Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Sprout isn’t free is it? When will your OB see you? The constant betas would drive me nuts. What do they want to do from here?

2. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: They’re acting like there’s something somewhere!

Just left my OB. They confirmed my pregnancy in all of 2min with a urine test. I took my betas with me. She said shady grove is acting like it’s an ectopic. Because they gave misdiagnosis. She is calling them Monday. She also ordered her own ultrasound. Said all my betas have been normal. Every single one. Should’ve stopped at second one that was 36. They’re trying to cover their asses.

She disagrees with them that I’m not 5 weeks. Gave me December 4 due date and I’m 5w3d. Has no concerns it’s ectopic but now that they’ve cried ectopic she has to do her due diligence and monitor me closely . She also gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her anytime if I have any anxiety or concerns. If I have bleeding or cramping call her and go to ER.

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: It was worth it! I don’t remember how much but I bought it with M.

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dc yoga bee: I'm glad you found a provider that seems honest and accessible. Sounds like she's a keeper. That app looks pretty tempting, too...

5. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: yes I love her! They delivered my first. Funny enough, I’m not going with them for this baby. I was just able to get in with her and trust her completely. I’m going with the other big midwife practice in town that I live closer to now. Old practice is 10 miles from my job but hot damn that took 40min. And they deliver at the old hospital. No air conditioning and ants. It was awful in late May. The new practice delivers at the brand new hospital. Soaking tubs in each room (no intention to use but still) and it’s just niiice.

We went to the new hospital’s ER for my daughter when she had a 106 fever and it was the best damn emergency care I’ve ever seen. My dad is a retired Army PAC and he practiced emergency care once he retired and I had my dad on the phone and the doctor was explaining what he was doing to our daughter and my dad is impressed by the hospital staff. And he’s not easily impressed lol. My OB today told me they’re excellent. They have a waiting list. I became a patient when I moved and did two unsuccessful rounds of clomid with them, but was still impressed with their care. And now I don’t have to wait on the waiting list since I’m established ;).

That was a novel but I’ve literally spent way more time than I care to admit analyzing which practice to go with!

6. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

How long do you guys think you will wait to announce to work/public? With my first, I popped at 8 weeks. Of course it was just bloat poking out my belly but I have a very short torso and long legs. When I told my boss I was going on bedrest at 8 weeks, she already knew I was pregnant. Said my stomach was poking out clear as day!

I just walked into my mom and dad’s house to visit for the weekend and my dad said- you already look pregnant LOL! I literally have a super short torso and bloat quickly. I was teased for my long legs growing up!

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dc yoga bee: I was just giving this some thought today...

Last time we were so excited we could hardly keep a secret, plus because I work in a hospital, I had to tell a few people at work so that I could avoid things like patients with shingles, etc. We ended up announcing at 8 weeks.

This time I am right in the middle of a job hunt. I should hear some news on Monday (same day as our first US) about my top choice. I don't want the word to get out and somehow influence that. Obviously legally it shouldn't, but we all know we live in the real world.

So... maybe 8 weeks again? I was trying to think of a way to announce that isn't overdoing anything but still seems cute/special. We might just do the same concept we did for #1 but now have her in it... will have to give it some thought.

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh - and I guess you can go ahead and start the Bump thread

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: lol in all my bloated glory! Good luck with the job news Monday!! And of course the ultrasound as well

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I won’t be announcing to anyone for quite some time. I’m a bit in the minority (I think?). But I announced to work at 10 weeks in the fall and then miscarried at 11. My boss and my parents knew. I had to tell them (I told a coworker I was pregnant and not and to tell my boss for me) plus my husbands side. It sucked. So I don’t know what we’ll do now... I hope I don’t show too early but we’ll see. With DD, I told work around 18 weeks. I’m definitely going to wait as long as possible there. I’ll see my parents for mother’s day weekend and then not until July 4 so I’ll wait until July. My in laws I’m seeing as we speak and not until mid-August so I’ll be waiting until then too... Shrug.

11. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@dc yoga bee: sorry I’m just squatting on this thread now...I found that this time nobody side eyed my belly/weight gain bc I’ve been carrying so much weight from my first still. I told my immediate supervisor at 10 weeks and my principal counsel today (13 weeks). I’ve told my coworkers along the way. I found myself personally much less anxious this pregnancy and it helped my mental health to tell people rather than worrying about keeping it secret, but everyone is different.

12. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I think that will totally work out not having to tell your family since it’s so spread out. My mom is our childcare so she practically lives with us so she knows. And my dad is super involved in my medical care so I’m always hounding him! I won’t see my in-laws until who knows when. We told my mil I was having a miscarriage when Shady Grove said I was because my sis in law is ttc and super obnoxious. If she’s pregnant or how she is trying I don’t care to be told at the time. She’s always asking me weird questions like it’s a competition. She just got married in January. I’ve been married 6 years and have a 3 year old. I really don’t care about you ttc. She’s hoping she can still have the first boy grandchild. Go for it!!

@Ms.Mermaid: At my firm, the partners always ask me if I’m having a second child. I just started there six months ago. I can’t tell if it’s genuine or if they’re concerned about my billables in the even that I do . Oh, and we are FMLA exempt so like hell am I telling them anytime soon.

13. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@dc yoga bee: I changed jobs last year and waited to be FMLA eligible because last time I only got 6 weeks. My office had 7 people take parental leave last year so I was nervous about telling my boss but she was like, “I would rather work somewhere that women were supported having kids than somewhere that discouraged it.” Which was just nice after my last job where they discriminated and then retaliated against me for getting pregnant.

14. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

I'll wait until at least 12 weeks to tell work. I show really quickly, too so that is a problem. My biggest worry is chromosomal defects or loss since I'm 40 so I'll for sure wait until after AMA testing. It's hard right now. I'm a big drinker and all of my coworkers and I are in Las Vegas for a convention....with multiple work related cocktail hours. 😕 I don't know when he will tell his parents but we'll tell mine in early June when we see them.

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: Have you partaken in any giant ice cream sundaes or massages yet?

16. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So, yesterday at work I broke down and did a transabdominal US on myself. Snuck into an exam room with the machine to take a sneak peek. I've had multiple dreams that this pregnancy is ectopic, and at least I can say that it's not. Transabdominal wasn't good enough to be able to see anything inside the gestational sac, but at least I know it's in the right place. I'm not quite crazy enough to do a transvaginal on myself

17. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@yellowbeach: no, unfortunately I'm not pregnant hungry yet! I'm just feeling so full. Blah. I did have a couple o'douls to keep up the charade though. Haha.

Hahaha you're hilarious! Are you a radiologist?

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: oh man good for you!! I’m trying really hard to stay off google. My next ultrasound is Monday!

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: ER doc

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December 2018 Moms

12/2: @YellowBeach (#2)
    12/3: @LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/4: @DC Yoga Bee (#2)
    12/5: @MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/8: @LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/12: @MediaGirl (#2)
    12/16: @ThePaperButterfly (#2)

21. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mediagirl: I just saw that you’re in Las Vegas. Awe man!!!! Hang in there!

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

My test was darker today....so I guess i’m jumping in.

EDD: 12/15 but will have csection at 37 weeks in November.

First child? #2 my son is 3

Any symptoms? Cramps 😓, frequent urination, and not quite nauseous but upset stomach with some food aversion.

Who have you told? DH, Mom and 2 of my brothers and My best Friend.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I had a rough first pregnancy and it took a long time for me to feel ready for this, and now that it’s here i’m A little on edge I guess. I have MTHFR gene and will need blood thinner shots throughout my pregnancy so i’m Not looking forward to that. But it’s all worth it in the end!

23. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@dc yoga bee: @LindsayInNY: Hello June 15 mamas! I’m kind of jealous that y’all are on a due date board together again! I’m one month ahead on Nov 18 due dates!

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Flying today (back home). Precheck gives me the old school medical detectors which is perfect since I prefer to opt out of the new ones while pregnant. Of course I get randomly picked for extra screening today. Which meant a pat down since I wouldn’t do the new machine. My luck lol.

25. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsMom: Welcome! I haven't really had any aversions yet except for I can no longer drink coffee. And normally I think it's the nectar of the Gods lol.

@rpparker: Hi!!!

@LindsayInNY: Yikes! Sorry you had to go through that.

As for me, I just got home from the emergency room. I woke up with back pain and pain in my lower right abdomen. I had to pee really bad and it subsided once I went to the bathroom, but still I felt some pain. So, I took a shower and woke up DH to take me to the hospital. After lots of bloodwork and the most thorough ultrasound known to man the doctor told me there is no sonographic evidence of ectopic pregnancy which is great. He said my symptoms are not that of an ectopic an he can rule it out. They saw what could be a very early gestational sac but I'm too early to characterize by dates.

My beta was 962, so a 70% increase up from 565 Friday but the doubling time has slowed. I have no idea what the doubling time was for DD because it went from 48 to 150 and we stopped testing. But, I started at 17 and now I'm at 962. This has been far from textbook. On Friday, my OB said betas are not always textbook and that she was more concerned with the ultrasound so I'll get the results over to her. The ER doctor said he expects they would be able to definitively say yes that's a sac once my betas hit closer to 2000 in my case. So, fingers crossed. Still pregnant. Not ectopic. Tired.

26. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dc yoga bee: Man - I'm sorry this has already been such a roller coaster for you. Thank God this isn't ectopic though... what's the next follow-up step? Are you going to get another US closer to 2000?

27. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: I e-mailed both the RE and OB. The RE just e-mailed and said it was a great rise from Friday and looks like the pregnancy is progressing great. They will let me know later today when they want the next ultrasound. Waiting on OB.

Oh yeah the only thing I did differently was I rode my peloton yesterday for twenty minutes on low impact.

28. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@dc yoga bee: Thank you! Sorry you're having such a roller coaster of a beginning! but everything sound promising!! The aversions are weird, like I'll start eating something and then "oh god spit it out before I throw up". This didn't happen with my first and definitely not this early. And I already threw up this morning. This morning sickness this early has me worried about twins since I was on clomid. Eek I get my Beta drawn this afternoon.

29. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just got home from our first appointment (6w1d). Saw a midwife who was very nice, and very pregnant herself. I felt like she listened to me when I shared concerns about the emotional trauma and scars from my last pregnancy. She seemed to get it and to understand why I'm maybe overly concerned with things this time around. Last pregnancy I definitely ignored or minimized some of the symptoms I was having. I'm trying to be sensitive to not swinging too far in the other direction but it's hard.

Complicating things is the lack of testing with this pregnancy that we had with DD#1 (IVF). I'm used to frequent betas, weekly ultrasounds, etc. Today when I scheduled they had said the appointment was to include an US and beta. As soon as they said I didn't have to get into a gown, I asked about the US and they said, "No, in 2 weeks." My heart sank and I immediately began to wonder how I could focus on anything for the next 2 weeks. Torture I tell you. Well, turns out the midwife was wrong and they had indeed planned on an US today. I had invited my mom into town as well since DH is in Tx for a conference. I was going to feel pretty dumb if she came just to watch my vitals taken.

Anyway - she was able to see a yolk sac both transabdominally and transvaginally. No heartbeat yet (fine, not worried) but we're scheduled for a repeat US in 2 weeks. It's probably for the best bc this way DH doesn't miss out on seeing the heartbeat for the first time. She said we can't definitively rule out multiples or an ectopic just yet, but I saw a single IUP, so I'm satisfied that things are ok.

No beta though and NIPT in just 4 short weeks!

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Good god! It's the weirdest because a girlfriend of mine basically went through something similar to you... She had an ectopic a couple years ago and is pregnant now. After her first betas, the doctor suggested methotrexate to terminate. And now she's 13 or 14 weeks.

31. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: Sounds like you had a really good and positive appointment. I'm glad they did the US for you and listened to all your concerns.

32. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm glad you had a good visit and results! Hi baby!!!

@LindsayInNY: It's exhausting. I know this can go either way. First, it was the chemical pregnancy scare. Then the ectopic scare. Now my worry is about not seeing the sac. Did I really ovulate when I think I did? Is there an embryo in there? Is it normal? Is it growing?? DH wants me to take a week off from going to the doctor but I don't have anything to lose besides a copays. So many copays!

@MrsMom: How far along are you? Mine started at exactly 6 weeks. And I was put on bed rest at 8 weeks. I would be driving down the road and have to stop and throw up. So far, nada! I'm hoping you feel better soon. In addition to the meds regularly every four hours I was able to drink lemon ginger tea. I would make a big pot and pour it over ice. And one of the nurses told me to try flat coke when I was in the ER. That was a game changer!

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: At least it's just co-pays?! My miscarriage was roughly $1,000 last year and the bulk of it was u/s to make sure nothing was left over. Absolutely absurd.

34. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: holy moly!! Well I left the federal government for private practice (like an idiot) so the copays are higher and I have no clue how much these two u/s are going to cost me. They just happened last week/this week so I haven't gotten the bill yet. When I was still federal it would've been $45.

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh, we're on a high deductible plan too. I'm almost at my deductible for the year so that'll help going forward... Such is life!

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LindsayInNY @DC Yoga Bee: As if there isn't enough stress in the process, there's the financial considerations. The #1 thing guiding my job hunt right now is insurance coverage. Thankfully where I work now covers inpatient testing and procedures 100% (you just pay a $100 copay for the hospital stay). Which is pretty amazing. Between DD and I, we racked up $678,000 in bills for a month in the NICU, emergent delivery, etc and only paid $200 total, $100 copay x2 for each of us. The outpatient ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy were much more than staying in the hospital actually.

But it's all so hard to predict (the costs). I wish we had a more transparent medical billing system. There's enough stress without the unknown of a huge bill at the end of it all.

Ok, sorry to be such a downer, but you hit on my pet peeve!

37. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@dc yoga bee: I'm only 4.3 weeks. Oh man that would be so horrible having to throw up on the side of the road! At this point crackers seem to help the nausea for now. If it continues to get worse I might have to ask for something.

38. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: It's the worst. I'm battling them now on two billed u/s - why would you do a vaginal and abdominal u/s a week after you knew I'd miscarry? That's not standard and there's no reason to be doing it! I hate the way the healthcare system doesn't cover all appointments or u/s. It drives me nuts.

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

My betas this morning are up to 4,000 something! Wooo! Next is an u/s. I don't know whether to bring DH or not? I guess I'll ask him what he prefers... I'd rather him be at a photo-worthy, heartbeat appointment but with our history, he might not want to wait? I have an appointment scheduled for this Friday. I'll be 6 weeks on the dot then.

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: WHOA. That would be so scary to see that kind of bill. That's more than a house mortgage around here! My birth cost $32K and I only had to pay $150. I have no idea this time .

@LindsayInNY: Awesome beta!!! DH hasn't been to any of mine except this morning. I'm bringing him to a photo worth heartbeat worthy one if I make it that far. 6 weeks will be a good time that they will hopefully be able to see something! I'm kind of worried all these ultrasounds and betas aren't going to be covered myself. But, it is what it is. We will exhaust the FSA/HSA in a few weeks lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee