Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

Still no real symptoms except a bit tired, though I wake up early every am and can't fall back asleep! Hoping o continue to feel good through a work trip at the end of this week-not ready to share with coworkers. I just got the mother load of hand me down maternity clothes. I am kind of excited to possibly show earlier with #2 and wear cute summer maternity clothes! How was everyone's weekend?

2. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@AprilFool: I have started daily Lovnox shots (which my husband has to give me because I hate shots), and the high risk doc says he thinks with that and baby asprin I should be able to carry baby to term. Honestly, I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I know how badly things can end... but for now, doing the shots, taking care of myself, and trying not to worry. I see my new OB in a couple of weeks and hopefully will see baby on US. We did a US last week but only saw sac.

3. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@Honeygold89: I'm so sorry you're going through this again. Wishing you strength and healing during this difficult time.

@maybebaby: I'm also weirdly excited to show earlier with number 2! Right now I have a bloat bump, but I can't wait for it to turn into a baby bump because bloat bumps just don't feel as cool. haha

4. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@LulaBee: I'm thinking of you and hoping it turns out well. And I hope you like the new OB.

5. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Honeygold89: I'm so sorry I think it's good you are changing to a new midwife. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts for you

6. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

I've been away a few days so I missed a bit. Had a hard time going back to respond to everyone on my phone but congrats too the new mamas joining us! Exciting to get to know you all!

7. sotofamilia

kiwi / 612 posts

@Honeygold89: I'm sorry for your loss and that this is happening again to you...I hope you get some answers soon.

Congrats to the new moms joining!

@maybebaby: I am SO excited to start showing with #2! I'm only 5-6 weeks along and I swear I have a bump starting.

As for me, I'm nervous about waiting until 8 weeks for the dating ultrasound. I feel like that's a long time to wait to find out if everything is going ok...rationally, I know everything is probably ok, but I always worry.

Do most people have appointments earlier than later, or is 8 weeks common?

8. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@sotofamilia: I won't have an apt until 9 weeks and I don't even think they do a dating US then! With my first I got an US at 7w4d.

9. Foodnerd81

@sotofamilia: I'll be a little over 8 weeks for my first appt too, and was for my last one too. I actually wanted to make it at the later end of their window (8-10 weeks) to increase the chance of hearing a heartbeat- though with my first I wanted to get in as soon as physically possible. And I won't get an US until the 12 week scan, especially since I'm sure of my dates.

10. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@sotofamilia: My first appointment is @8.5 weeks, and I was told there won't be an ultrasound or even an attempt to hear the heartbeat. Not sure what will happen, since I *just* had my annual.

11. Mamabear2

apple seed / 2 posts

EDD: 12/22/2015

How far along: 4 weeks tomorrow!

First child? Second

First doctor appointment: 5/14/15

Any symptoms so far? None

Who have you told? Only my husband

12. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@maybebaby: I am waking up early too but am using it for a little me time before everyone else gets up.

@LulaBee: I am glad you have a plan. Good luck with the new OB. Will be hoping for the best for the next 9 months.

@sotofamilia: Things work a bit differently in Australia. Early appt with GP just to confirm pregnancy and then they book you into the hospital where you usually have your first visit around 12 weeks. Am hoping to having a dating scan around 7.5 weeks but have to see if the GP will write the referral first.

@lady baltimore: Probably just paperwork, maybe take some bloods.

13. LittleMissKeiko

coffee bean / 30 posts

@sotofamilia: Similar situation to April Fool. Had blood test to confirm pregnancy and hCG levels at 4.3 weeks and booked in to see my OB at 7 weeks.

14. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@lady baltimore: No attempt to hear the heartbeat at 8.5 weeks? I'm surprised by that. I know it's still early, but I thought they would at least try.

15. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@sotofamilia: My first we had an US just before 8 weeks and saw the baby and the heartbeat. This time we had it early because of the loss and I wish we had waited honestly. Not seeing much was hard and waiting for the next US is taking forever!

@Mamabear2: Congrats! Welcome to the group!

16. sotofamilia

kiwi / 612 posts

@maybebaby: @Foodnerd81: @AprilFool: @HappyBluebird: thanks for your feedback guys....with my first, I had blood work and an ultrasound between 6-7 weeks, which was reassuring. But it sounds like it's normal to wait until 8-10 weeks, for a higher chance to hear the heartbeat. And it's not like it's that far away, even though it feels like an eternity - my appt is April 28, so only two weeks.

@Mamabear2: welcome and congrats!

@lady baltimore: whoa, no ultrasound or heartbeat? I'm with @skipper2010: I thought they at least try.

17. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@skipper2010: @sotofamilia: That's what the receptionist said (I called to ask about what to expect, as DH was trying to decide whether to come). I'm hoping maybe she just didn't want to promise anything. We were planning to tell our parents after that first appointment - I'd love to have some kind of "confirmation" before we do.

18. Foodnerd81

@lady baltimore: @sotofamilia: @skipper2010: with my first they tried using the Doppler to hear a heartbeat at 8 weeks, but warned me that they probably wouldn't be able to hear anything and that it didn't mean anything was wrong. They were right- didn't hear anything and she turned out fine. I asked when I booked my appt if they were more likely to hear it closer to ten and the receptionist said probably not- so Dh isn't going to come.

19. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

Hi ladies! So glad to be joining a group this time around

EDD: 12/19/2015
    How far along: 4 weeks!

First child? 2nd--DD is 22 months
    First doctor appointment: I have an appointment to confirm today...really going to push for an earlier ultrasound. My dr didn't do it until 13 weeks last time!

Any symptoms so far? Nothing over the top. My digestive track is wayyy wonky but I can deal with that. I had pretty bad MS with R so I am hoping to avoid the bad stuff. Oh yeah, I'm also super bloated, way more than I was with R.
    Who have you told? Husband, parents, and one good friend who was TTC too!

20. sotofamilia

kiwi / 612 posts

@Mrs. Taco: congratulations!!

21. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@Mrs. Taco: welcome!!

22. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mamabear2: Welcome! @AprilFool: That's true, it's been nice to drink a hot cup of (half caf) coffee before LO gets up! @Mrs. Taco: welcome! when is your LO's birthday? my son is 22 mo too!

23. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

Welcome to the newest ladies who joined! And I'm so sorry to the ones who have left!

Sorry I've been MIA the past week or so. MS hit me last Monday and it hasn't been enjoyable. My doctor recommended Unisom and B6 and that has helped!
    My symptoms seem to come in waves. I'll feel great for a few hours, then crappy/half sick to my stomach, then I get a killer headache. It's making work pretty difficult. And I never know what to eat!

How's everyone else feeling?
    Has anyone planned how/when you're going to announce?

24. Foodnerd81

@Mrs. Taco: welcome and congrats!!

I'm starting to look back and realize some things that are probably symptoms- all last week I was very bloated, especially at night, and I kept saying "I don't know why I'm so tired!" I also have zero patience lately which I would rather say is the pregnancy than me just being impatient with my toddler.

@Berly: not sure about announcements- I have a family wedding in early June when I will be just about 12 weeks. I think I can hide the not drinking pretty easily (I'm attending without DH and C will be with a babysitter, so it's not like I could get drunk anyway). But I'm wondering if I'll be showing already. I probably won't have results from the 12 week us though. So yeah, not sure.

25. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Mrs. Taco: Congrats and Welcome!

@Berly: Ugh MS has hit me the last few days. Glad to see something helped even just a little. I bought some mint life savers and lemon sparkling water and that seems to be helping a bit.

We won't tell until after our 12 week scan. I'm not sure if we'll do anything elaborate to tell or just get our immediate families together for dinner or a cookout since the weather will be nicer. Have you made any plans about telling the big news?

26. Nyxee

apple seed / 3 posts

I haven't posted much here at HB, but am super excited to join this thread!

EDD: 12/15/2015

How far along: 5 weeks today!

First child? Yes.

First doctor appointment: 4/17/215, but they said it would just be an education appointment, I don't know exactly what that means. My first physical appointment, where it sounds like they will do an ultrasound, is not until 5/18/15. I will be one day before 10 weeks, and I am kind of bummed that I will be waiting so long.

Any symptoms so far? I was peeing a ton last week, but it has kind of died down. Now I have a tiny bit of nausea occasionally, nothing that is bothering me too much yet.

Who have you told? My husband and his immediate family. I am planning on telling my mom when I see her this weekend.

27. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

@Honeygold89: gosh, i'm so sorry you're going through this.

@Mrs. Taco: @NYXEE: welcome & congrats!

M/S (mostly nausea) hit pretty hard last Thursday and has been a pretty constant state of being since. Ugh. I've tried ginger ale & 7-up and snacking on saltines. It helps OK but nothing really takes the edge off. Has anyone had any luck with the B6 + Unisom? I'm seriously considering stopping at Target after work to pick some up.

I plan on waiting until the very end of first trimester/beginning of 2nd to announce which will put me at mid-May. I will have had one if not 2 u/s by that point so hoping everything is looking good. I'm hosting a friend's baby shower on the 17th so hoping to keep it under wraps until that event is over.

28. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Nyxee: welcome! Congratulations!

29. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

*Waves* Hi! Very nervously joining this thread. We tried for over a year to get pregnant with our son, with a chemical and a miscarriage. This one only took 2 cycles, so I'm really nervous it won't stick...

But I've had a terrible few months, and I'm turning 30 on Saturday, so I'm trying to be hopeful that I'm going to open my 30's with a bang (pun intended

EDD: Dec 24th (yikes!)

How far along: Um...3w5d (had to look it up!)

First child? Nope, we have a very rambunctious 2.5 year old son named Evan.

First doctor appointment: I haven't called yet. My period is due on Thursday so I'm going to wait until after that to call.

Any symptoms so far? Diarrhea off and on for a few days, weird hot flashes, and really tired (but that's not at all unusual for me). Sinus headache for two days, and lots of sneezing (but it's mid-April...). And acne. Like a 14 year old.

Who have you told? My mom, BFF, work wives, and the bee (I had a serious squinter this morning and didn't trust my eyes). I'll tell D tonight.

30. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@maybebaby: 6/6, what about your DS?

@Foodnerd81: I've also blamed my lack of patience on pregnancy since I got a BFP but yeah, it's my opinionated DD.

@Berly: I think we'll do an announcement on social media after our first ultrasound (not until 13 weeks, boo!) but we'll tell people before that (mainly family, close friends, and a few coworkers. I didn't tell any family until 12 weeks with my DD and friends until 20 weeks but for some reason this time I want to share. I am aware of what can happen but I guess I'm just more relaxed about sharing?

@lovehoneybee: Happy to see you here!

Had my first appt today where my doc confirmed that my first ultrasound won't be until the NT scan at 13 weeks (her reasoning was that many insurances only cover 2 or medically necessary ones which mine wouldn't be). She did make my next appt at 8 weeks to "hopefully hear the heartbeat". I am SO tempted to go to a local 3D ultrasound place earlier just to see the little bean!

31. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@Foodnerd81: Hope you won't be showing too much by the wedding! Maybe look for a new dress that hides the stomach area?

@HappyBluebird: So sorry you're dealing with MS! I hope it doesn't end up getting worse.

DH and I plan to tell our parents and siblings soon after our first appointment which is 4/24. I'll be 8 weeks then. My mom's birthday and mother's day are soon after the appointment so those dates might be options. I think we'll start telling close friends after that. The "big" social media announcement will be after 12 weeks.

DH seems to think whichever set of parents we tell second will be upset. I selfishly want to tell mine first! It's been really hard not calling my mom to complain about how miserable I've been feeling.

@Nyxee: Congrats!!

32. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@shortiecake: I started unisom and b6 last Wednesday. It has helped! I was throwing up, feeling sick all day, lightheaded, feel like I'd pass out, and getting headaches. My symptoms have definitely decreased. Keep in mind it took a few days for it to kick in.

@lovehoneybee: Congrats! Happy early birthday!

@Mrs. Taco: That's a bummer you have to wait so long for your first US. Thanks for reminding me to find out what all my insurance covers! Can't they normally find a heartbeat by 8 weeks?

33. Foodnerd81

@Berly: I will probably have told my immediate family before then anyway- just don't want to be stealing thunder at the wedding. And I was going to look for a new dress since the one I was thinking of wearing might make me look pregnant... So its perfect as long as my boobs don't grow too much!

34. Foodnerd81

@Berly: how are you taking the unisom and b6? Just at night? I tried it once or twice with C and never felt it helped but I wasn't good about taking it. Feel totally fine so far but last time MS kicked in hard at 6 weeks.

35. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Mamabear2: @Nyxee: Welcome!

@lovehoneybee: So you got the Christmas baby!

@Mrs. Taco: Good to see you join. It is so hard waiting for an ultrasound.

@sotofamilia: They won't even try and find the heartbeat here until my first hospital appt at about 14 weeks since I am going through the public hospital.

@Mrs. Taco: @Foodnerd81: My poor husband has copped my lack of patience, not the toddler.

@Berly: We will probably tell our parents on Mothers day if we have had an ultrasound by then. Last time we told our parents on the same day so they knew within hours of each other and no one could feel slighted. I didn't make a social media announcement last time and probably won't again this time. For some reason this time around I want to tell people even less. Maybe once the morning sickness hits it will be harder to hide.

36. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@Foodnerd81: I was told to take 50mg of B6 three times a day and half a tablet of Unisom with my nightly dose of B6. It took a couple days of taking it consistently before I noticed a difference.

37. hummusgirl

persimmon / 1233 posts

Yo yo yo - glad to be joining.

EDD: Dec. 4ish, I think

How far along: 6 weeks

First child? No, I have a 2.5-year-old son

First doctor appointment: April 28

Any symptoms so far? Yes, I feel like garbage! Nauseous, food aversions, tired all the time. I really hate this part and was hoping it wouldn't start so early.

Who have you told? Husband, a few friends because it was obvious when I wasn't drinking recently. I'm tempted to tell work because it seems so clear (to me) I'm not on my A game but will try to hold out until at least 12 weeks.

38. Truth Bombs

grapefruit / 4321 posts

Just had my first ultrasound. Baby measured 6w4d which is exactly on target with my O date, and the heartbeat was 122. Phew.

39. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@hummusgirl: Welcome!

@Truth Bombs: Yay for a good US!

40. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@hummusgirl: Welcome!

@Truth Bombs: That's awesome! Yay for strong heartbeats

So I called the local 4D ultrasound place and they do an early ultrasound to see the little one and heartbeat for $40. Would you do it if you knew you wouldn't get an ultrasound until 13 weeks or would you just wait?

Also, sidenote, my doctor put my due date at 12/21 (which is 40 weeks + 2 from my LMP). I asked her why that is two days later than all the online calculators and she said "oh, I just use the old school circle chart so it may be a little different". I know this is NBD but I'd like to believe this baby will be here way before Christmas! Seeing a "20" number just worried me. Time will tell!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee