Feb 16 - pumuckl (#3 & #4)
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2)

2. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Pumuckl: my edd is 2/23

3. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: I added you! Sorry about that.

4. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Pumuckl: no worries!!! You're having twins?? I must have missed that in your posts!!! Congrats!

5. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: yep, the OB was like good thing you are laying down, turned the screen and said look at that and showed me the two sacks and two healthy babies. My DD didn't feel well at daycare today and DH picked her up and brought her home so I was able to tell him then. I just showed him the u/s and he immediately got what was going on. Totally crazy!!! We'll have 4 under 4!

6. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Pumuckl: wow!!! Congrats!!!

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Pumuckl: Oh wow! Congrats!!! How are you feeling about it?

8. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Pumuckl: omg, wow, twins!! also my edd based on lmp is 2/6, but doctor is saying 2/12 for now based on my u/s. it might change again next week though!

9. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: @josina: @nana87: Thank you ladies. We're excited but terrified. Our family is going to be a lot larger than we thought it would be. Now we are just hoping that they both stick and there are no complications. Things were looking good now and I get to go back on the 7/14 to check on them. Then it will be nearly a month without seeing them because the OB's office is closed due to vacation.

10. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Pumuckl: That's so exciting!

Well, I have my annual review today so since I'm meeting with my boss anyway, I figured I'd ask her about flexing my time more for doctor's appointments. So work has officially been notified that I'm pregnant (just my direct boss. I haven't told work friends yet)

I'm counting down the days to our follow up US next week. Man am I glad I did the math wrong! I don't think I'd be able to wait two weeks from now.

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

And...I called the doctor's office and they said it wasn't a problem to keep my US appointment next week and come in the following week for blood work (that doesn't even require an appointment).

I really like this new doctor...

12. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Boss' reaction... "I suspected as much but didn't want to say anything"

I wonder how many people really suspect it.

One coworker has complimented me on how "comfortable" my clothes look several times.

I'm sure MANY people noticed I didn't drink at our housewarming party last week.

13. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MaryM: Glad you dr okay'ed you keeping both appt's!

Its amazing how many people already know we are prego or suspect it! DH let it slip we were trying and a friend's grandpa walked up to DH and said 'rumor has it your having a baby'. I'm like what?! lol. The friend didn't even know we actually were yet.
    My MIL guessed it last weekend also! She also is sure its a girl, I can't wait to find out. I'm already thinking girl too.

14. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@josina: Well, I also wonder how many people suspect it when we're not actually pregnant!

I think my boss has been aware of some of the labs I've had done (I give her a heads up just in case I'm late) so I wonder how long she's thought I was pregnant. I had a lot of those appointments since February.

15. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

I felt so bad when my team was planning October and November that I couldn't tell them not to count on me. The OB told me she wouldn't let me work past 30w but even with J my cervix was short by 30w so I am sort of anticipating an even early order to take it easy this time. I'll be happy if I make it to December but I am not planning on it. I will tell work after the first trimester screening.

16. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

My boss is keeping it quiet. She's going to let her boss know that I'll be working more flex time due to something medical.

I'll probably tell my closest work friends in a couple weeks after the first scan. I'm not sure if I'll tell anyone beyond that or not. I didn't last time, and people just sort of figured it out. I'm not all about grand announcements.

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: yeah I am not quite sure how I'll handle telling work yet. It's a little difficult when HQ is a plane ride away... I am pretty sure my belly will be giving me away in a couple of weeks. It is growing FAST and while I am not skinny by any means I usually have a flat stomach. I'll really have to get creative with dressing for the next 5 weeks.

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Pumuckl: I suggest lots of black!

I'm hella bloated. I look a month more pregnant than I am. I think it's a toss up of 1. Hcg shots that cause bloat, and 2. My anteverted uterus acting like a snow plow pushing everything in my pelvis out of the way. It's a little insane for only 9 weeks though!

19. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: Ha we'll have to start a bump thread soon Yeah I'll have to see with black. I don't have too much in black. Oh well.

I called my former OB in my old town (4h away) today whether they can do the NT scan (he's a MFM) and we'll do it when we are down there because of travel anyway. I really trust this guy and I like the office and since with twins they cannot do bloodtests anyway, it works for us. Since my company HQ is basically down the street we will pop by after the scan (hopefully if all is well) and then tell them in person. So just another 5 weeks...

20. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Sorry, I have been totally MIA for awhile. We just moved houses and I've been completely exhausted with the move that I just crash every night. I'm also not used to actively following threads and it slips my mind to come and check!

I hope everyone is feeling better than I am (haha). I had a dating ultrasound on Tuesday and saw our tiny babe and his/her heartbeat ❤️ The best!

21. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Pumuckl: Twins?!? Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!

22. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@MaryM: I'm so bloated too. At 7.5 weeks, I am definitely looking closer to 12. I gained a bit of weight going back to work after DD1 in March because I wasn't taking my daily walks and there were more temptations in the office, but I'm having a hard time concealing the very obvious bump and passing it off as chub!

23. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

I feel you all on the bloat/bump already showing! I don't know if it's recognizable to other people yet but dh and I are both like "whoa!" Haha

24. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Well, I am a bit late to join, but I am still not entirely convinced this is real....hoping for the best.

EDD: not sure yet..early February
    How far along: like 8 or 9 weeks?
    First child? Baby #2
    First doctor appointment: 7/12
    Any symptoms so far? A little bit of everything, but only a little. Which is partly why I'm convinced it's not real. I was incredibly sick with my son, and I barely feel sick this time around. Although yesterday was awful enough to make me think this might happen.
    Who have you told? Just my husband. I'm too paranoid right now.

25. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@gilmoregirl: welcome! @Pumuckl: Twins?!?! Holy moly mama!

I've been doing a terrible job keeping up in here. I read but forget to post. I'm sorry!

Is anyone else knock you down exhausted? I'm 9 weeks today and DH had to take over with our daughter this am so I could go back to bed. We've been away on vacation for the last week so maybe it's just cumulative exhaustion from vacation and pregnancy? But geez, so tired.

I also started diclegis about a week ago, and it's miraculous. The nausea is manageable through the day until later afternoon, which is way better than before!

26. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: Welcome, glad you're here too!

@MrsA: @gentlelunette: Thank you ladies. Very, very surprising.

@MrsA: So, so tired. We just went up to my parent's place this weekend to personally tell them the news and it was so nice to be able to take a nap in the afternoon.

So now our parents and siblings know about #3 & #4. Now we just hope we don't have to untell them. While still shocked about the twin news we're excited about it and definitely more than anything want to get them home safe and sound.

27. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gilmoregirl: welcome! Do I remember right that you were also and April '14 mama too? Double birth month twins!

28. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: Yes, here we are again. I think our April babies are only a few days apart. Ben's 4/4. How funny to do it again!

@Pumuckl: congrats on your twins! Wow. I can't imagine the surprise.

@MrsA: Yes, my strongest symptom is how exhausted I am. I can't believe how tired I get doing the completely normal, not strenuous things. It's a serious struggle. I'm glad the diclegis is working for you. I was so super sick with my son that I'm surprised to be feeling kind of ok this time around. Late afternoon and evening can get kind of rough though.

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: cool, I have a B who's birthday is 4/4 as well. He's 2013 though.

Okay so I think morning sickness is finally getting to me. Today was the first time I ever had to throw up during a first trimester. And I took two naps. Wow if it keeps going at that rate I'll have to tell work way sooner than I want to.

30. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gilmoregirl: my lo is 4/2! And I'm also overall feeling a lot better this time around than with lo. I think it's getting worse though-- we had a 4 hour road trip today and I felt so sick last night/this morning that I'm shocked I made it through okay, haha.

31. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@gentlelunette: I'm guessing your move is a good excuse for some extra chub. DH and I ate horribly after we moved last year!

@gilmoregirl: welcome!

Sickness hit me stronger this weekend too. And out of the blue! I was getting ready to meet a friend and after I towel dried my hair, I went to our room to sit down under the ceiling fan in just my underwear and try not to throw up. I haven't actually gotten sick, but that's the closest I've gotten.

FU Ultrasound is this Thursday and I'm getting all anxious again.

32. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

I'm back at work today after a week of vacation and feel more sick than I did all last week. Obviously baby agrees that vacation is way better than work!

33. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

I had my first appointment today just to confirm pregnancy, and I totally screwed up my EDD!
    My actual DD is January 26th (my bday!!); I was using first day of missed period vs. first day of last period when I calculated.
    Sooo, I'll be heading over to the January board!

Wishing you girls all the best!!

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@josina: Good luck!

Wow! I can't imagine how awesome it'd be to accidentally "miss" a month of pregnancy

35. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MaryM: lol, no kidding. I went from 7 weeks to almost 11 in the blink of an eye!

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@josina: That's so amazing!

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: hahaha, so cool to be practically done with the 1. Trimester before it even started We'll probably see each other again on the PP side of things if the twins stick.

38. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@josina: how fun to skip ahead!

@MaryM: I have my follow up u/s this week (today!) too and I'm also anxious. I keep telling myself that increasing nausea has to be a good thing since I keep feeling worse...

@MrsA: baby is right, vacation is def better than work!

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@nana87: Good luck!

I slept about 4 hours last night according to my step tracker. I'm hoping it was all in preparation for me to be so exhausted I pass out tonight and am able to take advantage of sleeping in before my appointment (I'm guessing that's not likely)

40. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

Just got back from my follow up u/s! My due date is still later than lmp would suggest (so 2/12 instead of 2/6) but baby is growing and looking good, saw little arm and leg buds wiggling around and heard the heartbeat my next appointment with her is in 4 weeks now, so back to "normal" schedule, though I'll go in for the materniti21 bloodwork sooner and NT scan sometime later this month too (waiting on hospital to get back to me about scheduling it!)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee