Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Mamas: Nursery Planning

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@cheert16: @whenoceansrise: Thanks ladies!

2. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

I am doing a woodland-themed nursery... walls are painted a blue-grey color; I have a white wardrobe, adorable wood rocking horse, toy chest, and vintage desk-turned-changing table so far...
    Here are some of my inspiration pics:

3. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

Ohhh loving these inspiration pics. We are going with grey too but with lilac accents. Here are my inspiration pics

4. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

I have done a little DIY and started making a mobile. These are some little animals I made so far

5. Adira

@Mrs.Lilac: Um, those are amazing!!!

6. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@josina: I love those animal prints above the dresser! I bet that could be DIYed fairly easily, if you're handy with an exacto knife.

I think animal-themed rooms grow well with kids, too. You will be able to use a lot of the decor as they get older, if you want.

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Love the little animals! I want to attempt to make some too for the mobile I posted. Any tips?

@allison: I def. plan to DIY the artwork once I decide for sure which way to go. I've seen some adorable watercolor deer prints too that I may try to paint. (I have a background in art so that helps!)

8. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@josina: I love that theme!
    @Mrs.Lilac: so cute and classy!

We made our first purchase for the nursery! I snagged this glider and ottoman for $75!

9. Adira

@whenoceansrise: $75???? That's a steal!!!

10. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: I know! It's more brown than I wanted, but for $75 you can't beat that! And it's super comfy. I can't wait to rock and feed baby Micah in it

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I love gray and lilac together, and your little mobile animals are darling! So sweet.

@josina: Ah, I love the woodland theme

12. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Depending on the rest of the furniture, you could potentially remove the cushions and restain/paint the wood of the glider/ottoman if you were so inclined! (That's too much work for me, but I know others could do it, haha)

13. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: Too much work for me too!

14. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Loving all the photos!

We're deciding between 3 rockers from Target right now... And I am kind of obsessed w/ looking for a pouf to go as the ottoman right now!

15. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@josina: I went onto Pinterest and looked up 'felt animals' or 'felt owl' etc and then either printed off templates ( for the owl) or just drew them myself. They are all really simple shapes so it was actually really easy. Then, you just cut out, sew and stuff! One thing I did change from all the tutorials is the stitch. They all recommend so fancy stitch where you catch the previous stitch (which I did on the pink bird and parts of the owl) then I decided it was a waste of time and just did normal stitches! Don't forget to cut 2 of everything for the front and back so they look the same either way. And stitch the details like eyes, wings, ears on BEFORE you stitch the front and back together (unlike me!) makes life easier!

Now I just need to work out what to do next... Hubby said he is going to try and find a mechanism so they turn but we shall see.

16. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Thanks for the tips. Now I can't wait to get some felt and start making this!

17. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: These are so cute!

FYI for the other ladies, I went to a baby shower once where the activity was to sew different mobile pieces for the baby's nursery. The host picked simple patterns and supplied everything, I thought it was such a fun idea!

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise:
    $75?!?!?!?!?! :))))
    I got ours for $150 and I thought I did good!!!
    Do you sit there?
    I do, I read to her and just well be happy!!!!!!

19. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Where are you ladies finding your gliders? I've been watching CL but I really want grey. I really like the rocker that @snowjewelz: posted on another thread. Honestly though, I despised the rocker we have during my C-section recovery, I found it very difficult to get out of, particularly while holding the baby.

20. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I am the same as you! I want a gray rocker so I've been checking craigslist and I'll most likely order from Target. Target has one that looks like the above picture for $230; there is Simmon's one on Target for $300. They also have 2 from Eddie Bauer that's $400 but they are too much for me

21. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@FaithFertility: Yours looks bigger than mine though! Yes! I sit there often! It's soooo comfy

@MamaG: I've been watching craigslist as well and couldn't ever find a decent, clean one. I actually found this one on the online yardsale page on facebook in my area. I lucked out and the lady I bought it from used it for her nursery as well and gave us all of her extra diapers. I really like the bigger rockers better like snowjewelz mentioned because they just look so comfy, but I just couldn't pass up the deal I got!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: We have an amazing Maternity/baby consignment store in my area

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Well painting is done! I'm hoping to get a big tree like wall decal on the pink wall behind crib :)))))

24. Adira

@FaithFertility: Looking good!! And I LOVE those tree decals. I wish I had gotten one for our nursery, but we did a big stripe instead, so it might've looked weird. I can't wait to see your finished results!

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yes, we were going to do pink and white stripes on the now just pink wall... but as you can see that was a no go......lol DH has patience but not for painting!!!

26. Adira

@FaithFertility: haha, I don't blame him! Doing stripes like that is a lot of work!!

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: Aww very nice! I can't wait to see the tree decal

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

These are the fabrics I hope to bring into my 'woodland' theme for the baby's room!
    Hoping to use the leaf fabric to recover a toy box seat I have and the deer fabric for a crib skirt, that I need to sweet-talk grandma's into making for me.

Both available on Etsy.

My mom ordered our crib on Monday, after much deliberation decided on this one, love the clean lines and can't wait to get it set up! http://www.wayfair.com/Storkcraft-Hillcrest-Fixed-Side-Convertible-Crib-KD1959.html

29. Adira

@josina: I love those fabrics and colors so much! And that crib is adorable! Love the clean lines and classic-ness of it!

30. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@FaithFertility: looks good! things are coming along nicely!

@josina: i love those colors!!

31. snowjewelz

@josina: love

Hopefully I will be able to post our nursery before Thanksgiving! Right now it's just all the hand me downs and gifts in an empty room

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: I love thos colors!!!! I love leaves and that pattern!!!!! ♥ Post pictures of the end result!

@snowjewelz: I'll be lurking yay to having a room full of stuff......I feel like we have nada....lol

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@josina: so pretty!! I love that forest pattern

34. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Bumping.,, anyone want to share their nurseries?

35. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Crown molding done!!!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy: Just beautiful......so jealous of the stripes!!!!!

37. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@BandDmommy: this is adorable! classy and feminine!

38. Adira

@BandDmommy: Looking good!!!

39. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@BandDmommy: so pretty!!

We haven't even started working on the nursery yet.... yikes!! I have ideas but haven't worked on it yet! Maybe I need to make some mood boards for myself while I am at work today!

40. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Started on my baby mobile this weekend, so much fun making these animals, I also have an owl, skunk and bunny done. Excited to see the final.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee