Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. MrsSK

pea / 21 posts

Hi there! I just found these boards when I was looking for some advice on a sleep problem that we have started to experience! I'm so happy to see that there is an August board. Hoping it is ok if I join a bit late.

A bit about us - My baby was born 2 months early (born the end of June and I was due end of August) so developmentally he is around where your babes are. We spent 5 weeks in the NICU before going home in early August and he is doing great now!

2. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: did she say 3oz was average feeding for this age or for supplementing? Curious because my guy is taking down 6-7oz of breastmilk every feeding no problem (I EP so I know how much). And he's not huge (we have his 4 month appt in 2 weeks so not sure exactly how big).

3. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MrsSK: welcome!

4. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@abmamma wow that's a lot of BM! How often does he eat? Do you know how many oz in 24 hours? There is a good Kelly mom article on oz of BM per day but I'm on my phone, maybe someone can find it. But, if your son is doing well that's all that matters!

I usually nurse but have to do pumped bottles occasionally. Had to do almost exclusively bottles this past wknd because I accidentally ate dairy and it made him really sick (so I fed him from freezer stash non dairy milk). Anyway, he'd usually take 3 to 4 oz per feeding, every 2 to 2.5 hrs during the day. We're also obsessive about paced feeding with bottles though, so 3 to 4 oz will take 15 to 20 minutes. If I gave the bottle faster he would drink more.

5. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Omg. E's naps were complete crap today. The longest was 46 minutes. She wouldn't nap in her car seat at the gym (usually she will) so I had to quit my workout early to come get her. And all subsequent naps sucked. And she got over tired tonight and fought bedtime (im solo parenting so she had to join in on 3yo bedtime). I'm sure it's just a blip (please God) but I have to figure out a time/way for it to work at the gym. That's my me time and makes me a much better parent.

6. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@ohcaptain no advice just commiseration, I have the king of the crap nap club here! He gets so overtired and then cries and cries. Super fun...

7. MrsSK

pea / 21 posts

@MrsADS: just wanted to say that I had the exact same thing happen in early October and it sucked. B would cry, scream, spit milk, kick and hit when I tried to feed him but would take the bottle quite happily. I honestly though we were done with BF.

Anyway, I talked to both a public health nurse and a LC and both thought it wa dude to an over active letdown. I had a major oversupply and had been gradually trying to reduce the number of pump sessions I was doing. Things they suggested were to lean back when I nurse, change positions (this was a no go for us but they mentioned side lying and football), and pumping a bit off before your early morning feed when my supply was at the highest (I believe this helped).

I am by no means an expert, but this was my experience. The whole "phase" lasted a week and a half to two weeks, then he started hating the bottle and loving the boob. Now he's back to being fine but it was so weird and so so upsetting. Good luck!

8. MrsSK

pea / 21 posts

@abmamma: thank you!

9. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsSK: welcome!

10. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@abmamma: it was 2-4 oz breastmilk per feed total... No supplement. During my weighted feed I transferred 2.3 oz on the first side, then brought it up to 3.1 oz total on the other side, no additional let down. bottle babies take more because it's easier to transfer, but they don't NEED all that milk/formula. Paced feeding and only using a newborn flow nipple were recommended to the group. But everyone's babies are different, and you need to do what works for you!

11. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@MrsSK: Welcome!

Ladies, who wants to do a Q&A? I love reading these things and it's been a while! I don't know if there is usually a format for them but I just made up some questions

Baby
    How old is your LO?
    Weight:
    Height:
    Most recent milestone:
    What is LO working on now?
    What does your schedule look like?
    Favourite toys?
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does:
    LO's personality right now:

You
    Are you recovered from birth?
    How is your postpartum body?
    How are you feeling mentally?
    Are you back at work?
    Are you getting any me time?
    What are you looking forward to in the near future?

Baby
    How old is your LO? 3 months and 9 days
    Weight: 6.75kg last Thursday (75%)
    Height 63cm (75%)
    Most recent milestone: he rolled from tummy to back last week!
    What is LO working on now? He seems like he really wants to sit up but is still unsteady. He can sit with assistance though.
    What does your schedule look like?
    Wake 6-7am then follow a (very) rough 4 hour EASY, which includes 2-3 x 45 minute naps and 1 x 1.5 hour nap a day. Bedtime is anywhere between 7pm and 9pm, and it takes him anywhere from 15 minutes to 1.5 hours to fall asleep.
    Favourite toys? He loves this toy bunny with long skinny ears that he can grab and stuff in his mouth!
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does: if I look at him and make baby noises he will talk back to me. Also, if I give him a kiss on the cheek he grins, then I put my face near his and he opens his mouth really wide like he wants to give me a kiss back!
    LO's personality right now: he's pretty happy, such a charmer of the old ladies out in public! He loves looking outside at grass and trees and is super curious in general. Hates to be cradled unless he's already half asleep because he's too busy looking at the world! If you follow baby whisperer, he's spirited/textbook.

You
    Are you recovered from birth? Yes, my incision looks really neat and is fading well. I feel very physically capable and my abs have come back together well, considering I had quite a large separation.
    How is your postpartum body? I am just starting to lose my hair! I still have a bit of extra weight around my midsection but I fit into my (stretchy) pre-pregnancy jeans so I don't really care. Also I can fit my wedding ring back on most days now, which I couldn't do for a while.
    How are you feeling mentally? I'm a lot more settled into motherhood now, although I sometimes still get really frustrated when he won't sleep and I have no time to do anything. It's up and down, although mostly up.
    Are you back at work? No, I head back in July next year. I'm enjoying maternity leave, but I think I'll like being back at work eventually as well. I am apprehensive about balancing work and motherhood, as I have a lot of homework as a teacher.
    Are you getting any me time? Not really. I've left C with DH I think twice? We discussed me joining the gym and having a regular session each week where I leave C with DH and then go to the gym and out for a coffee with friends, just for my mental health.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? My family is visiting from interstate for Christmas and I can't wait for my brother to meet his nephew! Also for my Dad to see how much he has grown.

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Fun!

Baby
    How old is your LO? 4 months on Friday

Weight: About 15lbs

Height: About 24"

Most recent milestone: Belly laughs!

What is LO working on now? He's been rolling belly to back for awhile, but now he's working on back to belly.

What does your schedule look like? Wakes between 8-9am, nurses every 3ish hours, awake time is 1.5-2 hours (3-4 naps), bed around 9pm. Usually wakes once overnight to nurse around 5am.

Favourite toys? Hanging toys on his bouncer

Something cute/funny/different your LO does: Watches his big bro all the time. Their relationship at this age (LO1 just turned 2) makes me so excited for the future

LO's personality right now: Such a happy little guy (most of the time!), curious and sometimes super serious

You
    Are you recovered from birth? Yes. I do have some numbness still from my incision, but overall, no issues.

How is your postpartum body? About 3 lbs over pre-preg weight. I need to start working out again, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

How are you feeling mentally? Great! Muchhh better than after LO1 (I began taking my anxiety meds before delivery this time to ahead of any issues)

Are you back at work? Not at the same job. I left teaching to start my own professional photography business. So I'm working PT right now.

Are you getting any me time? Because my kiddos sleep until 8 am on a normal day, I stay up late-ish and get some me time in. Also, my mom takes my toddler a couple days a week so I can work during the baby's naps.

What are you looking forward to in the near future? Christmas! Its my favorite time of year!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsSK: Welcome!

14. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MrsADS: @Mrs.Microscope: he eats every 3 or so hours. And he generally takes 15-20 minutes for each bottle and we use a slow flow nipple. We stop to burp every 1-2 ounces as well. He must just need more as he was taking down close to 3 oz in the early days and not gaining weight too well. Interesting! Every baby is so different.

15. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Baby
    How old is your LO? 3.5 months
    Weight: as of a few weeks ago he was in the 13 lb range but I haven't tried weighing hm recently (and we have 2 weeks until his 4 month appointment)
    Height: looooong he was 23.5 inches at his 2 month appointment
    Most recent milestone: awesome neck strength, adorable giggles
    What is LO working on now? Rolling
    What does your schedule look like? He usually wakes up around 7 for the day. Eats every 3 or so hours during the day. Wake time is around 1.5-2 hours. Naps are still really variable anywhere from 45 mins to the occasional 2-3 hour nap. He usually goes down for his long stretch around 6:30-7. We do a dream feed before bed and he wakes up once at night to eat, usually around 3am.
    Favourite toys? Activity mat
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does: he coos constantly - sometimes in his sleep!
    LO's personality right now: he is such a sweet guy. Very happy.

You
    Are you recovered from birth? Yep
    How is your postpartum body? Ok- aside from the enormous boobs, pretty much back to normal. I'm even a few pounds below pre-preggo (although was not at my pref weight then so would still like to lose a few more). Major hair loss right now!
    How are you feeling mentally? Good- would love some more sleep but generally feeling pretty good about things (most days).
    Are you back at work? Yes as of Tuesday
    Are you getting any me time? Not a ton- definitely harder this time with 2 kids. And work doesn't count!
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? Maybe STTN? Having N on a more set schedule that we can plan around. Seeing the relationship between my two kids grow!

16. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I can't keep doing this. She is an angel in the day and a devil at night. She got an extra like 6 oz of formula yesterday evening but it was just more of the same. 8-1, 1:30-3:30, 4:30-5 and then we couldn't get her back down. What am I doing wrong? I'm going crazy.

17. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: hang in there! Sometimes you just have to ride these sleep regressions out. It probably isn't anything you are doing/not doing. It's likely a developmental thing and eventually she will go back to sleeping great. Hugs!

18. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: uuigggghhhhh. Mine was not an angel day or night (sleep wise) dear regression, stop.

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: Hang in there. This sleep stuff is tough, but it's usually developmental. Mine usually wakes once during the night, but for the past week, he's been up at least 3 times (last night was 4...). We went through the same thing with my first LO and eventually, he went back to normal.

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@lilteacherbee: @OhCaptain: @abmamma: I know that's what everyone says but rly rly you promise? I'm not doing everything wrong and she is getting plenty of milk and it rly is just developmental and what they just stop one day?

🙏🙏🙏🙏

21. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: nope, it's not you. And unfortunately, you very well could encounter many weird and annoying sleep phases...even into toddlerhood.

22. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: P was the same way, and it magically fixed this weekend, at 17 weeks. Hang in there!

Also, maybe the BW method isn't going to work... We are planning to try Ferber in January to reduce overnight wake ups.

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Fun! Its been awhile since we all did one of these!

Baby
    How old is your LO? 4 months, 2 days

Weight: 11lbs, 14oz at exactly 4 months, 8%
    Height: 23.5 inches, 13%

Most recent milestone: Finding her feet, and all of a sudden noticing the cats!

What is LO working on now? Rolling! She's almost there!

What does your schedule look like? Wake up about 8-9, nap at 10:30 for 1 hour, nap at 1 for 1 hour, nap at 3 for 1-3 hours. Bed at 8pm.

Favourite toys? Oball! She loves to lick it! Also, her Freddy Firefly

Something cute/funny/different your LO does: Milk face before she gets fed and she sees my boob. Also does a great pirate face when she doesn't like something!

LO's personality right now: Very snuggly and smiley. Very curious, and she gets bored easily and wants new stimulation

You
    Are you recovered from birth? Yup! I have some hemorrhoid flare ups from time to time, ugh, but thats it

How is your postpartum body? Mushy in the middle. Need to tone it up and lose a bit of midsection fat!

How are you feeling mentally? Pretty good! less weepy than the first 2 weeks, and most days I feel like super mom.

Are you back at work? Not until February, and then I can take her 2x week.

Are you getting any me time? Yes, but not too often. I need to get back to the gym, DH wants me to have some time and that is my chosen activity. Hopefully Tuesday/Thursdays in the evening

What are you looking forward to in the near future? Chirstmas and some mountain weekend trips! Snowman building and cute photos!

24. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

I've been really MIA so happy to catch up with everyone this way!

Baby
    How old is your LO? 14 weeks as of yesterday
    Weight: 12lbs 11oz at 2 month appt.; weighed at home with just normal scale shows 14lbs 8oz
    Height: 23.5in at 2 month appt.
    Most recent milestone: Rolled over tummy to back last week! Started sucking thumb to put himself to sleep in the crib this week. He is the cutest thumbsucker. He has also been cooing a lot and almost singing sometimes. So adorable.
    What is LO working on now? Sleeping in the crib; Rolling over
    What does your schedule look like? I went back to work last week to try to ease into it with the Thanksgiving holiday week. Mac wakes up around 6am, leaves for daycare with DH at 7:30, I visit him at lunch to nurse, he gets home at 5:30 with DH, we nurse and then start bedtime routine at 6:30, sleep at 7pm, nurses at midnight and 3am or so.
    Favourite toys? His thumb! And loves his hands still. Stares at them a lot.
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does: Loves to suck on his thumb, fingers, fist. Tries to get both fists in his mouth at the same time and sometimes succeeds.
    LO's personality right now: Happy, chill baby for the most part. Only cries if he is tired or hungry. Hasn't laughed yet but gives DH and I big smiles. Love him to pieces.

You
    Are you recovered from birth? Yep, for the most part. Have had sex twice now and second time was better than the first. Still not much of a sex drive, though. Just feel kind of bad for DH
    How is your postpartum body? It's ok. I'm still 10lbs over PP weight and can't fit into most of my work pants so am wearing lots of leggings. Hope to get a workout schedule in here soon!
    How are you feeling mentally? Pretty exhausted. I do an MBA program in the evenings and I am crazy and didn't take off any time when I had DS. He was a chill baby so it wasn't too bad but going back to work and maintaining school has been hard. Last class of the quarter is tonight and I am so done! I didn't have class last night and went to bed at 8:15.
    Are you back at work? Yep!
    Are you getting any me time? I guess so - my job is chill so I have some me time that way and I have class twice a week so that is sort of me time. I have gone out with friends a few times but is kind of a pain because I have to pump when I do that, which is hard now that I am back to work and pumping so much.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? Being done with my MBA in June! I am worried about my winter quarter classes. Nursing has been going well, and I am trying to be thankful for that. But the two days a week I have class is hard on Mac and me - I try to visit daycare twice that day so we can nurse and don't have to rely on pumping and bottles.

Here's 2 photos from Mac at 3 months!

25. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Baby
    How old is your LO? Just turned 4 months
    Weight: I find out next week at her 4 month check up
    Height: ^^
    Most recent milestone:Sitting by herself! (only for about 10 seconds so far)
    What is LO working on now? Scooting backwards
    What does your schedule look like? Basically follow toddlers schedule with a few naps in there somewhere
    Favourite toys? She loves her tiger toy that scrunches, purrs and has a teething ring on it - she has it in her mouth a lot.
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does: I ask "do you want boobie" when she's hungry and she smiles widely and tries to latch through my shirt
    LO's personality right now: So easy going and smiley. She absolutely adores her big sister and definitely wants to be in among the activity, not sitting on the side lines.
    You
    Are you recovered from birth? Yep, even dtd feels back to normal (it took until at least 6 months with dd1 for dtd not to hurt)
    How is your postpartum body? I'm pretty much back to normal, but with added stretch marks. I needed to lose a bit of weight before being pregnant so I still need to do that now. Breastfeeding makes me super hungry and exercise isn't my top priority at the moment.
    How are you feeling mentally? Pretty good, some days are hard juggling two kids but I know I have 2 pretty easy going kids so I'm very lucky.
    Are you back at work? I'm a SAHM
    Are you getting any me time? Not really. Having a shower without an audience is a luxury these days.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? Christmas. My 3 year old understands so much more this year, so having her be excited for Christmas definitely makes me more excited. Plus there's the added bonus of not having morning sickness on Christmas day this year which means I'll be able to stuff my face (and which is partly why I'm not losing weight ha)

26. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Baby
    How old is your LO? 17 weeks
    Weight: probably 14/15lbs? We go on Tues
    Height: he was 23.75 at 2 months
    Most recent milestone: turning his head to people talking
    What is LO working on now? Rolling and trying to sit up
    What does your schedule look like? He wakes once or twice over night. We feed last the morning around 530, and he wakes for the day around 730. Still working on a nap schedule and napping in the crib. For me, he eats every 2-3 hours. He still doesn't really care for bottles and it takes him forever and usually doesn't take a ton while i am gone. Bedtime is 8-9.
    Favourite toys? An elephant rattle lovey
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does:
    LO's personality right now: whenever I come to get him from the crib he smiles the biggest smile.
    You
    How is your postpartum body? Still 4-5lbs to go, I think. Very squishy middle and the constipation is real y'all.
    How are you feeling mentally? I was good until I went back to work 1.5 months ago. Now I think baby blues are hitting. I am very overwhelmed.
    Are you back at work? Yes. Being a FT high
    School English teacher and having two littles is just so much.
    Are you getting any me time? No, which is part of my baby blues.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? Finding time to work out again

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Last night was better. She slept 8-1 and then woke up again at 4 at which point I brought her into bed to nurse and then she slept with us til 6am when we woke her. Much better than fighting her fitful sleep between 3-6am!

28. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Baby
    How old is your LO? 16 weeks
    Weight: not sure! I'm sure she's over 12 tho
    Height: ped appointment soon
    Most recent milestone: Holding onto toys!
    What is LO working on now? Rolling over, she has only done it a couple random times
    What does your schedule look like? I nurse at 6am and leave for work. DH watches her til 10 and the she is at an in home daycare til 3 when I pick her up. In bed 7:30-8. She naps very well!
    Favourite toys? Sophie the giraffe, and a couple owl toys. She likes the O Ball I got her too!
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does: opens her mouth real wide when I lean in for a kiss! And she sings back to me sometimes. Loves music!
    LO's personality right now: so happy and chill! She is a great baby loves Sesame Street!!
    You
    How is your postpartum body? Ugh idk I feel gross but hoping working now will help things out. I still have lots of weight to lose I'm sure. Haven't checked lately!
    How are you feeling mentally? Sad that I can't be with her full time but I do like getting out of the house and doing something else. Sleep deprivation is catching up.
    Are you back at work? Yep 1 week in!
    Are you getting any me time? Nooo. I have like an hour at the end of the night before I need to get in bed and pump one last time before sleep.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? Working out! And Christmas although it's gonna be a lean one bc of my unpaid leave.

29. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk sooo glad you got some sleep!!

I will come back to do the questionnaire... just venting. The past few days M has been so cranky and fighting sleep. He's EXHAUSTED by 6:30 and often I will put him down and he'll be sleeping hard only to wake up 10-20 minutes later and then he just cries and cries... for hours. Like the past few nights he hasn't gone to sleep until 10:30-10:45. He's spitting up/vomiting a lot, crying like he's in pain/grunting, no fever, so I am guessing it's just bad reflux? Which he's always had but it seems weird it's suddenly a lot worse at night. DH and I are exhausted from these 3 hour crying spells. And M is so, so tired from not sleeping that now during the day he's pretty much fussy/crying from being overtired all day. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I am back with a newborn. Once he goes to sleep, he is sleeping ok - last night he slept 10:45 - 5:45 which was great! But he won't go back to sleep, and ever since then has slept maybe 30 or 45 minutes total? So he's a WRECK right now from being so tired.

30. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Baby
    How old is your LO? 14.5 wks
    Weight: not sure exactly, but was 13 lb 5 oz almost 2 wks ago, so I'd guess maybe 14 lb now?
    Height: 25 inches as of 2 wks ago. He's really getting long
    Most recent milestone: Started rolling belly to back a couple wks ago. Now getting really into holding things! Burp cloths, blankets, toys with an iron grip!
    What is LO working on now? Not sure...
    What does your schedule look like? Wakes up every day about 6-6:30am no matter when he goes to sleep. Usually wakes up 1-2x to nurse but wake ups are long (at least an hour). Bedtime still pretty inconsistent (see my last post) - I feel like if he wasn't fighting reflux, we could get him down pretty early. With getting up during the night, pumping, etc. I'm usually getting 5-6 hrs of sleep a night. Not enough, I feel so chronically exhausted.
    Favourite toys? Loves his Kick & Play piano playmat. And any mirrors where he can see himself!
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does: smiles like crazy at himself in the mirror. Loves when I tickle his face, especially with my hair.
    LO's personality right now: unfortunately kind of cranky I don't think he's cranky by nature, but he suffers with a lot of GI issues and he's uncomfortable/hurting/tired a lot so he's not a super happy guy right now.
    You
    Are you recovered from birth? Pretty much but still have a bit of tenderness around my episiotomy/labial adhesion - only tried DTD twice and had to stop both times, pretty uncomfortable. Otherwise just day to day I feel fine.
    How is your postpartum body? About 8-10 lb over prepreg weight but really blobby especially around the middle. Can't really wear my old clothes, just ordered some cheap stuff to have for going back to work. Not really working out any, which would probably help, but see above re: handling cranky baby all day - not happening.
    How are you feeling mentally? Ehh, so-so. I usually have a crying breakdown every night during M's crying/bad reflux spells. Just get depressed and overwhelmed with how much he is struggling. I am really tired too which doesn't help. And I'm on a very strict elimination diet for M's reflux, and it seems like sometimes still I eat stuff that makes him so sick, and I feel guilty and it's very frustrating (and so hard to eat like this).
    Are you back at work? Not yet, go back Jan 4. It will be good to have "adult time" but I'm going to be gone 10 hours a day which is horrible. And I am not sure how I'll do it on so little sleep.
    Are you getting any me time? Not really. Usually on Saturdays I go to Target or the grocery store while DH watches M, so that's nice.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? Going home for Christmas (Tennessee) - my mom is such a big help with the baby, it will be so nice. Looking forward to M getting bigger and hopefully some of his reflux/mspi (well, his is more than just milk and soy) symptoms getting better.

31. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: rough evening! That's awesome he slept a 7 hour stretch though!! Where in TN are you from? We were just there! My family is in Knoxville.

R was ok last night too. She still wakes up often but it's been easier to get her back down right after nursing which makes a HUGE difference.

32. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk wow small world! I grew up in Knoxville, family still there Are you from there?

I think M's past few bad days may be from gluten. I had reintroduced a little and he seemed ok.... so Wednesday I went to Trader Joe's and went shopping, and I bought a lot of snacky stuff - cookies, pretzels, (wheat) bread... and I've been eating a ton of it the last few days. I am thinking that might be the cause.

Going to give him pumped frozen milk from pre-gluten eating and see if it helps. BUMMER!

I also finally got my paperwork and blood test done so I can donate to the mother's milk bank. I can't wait to clean out my deep freezer! (I have a big upright deep freezer the size of a refrigerator and it's 3/4 full of milk - ridiculous...)

33. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

Loving reading everyone's updates, and seeing those cute pics!

@MrsADS: so awesome you are donating, some mamas out there are going to be so grateful

So yesterday I literally covered the arch window in our room with aluminum foil and today I taped blackout fabric to the other two windows. So far we were able to get C down for bed earlier but still waiting to see if any change to naps. I totally recommend foiling any annoying windows!

34. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: yes! I grew up in Harrogate actually bt we were in Knoxville practically every weekend and my mom moved there years ago so now we just go straight there when visiting! that sucks about gluten! I bet you can't wait to wean!!

R is getting SUPER distracted during nursing sessions which is fun 😑 I have a hard time keeping her focused on the boob and between that and going back to work, I'm worried it's hurting my supply! Also we have had 3 days now of her giving us slightly longer stretches of sleep throughout the night so I am hoping we are making progress in this sleep regression!

35. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk wow small world! Ok, next time you're in Knoxville wall me because we go pretty often, if we overlap we should meet up.

36. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Since I've been MIA, I am really liking these!!

Baby
    How old is your LO? 4 months this Thursday
    Weight: Between 13-14 lbs, I think.
    Height: No clue. Ped appt tomorrow!
    Most recent milestone: Bearing weight on legs when held standing, turning head for voices
    What is LO working on now? Laughing and rolling. She has done back to belly a few random times, but still gets stuck on that pesky arm!!
    What does your schedule look like? She gets up at about 1 or 2 in the morning for a bottle then sleeps again until 5:30 and then gets bottles every three hours. Napping is sporadic because of daycare
    Favourite toys? Rattles, activity mat, Soothe and Glow Giraffe
    Something cute/funny/different your LO does: She gets the biggest smiles ever when she is put in her car seat. She loves going places.
    LO's personality right now: Social butterfly.

You
    Are you recovered from birth? Physically, yes.
    How is your postpartum body? My waist is back to normal somehow, but I'm still up between five and seven pounds, all of which is in my hips and thighs.
    How are you feeling mentally? Better than I was. Zoloft has been a Godsend.
    Are you back at work? Yes, for 11 weeks now.
    Are you getting any me time? I go out for trivia every other week and every weeknight I get a little bit of time when C has fallen asleep.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? I had been looking forward to our first day trip with C, but we took that yesterday. Two and a half hours in the car each way, she did awesome!!

37. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: I will!!

38. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Sleep is back to total crap. 3 hour stretch, then fussing NO MATTER WHAT. FOR HOURS. Only cure is to attach her to my boob... so we've been co-sleeping, but I am uncomfortable in that position, but if I unlatch her, fussing, then crying. UGH. Sleep training starts New Years eve, as DH will be home for 4 days, and we can nap during the day. It can't come soon enough!

39. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: We're in the same boat. I think it's because she's working on so many skills at the moment (sitting, scooting backwards etc) I've managed to get a 2 hour block of her sleeping in her crib at the start of the night but then she sleeps with me because she refuses to go back in her crib! I'm definitely in survival mode over here and praying it doesn't last too long.

40. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsStar: so glad to know I'm not alone! Today has been rough

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee