Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2013 Due Dates

1. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Mrs. Markers: Congrats! She's beautiful!

2. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

So, about that planned C on Monday...apparently wasn't soon enough. My water broke and I'm waiting for enough time to pass since I last ate...and I'm hungry...and having a baby tonight! So much for one more relaxing weekend

3. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Mrs. Markers: Congrats! So happy to hear everything went well!

@JessiBee: ahhh! so excited for you! FWIW I love that your baby "chose" it's birthday. Good luck!

4. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@mrs. markers - CONGRATS!! so glad that the c-section went well and you're doing ok!

@jessibee - ahhh, so exciting! good luck, and wishing you the best for a safe delivery!!

5. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Mrs. Markers: Congrats! Adorable!
    @JessiBee: Good Luck! Hopefully you've got your beautiful baby in your arms right now!

Ooh, we've been quiet the past few days! Everyone is either in newborn bliss/crazy land or patiently/not so patiently waiting! I have a random question for anyone who's around...if contractions don't hurt do they 'not count?' I'm in the final countdown - due on the 15th - and until I was in the hospital last week I didn't think I'd been having any contractions. Apparently I was and there were so many of them, they didn't want me to leave because they thought I was in labor. After a cervical check they let me go. They were fairly incredulous that I couldn't feel them but I couldn't. I had an NST in the office yesterday and I was watching the monitor so I could see when I was having contractions and was able to tell what they feel like. Still no pain but I could tell. Cervix was still closed. All yesterday afternoon I had contractions and into the night. I maybe felt a little more uncomfortable and maybe some pressure but still definitely no pain. I know it's probably wishful thinking due to the state of my cervix, but could these be real contractions or not so much? I am so hoping to go into labor before my schedule induction...

6. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

Argh I am so behind!! I'm sorry, my February mamas!

@thatwife congrats! I love that photo and her name!

@phillybaby2013 he is gorgeous!!

@lolabee congrats! Another great name!

@mrs. Markers congrats - gorgeous!!

@jerricabenton I hope you can beat your induction date! I always thought they counted if they were timeable. Fwiw, my contractions weren't super painful until my water broke. I was 7 cm when I got to the hospital an hour later, 2 cm at my last checkup the day before. I have a hard time believing I progressed 5 cm in just an hour, but I had been having mild "cramps" the day before after my doc stripped my membranes, that's just to say, I think you can still be making progress and not be in pain the whole time!

@photojane seems like you must be getting close though! The membrane sweep is horribly painful but I went into labor within 48 hours!

Hope everybody else is doing well! I'll start a February moms thread if there isn't already one, hope to see you all there very soon!

7. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@ladyfingers: Thank you! Yeah, I didn't try to time them but I was having maybe 5 an hour yesterday and when I had my NST the doctor said they were pretty big ones...uggh I don't know. I had hoped for a natural birth and I'm afraid that isn't as possible with a cervidil induction followed by pitocin. I know I just have to go with the flow at this point. It's helpful to know some people dilate really quickly when the contractions get serious! Hope you are enjoying new mama bliss! See you over on the Feb mamas board soon!

8. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@JerricaBenton: There are two options- one is that they are braxton hicks. The other is that they are real. If your water hasn't broken and your fluid levels are still good then the liquid acts as a buffer so there's not much pain. The only way to really know is if you time them- once there's a pattern it's probably the real deal! (I was having real contractions for a few hours the first time around and didn't realize I was in labor either). Hoping for you it's the latter and excited for baby news!!!

9. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: Thank you! I'll try timing them for sure

10. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@JessiBee: oh my how exciting! Good luck! Your baby will be on the outside soon! Can't wait to see pics!

@Mrs. Markers: congratulations Momma! Shes so sweet.

@JerricaBenton: i think they could count if they have a rhythm and not just random like BH. When they started my Pit I could see that I was contracting on the monitor but just felt a little squeezing pressure. Definitely not painful. But they sure got painful! Hoping they are real for ya!

@ladyfingers: was wondering when you'd stop in...i was thinking the same thing about starting a mommy thread but the time is eluding me as I'm sure it is you! This whole Mom thing is alot of work!

We came home Friday afternoon. Was a little unsure if they would make us stay bc Ben has a little jaundice but the pediatrician told us not to worry and they will check him again at his first appointment. It made him lethargic and we had trouble nursing but he's eating like a champ now every 1.5-2 hours. My milk was slow coming but im pretty sure it's in now. I expected my boobs to blow up but so far not so much. So far it seems like we're alternating between good nights and bad ones. Last night we did good - the night before I literally got zero sleep and I felt like no matter how much I nursed he was still hungry. I woke DH up at 830 and had a new mommy breakdown. Oh well, we're doing
    our best. Every day is a new adventure.

I hope all the other new Moms are hanging in and can't wait for more babies to get here!

11. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Phillybaby2013: Hope so too, thanks! Sounds like you are doing well - at least every other night of getting some sleep sounds pretty good!

12. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: totally! I haven't gotten good at one-handed breastfeeding so I've been stopping on hb when burping him or periodically throughout the day but there doesn't seem to be enough time for meals, showers, and bathroom breaks much less anything else! It took me 3 tries to get our kitchen tidied up -- not even clean, just stuff put away - yesterday, even with dh's help! This kid wants to eat all the time it seems! And I've already had multiple new mom breakdowns.

13. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@phillybaby2013 oh on the eating - are you cutting him off on the 1st boon then moving him to the 2nd? This was what my pediatrician told us to do, 10 minutes in the 1st and max 15 on the second. I did that for a couple of days and he was eating seriously every 20 min. Then I took the advice of every other bf'ing resource out there and just let him finish the 1st boob on his own. It usually takes him 15-20 minutes, he's rarely up for a 2nd boob (but if he is I'll oblige) and they're spaced out more now at 1.5-2 hours in the day and 3-4 hours at night. I think he gets more of the fatty filling hind milk when I let him stay on at his leisure, and stays fuller longer. Also I have to make sure the latch is good - we had mega issues w this - or else he's not getting much of anything to keep him full.

14. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: i let him go on the first one until he pops off, burp and then offer the second which he doesn't always go for. Seems like we average 15-20 min on boob 1 and then maybe 5-10 on the 2nd. Latching hasn't been too bad for us but alot of times he puts it in his mouth and then won't clamp down right away and gets all crazy for a second...I saw you had a thread about engorgement, did this happen as soon as ur milk came in or after? Yesterday my boobs felt warm and are a little fuller but nothing ridic. I dont feel much different but B is swallowing more and I could see the milk was clearer/thinner when he came off earlier. I dont know.

15. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

Ok ladies, at the hospital now doing the third of many many laps to try to get contractions going. Apparently, my water partially broke with a lot of blood along with my mucus plug at 6am, and because there was a lot of blood, they asked me to come in to get checked at the hospital and it looks like I have to stay and have this baby!

I really want to have a natural childbirth but if things don't progress they will definitely do the whole pitocin thing since there are "guidelines". I was really hoping that they would send me home! Hopefully I will have a speedy progression and lots of contractions soon!

Will update later!

16. JessiBee

kiwi / 733 posts

@Emilie: good luck!

I'm back, at least for the moment. And I'm a mommy!! My beautiful baby girl arrived via c-section on Friday night at about 10:30. I heard her screams right away, so I knew she was pretty healthy. Once she was somewhat cleaned up, they gave her to my husband to bring over to me, and I got to just stare at her for w few while they kept working on me. She is amazing. 6 pounds, 17.5 inches. 39 weeks exactly. We aren't sharing her name until the ceremony at the synagogue this weekend, so for now, lots of nicknames.

I am completely exhausted, but totally in love with our beautiful girl. Thank you all for the notes all weekend as we hibernated in the hospital! (We're still at the hospital, just finally a little more ready to be in contact with the world today.)

17. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Emilie: Good Luck today!!! Wishing you a safe & speedy l&d!

@JessiBee: Congratulations mama! She's tiny! Can't wait for her name reveal and a pic! Enjoy this time!

18. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

Hi ladies! I've been MIA lately due to grandpa's death and some much-needed family time. His services were beautiful, and I'm so glad we had some quality time to remember and honor him.

It looks like I missed a lot while I was away! Congrats to all the new mamas!! I can't wait to join y'all. My little drama mama will FINALLY be here tomorrow. She teased us so much and for so long (especially this weekend!), but I guess we're going to have to kick her out.

I will try to get on tomorrow to chat with/respond to everyone & update on progress during the waiting game!

@JerricaBenton: I hope your contractions gain some momentum, and turn into labor! I've been having contractions for weeks now, which were always readable on the monitor, but not incredibly painful. Sometimes I only felt them slightly, and other times they were very strong (like this weekend - yikes!). They definitely helped me to dilate/efface, but obviously never turned into real labor. I think baby's positioning plays a big part in how effective your contractions are.

19. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

@photojane: I've been stalking for an update from you I noticed you didn't post all weekend so I was just sure you had gone into labor

20. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@runnerd: I wish! She is stubborn! I think we've had like 12 false alarms with this little drama queen.

21. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@runnerd: Ditto! I thought for sure @photojane: would be next to go!

22. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@photojane: Good luck tomorrow! Uhh, barely any contractions this afternoon for me. I had an appointment today and the dr I saw was basically like, get over it - you'll have to be induced and you may end up needing a c-section. I'm feeling a little deflated but I know as long as the end result is a healthy baby and healthy mama, I'll be happy!

23. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Emilie: hope things are going well and can't wait for baby news!

@JessiBee: congrats!!! hope your recovery goes well!

@photojane: good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you!

@JerricaBenton: oh man, hopefully the dr from today won't be the same one for your induction...doesn't sound like a real nice guy.

Around here fatigue, nausea and nothing else. The waiting game has started though.

24. lolabee

kiwi / 662 posts

@photojane: Good luck tomorrow!! I'll be sending positive vibes your way!

EDIT: My condolences on your loss, hugs!

25. lolabee

kiwi / 662 posts

Eeeks, I am so far behind! I am so sorry if I miss anyone.

@birdofafeather: Thank you! Hope everything is awesome with you and Rowan!

@Mrs. Markers: Congratulations! She's adorable! Love her cheeks.

@Mrs. Lantern: I was hesitant to put the length of my labour, I didn't want to scare anyone! Thank you for the compliment on his name!

@thatwife: Ya...it definitely wasn't a walk in the park that's for sure, my next will be shorter So happy for you that you got to have your water birth at home...totally a dream of mine! Not sure if you already mentioned but how long was your labour? Second shorter than the first?

@Baby Boy Mom: Thank you! I will get to the story one of these days...it's a long one. Soon for you hopefully!

@tororojo: Thanks! We had a hard time naming him but I think it suits him Hope you're feeling well!

@Phillybaby2013: CONGRATS!! So awesome our sons share a birthday. Hope your recovery is going smooth.

@shopaholic: Thank you, you're looking fabulous!

@Emilie: Thinking of you, hope everything is going well...and if you're not a Mama right now you will be soon!

I was so surprised when he came out at his weight and length! Didn't expect him to be that big full term, let alone two weeks 'early'!

@JessiBee: Congratulations!! Such a lil peanut you have! Look forward to pics and her name. Wishing you an easy recovery. My LO's bris is tomorrow...I hope I'm not an absolute puddle.

GO February Mama's looking forward to hearing some more birth announcements and ladies on the other side!

26. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: Haha, she's actually very nice - I know it doesn't sound like it based on my description. It sounds harsh but I think they are all trying to get me to mentally prepare for that outcome. I'm a bit of a control freak!

@Jessibee: congrats!

27. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

Hi ladies...I'm a mama!

Avery Kara was born on her due date Feb 9th. Things happened incredibly fast. Felt very mild contractions at 4am, bloody show at 7am, water broke at 9am and laboured at home with DH and my doula until noon. I felt the urge to push so we went to the hospital for an assessment only to find out that I was 9cm dilated!!!

I could not believe it. It was too late to have the epidural. I was quickly wheeled to the birthing suite and the midwife asked me where I wanted to deliver. Our birthing suite had a tub and since that was what I was doing at home in early labour, I hopped right in. My doula was amazing and kept me focused through the intense contractions. She said that even at 9cm, it could still be an hour before delivery. Well this little girl wasn't going to wait. After about 4-5 pushes, with my animalistic screams and grunts that I'm sure would scare away any potential mother, Avery shot out into this world in a single push at 1:18pm. They put her on my chest for skin-to-skin and I was in shock and bliss that this was my daughter. She starred at me with big eyes, looking equally shocked, before being tickled to cry. It was the most amazing moment I've ever experienced, and nothing at all like how I've planned. (I was pretty sure I wanted an epidural and the tub was for pain relief only!)

Because she came into this world so fast, I had second degree tears and getting stitched up with no drugs was actually more painful to me than the labour itself. Oh, it also took the nurses 3 tries to place the catheter in after so yes, the after labour bit was definitely more painful!

A water birth for our aquarius baby...and it just so happens to be the water element this year in the Chinese zodiac. We are so overjoyed with our little girl

28. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: Aww, A.K. is a beauty, congrats! And WOW on 1 push! I hope you are recovering well and am excited for you!

@JessiBee: YAY that you're a mom now, congratulations!!!

@photojane: Thinking of you today, I hope everything goes smoothly and am so excited for you to finally meet baby Sadie!

@Emilie: I'm assuming your baby is here by now, so YAAAY!

It's hard to keep up with all the new babies- such an exciting time and I'm so happy for all of you girls! (I think it's harder to keep up mainly b/c I'm not working anymore, i.e. not getting paid to sit in front of a computer and check HB all the day long)

29. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

Sorry if I missed someone or left off/messed up vital info--feel free to correct it! Here's an attempt at updating the list from the person who probably has the most time on her hands:

Babies who have arrived:

@WALLAROO: 1/17, Mila Quinn and Owen Joseph
    @ladyfingers: 2/2, Derek John (ODD Feb. 3)
    @phillybaby2013: 2/5, Benjamin Anthony (ODD Feb. 5)
    @lolabee: 2/5, Zev Jackson Maxwell (ODD Feb. 19)
    @thatwife: 2/6, Marie Rene

@Mrs. Markers: 2/8

@JessiBee: 2/8
    @Mrs. Lantern: 2/9, Avery Kara
    @Emilie: 2/11?
    @photojane: 2/12?

Babies we can't wait to meet:

@ValentineMommy: February 8, Team Blue

@smocks: February 11, Team Pink
    @JerricaBenton: February 15, Team Pink
    @Baby Boy Mom: February 25, Team Blue

@tororojo: February 28, Team Pink

@Mrs. High Heels: February 28, Team Blue

@Shopaholic: March 9, Team Pink

30. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

baby update!

Mira Josephine was born last night, 2/11, at 7:00pm 7 lbs and 2 oz, and 19 inches long.
    I was mistaken earlier, I actually received Cytotec and not Cervidil to try to get contractions going, after my water partially broke at 6:00am with a lot of blood.

I gave birth naturally, and unfortunately, received a third degree tear, and lost a lot of blood... so I need a blood transfusion later on today because I'm really lightheaded every time I stand up. Baby Mira is super healthy though. I definitely didn't think I'd have so many issues after the actual delivery!

This sweet girl is all worth it though

31. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

Oh congratulations @Emilie: !!!! Mira is so beautiful and such a doll! Ouch on the tear! By naturally do u mean just vaginally or no epidural?

32. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@shopaholic - no epidural or other pain meds. I felt like I was insane for choosing this route when I was between 7cm and 10cm.

33. JerricaBenton

pomegranate / 3872 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: @Emilie: OMG Congrats ladies! How gorgeous are those girls?!? And I love both names!

34. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@emilie @jessibee @mrs. Lantern congrats ladies!! All beautiful babies!!

35. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Emilie: Wow! KUDOS to you! You wanted to do it without any meds and stuck with it? I'm super impressed!

36. pl0508

GOLD / grapefruit / 4007 posts

@ladyfingers: lurking !!! Wanted to chime in and say we have been block feeding J and he has been a much happier baby ! I think he was dealing with a slight hind milk imbalance and letting him finish a side has made a huge difference!!!

Congrats to all Feb mamas! Welcome to the other side ladies

37. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@JerricaBenton: well in that case, ok I guess it's always good to expect the unexpected.

@Mrs. Lantern: @Emilie: congrats ladies!!!!

38. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

I will update more soon, but just wanted to pop in and show off my precious little princess! Sadie was born last night at 5:30pm - 7lbs 10oz, 19 inches. Despite being tongue tied, she's eating well & pooping SO MUCH. She's healthy & gorgeous!

Here's a picture daddy took this morning...

39. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Emilie: Aww, she looks so beautiful and serene!

@photojane: She looks so sweet and happy, congrats!

40. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: Aww! Congratulations! Avery is BEAUTIFUL and what an incredible and fast l&d story! One push! Could they have not given you local anesthesia for the stitches? Ouch! You did an awesome job!

@Emilie: Awww...such a sweet girl - so serene and peaceful in that pic!

@photojane: LOVE that smiling sweet face!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee