Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: @pmerr: Congrats and welcome!

@pmerr: You are in good company here I know I will feel anxious at least until we see a heartbeat (lost our last pregnancy at 7.5 weeks) and probably longer. Prayers for sticky babies all around!

2. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Excited to join! I was an August 2015 mama too, and August is a great month to have a baby!

EDD: August 23

First child? Nope, 2nd

Any symptoms? Fatigue, loss of appetite, mild cramping, skin breaking out

Who have you told? DH and HB, and my August 2015 mamas

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Are we ready? Is DD going to adapt ok? Our condo is so tiny, hope our new house is ready before next baby is mobile!

3. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Congratulations! I have an Aug 2014 baby and was actually kind of hoping for a spring baby to avoid being 8-9 months pregnant in the HOT HOT summer months in Georgia. But in the end I'm just happy to be pregnant again - guess I'll get to reuse my maternity dresses!

4. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @peachykeen: interested to hear what summer pregnancy is like! My first was born in June so I missed most of the heat.

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Tentatively joining! Not quite sure how far along I am, but I have a feeling I will have an August due date

EDD: No idea! Will update later after my ultrasound in a few weeks

First child? Nope, 2nd. I have an 18 month old.

Any symptoms? Only very sore boobs, which is why I took a pregnancy test in the first place!

Who have you told? 2 friends, and DH

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Scared. So scared. I miscarried end of October at 8 weeks, so for me that will be a huge milestone this pregnancy. Also.....uhhh....huge and pregnant during summer next year......that suuuucks! hahaha

6. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: @peachykeen: @Mrs. Microscope: My first was born in January, so this will be a new experience for me. I'm banking on loving this pregnancy as much as I loved my last (this is possible, right?).

7. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Anyone else feel like food is the devil, and sleeping is the only cure?! Gahhhh!!!

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Revel: @littlejoy: pregnant in the summer is so much fun! I just crank the AC at home, and I love wearing long flowy skirts and tank tops. And flip flops are so nice when your feet are swollen. I lived in my sanuks! I'm happy I get to reuse everything!

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: August is the best! We have dry heat here, so it's very different. Lots of popsicles fix everything!

10. RacheBon

pea / 24 posts

Very tentatively joining...

EDD: August 19
    First child? Second, DD will be two in January
    Any symptoms? None
    Who have you told? DH and my therapist, and now you guys
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I had a miscarriage before my daughter and struggled a lot with anxiety throughout the pregnancy, to the point where I dreaded getting pregnant again. I started seeing a therapist a few months ago in anticipation of this second go-round and am feeling pretty good, but I know the next few weeks will be a challenge. It's comforting to know how common this is (and how may fellow obsessive tp checkers there are), but I do wish it were a bit easier for all of us.

11. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Wow! Lots of 2nd time moms this month! I guess we can all rely on @MommySLP: for advice

Aug 3 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 5 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2)
    Aug 8 - LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2)
    Aug 23 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2)
    TBD - MrsBrewer (#2)

Appts:
    Dec 16 Cole
    Dec 22 MommySLP
    Dec 23 PeachyKeen, Mrs. Blush
    Dec 27 LittleJoy

12. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: @littlejoy: @Mrs. Microscope: Summer pregnancy really wasn't that bad. It's nice to be able to just throw on a dress and go. I was super swollen due to pre-e, though, so I think that started to affect me by mid-July. The heat just made it worse!

@RacheBon: Congrats! Time is actually passing pretty quickly for me this time - I hope it's the same for you

@littlejoy: My appetite/aversions are so unpredictable right now. Most of the time I can't imagine eating anything, but then I'll randomly get a weird craving. Today it is tortilla soup and spicy Chick Fil A sandwich (that I *know* I would regret). And then other times I'll think I want to eat something, take a bite, and immediately change my mind.

13. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Tortilla soup sounds SO GOOD right now!!! Ha.

Oh, and yes, my first u/s is 12/27. It's not an appointment with my midwives though (that will be in January) - it's at an imaging lab.

14. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: anything spicy! It's already starting again, with my first I doused everything in Franks Red Hot the whole first trimester!

My first appointment and ultrasound are on Friday January 13 at 8.5 weeks. Hoping time will fly, and my anxiety stays in check.

15. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Welcome to all the new mommies! Looks like a pretty big group!

I've had some pain on my left side near my ribs tonight. It feels like what I remember to be round ligament pain, but I think 5 weeks is too early for that! It comes & goes & isn't anything too painful, so hopefully it's just things growing & moving around! I think it means I'm going to bed after I put my 3 yr old down

16. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MommySLP: I've definitely felt more pelvic pressure/twinges/etc than I remember feeling this early with #1. It has been 3 years, though, so I could have just forgotten. I told my OB that the pressure on my bladder felt like I was 30 weeks pregnant but I'm only 6 (tomorrow). Yikes!

17. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@peachykeen: ya I have a feeling there are going to be more aches/pains this time around. My OB told me that's what happens when you have a baby after 30 (I'm only 31)!!!

18. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MommySLP: Oh no - I turn 31 in a week! I guess I'll enjoy my last week of "easy" 30...

19. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@peachykeen: @MommySLP: totally came here to post about this! I'm having that almost "my period is about to start" feeling and it's weirding me out. I wonder if I'm more in tune to it the second time around. Also maybe just paranoid because I'm not even late on my cycle yet so it still feels so early. This will be a long first tri if I keep obsessing like this!

20. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: @MommySLP: ladies, I'm 34. I was 33 when DD was born. 30 is nothing. I would kill to be 30 again.

21. MrsD2442

cherry / 111 posts

Morning sickness has arrived, I've been nauseous pretty consistently since last night. Saltines and ginger ale are my friends, plus slowly sipping lots of water. My first ultrasound is tomorrow (12/16) at 6+2, so I'll be sure to come back and update everyone!

22. nolababy

pea / 5 posts

@MrsD2442: Good Luck tomorrow!

So excited to meet all the mamas!

My first appointment isn't until January 3rd, which seems so far away. So far, no major symptoms, which makes it hard to believe I'm actually pregnant. Anybody else have that same sense of disbelief? Didn't think I'd ever wish for nausea...

23. RacheBon

pea / 24 posts

@nolababy: I never had significant symptoms with my daughter, and definitely wished for nausea! I totally get the disbelief and just kind of wanting to feel something...

My first appt is Jan 5th, I had been hoping to go a week earlier at 6 weeks but she's away for the holidays I feel like it's going to be a loooong wait.

24. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MrsD2442: Good luck!

I am SO SICK starting last night. My office has their holiday brunch potluck this morning and I tried so hard to participate - managed to put a dish together last night, dragged myself downstairs this morning to put it in the oven... and there's no way I can get in my car and drive 30 min to work

I was definitely not this sick this early (6 weeks today) with DD - if it lasts I think I'll definitely need meds this time around.

25. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsD2442: can't wait for your update!

@peachykeen: feel better! I'm not looking forward to the "permanent hangover" I had weeks 6-10 last time.

26. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I 'm 36! All hope is lost

@MrsD2442: @peachykeen: Oh man you guys, hang in there. I'm hoping I might feel better this time around - I was nonstop nauseous weeks 6-10 last time.

@nolababy: @RacheBon: I hope you both continue to feel well! I'm going to aspire to be like you.

27. RacheBon

pea / 24 posts

@Revel: Thanks! I've actually been feeling a little bit nauseous this morning, but my daughter had a stomach bug this week so it may be that. I am somehow at the same time absolutely starving.

28. Spinny

cherry / 125 posts

EDD: August 14
    First child? Second, DS will be 2 a few weeks before this baby is due!
    Any symptoms? More emotional than normal, and crying a lot. I'm also pretty tired. Otherwise feeling fine!
    Who have you told? Just DH and my July 2015 moms group.
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I was not expecting to get pregnant so quickly, it took almost a year to conceive me son, so we're still a bit shocked. I'm nervous about going through the newborn phase again (this time with a toddler), also nervous about the cost of daycare for 2! But, I'm excited to see my ds with a new baby brother/sister and to see our family completed!

29. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I'm cookie baking today and the smell of all of these cookies are making me want to puke. Too much sugar. This is awful.

30. MrsD2442

cherry / 111 posts

We saw a heartbeat!!!! I'm measuring perfectly at 6+2. SO SO SO HAPPY!!!!!! It's not ectopic! Heartbeat with awesome. Idk what else to say other than I'm completely over the moon in love with this little blob!

31. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

I need to check in here more!!

I went for a follow up from the bladder infection (which I asked about, and apparently I was supposed to have a follow up but didn't know). I still have an infection, so once the lab runs everything, she will know what I can have for meds that are safe. Since I did have a miscarriage, she wants me to go in for bloodwork. I did that yesterday and will again on Monday the levels are fine, and I may get an ultrasound before our 8week appointment. I'm hoping we can, but I don't know how certain that is.

I go in on Monday for bloodwork again to see what the levels are doing. This one is 705, which is something she expects to see. My progesterone level is 17.1. She does not have my urine results back, so hopefully she will on Monday after I get this bloodwork done.We'll schedule a dating ultrasound after that since I could have ovulated later.

32. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@MrsD2442: congrats!

@MrsBrewer: that sounds not fun at all.

My only symptoms now are vivid dreams every night pretty much and a bit more tired than usual. I can't seem to squeeze as much food or liquid into my tummy as I could before which is sort of weird and not something I would expect until much later. I honestly don't even feel pregnant at all. I remember being so bloated at 6 weeks last time and feeling yucky and having sore boobs. None of that this time.

Trying to stay occupied until my first midwife appointment in early Jan because my worrying has set back in. At least Christmas will be a distraction!

@pmerr: sounds like things are looking good so far! Sucks about the bladder infection. Hopefully you can get an early scan.

33. nolababy

pea / 5 posts

@MrsD2442: What good news! So exciting!

34. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

I took a break from HB because I find it more useful for pregnancy support than parenting, but it looks like it's time to come back!

EDD: 8/18 based on LMP, but almost definitely a few days later than hat

First child? Hopefully second live birth

Any symptoms? Sore boobs, tiredness, emotional (cried at a damn truck commercial), heartburn, mild crampiness, lower back pain

Who have you told? Just my husband, mom, and my cousin/best friend

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Shock, mostly. This is my sixth pregnancy- 3 miscarriages, 1 late loss, 1 premature but healthy live birth, and now this one. Last month I didn't get a positive till my period was 3 days late, and it was super faint. I started bleeding 2 days later. This month seemed the same- stopped testing at 12dpo because I still didn't have a positive, but when my period no showed I tested again. From 15dpo to today I got the progression pictured below. I was SURE it was hopeless with such a faint start so late, but they kept getting darker. Got my second beta back today- from 106 to 334 in 46 hours, doubling time of 28 hours. So I was apparently wrong on my O date, or I've got a strong little late implanter here!

I'm anxious on so many levels I don't even know where to start. Today actually makes this longer than two of my pregnancies, so that's something. I really want to see a heartbeat, but I've miscarried after seeing one so I don't know how much it'll actually help. And the anatomy scan was when we found out about the late loss one's birth defects, so that's terrifying to think about. And then my daughter was a preemie, so I'm worried about going through that again, except this time with a toddler at home.

So I've decided I'm just going to worry that it might be twins, and ignore all the rest. 😄

@Mrs. Microscope: August 2015 mom! Maybe this time I'll actually BE an August mom!

35. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: hi friend! Hope L is doing well, can't wait to be due date group buddies again! Hopefully this time they know all your specific needs and you can cook this little one a bit longer.

36. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: She's doing great! We're in language explosion mode these days. 😄 Hope your LO is well too! (Sorry, don't remember the name/initial; I'm really impressed you do!) And yeah, they've already said I'll be doing progesterone shots after the first tri, woohoo. Mostly at least now they'll take seriously. Braxton hicks 2 minutes apart on a regular basis should never be considered normal. Not to mention that they told us to go ahead and try again 3 cycles after a 32 week pregnancy, even though, fun fact, anything less than 18 months increases your risk of preterm labor. 😡 Sorry, I'm not quite over resenting that.

37. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: Congratulations! I remember your story and I'm glad you've joined us! Hoping for another healthy, sticky baby for you I had a chemical last month as well (just about the exact timeline as yours, though my initial BFP was earlier) but I'm finally starting to feel a little more confident about this pregnancy. Those lines and betas look pretty promising!

38. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: my sweet daughter P is 16 months (8/1/15) and is gaining independence and learning her sense of self. So precious! Glad you are going to get appropriate care!

39. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@Torchwood: congratulations! Your dd is so cute. Hope this is an uneventful and healthy pregnancy for you.

40. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: @Petitduck: @Mrs. Microscope: Thanks! I'm tentatively excited! And freaking out at the thought of two kids!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee