1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@josina: OMG, those are adorable!!!!

2. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@josina: awww how cute is that!?

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: SO sweet, you have a talent!!!!!

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@josina: those look great!!

5. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

We picked out our crib today! We went with the graco Tatum crib even though I think it looks kind of girly, I just really like it! Can't wait to get it set up!

6. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Very cute!! We have a Graco crib too and I really like it.

7. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Our crib has been there for over a week now and we have yet to open the package

Stroller arrived yesterday too. We have SO MUCH STUFF in the nursery! It's my mission in life to organize everything we already have before the shower!

8. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@whenoceansrise: pretty!

9. Adira

@snowjewelz: Open the package! When we went to put together Xander's crib the first time around, we discovered it was damaged and needed to exchange it!

10. snowjewelz

@Adira: Ooo. Def telling DH that since it's his job

11. Adira

@snowjewelz: Maybe reassure him that he doesn't need to put it together yet, but to open it and check all the pieces in case anything is broken.

12. snowjewelz

@Adira: Its' a really good point! I'm gonna open all the packages now just in case!

13. Adira

@snowjewelz: Good luck! Hopefully our damaged crib was just a fluke!

14. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: @BandDmommy: Thanks!!

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: love love love

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

We got this decal for her crib wall....its like 105 pieces.... this shall be fun

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@FaithFertility: cute!!!

18. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@whenoceansrise: super cute!

19. winniebee

@FaithFertility: I bet that will be really pretty when it's up!

20. winniebee

I finally ordered a crib this week and baby boy is getting Tyler's waist level dresser and I got a new chest (same style) for Tyler. Got Pali furniture again. Also baby boy is just getting Ts glider and T is getting a new one to match his big boy room - they just look like regular chairs so we can repurpose them later. Also I'm ordering them both bookcases from Land of nod and moving Tyler's old book case down to the play room. I feel kind of bad that baby boy is getting so many hand me downs (bedding and rug) but oh well he won't know the difference

21. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I finally started painting last night. I hope to finish it today. I will feel like I can start to put the room back together finally.

22. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: yay, exciting! What is T's big room bedding? T's nursery was nautical, right?

@MamaG: what color?

23. winniebee

@BandDmommy: it was sort of nautical but not too themey. I got him Brody bedding from PB kids and doing red comforter and room will have navy and Green elements too. All his furniture is dark wood. Haven't gotten further than that yet! Will probably find some truck and plane prints to hang. We aren't painting since it's a rental so his walls are white and he has a light cream and gray carpet.

24. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm painting grey, both of the girls rooms will be the same color. For C I used three paint colors and it was a huge pain and I will probably never do that again. Not to mention I got tired of the colors, which is why three years later the room is being re-painted. Oddly enough in C's room the color looks really light and I regretted not going a shade darker. Now in K's room it looks really dark and I'm thankful I didn't go any darker.

25. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Room is painted! I've been putting this off far too long. Now I need to steam the drapes and get a few more frames for the wall hangings that I purchased from etsy. If all goes well, I should have things mostly in order by the end of the week!

Next up is deciding if we will get a new chair or not. @winniebee: where did you get a new chair?

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: You painted?!?! Good for you! I wanted to paint sooo bad but DH wouldn't let me, we even got the paint that is fume free!!!!

Take pictures :)))

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: awww sounds like all is coming together!!! It's getting closer

28. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Yes, I painted. DH doesn't like to do it and I don't mind it. I got the drapes hung, but they are too long. Now I guess I either need to hem them or take them somewhere. Next up is the ceiling fan. We had colorful blades that I'm flipping over to the white side. C helped me with the blades now DH needs to put them back up. He's busy working on our pool though.

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Yeah I like to paint too

30. winniebee

@MamaG: we have the flexsteel parkway swivel glider for T in a chocolate brown. Going to move that to the baby room and get T the exact same chair in a dark blue. I absolutely love this chair. It is so comfortable but is compact and doesn't look like baby furniture. We will probably move one to our office and the other to a family room when the boys grow out of them.

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Thanks @winniebee:. It appears that I might have procrastinated too long on a chair. DH really likes a Little Castle chair but BBB told us 16-18 weeks. That's not going to work out well!

I might have to go by the local store that sells flexsteel and see what sort of time frames they have.

32. winniebee

@MamaG: the store here said 60-90 days but if I recall, last time it was about 60 days.

33. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MamaG: We got our glider from PBK and we LOVE it. I don't remember the name but it's the largest one they sell. My hubby is over 6 feet tall and it works perfectly for us. I think it does take a few months since you choose fabric, etc...

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

We have this crib ordered and delivering it next week
    I am debating between the dresser that goes with it (top photo) and another one that babies r us sells (bottom photo) that is $100 cheaper....does it look like it will math? They don't have a sample in store to compare! WWYD?

35. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@FaithFertility: I like the bottom one!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@magnolia: me too and that is the cheaper one

37. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

DH put the crib together and I painted the dresser. I am so happy that things are finally coming together!

38. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@whenoceansrise: Nice work. I like thd color scheme. It's got a retro vibe.

39. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

We haven't put anything together. The only thing I have done is hung some art on the wall. We live in a one bedroom so everything is just piled in a corner of the living room....

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: ohhhh I love the white and wood!!!! Looking great!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee