Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 babies!

1. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: oh my gosh!! Twins?!?! Congratulations!!!

2. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

Officially in the SECOND TRIMESTER!!!! I can't believe it!! It seemed like weeks 4-9 took forever, but the last few just flew by.

3. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@MamaBehr: Whoop whoop!!

4. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@MamaBehr: i agree! It feels great! The best trimester.

5. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

How many of you ladies have announced?? I'm 12w1d and I think we're announcing this Saturday (I'll be 12w4d) but we're having a doppler done on Friday, so I figure that's as much "safety" as we can ask for after we hear baby's heartbeat again!

I'm kind of nervous about announcing.. I'm not a big fan of lots of attention. When did you guys announce?

6. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Baby just wanted to stare at the ultrasound so no cute profile pictures, just the scary skeleton face, lol. And heart rate was 167 BPM!

7. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@wahine08: we are announcing at 14.5 weeks.

8. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@wahine08: we announced right away. We aren't patient people.

9. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@wahine08: we have started to tell people in person now (after our ultrasound showed everything was good on Friday!), and we will announce on Facebook in the next week or two probably. I'm 12w1d today.

10. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@wahine08: we told our parents right away & announced to the in laws last weekend. We will announce to the rest of my family next weekend. I'm supper bloated right now & there is NO way I will be able to hide it at that point. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow.

@Navy_Mommy: lol scary face crazy to see our babies starting to take shape they are tiny humans now!

11. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Just checking in to say hi to everyone. I hope you all are having a great 4th of July!

12. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

Any of you ladies have an at home doppler machine?? I'm so tempted. My symptoms are pretty much gone and it's hard for me not to worry since I can't feel the baby yet! I'm definitely a little bumpy (I'm 15w tomorrow)

13. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@wahine08: from everything I've read if you get one 9 times out of 10 you're actually listening to your own heartbeat, not the baby, lol.

14. Lately

cherry / 131 posts

I've been MIA for a while now due to a misdiagnosed miscarriage early on that sent me through a very dark couple of months with a bad prognosis at every turn. But guess what... my doctor was dead wrong all along. I am so glad I refused the D&C at 6 weeks.

I'm with an amazing midwife now and all appears to be well so far (although I still feel leery about making that declaration). 16w2d! Hurrah!

I have a lot of catching up to do with all the January 2014 threads, but I hope I'll be up to speed soon.

15. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lately: say what!? I didn't know a MC could be misdiagnosed!

16. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Lately: Wow!! I'm so so sorry you had to go through all that! I'm so glad you're good and are past it, though. It must've been so stressful and terrifying!

17. Lately

cherry / 131 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Yup, they took a peek at 6 weeks because I had some bleeding, and saw nothing but an empty gestational sac and a mysterious unidentified 1.6 cm round thingy that was not embryo-related. Based on the ultrasound report, my doctor seemed content to call it a failed pregnancy/blighted ovum and recommended a D&C to clear everything out. I insisted on a follow-up, and they found a living embryo, but then they didn't like my betas in weeks 7-9 ("too high", not doubling, and then falling as of 8 weeks). I think they just did the ultrasound too early and the betas too late, and then jumped to conclusions. Never learned what the mystery object is, but the fetus is now far larger than it and it doesn't seem to be interfering with anything.

@wahine08: It really was stressful and terrifying, but now I'm so incredibly grateful to be pregnant and really revelling in it.

18. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@lately I'm so sorry you had to go through all that, it is terrible. I can't even believe that something like that could happen... When are you due? Are you due on the 5th? I think we might have the same date

19. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@wahine08 I have one and I totally hear my baby, not me. The difference between me and the baby is very clear, my heartbeat is slow and the baby's is pretty fast. I don't use it every day, more like once or twice a week, but it is nice to have that added comfort.

20. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Lately: Oh hell no! I would be SO pissed if my OB did that! I am so glad you waited & got a second look at things. WOW. God is so good! Welcome back!

21. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I made DH go take some pictures of LO and I for my blog and HOLY BUMP BATMAN! 13w3d today (hello second trimester)!

22. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Adorable!! That's a great picture

23. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@wahine08: thanks I'm a photography hobbyist and when I need/want pictures of myself I have to do all the settings and tell DH what to do. With pictures like this (with the sun shining through in the back) I have to frame the shot, tell DH where tostand, and tell him what needs to be where, lol. I'm hoping he'll start to catch on eventually... lol.

24. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@Lately: Oh my, I cannot believe you had to go through that. That must have been so stressful. Good for you for demanding further tests and finding answers. It just makes me wonder how often this happens. So sad. It's glad to have you back and hopefully feeling much better!

@Navy_Mommy: What a sweet photo

25. Lately

cherry / 131 posts

Thanks for the big welcome back, everyone. I'm very happy to be amongst you again.

@MamaBehr: We're close! I'm due January 4.

@Sugar.Biscuit: Wasn't an OB, was a family doctor. Which tempers my anger somewhat because while he should have known better, I can see understand how he didn't have a good handle on the situation. I just wish he had been a little more careful and conservative, not to mention more sensitive to how I might be feeling through all of this! And oh wow, twins! Congratulations to you!

@Navy_Mommy: That is one cute bump you've got going on, and a very sweet photo.

@Lindsay05: There's a whole site devoted to misdiagnosed miscarriages (http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/), and I've even come across a number of very tragic posts from women who took their doctor's word and had the D&C to get it over with, and are now wondering after the fact. I guess above all I'm horrified by what the outcome could have been. But again, feeling so grateful and happy about everything now.

26. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

I thought I'd pop in and share the cute dream DH had last night. This is the second dream he has had (that I know of) where our child is a daughter. I guess SHE was fussing for FIL when he told DH to take her. DH took her & she said I want mommy. So he got his camera out to make a video cause these where her first words (apparently our child is very advanced & is already forming sentences as first words lol) and asked her to repeat it then asked who do you love & she said daddy.

DH NEVER takes pictures or records anything & I find that he shared this dream is adorable! Have any of your men had baby dreams?

27. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I think I've been feeling the baby move With my first I didn't feel anything till 18 weeks at the earliest, but they're pretty distinct baby-not-gas-flutters I'm feeling even though I'm not even 15 weeks yet!

28. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

This is totally random, but does anyone want to do a "secret santa" type thing, pregnant style? So every month, or trimester, or whatever we decide, we buy a small gift for a fellow January mommy put it in the mail and then we get one from a fellow January mommy too! It might be a fun thing to do... I don't know... just a thought

29. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@MamaBehr: what a cute idea!

30. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

bumping this. We could also do an ornament or holiday card exchange.

31. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MamaBehr: I just saw this! I like your idea!

32. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Halfway done as of today! And pinched a nerve in my back and can't carry any weight on my left side so I'm actually using a cane...

33. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I've been seeing a chiropractor since I was about 15 weeks (nasty pinched nerve that hasn't come back yet) & it has been a life saver for me. She is specialized in prenatal care & has an adjustable table that she can fit to my belly. I will always recommend it & have it for all my pregnancies from here on out. Hope you have been able to find some relief!

34. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: I've been to the chiropractor every day this week, start physical therapy on Friday... no relief yet. DH is taking next week off in hopes that I can rest, I haven't had any feeling in my left foot since Friday :'(

35. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@Navy_Mommy: thumbs down! Good thing your DH can take some time off to help. Hope you find something that works!

36. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

Argh. Anterior placentas suck, I'm 22 weeks and still haven't felt baby move!!

37. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

How is everyone feeling these days? This is going by so fast but yet so slow!

I am experiencing some major fatigue right now. Not sure if baby is growing or if I am lacking something or what. We are looking at getting DD into some casual daycare (1 or 2 days a week) just to give me a break. It makes me a little sad but I think it is good for all of us. We do lots of work out of our home so those couple of days will help us get caught up and hopefully reduce some stress!

On the positive side, i am feeling kicks and punches like crazy which is always fun!

38. Vegmama

pear / 1799 posts

@Lindsay05: I'm feeling pretty good. I had a lot of fatigue last week (I'm just now 24 weeks), so I'm sure we're all going through some growth spurts.

I am so inspired by you mamas who are pregnant with another baby (or more) at home already. I don't know how you do it!

39. wahine08

clementine / 957 posts

@Lindsay05: This fatigue!! it's at the worst times.. in the middle of the day at the office! I've contemplated shutting off my lights and door and pretending I'm out just to nap under my desk! haha

I am also feeling so much movement! It's really exciting. I still haven't gotten used to it but I'm starting to see patterns of when I feel her which is nice so I can plan to have DH sit near me.

40. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Lindsay05: I was just saying that I'm feeling so much more worn down and tired the last couple days! Glad I'm not the only one! Maybe it's a growth spurt? I hope it passes, it's too early to be tired and dragging!!

I'm feeling all sorts of movement too! I joke that our little man is having a dance party in my belly

ETA: Is anyone starting to get their nursery or registeries together yet? We are JUST starting... cleaning out the "office" that will be the nursery and starting a registry!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee