Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@josina: I found the first two weeks were probably the hardest as I fed her so often. I'm also not opposed to screen time; she sits next to me and we talk about what we're watching/sing song together. Baby wearing is definitely huge for us... K2 is in my wrap most of the day

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@josina: It's so hard to keep the older one happy with around the clock nursing for the little one. I'm predicting a lot of screentime in our future once #3 comes Oh - well... just one season of our / their lives.

3. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

So after a week home with the flu K was finally back in daycare today! Of course dh was feeling worse and went to the hospital to discover he now has double pneumonia! Thankfully my mil was able to be with him today and offered to watch K tonight.... But it's been quite a week and will continue to be!

4. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: what is double pneumonia?! That sounds awful! Must have been so crazy in the house!

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Ohhh my goodness!!! I am so Sorry!

6. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: basically it just means pneumonia in both lungs.

@snowjewelz: @FaithFertility: and thank you! Of course driving home from the hospital I was in a minor car accident. Everyone is fine and there's just minor damage to my bumper. Thankfully-ish I only had J in the car with me since my mil had K. Of course the car is brand new since we just replaced our flooded cars and doesn't even have a permanent liscense plate yet. When it rains it sure pours around here!

7. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: oyy for sure. I hope everyone has a better week ahead!

8. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@miss ariel: man! hope DH recovers quickly, and glad to hear the car accident was just minor. if bad things come in 3s, i think you're tapped out for awhile

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: Man sorry! Glad you all are OK!!!!

Currently on Bus with 50 6 yr olds to the zoo!!!! Sounds like a circus! 😉😂

10. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@KayKay: @Winniebee: Glad I'm not the only one who relies on screen time then!
    @MrsF: You're right, just one season of our lives.
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I will add playdoh and kinetic sand to my shopping list. We do paint but E likes to paint himself, not the paper, so that only works when I can give him a bath after, lol.

@Miss Ariel: oh man, awful luck!! So sorry and glad it was just a minor accident, but what a bummer!!
    @FaithFertility: lol. You're amazing, not sure I could handle that.

11. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mrsf: exactly that! there are definitely days/weeks/seasons of our life (and...you know, actual seasons like summer!) when we spend tons of time outdoors, hardly watch any screens, and i'm a super patient, happy, available, engaged mommy. and then there are times when it's cold, gets dark at 430, we have a newborn, and sickness drags on for a week....and well, we watch more tv than i care to admit! it all evens out

12. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@faithfertility: you are living my nightmare hahaha

13. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Haha I can imagine! Hope the kids have fun!

@josina: I don't mind as much if she is playing games on the iPad since it's more "interactive"!

@KayKay: I so agree! I totally feel like a better mom during the summer too! Right now when I have to get two of them out myself and do the jackets and turn on the car in advance and layers and blah blah... Then I sometimes forget to put on a jacket myself!

14. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: Yup - exactly. Especially since it snowed today AND Jack has a fever. We watched mickey mouse all morning while he slept in my arms off and on (luckily M had preschool).

I tried to just enjoy the snuggles

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Quiet on here!
    It's hard for me to check to HB my phone never works well on it!

Hope everyone in the snow storms are staying safe!

Anything new?!?
    My little man is growing so quick, but Man G is too!
    Her pretend play is so fun and she now makes up songs in the car! They can get hilarious!!!!
    Babaa black sheep have you any....(pause) chickens...lol and she just cracks up

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: Hi! We didn't get nearly as much snow as expected so that was a relief. It also meant that I didn't have to spend the night at work so yay for that

Glad your two are doing well! J is starting to do a little more pretend play as well. Talking to himself a lot while he is playing (though I usually can't understand what's happening). This morning he kept asking if I wanted him to get more money and bringing me "money" in his dump truck. Usually the pretend play is just him having to play "olaf" to Molly's "elsa" or something else directed by her

So many tantrums the past week or so - usually related to him wanting to do something himself that I've already done and really melting down over that. Typical toddler stuff, I know, although M really didn't ever have some of the typical 2 year old stuff so it's a little new to me

27 weeks pregnant (and damn, this gets harder each time!) and basically feeling 100 years old. Baby seems to be doing great though!

17. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I know I hate HB-ing on my phone!
    K likes to substitute songs too! Like Old Mc Grandma had a farm.. And he has grandpa, auntie, etc lol. And Five Little Kara's Jumping on the Bed! And she has to act out all these songs too. Her imagination/pretend play is so fun to watch!

@MrsF: Ahh 3rd trimester is right around the corner!

First day back to work and first day Kara's in daycare full day!

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: You are so close!!!!!!!!!

@snowjewelz: How is today going?

19. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: It's fine. def not as much stress/anxiety as I had with K! My mom will hold her for naps if she won't stay down.. Not liking the bottle but I know it takes time to adjust so I'm not sweating it. Pumped well... That's all I can really ask for! But it will be more chaotic from now on getting used to new morning routines and also needing to prep more stuff at night! And of course I miss my babies!

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: I hope things are going well with you back to work! I've been thinking of you

21. snowjewelz

@MrsF: Work wise it's fine! Still have to get used to a new morning routine. Helps when DD2 is asleep the whole time like today! It's been hard in the evenings realizing how little time I have to spend with them! I think that's hitting me the hardest.

And we're official sending K to daycare full time 5 days a week almost 8 hrs everyday. This is her first week going 4 days a week full time and SHE LOVES IT. She would not shut up about what happened at school, about teachers, her friends, etc every night during dinner. It's going to be really tight financially, but we def rather send big sister more so we can delay in sending baby sister!

22. snowjewelz

@Adira: How are you dealing with Logan's allergy?

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Awww I am right there with you in the evenings!
    Glad K is loving daycare! G loves Lydia, but I am looking to move her this summer it is so hard, but in long run I think best!
    The place we want her is almost triple $$ and has a waiting list open in May to add her to, so we shall see!

@Adira: I must of missed any new allergies, hope all is well!

24. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@FaithFertility: No worries - I didn't post about it here! Here's allergic to sesame.

@snowjewelz: So far so good, thanks for asking! I haven't actually done anything differently so far. Just gave daycare some info on sesame allergies and his anaphylaxis action plan. But other than that, he's still eating all the same foods he was before. We even went to Dunks and got a plain bagel for him and it was fine.

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Glad it is Ok!

26. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I actually want her to start preschool on time now (even with the nap drama) b/c preschool becomes a tiny bit cheaper!

@Adira: That's great! I mean, it's still not but at least you haven't had to drastically change anything and do more work!

27. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: @faithfertility: E loves to sing "old mcdonald had a toot!" and then fall over laughing to herself

@mrsf: hang in there! you're getting closer!

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: yeah we have been so blessed with her sitter I pay $270 a week for both kiddos!!!!!!!!!! Now G alone would be $225

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: These kids.....lol

30. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Yeah... I was so so so tempted to do in-home too with Kara at first! Now we're gonna be over 1k per month for her and then adding in K2 in the summer But I am even surprised how much she loves school and learning so so so much. Everyday I'm like, you know this?!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: That's awesome! G's sitter is truly like a daycare does the Abecca curriculum with them, but G is getting too big in many ways, and I think like K she will adore it!

32. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@snowjewelz: glad she likes the new schedule!

Ryan is all about toilet humor later. It's "poopy butt" this and "poopy face" that. Lovely!

We are heading back to Taos this week for an extended weekend sans kids! We haven't been back since our move in July 2014 so really excited to see old friends, visit the old haunts, and eat tons of awesome southwestern cuisine I'm 25 weeks now and nothing is really going on at this point - all of my ultrasounds have been normal. I do have BH contractions, but it almost seems less than what I had with R...hard to remember though.

33. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Enjoy trip without kids! That sounds amazing! And I am so glad that everything is progressing smoothly.

34. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@winniebee: have a great trip!

hoping to get back to a more normal routine this week. the last 2-3 weeks have been a combo of vacation, visitors, sickness, and potty training

met some friends at the park for 2h yesterday afternoon -- it was so great to finally be outside for an extended time again! total #momfail though: forgot to bring a change of clothes for E! they have bathrooms at the community building at the park, but it closes at 4 and clearly she didn't have to pee until 430 trying to teach a 2y to squat was...not successful haha she tried, though!

35. snowjewelz

@KayKay: Good sport for trying!

36. winniebee

@KayKay: ahhhh...know it's a long ways away until your littlest trains, but when Tyler trained, it was summer and we would often hold him horizontally in the air and he would pee! The benefits of a penis

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Have a great time! It's so amazing to get away with out kids. We were away for about 24 hours this weekend and even that made a huge difference

@KayKay: Oh man There's always something! Our favorite park has bathrooms that are only sometimes open... ugh. So nice to be outside though! We haven't quite gotten there yet but I'm so eager for spring weather

38. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@winniebee: haha -- good call! i will totally relish being the forgetful mom of 3rd kid then, when it's easy to pee standing up (or horizontal, as the case may be!). until then, i dug out the potette today and hung it next to the strollers.

39. winniebee

@MrsF: thanks! We are going away twice in thee next month (one is work related for my husband) - I feel a little guilty about that second trip but....not really And I'm sure after baby arrives there will be no getaways for a year!

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: No guilt mama! Sounds wonderful and I'd take all I could get. I'm pretty sure our next overnight "alone" will be spent in labor & delivery

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee