Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@oliviaoblivia: one big birthday party lol!
    @MrsYellowJacket: yay for a good ultrasound. I had mine at 18 w but they have to go back and redo part of it at 22w because they couldn't get a good shot of the heart. So I go back for that on August 31.

2. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: mine is August 24th, at 19 weeks. It's super early in the morning (7:30AM) so luckily I won't have to think about it all day!

@nycbee: and @brady80: Welcome!

This was my first week back at work and man, my hips were killing me the first two days! I bought a maternity support belt and now I'm building my outfits around my two most supportive sandals On the upside, I have been feeling baby movement everyday now! I can't wait until DH can feel it.

Also, my BEST friend just texted me to tell me she's pregnant with her first, too! I'm so overjoyed for her and I hope her first trimester speeds by with healthiness and great ultrasounds

3. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@oliviaoblivia: my second is on the 31st as well!

@sera_87: *hugs*

@travellingbee: looks like we'll have lots of updates on the 31st - that's 3 of us on the same day. Hopefully LO cooperates this time around

@DesertDreams88: Don't you love early appts?? I do too! I like knowing first thing in the day! And congrats to your friend - nice to have someone IRL to go through it with

4. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Ummm, experienced moms, is there any such thing as too many receiving blankets? I just got 9 Circo ones from a friend, and I'm registered for 5 more Circo ones and 4 aden & anais... Should I unregister for the Circo ones?

Also, I'm having awesome success with Facebook swip swap groups. I got a Boppy + extra cover + My Breast Friend pillow for only $15 (normally $80 total)! I'm about to go pick up a lot of 70 newborn and 0-3 month boy clothes for $25, and a Beco Gemini carrier for $50 (full price normally $120). Makes it feel a lot more real.

I'm trying to hold off though, mostly, for baby showers.

5. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@DesertDreams88: great deals! I'd return the circo blankets. We got some and never used them, eventually I cut them up and used the, for burp rags. The A&A ones are nicer and a much better size for swaddling, nursing cover, etc. they really are so versatile.

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I swore I wasn't going to buy clothes, then I wasn't going to buy anything until we knew the gender, but that didn't last.

I got the sandals for our gender reveal (in about two weeks). And the hoodie was just too cute!

7. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MaryM: that hoodie is adorable!

@DesertDreams88: I used the flannel type ones for burp rags, soaking up leaking milk while nursing (I leaked a LOT) and other messy situations. For swaddling, I only used A&A ones and I used them to cover the car seat a lot. We used thick fleece or crocheted ones for walks in the stroller or keeping her warm in the car seat, but not very much b/c it's not really cold in Houston. And so exciting to have a IRL friend to go through this with. My BF is also expecting her 2nd LO in Jan, but since she lives in Canada, we won't get to see each other this pregnancy.

My anatomy scan is on the 28th. Really looking forward to it because the dr apt I was supposed to have last week got cancelled so it will have been 6 weeks since I've heard a HB.

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@MaryM: Love those hoodies and sandals!

@DesertDreams88: I also cut up extra receiving blankets into small washcloths. There was a lot to wipe up those first few months and they came in handy. You could probably take the extra ones off your registry since you already have so many. Love that you're having success off your FB group!

Excited for all the upcoming anatomy scans! Ours is a week from Wednesday. I've been feeling the baby move around at night for a few weeks now. My first LO hardly ever moved so I'm already a little nervous that this one may be high energy!

9. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

8 days until anatomy scan. So nervous and excited all at once. I think that basically sums up pregnancy so far though, lol. We are doing a little gender reveal at our house that night with some family and friends.. so hopefully LO cooperates! Does anybody have any advice on how to "make sure" the scan goes well? Someone told me to drink cold juice about a half hour before.

We're cloth diapering.. is anybody else? I've ordered about half of the stash that I want so far (I want about 40 in total to be able to wash every 3 days and I have about 19 now).

Our house is currently under major renovation.. our room and the nursery are on the main level but we're completely redoing the bathroom that's right there and the nursery is being redone with electric to add a fan, plus some trimwork and paint .. and our entire basement is being refinished. So right now all of our stuff is either crammed in the nursery for now or in other parts of the house. I had a mini breakdown last night because I wanted the work done by late October but that's not looking too likely at this point and I just want it all done and put away and organized before baby gets here. It's exciting, but stressful!!

10. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@kristinleigh: We cloth diaper. We started off with 24 in our stash and that was plenty; I was washing every 2-3 days. But we waited to start CDing until he was 12 weeks - I didn't want to bother buying NB size diapers, and at the CD class we took, the lady said the one-size dipes don't really fit well until they're about 11-12lbs, even though they say they fit at 8lbs. Our stock was exclusively Bumgenius Freetime AIOs. We got all velcro closure because we thought it woudl be easier, and it has been easy, but I will have to replace a LOT of the velcro before LO2 comes along. If I could do it over again, I'd make my whole stash snaps. Oh well. Live and learn.

11. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@MaryM: Yeahhhh...I totally swore I was not going to be one of those moms who goes out and buys all pink, girly, stuff just because now I'm having a girl. I kept a bunch of D's gender-neutral stuff. But then I walked into our local consignment shop and it was like "GIMME ALL THE PINK THINGS!!!!"

At least I'm trying to buy everything on consignment this time around....?

12. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@kristinleigh: to make any ultrasound go well have some sugar (whether eaten or drunk) beforehand. Sugar makes babies dance! Lol.

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Ugh. Other than a potty break, I've been on my feet (on concrete) in an unairconditioned shop all day (thank god for giant fans and free water!).

My feet and ass hurt!

14. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

High risk appointment in the morning & then genetic counselling appointment tomorrow in the afternoon. Been trying to keep it zen all weekend & stay off of google as much as possible.

No real point to this I guess. Just ...I guess I hate feeling so hopeless ?

15. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@sera_87: fingers crossed for the best news possible tomorrow!

16. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sera_87: thinking of you.

17. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@brady80: Hi due date twin! Congratulations and welcome. I also have a 2 year old daughter. I will have a scheduled C-section, probably at 39 weeks, because my first was delivered via C-section. I had a pleasant recovery and C-section experience so I am hoping for the same experience. Looking forward to chatting with you and all the mommies more.

18. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@sera_87: thinking of you and hoping for the best case scenario too!

19. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: thinking of you

20. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@DesertDreams88: I never used any of the receiving blankets we got, but we did use some of the cheap Gerber pre-fold cloth diapers as spit up rags. I like the idea of using the receiving blankets for that if you already have some. The Aiden and Anais muslin swaddles, however, we STILL use with my two year old for various things. They're a really good size to cover a car seat or a stroller and to lay out over dirty surfaces, I may get another pack of those this time around.

21. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@sera_87: Sending you lots of hugs.

22. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@cvwood: We still use ours a lot as well. Most recently, my LO likes to be wrapped up "like a baby" in them. I'll get another set for the new baby because LO is still so attached to hers and I don't want the new baby to take them away.

@DesertDreams88: also, FYI, there is a noticeable difference in the Aiden & Anais swaddles (found at specialty shops) and the Aden by Aiden & Anais blankets (found at Target, BRU, and BBB).

23. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@sera_87: Thoughts are with you

24. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@sera_87: I am thinking of you.

25. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@sera_87: thinking of you and hope all goes well

26. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Alright so.

Baby measuring 3 weeks behind with the brain being 1 week behind. Kidneys are "small" & anatomy was "hard to see". Cord insertion, aminotic fluid all normal. No fluid in the brain so it's not whatever torchwood had. (Hyper?? Something).
    IPS not back yet. The bloodwork to check for infections came back negative so it's not that.

Have blood work to do as well as ultrasound/doc appointment in 2 weeks. Also have blood transfusions booked for aug 26 and 28 to deal with my anemia (currently at a 71).

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@sera_87: Last time it measured 4 weeks behind, right? So maybe things are improving? Hoping things continue to look good for you and baby

28. travellingbee

@sera_87: that sounds more positive, right?

29. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@MaryM: that *was* the report they took at the ultrasound so when the doctor said "almost 4 weeks behind" really fast I took it to mean 4 weeks, but I guess for the report they have to round down? I mean "almost" 4 weeks doesn't mean 4, it means 3.

30. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@sera_87: That makes sense. Well, 3 sounds better than 4!

31. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sera_87: three is better than four! How are you feeling about the appointment?

32. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@travellingbee: yes I definitely breathed a huge sigh of relief this time around. I mean I'm still worried as all heck but it's less than the choking feeling of "your baby is going to die RIGHT NOW"

33. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sera_87: (((hugs)))

34. travellingbee

@sera_87: I'm glad. FXed for nothing but more and more positive news...

35. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@sera_87: Hope the news keeps getting better Sending big hugs!

My 20 week scan is tomorrow and now DH can't come b/c of a death in the family. I'll have my 3 year old DD with me Loading up on suckers and Daniel Tiger on my phone. Hopefully all goes well!

36. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@sera_87: Glad you are feeling a bit better after today's appointment. I hope the baby continues to surprise the doctors with healthy growth! Hugs.

37. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@sera_87: hope the news keeps getting better and better!

@Mrs.Shinerbock: thanks for that note about the A&A swaddles vs. blankets, I had no idea!

38. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

I had my anatomy scan today and baby looked great! She was moving all over the place I go back in three weeks for a echocardiogram - it was recommended because we did IVF. Everything looked find with baby's heart today, but they want to have an extra careful look. Feeling so overjoyed and relieved tonight! Can't wait for more anatomy scan updates soon

39. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@sera_87: so happy to hear the good news! I'm hoping for more great updates soon

40. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@kristinleigh: We're going to try CD with the twins. We've started building a stash

@sera_87: Happy to hear the brain is only 1 week behind. That's good news!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee