Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 babies!

1. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

Happy Thanksgiving January Moms!

2. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Not cool. hope you feel better soon!

3. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I'm right there with you. I have officially moved to the recliner as my bed. I usually lay with DH for an hour or two then transfer over.

I've finally admitted it. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to work. These babies are growing so fast & are sitting so far to the right that everything hurts & it feels like my stomach is going to split open! I've spent the last 3 out of 5 days relaxing & sitting in the recliner. Even that hurts. The other 2 days were spent at work & pretty much just sitting around.

Any idea what to use on the belly to cool the itching & burning feeling from the stretching?

4. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I remember using a lot of lotion, nothing in particular, just lotion. I also had my husband lightly tickle my belly, that helped some. And, I hear ya on the everything hurts. I can't sit for long, walk for long, stand for long. I'm thankful that I don't have to work every day (I'm a SAHM), I think it would be really hard this pregnancy.

At least we can all say we are due next month! And, some of us will have a baby this month!! (I don't count since it is c-section, but some of you other early Jan mom's might!!!!)

5. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Another month.., hallelujuah! My pelvis is hurting so bad!

6. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

I broke down and used the scooter at the store & it was awesome! I was able to shop all afternoon & not hurt. No shame at all. Wish I would have done it sooner. It felt great to get out of the house. Now I need to figure out how to quit my job... I'm over working. Wish me luck ladies!

7. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: good luck! Are you switching to a SAHM?

8. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Yup I'll be a SAHM. Daycare costs more than what I make & DH has had a great year at work. It just seems like things have just fallen into place for us. Sooo I went for it & put in my 2 week notice today! I balled my eyes out. A very bitter sweet moment. I've been with this company for almost 10 years & I've worked since I was 15. This is going to be a huge change for me but I'm looking forward to it.

9. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: So happy for you. I'm sure it's very emotional, but it does sound like the stars are aligning with you. Also, your tears show that you really have a great relationship with your employer!! Wishing you the best of luck during this transition.

10. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@sugar.biscuit Transitions are always hard. With the babies coming, I'm sure that your new "job" will be 10x more rewarding.

I wish I could be a SAHM.

11. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

I can't believe we are so far along! I am just glad to have hit 35 weeks. If I go early again, I could have a baby next week! Crazy to think about and a little overwhelming to start the journey of 2 under 2. @MamaBehr: I may take you up on the offer from another thread of messaging you once this little girl comes… I am hoping DS handles it okay and that I can handle it okay too!

@Sugar.Biscuit: Congrats on making that decision! So exciting!

Anyone else having contractions more? I have a few every day and try to lay low to get them to stop.

12. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Vegmama: Thanks

@Honeydew: I won't be able to sit still. I plan on going back to school while I'm home & getting my degree...FINALLY. Also once they are about a year old I want to have a small in home daycare. I can have two kids w/o out needing to be licensed. Once we get into a bigger home I'll expand my daycare, be licensed & enjoy being at home with a little extra cash flow. I hate not having my own money.

13. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: Congrats on making the decision! I had a hard time making that choice myself

@creativemomma15: My contractions have been pretty consistent since about 28 weeks! I get them every day and some are really intense and some aren't. If this baby is on the same time table as DS I could have a baby by next weekend! (he was born at 37 weeks!)

Isn't it crazy that some of the January babies could be here and healthy soon!

14. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

So great to hear everyone's updates! I am down to 32 more days until my due date. That is peanuts! Although my pelvis is hurting so bad these days, I am getting a little anxious about how bad the contractions are going to feel. I am getting very excited to hear all the upcoming exciting news, and for anyone who goes early, GOOD LUCK!

15. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

It's so crazy how close we all are getting! It's kind of freaking me out, lol.

DH and I have a Baby Care class at our pediatrician's office tomorrow night. We got a recommendation for this ped from one of our friends, but we haven't met her yet so this will be the first time. Hopefully we will mesh!

Anyone else taking classes? How were they if you've already had them?

16. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I took a Baby Care Basics class with DH. It wasn't anything I didn't already know but it was good to go with him. He got to do the swaddle and diapering haha.

34 weeks this past Tuesday! Feeling achy and came down with a terrible sore throat. Had to take time off work for it! Next Friday is my last day before Mat Leave!!! I can't wait. I'm seriously ready to be at home and resting. I'm not very big but the weight is certainly taking a toll on my pubic bone! I'm wearing a support band most of the days when I get home now. Helps a lot!

17. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@wahine08: I'm so jealous you get to go on maternity leave so soon!! How long do you get for leave?

18. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@wahine08: Yay for almost being done work! Today is my last day!

19. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Emsmems: I come back late April!

20. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@wahine08: That's an awesome maternity leave!!

21. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: The only class we took this pregnancy was a sibling class for DD, and it was adorable! She learned how to swaddle, change a diaper, to wash her hands before touching the baby, and not to touch the belly button stump! How did your class go?

Anyone else hate being pregnant during the holidays? I have to say I am not jolly, though my belly is the shape of Santa's. I feel so bad for DD and DS, because I feel like we should be doing all this fun stuff, but by the time 2 o'clock rolls around I have no energy to do anything. Luckily DS is too little to remember this Christmas, and DD is too excited (she finally gets it!) to care about what she isn't doing, I just have immense mommy guilt. Oh. And this insomnia can end (I say as I type and have been awake since 3:30.... it is now 6, no point in going back to bed now!)

22. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@MamaBehr: boo to the insomnia! I've been sleeping in the recliner the last few weeks & that has helped me out a lot! Having a holiday baby has its pros & cons. Cons being lack of energy. We aren't decorating for Christmas this year & I am terrified of driving on the shitty roads in my new car. Pros...um I get away with eating all the cookies I want

23. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MamaBehr: It was good I guess. It was more of a baby health class since it was at my ped's office. But it was free and i think it was good for DH since he doesn't know as much as I do about all the newborn stuff. And they have a lactation consultant on staff at the office so we got to meet her which was nice. And we were able to tour the office. Each exam room has a theme after a book, Rainbow Fish, Green eggs and Ham, Harry Potter, and my favorite was the lactation consultant's room was It Looks Like Spilt Milk. Hehe.

24. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

Oh, the insomnia! I wake up at 3 and cant get back to sleep. Today I am having an angry day. We went to a friends supper last night and I was so angry at DH for having drinks and making me drive home (hour drive). Also for keeping LO up until midnight. I am so tired today, the house is a DISASTER and every little thing is sending me into a fit. I could really use a drink lol

25. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Lindsay05: Aww, hugs!

The past few days have been super emotional for me. I feel like I've been pretty emotionally stable/normal but the past couple days I've been crying several times a day! Awful!

26. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Thanks This pregnancy has been such an emotional rollercoaster.

27. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Lindsay05: I feel like I'm angry more days than not. I'm hoping it is the extra testosterone in me..... And my insomnia is BAD! I was up until 1 am last night, just flopping from one side to the next. I ended up sleeping for TWO HOURS today, I have a feeling tonight isn't going to be any better. At least only one more week until we are full term. Then, he needs to get out. He is not welcome in my womb anymore.
    @abbydabbydoodlebug: I took my daughter to see her first movie today, and cried because she was growing up, cried because the new baby will mean I can't do this with her for awhile, cried because of what happened in the movie (it was Frozen, not the most emotionally intense movie...) and cried because I can't believe I am going to have to spend more time away from her since she will have another sibling. I hear ya on the emotions! And, it is AWESOME that your Pediatrician has a lactation consultant! I wish mine did.

28. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@MamaBehr: lol i hear ya. Eviction notice starts soon!

I was watching Toy Story 3 and had to change it because every part of that movie was making me cry. LOL im a mess!

29. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@MamaBehr: NOT FAIR! I want to be full term too

I was up every hour on the hour tossing and turning this weekend. On top of it I'm getting another cold. Probably the same crap I had two weeks ago. I already have a heck of a time breathing with two heads in my lungs but now with the stuffy nose.

OH and BIL & MIL used my belly this weekend to explain how someone else's belly looked like they were 48 weeks pregnant..."like Sugar.Biscuit's belly"... this guy was bloated from surgery. I'm bloated from having TWO BABIES in me. not amused. Then they continued on with "well you are huge". WHAAAAA.

Phew that felt good. Now off to my last week at work. Wish me luck ladies. It would be a shame if I had to take a sick day this week

30. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

I don't know if what I have is insomnia or just plain old uncomfortable at bad hours of the night! I wake up to switch sides 5 times a night and each time is such a production with the pillows and the hugeness! Adding a few trips to pee and I'm basically up all night already.

@Sugar.Biscuit: I caught the worst sore throat and now it's morphing into congestion/cold Not helping the exhaustion!

Any of you ladies opening baby gear..? I'm a first time mom so I'm not sure what I need to open to air out/wash.

Also - Bags are packed! 35 weeks tomorrow and I'm not taking any chances not having the crap I want when it's time, haha

31. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I hate the huge comments..... They make me NUTS! It always surprises me when people think it is ok to say those kind of things to pregnant ladies....

So today we had a fun adventure to Labor and Delivery! I swore my water had broken (I'm still not sure what came out of me then!). Luckily my water hadn't broken, since I'm just barely 36 weeks, but I was having very consistent contractions. I have to admit that I feel a little silly for having gone in, but DH wanted me to get checked out on Friday so at least I appeased him My next appt is Wednesday, so we will see what my doctor says.

32. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@wahine08 I was battling insomnia about a month ago, due to a combo of a cold and everything getting so sore from sleeping on my sides and adjusting the pillows. My sister had her baby and let me take her Snoogle. I swear that really has been helping my sleep. We are in the home stretch!

33. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@wahine08: haha I wrote a list of things I need to pack. I plan on getting that done this weekend. I still need to go shopping for some of the stuff. I have washed all the hand me down clothes & the newborn clothes. Will wash some bottles, binks, etc this next week & start putting the swings & stuff together. I'd say do a little of everything till you know what your baby likes. That way if you have a crap ton of swaddles they hate then you can take them back or exchange them later.

34. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@MamaBehr: oh my gosh now exciting & nerve racking! FX for you! I have an appointment on Wednesday as well so ill be thinking of you.

35. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Oh man, I haven't even thought about washing clothes or anything yet! My DH is still trying to fix the dresser for goodness sake. He won't give up on it... Says he "won't let it beat him" haha. I'm this close to buying an unfinished IKEA dresser and painting it yellow. Argh.

Went to my check up today and saw a different Dr today. Found out I've gained only 13 lbs which I think is pretty good! I hadn't asked about my weight gain on purpose because I didn't want to obsess, but I'm glad to find out now.

Next appt is Dec 23, including a sonogram! Hooray!

36. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I've only made it as far as all of the newborn clothes/blankets in the laundry basket. Some how, I forgot to take them downstairs to the washing machine, so don't worry, you aren't alone! Oh, and we got an IKEA dresser, too. My partner kept insisting he'd build one, but I pulled the, "IKEA is so much easier" card.

37. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Anyone washing toys? I'm talking mostly stuffed toys. I'm going to wash the security blankets we got but wasn't sure what to do with the stuffed car seat toys. Anything that is plastic I was planning on running through the dish washer w/o soap on a hot cycle. Unless someone else has a better idea?

38. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: Oh geez, those comments would not make me happy either! I received a fair share too, and i'm only having one!

@MamaBehr: Yikes that's scary and maybe somewhat exciting!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: 13lbs wow! Good for you. I have you beat by more than double

39. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Lindsay05: well, I'm plus size so I especially didn't want to gain too much weight. If I was smaller, I probably would've gained more by now. I'm hoping I won't blow up over Christmas. Those darn Christmas cookies!

40. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: haha, yes those darn cookies. Oh well, indulge and don't feel guilty

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee