Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Adira: I really don't want to be woken up at night for pee sooo they can wear a pull up to bed as long as they want

2. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: That's great news!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yay, hope it continues!

4. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: Hope everyone is feeling better, and Mama you need a Vaca!!!!!!

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

I think we've had a breakthrough with pooping on the potty!!!!! Logan pooped on the potty 4-5 times last week!!! We've been struggling with constipation and early in the week, he was definitely resisting pooping on the potty and then when he would go, he'd complain that it hurt, so we've been giving him more apple juice and less milk to try to help with that, and I definitely think it's been a little easier! This weekend, he even pooped on the potty a couple times without anyone prompting him to do it!! Hallelujah!!!!

6. snowjewelz

@Adira: Fingers crossed this is the end! Go Logan!

7. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Adira: WTG Logan!

We've gotten M to sit on the potty with his diaper on & go poo a few times & this morning he sat with no diaper...slowly making progress. He has a toy he gets to open when he does finally go on it.

8. Adira

@AngelicOne: Fingers crossed M connects the dots and is potty trained soon!

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: I hope that is the beginning of the end!!!!!!

@AngelicOne: Hope it continues!!!

Ladies with boys how did you start?!

Sitting, standing, little potty etc...
    Ughhh....it scares me!!!

10. Adira

@FaithFertility: Little potty, sitting, for both boys. My friend did a seat on the big potty, but I really like using the little potty. I feel like them being able to plant their feet on the floor, especially for pooping, it's really helpful.

11. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: @AngelicOne: Yay for progress!

@FaithFertility: We had a little potty but I'm not sure it ever got used... went to a little seat on the big potty and a step stool. It really clicked for him when he pee'd outside though, he loved pee'ing on the grass! So he has pretty much always stood to pee.

12. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Adira: @FaithFertility: @josina: Thank you! He went pee in it last night before bed because he really wanted to open his toy we got for when he did.

@FaithFertility: M has a couple of sitting potty chairs (1 in our bathroom & 1 in the living room). We've been having him sit on it with clothes on to get used to it. (He hates not being dressed so it's been slow going).

13. snowjewelz

Hope everyone is doing well Can't believe it's Aug already and summer's almost over! We're just trying to get as much pool time in as possible! K decided that she does not like the beach, she only likes the pool so we try to go go every weekend!

I know for some school already started I can't believe K is starting pre-k, though I'm not overly emotional since she's still at the same school.

14. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: I can't believe some of the kiddo's are starting preschool already! Because of the cut off Ethan won't start until next year - which I'm fine with, I don't want my little man to grow up so fast!!

We just got back from vacation in Omaha, of course Ethan was up at 3 am the first night sounding really croupy/short of breath, so we had to take him to urgent care at 7 am - he had a congested right lung. He was his normal self though by morning so we still had a great trip.
    He did say his favorite part was the hotel pool though, lol. We can do that at home!

15. snowjewelz

@josina: Hey, as long as it's after the trip! Hahah, seriously you go all this way and do all these things and their favorite things are always the most random stuff!

It's crazy to me that even in the county I live in, all the districts have different cut-offs. I kind of wish we cut off earlier so I don't even have to make the decision to redshirt or not. K's doing really well but I'm going to be working with her teacher and observing her closely. Academically I know she's fine but I want to make sure she's socially/emotionally ready too.

16. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Nope, it happened first day OF vacation, but I'll take that since he acted perfectly fine over throwing up/ the flu!

Here they have to be age 4 as of September 15th to start preschool.

17. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@snowjewelz: @josina: K is technically starting PreK now. However based on our cutoff (September 30 I think) she’ll wind up needing a second year before she can start Kindergarten.

18. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@josina: M's going to have to wait to start school too. Cutoff here is 5 by Sept 1st. Also, K isn't mandatory here .

@snowjewelz: It's summer til like Oct here so, no cooling down any time soon for us. I'll be glad when it does because wants to live at the park.

19. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We will do two years of preK here as well cut off is 9/1 so two more years until Kinder. I’m so tired of paying for care. 😫

20. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: So there's no public K?
    I love summer but we're getting into the muggy part and mosquito-ly part of summer! Trying to make the best out of it but I'm kind of looking forward to fall too!

@MamaG: Ugh, I know! DD2 has a 12/20 birthday and I'm really gonna have to watch her and see if she'll be better off repeating! But paying for 2 is really a killer.

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Hope everyone is well!!!

G is in pre-school this year and loving EVERY SECOND!

We have cut off for Pre-K and VPK Sept 26th so she will do that next year before K!

AJ too since his beat is in Oct
    Which will make them 2 grades apart

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Ughhhh yes! I'm writing a $620 check for G monthly and $145 for AJ weekly.....blahhhh! And I know that is cheap compared to some areas, but on a teacher and LEO salary it cuts deep!

23. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@FaithFertility: We're doing good. Glad G likes school. DS says he wants to go to school, so we'll probably put in him preschool next year. He can't start K until 6 anyways due to his bday. He is potty training finally (though it's bad timing as we go on vacation in 2 weeks )

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@AngelicOne: Yay to PT!

25. snowjewelz

I'm still kind of in disbelief that this is K's last year at her school that she has been in since she was 10 months

I already have on my calendar to fill out kinder census in Dec and kinder registration is in Jan

26. Adira

@snowjewelz: What! K starts Kindergarten next year??? Logan still has two years before he starts Kinder!

27. snowjewelz

@Adira: We don't cut off till 12/31. This whole cut off thing is just so crazy to me. Even within the county I live in, every district does a different thing! So far from observing her in pre-school she is on track, so unless any red flags come up this year, she's going! My other K2 has a 12/20 birthday so I'm probably going to be watching her more closely to make sure she is ready, or I'm totally willing to redshirt her.

28. Adira

@snowjewelz: Oh wow. Our cut-off is September 30th, so both kids will be well into 5 before they start Kinder (Xander started today).

29. snowjewelz

@Adira: I think that's great! I mean, by the time you're in middle/high school it doesn't really make a difference anymore. One of my closest friend was in the same grade as me but a full year older (she had end of Oct bday, I had early Nov).

30. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yeah, it won't really matter in the long run, except for when they are allowed to drive, haha!

31. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yeah, I never took the driver's ed with school and just took private lessons later on. I think my parents were happy that I couldn't drive as early haha! And I got rides from friends that could anyway!

And I was the last person on earth to turn 21 in college (I wasn't even 21 when I graduated), but all small things

32. Adira

@snowjewelz: hahahaha

33. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Our goal is to have K in public school next year. We have a unique Pre-K offering and hope she will get in. So this might be our last full year of daycare.

On another note, K got ahold of the scissors this weekend and chopped her hair. It needs to be fixed professionally. I hate that she's going to have short hair (shoulder length, plus bangs!). I haven't been able to get over it and it's been since Saturday. It's just hair!

On a positive note, she's now in PreK and wearing uniforms. Its gone so much better than I anticipated. And I personally think she looks stinkin' cute in her little plaid jumpers.

34. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I am so freaking excited about this last year of full time daycare lol. I found out kinder after-care is only $6 per hour and she really only needs 1 hour per day!

I saw you post about that!! Aww, it IS just hair but I understand why you're so upset!

35. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Hi everyone! It's been awhile and birthdays are coming up!
    Anyone party planning yet? We're hosting my family for Thanksgiving so will celebrate E's birthday after dinner, and will host DH's side for a party on the Saturday after.
    Ethan requested a motorcyle-4wheeler-dinosaur party, so here's what I came up with for the invite...
    I think the cake will be chocolate frosting with 'dirt' (crushed up candy/cookies) ... TBD on how I combine the motorcycle/dinosaurs for that.

36. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@josina: Fun theme! You could get some little plastic dinosaurs and motorcycles to put in the "dirt" on the cake. Maybe they could be racing on some sort track?

DD asked for basically the same party as last - Daniel Tiger theme. Thankfully I kept about 90% of the decorations I made, so it will be really easy. She also wants the exact same food as last year, a macaroni and cheese bar. It was a big hit with our families so I'm happy to do it again. We are doing one more year of a family only party, and now we live near them so I expect even more of them will show up. DD will be at preschool on her actual birthday so she can celebrate with her friends then.

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@catgirl: Last year's theme was dinosaur so we're not far from it either! I've got tons of dinosaurs to use but need to buy some little dirt bikes to go with. I was thinking maybe Jurassic World with Owen and Blue, or doing the bikes on the dirt track and somehow having a dinosaur destroying it, lol. Should be fun either way!

Definitely helps when their tastes don't change!

38. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

I actually booked our party today! It’s the first year we haven’t just invited friends to our house and the first year we’ll be inviting school friends. We booked an inflatable playground where there are a ton of various thing to jump or slide on.

I’ll need to order invitations and cake but other than that they’ll take care of the rest

39. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@josina: Cute! M has requested a Paw Patrol cake, so that's ordered. It's always just us, so no worrying about decorating much or anything.

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@josina: Sounds like a blast - and the invite is perfect

Jack's birthday is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We'll just be having family to celebrate. I *really* hope that it's closer to fall weather than winter weather and that we can get outside a bit. Jack loves sports more than anything else and always says that he wants to play baseball with all of his family on a baseball field. So if possible I'll do a little decorating our elementary school field and have people meet us over there to play ball for a bit.

Other than that he wants this cake that he "visits" every time we're at the grocery store that has candy on it. I was thinking about re-creating it but truthfully I'll probably just buy it. It's a busy time of year

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee