Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Here comes the afternoon nausea... Ugh.

2. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Same! Except I'm in the opposite boat where I remember everything with LO and I feel like none of this feels like it did - or, none of this feels like labor with her - so I'm half expecting to miss signs because they're different this time around.

Hope your nausea is short-lived today.. or at least is productive!

Went for a long walk earlier, the rain here finally broke and we have a cold front coming so today was GORGEOUS outside. Felt like I had braxton hicks contractions the whole time, lots of pressure, nothing regular or that continued when I came home. Still have good movement though, and am just thinking about Friday with positive vibes (I'll be 40+5, same as when LO came). Appointment tomorrow at 4pm. I made it for the end of the day thinking I might still be working but am wishing it was earlier now that I'm not! I'm thinking I'll have my midwife do a check to see where I'm at and will try not to get discouraged if it's minimal progress. The double-edged sword of the checks!

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: I have an appointment tomorrow at 11am. Funny thing about checks - I was 1cm day before I had DD so they mean little! I just keep reminding myself of that.

4. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yep! I was 2 cm at 39 weeks and the same at 40+4 before having LO the next day! It's just SO HARD not to let your brain play the usual tricks or read into things.

Just like I've been telling myself and everyone that I will go past 40 weeks, that LO came 'late', that 'babies do what they do', and all of that for the last 9 months I can't help but feel kind of impatient at this point since I feel SO READY.

5. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@LindsayInNY: beginning of pregnancy and end of pregnancy, all the symptom spotting! What are you watching? I hope the nausea goes away quickly!

@lindseykaye: I really hope you go into labor before or by Friday!

@mrsmom how are you and baby???

OB confirmed my hemorrhoids, at least 3. Not bad enough to do anything about and when he poked at them? Owwwww. I'm almost 3cm and very thinned out so he thinks the induction should go well. He said if I come in early as they hope, I should have a baby by late afternoon. Eeeee!!

6. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Thank you!! I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow hoping all is smooth and quick and your sweet baby arrives safely!

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Good luck!!

8. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: @lindseykaye: thanks. I'm getting really nervous. I'm reading all of the induction posts on here, hoping for the best.

9. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

Good luck @mediagirl!

Brodie is here after a crazy induction! Hubby and I went for a walk to try to turn him from back to back (in hospital while I was at 2cm), got locked out the ward and I ended up giving birth in a random bathroom unmedicated I ended up with the head in my hands myself - terrifying!

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Emmalina: omg! What a wild tale you have to tell now. What did the hospital staff say? How did you finally get rescued?

11. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@Emmalina:
    WHAT? so glad all is well and what an eventful birth story for your little one! Congratulations to you all and just.. wow!

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Emmalina: OMG!!

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I went to a meeting last night. Had been having some nauseousness beforehand. Got there just after 7. By 7:30-8, I was so uncomfortable - crotch nerve pain, back pain. I went home. Was up almost hourly between 1 and 5am with liquid diarrhea, nauseousness and feeling like I would vomit (but never did). Still feel like garbage and still nauseous . It’s almost like a food poisoning feeling or something. Have a usual OB appt at 11 this morning so we’ll see.

14. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

@yellowbeach @lindsaykaye @lindsayinny OMG indeed! I am the least natural birth person I know so it was a total surprise. As I felt the head my husband went running for help and managed to get help as the head came out. Our midwife was so shocked as they wheeled us back in - she'd been prepping my epidural as she hadn't expected the baby to come for hours.

Hoping to hear of some more babies soon!

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Still 1cm. 70-80% effaced (compared to 50% last week) and baby moved from -2 to -1. OB wasn’t overly concerned about my overnight stomach/bowel issues. We scheduled non-stress and fluid check for Monday but she thinks something is brewing so hopefully I don’t need it.

16. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Progress is good! Glad you had some positive news at your appointment today

Had mine this afternoon and ended up having my midwife check me and then elected for a sweep. I’m 2-3 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. All normal and where she would expect me to be without being in labor. My cervix is naturally very posterior so she was a able to sort of pull it forward a bit during the sweep which we are hoping will encourage more dilation and better decent for the baby. Still just a waiting game but very optimistic.
    I’ve actually been having stronger BH contractions this evening that are semi regular but they still don’t feel like labor did last time and aren’t what I would consider painful at all - just lots of pressure. Fingers crossed they turn into something good!

17. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Emmalina: wow that had to be very scary! Glad everyturned out ok.

18. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Sorry I’ve been MIA, it’s been kind of crazy and the recovery process for this c section seems a lot harder than last time.

Baby was born on 12/3 at 1:19pm 7.1lbs 19.5in. Had a lot of anxiety during the csection and was very emotional. All went well and baby boy is healthy and happy. He looks just like DS1 except he got my dimple chin 😍. I should hopefully be released tomorrow morning as long as baby is doing well. He’s lost quite. A bit of weight due to my milk being delayed.

First picture as a family of 4.

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: awwww! Congratulations momma!

20. mediagirl

Baby girl is here. Delivered by emergency c-section after 1.5 hours of pushing. Her head was jammed into my side and not moving. I trust my OB and she did an amazing job. I am. Just glad she's safe and sound. Tomorrow her big sis comes to meet her!

21. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: congratulations!! Although it wasn’t you plan, I’m glad it turned out ok.

22. mediagirl

@MrsMom: congrats to you! Beautiful family photo.

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMom: @mediagirl: Congrats mamas!!!!

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mediagirl: congratulations momma,I know it didn't go to plan, but I'm glad everyone is ok.

25. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: @mediagirl: Oh sweet babies! Congratulations to you both on their safe arrivals. Hope you’re both settling into things okay and recoveries are smooth for you mamas.

26. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: @mrsmom: @emmalina: Congratulations!! So excited for you all.

Can’t wait to see more babies make their arrivals!

27. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

@mrsmom @mediagirl Congrats!!

Any names? How are the siblings reacting?

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

40+5 today and no labor signs to speak of.
    My contractions stopped after going to bed Wednesday so it seems they were just reactionary to the membrane strip. It was encouraging before but now it just kind of feels like a tease!

I don’t really *need* to go in today (no discomfort, good movement as usual, etc) but my midwife said if things didn’t get started by today I could come in to listen to the baby and get checked again if I wanted. It partly feels silly/selfish but then again I’m going crazy over here. Sigh. Just ready to meet her.

29. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

Even better! Now our primary family to watch LO1 during labor all have colds and has family coming to town today to stay over the weekend - so we are starting the chain of texts for backup friend availabilities. We have backups at least but man, not what I wanted to be doing this morning.

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I’m just ready right now. Not uncomfortable or anything per se. But all of the logistics for DD is hard and a weekend is even harder. Come on baby!

31. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Same! Trying to find the positives with all the waiting and the new need to rearrange plans because family #2 informed us that their youngest was up all night vomiting and the older (LO’s BFF) is home from school with a sore throat today so they’re out too.

1) At least we know now they’re all sick so we didn’t have LO with them while getting sick but not aware of it.
    2) It’s easier for my in-laws to come up faster on the weekend so that they can take over watching LO for whoever local we end up with.

That’s all I can think of right now There is still a longer list of downsides to the timing but I just want her to come so I don’t even care about them.

Getting an US at 11:30 and a visit with my midwives after. I still feel impatient and like I’m probably wasting my and everyone’s time (and likely $ on an extra ultrasound) but whatever. Cried for like an hour last night dreading going to bed because I knew I would wake up and still not be in labor.. and again this morning over all the rearrangements with LO’s care plans.

This weird “post-due but not even *that* late” stage is just emotionally draining. I wish I could enjoy this time more, I want to be more grateful things are healthy, I want to trust my body more, I want to be less annoyed at all the excited and we’ll meaning loved ones checking in. Maybe I’ll get there.. appreciating that I can say hi to her shortly and go into the weekend with better peace of mind.

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: With DD, I went into labor overnight with no signs beforehand. So I think that’s what keeps me going. I know one day I’m going to wake up and not be pregnant anymore lol. But that has yet to happen! 😉 But I hear ya on all of that.

33. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: I went into labor overnight last time too and am just trying to remember it could be in an hour or in a week but it will happen. I think last night I was just so defeated and cynical.

Had a great appt today. Very glad I went in just to talk through things and also get some good reassurance that all is well in there for her. Good fluid levels, good heartbeat, good movement and breathing. Still at 2-3 cm and 50% effaced. She’s a bit lower than earlier this week and my cervix has stayed less posterior than it was.

Walked for another hour today, inflated my yoga ball some and sat on that starting a 500-piece puzzle with LO. That should at least keep me busy while we all wait! And if I go another week we have another 500-piecer waiting in the box set

34. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: I'm sorry you're struggling emotionally. Waiting is the hardest part. I wish we didn't have to induce at 39 weeks now with the issues we found with R. It's frustrating wondering what could have been. I'll explain more when I'm more coherant someday...

I hope you can get some good care lined up and have thud baby soon. 🤞

35. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: @LindsayInNY: Sorry you both are having such a hard time with not progressing like you would want. Waiting is so hard and I couldn’t imagine what waiters nag for labor must feel like. Hugs to you both ❤

@mediagirl: I hope it’s nothing too serious. Thinking of you ❤

36. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Well we were discharged Thursday 12/6 and didn’t finalize the name until that morning. I think all the nurses cheered when we finally brought out the paperwork LOL. We named him Levi Michael and it seems to fit him 😍

He already had his first appointment Friday (due to weight loss they wanted to see him the next day) and he’s a healthy boy. We did get confirmation that he has “cupped ears” which we could tell right when he was born. My dad and brother also had this and when they were around 7 had them “pinned” back. (We called them dumbo ears 😆) We will also have to keep an eye out for a chest “dip” as he gets older as my dad and brother also have that along with the ears (it doesn’t appear until age 6-8). I’m not really upset about it since it’s genetic and we knew it’s a possibility, I just didn’t really think my kids would have it since I don’t. I guess this little takes after mommy’s side a little more. He does have my adorable dinmple chin 😍

37. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Thanks is for the good thoughts - I’m sending hem back for Baby R too
    There’s so much uncertainty both ways - early or late, inducing or waiting, and absolutely no way to know what would happen with the other outcome and allll the room to worry and doubt. Just sending you love on that front.

@MrsMom: Oh goodness what a sweet boy. Glad you were able to pick a name! Such a hard decision and it suits him perfectly

38. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

@MrsMom: What a cutie! And great name..
    Not sure if you are aware but there are non surgical ear treatments avaliable that you can use now to prevent pinning - my oldest had stickyout ears and we had a lot of success with them - Google earbuddies

@mediagirl wishing you the best xx

39. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Emmalina: Thanks for the info. We’re going to watch them for a while and see how bad they are. It’s mostly one side that’s pretty cupped. We’ll see a ENT for a consult when he’s a little older. I didn’t know there were other options because the dr told us nothing else would work. Thank you!
    Marfan syndrome runs in the family so these are all signs of it that only seem to show up in some of the men in our family. 🤷‍♀️

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Getting antsy over here. I was convinced this baby would be early but no such luck. I went to bed also convinced I was having sporadic contractions. But here I am, still pregnant.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee