Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 Labor Watch

1. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: @T.H.O.U.: God, I hate my OB!! and to think that the hair thing is what bothered me the most! Maybe it was just her saying it.

@pwnstar: how was your induction not ideal? Was it super painful?

@T.H.O.U.: and thanks for telling me that about dilating vs contractions. Makes total sense.

2. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@agold: Yes it was painful--my baby was posterior (sunny side/face up) so it was back labor. And the epidural settled on one side, so I never got complete relief from the Pitocin contractions, and it had worn off by the time I started pushing. It was also very long--28 hours from the start of the Pitocin to delivery. I will also add, however, that when I started to make progress at the 24 hour mark, things moved quickly, i.e., I delivered my baby in 4 hours. I hesitate to mention all the details because your situation is completely different than mine, and you don't need to go into the labor process--regardless of how it is initiated--saddled with any unnecessary anxiety.

3. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

It doesn't really qualify as "labor watch" but i finished work yesterday and just found out I'm having a baby tomorrow!! On my way to the hospital for preop! So much for a day off

4. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@Pirouette: Yay! So exciting! Good luck tomorrow!

5. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pwnstar: thanks!!!! Please reassure me from the other side that my daughter won't hate me when she realizes she's no longer an only child!

6. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Aaaaah! You made it to the end of work! And so exciting to have the baby tomorrow. When were you supposed to go? Don't worry: your daughter will be just fine.

7. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: i was supposed to be friday, so thought today would be a nice day off. Ha! Just getting back from the hospital, need to pack my bags and get ready for tomorrow! Thanks for the reassurance

8. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Oh but this means you get your dr, right?

9. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pregnantbee: yup! she said she would do it fri since i was scheduled so early, but now there's less stress for her, she can have the day off. And one less day of being pregnant!

10. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Woohoo! Good luck. Will be thinking of you.

11. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

MRSWHIT1 (Born 7/15) - 1 Months, 13 Days
    Thismustbetheplace (#2 born 7/28) - w, 0 d
    APRILFOOL (#2 Jack born 7/22) - 1 Months, 2 Days
    Umberto (#1 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 26 Days
    TeawithPaloma (#2 Dominic born 8/5) - 0 Months, 19 Days
    dcw6411 (#3 Luke born 7/21 ) - 1 Months, 3 Days
    pregnantbee (#2 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 26 Days
    Mossyslane (#2 born 7/13) - 1 Months, 11 Days
    AANDMKLOVER (#3 Wes born 7/12) - 1 Months, 12 Days
    MrsBeluga (#2 born 8/5) - 0 Months, 19 Days
    Coffeemom (#2 born 7/12) - 1 Months, 12 Days
    mrschickpea (#1 Anya born 7/18) - 1 Months, 6 Days
    silva (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 13 Days
    coopsmama (#3 born 8/18) - 0 Months, 6 Days
    Glitter (#2 Juliet born 7/31 ) - 0 Months, 24 Days
    oldpuebloJenn (#2 born 8/23) - 0 Months, 1 Days
    MrsSCB (#1 born 8/17) - 0 Months, 7 Days
    T.H.O.U. (#3 born 8/14) - 0 Months, 10 Days
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 41 w, 0 d
    pwnstar (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 13 Days
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 C/S 8/16) - 40 w, 5 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 40 w, 6 d
    shootingstar (#2 born 8/16) - 0 Months, 8 Days
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 40 w, 0 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 39 w, 6 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 39 w, 3 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 39 w, 2 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 c/s 8/25) - 39 w, 1 d

12. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Congratulations!!

13. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@Pirouette: best of luck to you!!

14. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

Had my last check up today with the Dr. We'll go in tomorrow at 6:00 pm to start induction. Friday will most likely be baby day!!!

15. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pwnstar: thanks for telling me all of the details. I like to know!

Someone from my ob office was supposed to call me by 10 to schedule my induction. I was told that if no one called, I should call in. No one has called. And I haven't called in myself! 🙈

@Pirouette: beat of luck to you! That's so exciting!

16. T.H.O.U.

@MrsKerch: exciting!!

17. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@MrsKerch: thanks! And yayyyy! Will be thinking of you and hoping for an easy induction!

@agold: thanks! Did you end up calling?

18. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@MrsKerch: So exciting! Good luck.

19. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@stratosphere: You ok over there? Thinking of you.

20. T.H.O.U.

MRSWHIT1 (Born 7/15) - 1 Months, 14 Days
    Thismustbetheplace (#2 born 7/28) - w, 0 d
    APRILFOOL (#2 Jack born 7/22) - 1 Months, 3 Days
    Umberto (#1 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 27 Days
    TeawithPaloma (#2 Dominic born 8/5) - 0 Months, 20 Days
    dcw6411 (#3 Luke born 7/21 ) - 1 Months, 4 Days
    pregnantbee (#2 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 27 Days
    Mossyslane (#2 born 7/13) - 1 Months, 12 Days
    AANDMKLOVER (#3 Wes born 7/12) - 1 Months, 13 Days
    MrsBeluga (#2 born 8/5) - 0 Months, 20 Days
    Coffeemom (#2 born 7/12) - 1 Months, 13 Days
    mrschickpea (#1 Anya born 7/18) - 1 Months, 7 Days
    silva (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 14 Days
    coopsmama (#3 born 8/18) - 0 Months, 7 Days
    Glitter (#2 Juliet born 7/31 ) - 0 Months, 25 Days
    oldpuebloJenn (#2 born 8/23) - 0 Months, 2 Days
    MrsSCB (#1 born 8/17) - 0 Months, 8 Days
    T.H.O.U. (#3 born 8/14) - 0 Months, 11 Days
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 41 w, 1 d
    pwnstar (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 14 Days
    stratosphere (#2 born 8/16) - 0 Months, 9 Days
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 41 w, 0 d
    shootingstar (#2 born 8/16) - 0 Months, 9 Days
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 40 w, 1 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 40 w, 0 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 Induction 8/25) - 39 w, 4 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 39 w, 3 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 c/s 8/25) - 39 w, 2 d

21. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: the OB's office called me at 4:59 pm and told me induction is scheduled for 12:30 am on Wednesday morning. I didn't answer the call, and just let it go to voice message. Hubs and I were on our way to dinner. Both of us were feeling kind of down. We ended up eating by the beach at a restaurant that we love. We chatted with our waitress and found out that she was induced while at zero dilated just about a year ago at the same hospital I will be at. She was so positive about her birth story even though I was thinking it was a story I might otherwise be horrified at. But she was just so extremely positive! She made me cry and I felt like she was just the person I needed to talk to at just the right time. so after dinner we walked around this outdoor mall, making tons of laps. And I saw a Hanna Anderson store that I've never noticed before but have heard about on HelloBee. Hubs said he wanted to buy baby girl a birthday present since it was her due date and he picked out the cutest striped dress.

22. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

So hey!! Anyone awake on here? I think I might be having contractions!! How do I know????

Very lower stomach pain that lasts about 50 seconds and comes every 5.5 to 6.5 minutes. And I'm bleeding. Like more than spotting.

I assumed contractions would be something that would cause my whole stomach to harden, but I'm not having that. Just the lower stomach pains. Baby is awake, but I'm pretty positive this is not her digging around causing the pains. Could these be contractions????

23. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: that could be contractions! Try to rest, if they keep you awake, and continue to come-that's labor! Eek!

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@agold: Popping in from September, but this is exactly how my contractions felt with my DD. So this could be contractions!

25. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@avivoca: @OldpuebloJenn: thanks for being awake and replying! So crazy to think these could be contractions! I'm definitely going to try to go back to sleep in a couple of minutes now that I've been up for two hours tracking these with a dumb little app I downloaded.

26. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@agold: that is such a sweet night and eeek!!! I hope things are happening for you!!! Almost at the hospital but will check in when i can

27. T.H.O.U.

@agold: that's a great sign!! Get some rest. If it's real labor it will continue regardless of if you're resting or active.

And ps Hanna clothes are the best!

28. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@Pirouette: I'm excited for you to be checking in! Keep us updated!!

@T.H.O.U.: thanks for chiming in. I'm going to put my phone away now and try to go back to sleep! I hope this is it. And now I'm back to feeling like "I'm not ready!" Hahaha. Darn. My house is a mess.

29. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

And now I just threw up.

30. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: Sounds like early labor to me! That's what happened this time for me - the bleeding tipped me off! Good luck!! I hope this is it for you and that everything goes really smoothly.

31. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: Are the contractions still coming??

32. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: I didn't know if this was bleeding from my ob check on Tuesday or not. But it's a fairly consistent flow now that requires, eek!, a pad! I'm not equipped to have this kind of bleeding.

The contractions are still coming but I stopped timing them. Husband woke up as I was throwing up and now I just have the tv on.

33. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

I was off HB for a few hours and it's THREE baby birthdays?!

@agold: AHHHH can't believe it, that's so great!! (and I'm jealous ) Hope so much for you that it's happening today, that sounds incredibly promising. trust your body, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, and once you get that little girl in your arms everything else will be chicken scratch that is such a sweet story about your evening last night, sounds like this is your cosmic reward for getting on board with induction

@OldpuebloJenn: Congratulations! great news, lady!!! were you surprised you had a girl? how are you guys holding up??

@Pirouette: aw, wonderful!! is it too early for happy 0th birthday to your little baby boy? fingers crossed for you that everything is super easy and smooth today, I'll be thinking of you was hoping to see you at Sinai as today's my due date, but I don't think it's in the cards--tell me how it goes and all your hot tips on stealing merch

@MrsKerch: that's awesome! must be so nice to have a handle on things and know what's happening. I'll be thinking of you tonight and can't wait to read your updates. xxx

I had my 40-wk appointment yesterday and everything's the same, so looks like I will be the caboose mama here, at least among our regular posters. My OB was optimistic that it'll happen at some point and didn't want to do a membrane sweep, so just trying to finish my work and other boring stuff so excited to read all the news in the next day, it is super sweet to hear about
    ETA, OB sent me for a biophysical profile because he wasn't moving much on her monitor, he got an A+ from the doctor at the imaging place, so just playing the waiting game--nice to know everything's okay in there though.

34. T.H.O.U.

@agold: I doubt that an OB apt that long ago would be causing that much bleeding. That sounds more like your bloody show which means labor usually in 24 hrs

35. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@agold: I'm now t sure what your doctor advised, but I like to call mine when things are early on to have a "game plan" in my head. They have a nurse who fields the calls during office hours.
    Sounds like it could definitely be early labor!

Eta: is the bleeding like a period? You should definitely call if it is.

36. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@agold: at my rougher pelvic exams, the spotting I've had afterwards (which was significant a couple times) was brownish, def not a bright red flow that required a pad.

37. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@agold: throwing up in labor is a special treat! I'd call to check in with at last the hospital about that flow. And really, I know you aren't happy with your ob, it's the labor nurses who do everything. Thinking of you!

38. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@LCTBQE: thanks lady! I was surprised girl! But not disappointed. (Okay a little bit, cause my boy's name was really great!) baby is great, I got a decent amount of sleep last night, so I no longer hate my husband, and my recovery is going okay. I never expected a c section. Because the surgeon knew how unprepared I was, he came yesterday on rounds to check on me, and he brought info about how rare baby's presentation was, and how necessary the section was. that was helpful to my reconciliation process, and really I'm just grateful she's here.
    Our caboose mama! Hang in there!

39. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: Sure sounds like labor. I'd call the dr for the same reasons others said above. Keep us posted!

40. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Good luck today!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee