Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@hellocupcake: hello and congrats! I am not doing anything to prepare for labor per say. This is #4 for me. I do sit on my yoga ball but not all that often and I do it because it is comfy. I also am trying to sit in the butterfly position along with cross legged as that supposedly opens the hips? All my labors have started pretty much the same (tmi- upset stomach followed by bloody show then contractions) though my second included a slow leak. It will be interesting to see what this one brings. I just hope it is as short as the last two were.

2. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I'm totally hoping to go into labor beforehand! I have been 1.5cm and 50% effaced for 2 weeks, despite losing my mucus plug (and losing it repeatedly as it regenerates) and having contractions. But bow that I'm past 37 weeks, hopefully things can kick into gear!

3. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

So, today I finished my last major "has to be done before so can have a baby" project at work, and it feels sooo good. It has been the bane of my existence this week, so I still need to get last minute things tied up on Monday, but I am feeling almost ready to have a baby on Tuesday morning!

I wish I could hope to go into labor early, but that's not what my body does, so no chance there.

Can't believe we'll be meeting our little girl in 4 days!

4. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Dramatic day for us - I called my midwives this morning because I had been itching on my feet yesterday, and was still a bit itchy today, although not on my feet, plus run down feeling. They were concerned about cholestasis so had us come in for monitoring and bloodwork. They were considering holding us to induce but decided to wait for the results of the more definitive test that takes a few days, given my monitoring and all other tests looked good to start and I don't really fit the classic symptoms. Scary but I think we're in good hands and I guess I really need to get ready to meet this guy soon...

5. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Revel: scary! So glad you got checked out, and they are running the necessary tests!

6. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Revel: glad you got checked out! Definitely sounds scary, but glad everything came back normal.

I'm 38+4 and just feel generally blah. I feel irritable and tired and just done! But then I think I don't really want to go into labor yet Cz I'm tired, haha. Not a big fan of this part of pregnancy!

7. Mrs. Blue

@Revel: yikes! Hope the tests turn out okay.

8. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @MommySLP: @Mrs. Blue: thank you! I feel ok and baby seems fine at the moment but of course I'm worrying and wondering what I should do... hope the additional test results come back soob.

9. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Revel: You're not alone with the worrying! Hope you can get some answers sooner rather than later.

I'm currently being monitored for low fluid after my 36 week scan. It keeps dropping (I think from 6.5 to 5 over the weekend) but the dr I'm seeing now instead of the midwives just wants to keep me pregnant for as long as possible or until I go into labor in my own. Another scan on Thursday. Worrying, waiting, drinking lots and getting everything ready in case we have an early arrival.

10. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@sojellybean: thank you! Sorry to hear you're going through a scare as well, I hope all is OK and you get a good plan in place.

This watchful waiting is kind of the pits, isn't it?

11. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Mrs. Blue: thinking of you today!

12. Mrs. Pickle

I had an ultrasound this morning. Baby is no longer measuring so far ahead. I think the stomach measurements have been throwing everything off. I'm no longer worried about her being too big. I'm have my 38 week appointment on Thursday. I hope I've progressed some more.

@Revel: how are you doing?

13. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: thanks for checking! I feel fine, better in terms of exhaustion/rundown feeling and I think less itchy? No test results yet, regular midwife appt and NST will be Thursday. Def worrying about the baby but he seems to be doing his usual thing. Having some more intense BH so I'm trying to bounce on the ball and walk and foolishly thinking maybe I'll just go into labor and put this whole thing to rest!

Glad to hear you're measuring more on target for size. We are getting so close but it still seems like ages away.

14. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Update: got the notice this morning that my results from the bile acid test were normal! That was fast for the blood draw on sunday afternoon. I've asked for a copy of the actual result. Still itchy but it continues to be mild so perhaps it's just a late pregnancy thing, can't remember if this happened with my daughter or not. I'll find out more I assume at my appointment tmrw. I appreciate the support, guess I can try to relax for a little bit....

15. Mrs. Pickle

@Revel: that's great news!

16. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Revel: so glad you don't have cholestasis! I got itchy (full body, "I'm going to die" kind of hives) at 2-3 weeks postpartum last time, and a 5 day prednisone regimen cleared them up and it was done. I guess it's just a hormone thing for some women, and as long as you are negative for all the scary stuff, it isn't a big deal. Hopefully that's all this is!

17. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @Mrs. Microscope: thank you both! I'm trying my best to ignore at the moment and hoping I was focusing on the itching because I was worried and that it will go away, haha. Definitely more anxious than ever to meet baby and get him safely to the outside.

18. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Well I had my 38 week check yesterday, and I wasn't quite 1 cm yet. boo! But this morning I've been having contractions 10-15 minutes apart. Although now they seem to be tapering off. I'm hoping this little guy makes his appearance soon! Although I still haven't lost my mucous plug yet either.

19. Mrs. Blue

Rowan Naomi was born yesterday morning. She was 7 lbs 7 oz, 19 inches long. She is perfect and we are all so in love. Her brothers think she's the best thing ever.

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Congrats! Such a cutie

@Revel: That's great news!

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Blue: congratulations! She is beautiful!

22. hellocupcake

persimmon / 1171 posts

@Mrs. Blue: congratulations!! ❤❤

23. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Congrats!! She's gorgeous!!

24. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Blue: congrats! Love her blue flower

25. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Congrats! What a perfect addition to your family. I hope everyone is doing well.

Had another scan today and my fluid is back up a little to a 7. Will recheck on Monday. I have zero signs of labor and I'm still feeling pretty good, so here's hoping I can cook this baby longer.

26. Mrs. Pickle

My ultrasound went great. My placenta is completely out of the way. I'm scheduled for an induction on the 18th! I have a feeling my original due date (the 16th) is the more accurate one so I'm glad to be induced. I'm 3cm dilated today and a little crampy after my cervical check.

27. Mrs. Pickle

@sojellybean: that's great!

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@sojellybean: glad everything is looking good!

@Mrs. Pickle: hooray for placenta placement! Maybe you won't make it to induction..

I was 2+cm dilated yesterday, still losing my plug continuously (Dr. Said it was gone) and I'm hoping to go into labor before my induction on the 16th, but I'm only 38+1 today, so probably not likely. At least I'll be at 2+cm (or more!) for my induction!

29. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

I had my 39 week apt yesterday. Was 2cm dilated. I've been crampy since but nothing timetable or really significant. I won't be induced until the 23rd (41 weeks) if everything continues to look good so here's hoping I don't really have another 2 weeks!!! I feel like I may be the last in the group to have a baby!

30. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

@MommySLP: I might be right there with you! Had my 39 wk appt yesterday and was barely 1cm. Looks like baby may want to hang out for a bit longer!

31. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MommySLP: I will prob still be here! I'm not due until the 25th, going to push for a 28th induction date at my next appointment for if I go over.

So of course I had a super itchy night last night which has got me concerned again, so I'm having my midwives rerun the liver/bile tests. I feel relatively ok with it bc the recommendation if you test normal/negative but are still itchy is to retest each week, and I was tested last sunday so only one day off. I can't decide if I'm being reasonable or obsessing at this point....

32. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Revel: I think I'd play that card better safe than sorry so I'd totally redo the tests that need to be done.

I have my 40 week apt Wednesday. I shouldn't be surprised I've made it full term---DD was born at 41 weeks & DS was born at 40 weeks. So my body apparently likes those babies to stay inside. My OB doesn't like to induce until 41 weeks but I'm going to see if I can push that a little bit---I'm feeling so done and I'm a little worried about a really big baby.

33. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Lilac: I'm still here!! 40 week apt on Wednesday.

34. Lilac

coffee bean / 25 posts

Hi ladies! I turned out to be wrong on my guess if when baby would arrive! Max Logan came this weekend and we got home the hospital last night. 6 pounds, 20" long. We are both doing great and he's a dream come true! I'll add a pic on our fb group!
    @mommyslp: this has to mean you're up next! 😉

35. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@Lilac: Welcome to the world Max! Glad you're settling in at home mama!

I had another scan today at 38 wks, fluid was up to 11 so I'm relieved and will check again next Wednesday. The dr wanted to do a cervical check which I declined. I'm perfectly happy hanging out until baby is ready or have to schedule a c section.

36. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Lilac: congratulations!

I'm still here at 38+5, induction scheduled for Wed.

Can't believe we are only barely half way into the month and so many babies have arrived. Has anyone gone past due?!

37. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Pretty serious contractions this morning! And much farther apart (8-9 minutes versus as little as 2) than my usual Braxton hicks. Pretty sure this is real, and I'm a little panicky. Remembering this hurts is NOT the same as feeling it again. Any med free mamas have some reassurance? (Cross posting to FB group)

38. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: I'm not a med free mama, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you today! You got this, just do what your body tells you. You made it to 39 weeks!

39. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

How are the still pregnant mamas feeling?

I'm sitting here at 38+4. I felt really good last week but that all stopped sunday, i just feel exhausted and off, stomach feeling not great, SPD pain, ooph. I kind of want to make it into next week, past 39 wks, but I'm also kind of ready!

40. Mrs. Pickle

@Torchwood: good luck! You'll do great.

@Revel: I'm 38+4 too. I'm going in on Friday for an induction and I can't wait. I'm loosing some of my plug and having contractions daily. That's been going on for 2 weeks though so I don't think I'm going to go into labor before Friday.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee