Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@sunset840: Oh, yay! I just sent you an email.

@peachykeen: CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to join the FB group to see more.

2. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@sunset840: late to this but I'd like to join the fb group, I'll send an email!

3. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

So for those mamas considering the spectra/medala parts pump, I've officially tested it out twice now with my new spectra and it works great! I bought the maymom brand adaptor off amazon and it's so much easier than the hack I used with my old spectra and also doesn't compromise the closed system of the pump.

Here's the adaptor I'm using (it goes between the backflow protector and the medela pieces):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DGEDVUM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1501002670&sr=8-2&keywords=spectra+medela+adapter

4. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Thanks for the rec!! Is this just to have extra pump parts, or are there benefits to using the Medela pump parts in conjunction with the Spectra pump?

5. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: Spectra's flanges don't fit me well so that's why I started (I think Spectra only has 24mm and 28mm), but it helped that I already had 2 sets of Medela parts. The Medela are also sold locally when I've forgotten a part. I actually use the Spectra duck bill valves with the Medela parts because I think the valves work better though.

6. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Anyone having trouble with eating right now? I'm hungry but don't feel like my stomach can possible stretch any further & just uncomfortable when I eat much! Just went to the store & bought the most random things trying to find something that sounds good. 37 weeks today---hopefully no more than 3 weeks for me!

7. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@MommySLP: you and I are right together (37w1d) & I feel the same most of the time. Plus, I'm hot and miserable so anything that requires cooking doesn't seem worth the effort. Fruit has been the one thing that usually sounds good and I can eat a decent amount of.

8. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@MommySLP: I go from not hungry to starving so quickly. Then I eat my normal amount of food and feel uncomfortably full. It's a struggle!

9. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MommySLP: def me. My appetite is good but I can't eat very much without feeling gross, so I'm in this constant hunger cycle. Coupled with occasional nausea from everything being squished and eating is just a hassle! Still gaining weight though I'm sure

10. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@sunset840: I wanted to pop in to see if you got my email ... I'd love to join the FB group.

@MommySLP: Eating is so hard. I eat a carrot and feel grossly full for hours!! Ugh!! I had my gallbladder taken out after my 1st pregnancy, and that's really the only difference I can think of. I hope you find relief!!

11. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MommySLP: I think my baby has dropped a little bit, because I'm actually able to start eating a little bit more now without feeling like I'm going to explode/throw up!

12. sunset840

cherry / 107 posts

I just responded to your original email. The fb setup has been temperamental as different folks have different security levels or I'm just repeating the same mistakes over and over (most Likely the later)

13. Mrs. Pickle

Tuesday I saw my MFM for an ultrasound to check baby's growth and the position of my placenta. Baby is head down and really low so it was very hard for them the see anything. They measured my placenta at 1.7cm away from my cervix. My MFM prefers 2cm away, but she said since the baby's head in already engaged she thinks the pressure of the head will prevent the placenta from getting in the way and that I will be able to deliver vaginally with no bleeding issues. They also estimated that baby is 7lbs7oz right now. 😳

I saw my OB today. The final decision about placenta placement and c section vs vaginal delivery is in her hands. I trust her fully. She seems to agree with the MFM, especially because I had an uncomplicated vaginal delivery with DD and didn't push for very long. She is having me go back for one more ultrasound in two weeks before making a final decision. Otherwise my appointment was very routine and I had the GBS swab done.

I'm going for weekly appointments now and hope to get checked next week! When they were scanning my cervix on Tuesday it was still 3cm thick, so no effacement. But it was obviously opened some, so I think I'm dilated 1cm or so.

14. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Saw my MFM for last ultrasound today to check on baby's kidneys. They're still dilated slightly so pediatrician will follow up after birth. Good news is the channels & tissue around them look perfect so it's likely something that will resolve as she grows. They estimate her weight to be 7lbs, 13oz (!!!). I'm thinking this is going to be a 9lb baby...

15. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

Had my 39 week apt today, 2cm dilated, 70% effaced and she said baby's head was lower than last. Have an induction scheduled tomorrow and really hoping I don't get bumped to Sat!

16. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@KNS: Ahh good luck tomorrow! Hope labor goes quickly and can't wait to "meet" your little one

17. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@KNS: excited! Keep us posted!

18. Mrs. Blue

@KNS: Good luck tomorrow! I was just thinking we need more babies to arrive to keep me going for another week and a half!

19. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

Got in for my induction at 2 yesterday and our daughter Lucy Jane was born at 10:37pm. She is nursing like a champ and we are all trying to get as much rest as possible. Introducing big sister was a really amazing moment. I will share pictures on our Facebook group shortly. Looking forward to other august babies being born!

20. Mrs. Pickle

@KNS: congratulations!!

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@KNS: congratulations! Glad it went well!

22. Mrs. Blue

@KNS: What a precious name! I'm glad the sibling intro went well. I hope ours goes better than it did the last time!

23. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@KNS: Congratulations!! Welcome baby!

24. Mrs. Blue

Since @peachykeen: has her hands full of a new little bit, I'm bringing this forward, but I can't promise to keep it updated. I suck at stuff like that.

I know another person on the FB group announced, but I don't see it here, so I'll wait to update her until she speaks up on this site. Here's who to watch! Come on, August babies!

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2) , Lmpeavley (#1)
    Sep 2 - cheesetomywhine (#4)

Scheduled C-sections & inductions:
    Aug 3 - CodderGirl
    Aug 8 - Mrs. Blue
    Aug 30 - Banana330

Babies!
    KNS - Baby Girl is here!
    PeachyKeen - Baby Girl is here!

25. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Our baby girl, Maple, arrived this morning. I was expecting a short labor (LO1 labor was 6 hours total), and I ended up with 11.5 hours of "early labor" and 15 minutes from water breaking to baby being born. Super intense. We are all doing great - cozy in bed at home. I'll share a pic in the FB group.

26. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: Wow - congratulations!! And I love her name. Welcome to the world little one

27. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@littlejoy: congratulations. What a lovely name!

28. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@KNS: @littlejoy: congrats!!! So many babies coming now for our group

29. Mrs. Pickle

@littlejoy: congrats!! That does sound really intense.

30. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: congratulations! So glad your home birth went well! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little girl!

31. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

Welcome early August babies!
    @littlejoy: love her name! It must feel so good to be snuggled at home with her.

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I'm scheduled for induction 2 weeks from today, August 16th! Unless I go into labor beforehand... Glad to have an end date in sight!

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I'm so ready to be done! I really hope baby boy comes early, I'm due on the 19th. I'm going to our state fair tomorrow, maybe I will walk this baby out!!

34. Mrs. Pickle

I had my 37 week appointment today. I'm 2cm dilated. Yay for progress! I went to be induced with my first and was only 0.5cm dilated. I've had several painful contractions today but nothing that indicates I'm going into labor anytime soon.

35. Mrs. Pickle

@MrsBrewer: me too!! I'm a week behind you. I'm so ready to be on the other side.

36. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Microscope: exciting! Are you hoping to go into labor earlier?

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: 2cm is great! My midwives don't do checks before labor starts, they did when I was pregnant with my DD, but recently they've stopped. I kind of wish I knew if I was dilated or not though.

38. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@coddergirl: Thinking about you today! Hope things are going well

39. hellocupcake

persimmon / 1171 posts

Hello everyone I've totally been lurking the past 9 months...I finally can't take it anymore!! Baby girl is due August 27th and labor is all I can think about. She's our 3rd so I'm trying to keep the baby talk to a minimum in real life so I wanted to pop in and ask for tips. Anyone doing anything to prepare for labor and delivery? I was induced with both babies so I'm hoping and praying this little girl will make the appearance on her own ❤❤

40. Mrs. Pickle

@hellocupcake: hi! I'm not really doing anything other than bouncing on my birth ball in the evenings. I was induced with my first and have no clue what going into labor looks like! I keep looking in the toilet for my mucous plug. 😂

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee