.

9. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsStar: I always figure the later the better. We saw SO much more on our ultrasound at 10 weeks than the one we had at around 7. Plus, if it's later there's no risk of no heartbeat just because it's too early. That being said, mine's at like 6.5 weeks and that's slightly later than the midwife originally said, because I wanted to be sure there was a heartbeat.

And now I really need to get off of HB and go clean the house.

10. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Torchwood: Haha I was totally trying to mesh two different names of it together! You guys call them infant carriers (I'm pretty sure!) and we call them baby capsules. Some how I got infant capsule together. My brain is fried.

11. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Torchwood: With Lo i had one at 7 weeks 3 days (because I had no idea of my dates) so I'm thinking I'll do it at the end of next week if I can get an appointment!

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: Mine is the 23rd! I should be about 7.5 weeks.

13. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. J: I have an appointment tomorrow, but it's just to tour a birth center. There is a CNM here who runs an independent birth center and she takes VBAC patients. I'm hoping she will tell me that I'm a candidate for VBAC, if so we will then need to see if our insurance will cover it. If so I'll probably make an appt for around 8 weeks. If it won't, I'll be calling an OB who does VBACs.

14. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Torchwood: It took my DH pretty much the whole weekend to sink in. At first he was thinking it could be a false positive. Then he researched pregnancy tests, after I told him false positives are unlikely. I hope he gets excited by the time I want to get our nursery ready.

I have an appointment tomorrow evening with my GP to confirm. I don't have an OBGYN and as this is my first time for this I am kind of clueless. I really hope she points me on the right direction.

15. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Hi bees! Can't believe this is finally happening!

EDD: August 12th

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: No idea yet but I assume beginning of January?

Any symptoms so far? I gave up symptom spotting long ago, but 2 things did make me wonder during thr tww: Random mild cramping, and random little heart flutters.

Who have you told? Only the hubs. I think we will wait to tell the parents over Xmas, although it's kind of killing me already to keep it from my mom. When do ppl start telling best friends?

16. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: Congrats! And I told my best friend before I told DH! But that's because I wanted a dark enough line that he'd actually be able to see it so he would believe me.

17. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@buttermilk: Congrats! It's good to have another first timer on here! We are planning on telling our families and best friends at Christmas time.

18. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: congrats!!! I told a HBer from my last due date group before DH because he was still asleep and I was already messaging her haha. Then I told my BFF the next day!

19. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: congrats! I told DH,my BFF, our parents/siblings and our due date group from before like @lilteacherbee (we are due date buddies again!)

20. Goldy

apple seed / 1 posts

Hi everyone! So glad to be a part of this group!

EDD: August 1

How far along: 5w2d

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: Not sure. I'm going to my PCP today to take their pregnancy test and will get transferred to OB after that. (Military healthcare in all its glory!)

Any symptoms so far? Constipation with a capital C and some cramping and mild nausea.

Who have you told? Parents, grandparents, siblings, and one set of cousins. Our family is spread all over the country and we only get together 1x/year at Thanksgiving. So even though it was super early, I couldn't resist being able to tell them in person!

21. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Who will find out sex? Team green?

We will be TG again! It was so fun with DS.

Also, anyone still in disbelief? Part of me cannot belief this is real!

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Goldy: Congrats and welcome!!

@Mrs. J: oh, I will def find out!! I'm hoping to be given the option of MaterniT21 again, so I'll find out around 13 weeks! And yes, I'm still shocked and it doesn't feel real yet. I've only said "I'm pregnant" out loud a couple times and it feels sooo weird!

23. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Congrats to all of the August mamas!

I just had to jump in because a few of my fellow November 2013 mamas are here and say congratulations!

@Mrs. J: Congratulations!!! So thrilled for you!

@lilteacherbee: Yes, I'm due in July. So happy to be close to you guys in this journey again!

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@sweetooth: thanks! Congrats again to you too! So exciting for all of us Nov mamas

25. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. J: part of me would like to be team green, but I don't think I can be patient!

26. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. J: I had considered been team green this time but we loved knowing at 20 weeks last time so will do the same again, I'm not patient enough!

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: I think we will most likely find out the sex, at least I want to! And sooo doesn't feel real. I don't feel very pregnant, but keep looking at this little stick that tells me I am. It must be a bit of torture this first month until you feel some symptoms or have your first doc appt right? Do other ppl keep taking pg tests every now and then to make sure they're still preggers bc I'm def considering it!

28. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: I took another one yesterday! Last time, I stopped after my BFP. I don't think I really stopped worrying even after I heard his heartbeat or saw him...not reassuring, I know, but I think I just started being a mom right away! You never stop worrying about your kids!

29. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: I did that with my first! I took two this time, one dollar store test and one digital to show my husband.

30. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: Ha ha, I'm definitely still taking them. I'm trying to space them out at least a couple days though, so there's not much chance they won't get darker (closer together would mean more risk of normal variation from things like pee concentration being an issue). I need to stop{ But I only have a few left, so I'll quit once they're gone. I admit, I did waste the money on some more FRER's yesterday though. They're just so much more satisfying to use than the cheapies.

@Mrs. J: We'll definitely be finding out. We were TG last time up until the anatomy scan showed there was something wrong. It was fun, but I was also surprised what a difference knowing she was a girl made in how attached I felt. This time I'm thinking I just need time to process whatever this one is. I don't even know how I feel about it either. I mean, it'd be nice to have a girl since that's what we got all excited about before, but it would also be nice for this pregnancy to be as different as possible from the last one. Actually, since we might do some genetic screening this time, we might specifically choose one that would let us find out the sex.

@Goldy: I've been meaning to mention on here- I've read that magnesium can prevent morning sickness. No idea if it's true, but I've been taking it for years and never had any significant nausea with any of my pregnancies. And more importantly, it helps with preventing constipation (which is why I take it). My midwife was very glad to hear I'm already taking it for that reason. Also, on my last due date board, several bees mentioned that when they got more constipated the morning sickness got worse. So all that to say, you might try taking magnesium. It's cheap, and it might help you feel better.

I'm writing way too much here, but one last thing. DH is continuing with this getting way more into things than I expected. We had a cruise booked in May, but I'll be too far along by then (you can't be past 23 weeks). I said we should wait to reschedule until at least after the first ultrasound, since there's no point in bothering if things don't work out. He's already found a new one in April and called and changed our booking and everything. He is just really taking this thing seriously this time{

(This exclamation mark not working thing is driving me bonkers. Pretend there are plenty in this.)

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: haha I took a ton of tests from 9-15 dpo. I had just bought lots of wondfos and FRERs so I figured I might as well use them (and I can't help myself). They're all lined up on my bathroom counter. DH thinks I'm crazy. I'll add a pic later when I get home

32. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@lilteacherbee: What's with the not throwing them away? I'm totally doing that too, and DH is not happy{ He doesn't think things I've peed on should be kept.

33. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Oh, one more thing and then I swear I'll shut up. I did not reckon on the effect of getting pregnant again only 4 months postpartum. I've lost the weight, but still have the sort of pooch where the muscles didn't recover. Throw in some early pregnancy bloating, change my posture a little, and voila, I could pass for being at least 4 months. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

34. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: I only have 3 tests left, so I'm gonna have to space them out for sure! I bet that officially missing my period, due on Thursday, will help it feel more real. And lol about your quasi-bump. SO cute how excited your hubs is! It's so sweet to feel so taken cafe of.

I work early am hours and have a bad habit of skipping breakfast if I'm in a rush or we ran out of eggs, so today DH came home with the most breakfast food ever, tons of fruit and the hugest bag of oranges I've ever seen. It was so cute!

@lilteacherbee: I keep all my pee sticks too lol! What's wrong with us!?

35. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Mrs. J: We're planning on team green, even though DH would rather find out. It doesn't feel real for me as well. Hopefully once the pregnancy symptoms kick in!

@Torchwood: That was soo sweet of your DH!

@lilteacherbee: I've kept almost all of mine as well.

I saw my GP to confirm today. I'm a little nervous about a CP because the cheapie stick I took this morning was a little lighter than the one to took two days ago. And I've also felt completely not pregnant today, which doesn't really help. I got a blood test done, so at least if my numbers are low they'll let me know. But I have no real reason to suspect a CP except for those two signs. I'll use my last FRER tomorrow, and hopefully those lines will be nice and dark.

I have my first prenatal appointment on the 30th, and my doctor said I could continue seeing her for the entire pregnancy. I kind of like not having to deal with finding another doctor.

36. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

anyone else been experiencing light cramping? I have no spotting whatsoever, but have had light cramps that last a couple minutes or so for several days now and they seem to be getting more frequent. I woke up last night with the cramping and got so nervous bc my periods always start with middle of the night cramps, but I went to the bathroom and was fine. The cramps are light and I can sleep through them but they are def there! I'm sure it's probably normal right, stretching uterus? FX!

37. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

Sooo... I'd like to join, as for now I'm pregnant.
    I have had strong bleeding the whole last week and my ob told me I'm miscarrying. BUT my # are doubling nicely (every 30 hours), the bleeding stopped and you can see a small dot on an u/s. Right now the ob believes it's either ectopic or it used to be a twin pregnancy and I miscarried one. I don't know what to believe, but my numbers are good and at least right now I'm pregnant.

EDD: no idea (online calculator said 8/8)

How far along:I don't know, but my ob keeps insisting I'm miscarrying and that I'm at least 6 weeks but I think 4w4d

First child? no. DS is 10 month old.

First doctor appointment :I see my ob at least twice a week for blood work right now. She wants to do an u/s at the end of next week to see if I'm right about the dates and if this pregnancy is viable.

Any symptoms so far? Non. My bleeding stopped, so that's a good thing. I had no symptoms with DS pregnancy until 6 weeks when HG hit me and I through up several times a day till about 30 weeks.

Who have you told? DH and my parents (when I was told I'm miscarrying.) And a good friend at my birthday party (and she then told me she's 6 weeks)

38. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Ugggghhhh. Hello nausea my old friend.

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@lil owl: So happy you're here!! I've been thinking of you and hoping to hear a positive update. Though your OB still makes me mad! I know it's not really my problem but she handled everything so badly! But yay for things looking good now!

@buttermilk: Oh yeah, light cramping is totally normal. That's actually the thing that convinced me I was pregnant before I got my BFP this time. I was having minor cramping, and had dismissed it as normal, but then I realized I hadn't had PMS cramping since before my first pregnancy. I kind of like it now, cause on days when I don't feel really symptomatic I still have the mild cramps to remind me I really am pregnant!

40. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Due Date:
    So happy to join this group! Just got my BFP today!

EDD: 08/14/2015

How far along: 4 weeks (barely)

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: not yet!

Any symptoms so far? Not really, other than some weird boob pain and cramping.

Who have you told? My husband!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee