Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsCDH: Welcome! And I feel you on the exhaustion! I have no idea how I've been getting by with a toddler too!

@Chillybear: DD is only 17 months so we've been telling her but I have no idea how much she understands. Maybe when my belly gets bigger she will have a better idea...

@LovelyPlum: LOL! I def was not planning on this! I thought I had a few more months! But kinda happy to skip TTC

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@MrsCDH: welcome! I guess sometimes the best plans in life aren't planned!
    @Chillybear: @LovelyPlum: We don't want to have to explain Mommy doesn't have a baby in her tummy anymore. So we are planning on waiting till the genetic testing is back and then tell her. I think by then the miscarriage rate will be low enough we be comfortable. Plus I think knowing if it a baby brother or sister will help her. I thought about getting her a new baby doll, and telling her that if it is wearing pink she is getting a baby sister or blue a baby brother. But I bet we will end up just telling her and her response will be ok, can I watch TV?
    @LovelyPlum: I can't say anything about the gap yet. I think it will be good. She doesn't know but is super into her baby dolls lately, which she hasn't been in a long time. Although the day after I found out I was pregnant, she saw a baby on a billboard and asked what his name one (she wants to know everyone's name) and I said I don't know. Do you want a baby sister or bother? No, I want it to just be Daddy, Mommy, and R. But then last week we were at our neighbors and I was holding their baby. The Mom asked her if she wanted a baby brother/sister. R said that she wanted that baby. The Mom laughed and said we were welcome to take him home for the night. I'm doing fine, just so use to being solo during the week. Really tired and she is being a pill this week, so I am trying to breathe a lot and not lose my patience with her.

3. Smurfette

Jan 5 - Sunnyday (#3), Chillybear (#2), Afishermanswife (#1), snowjewelz (#2)
    Jan 9 - Ruby26 (#1), Limabeanbabies (#3), Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 14 - Mybell208 (#2)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 21 - Makingbabyw (#1)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)

4. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: LO is 2 1/2 and she knows my best friend and also her teacher have babies in their bellies. We're not yet ready to share the news publicly and i just know she'll say something along the lines "my mommy has a baby in her belly too"

5. Smurfette

@Chillybear: this too! I know she would tell everyone.

6. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: hahaha seriously, they can't keep secrets!

I love how we all have the same due date since it's early lol!

7. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: I was 9 yrs old when my mom had my brother (my only sibling) and i had been asking for a sibling for years at this point (i want to say my mom had 2 miscarriages prior to). I remember them telling me on my 9th birthday that my mom was pregnant. Still one of my best gifts ever!

8. Colette1285

coffee bean / 39 posts

Hi ladies! I have been lurking here for a bit and finally am cautiously joining. We had a bit of an infertility battle to get here, and I am so excited!

EDD: January 5
    How far along: 6 weeks
    First child? Yes!
    First doctor appointment: Yesterday. We got to see the heartbeat... so exciting! We are still seeing our RE. We go back one more time, on May 31st, and then get discharged to my OB.
    Any symptoms so far? very sore breasts, sooo tired, afternoon nausea starting this week
    Who have you told? DH and my parents. My mom knew we were doing IF treatment so we couldn't not tell them.

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Cautiously dipping my toe in over here...

EDD: Jan. 25th

How far along: 4 weeks exactly!

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: I had the pee in a cup nurse intake appointment at my OB's office yesterday, and have a hematologist appointment tomorrow because I have a blood clotting disorder. First ultrasound is scheduled for 6/20.

Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, a little tired, on and off cramping, and a HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth that won't go away. Anyone else have this?

Who have you told? My sisters, my BFF, and I am a doula so I told two doula colleagues who will back me up if I'm unable to attend a birth.

10. snowjewelz

@Colette1285: ah jealous you got to see heartbeat! so happy for you, welcome!!

@IRunForFun: yay congrats!!! i didn't have it but i have heard many people having that metallic taste!

11. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@IRunForFun: EXCUSE ME???

I saw you bump the bug spray post and wondered. I'm absolutely thrilled for you guys!!

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@LBee: Thank you!!!! Feeling very fortunate!!

@snowjewelz: Thanks! Yeah I read the metallic taste can be caused by an increase in estrogen I guess. It makes everything taste bad.

13. Smurfette

@Colette1285: Cograts! Seeing the heartbeat is so exciting and makes it to real.
    @IRunForFun: Congrats!!

Apparently the 5th is a popular date
    Jan 5 - Sunnyday (#3), Chillybear (#2), Afishermanswife (#1), snowjewelz (#2), Colette1285 (#1)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 14 - Mybell208 (#2)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 25 - IRunForFun (#1)

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Thanks!!

Oh, and we plan to be Team Green!

15. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: Thank-you for the updated lists!!! Yay for the 5th! I can't wait to see when we actually all have them, versus edd's, and see how they may change once we get our first u/s as well

I don't know if we will be TG or not. We found out with DD, TG with DS, I am hoping DH will be okay with me finding out but we won't tell anyone I know for this one. I don't know why, but I just have to know, lol.

16. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

We're team green. DH and I both agree that it's a fun surprise. Plus neither of our parents found out and we liked that.
    @Smurfette: thanks for putting together this list! It's so fun to see everyone!

17. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

EDD: January 14th, I got a due date bud already @mybell208

How far along: 5 1/2 weeks

First child? Our son turned 4 in March. He is so excited to be a big brother. I'm really looking forward to seeing them interact already!

First doctor appointment: June 9th

Any symptoms so far? All of them, lol. Food aversions and cravings. Nausea. Fatigue. Excess saliva. I'm really happy though. I'm so much less worried this time around.

Who have you told? Husband, best friend, coworkers which was really early but I fell asleep during our lunch 20 minutes while sitting upright. I'm waiting for my parents to come home from their trip to China to tell them in person!

18. limabeanbabies

olive / 57 posts

@Sunnyday I *have* to find out each time, too! I can't imagine not knowing, though I think it would be the best surprise ever! I just couldn't do it. We have two girls, so I can't get the idea of a little brother out of my head!

Also, would anyone be interested in a Facebook group for January mamas? The last due date board I was on for baby 2 set one up, and we all love it! I'd be happy to do that if anyone's interested.

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@ruby26: I think it's a fun surprise too! I'm a doula and whenever I have a couple who haven't found out and the dad gets to call out the sex it's the best moment. That being said, I can understand finding out too for the sake of preparing and also crazy curiosity.

@JessyMess: Hahaha I'm sorry but I had to LOL at the thought of you falling asleep sitting up.

@limabeanbabies: I'd be up for an FB group.

20. Smurfette

@JessyMess: Congrats! I can't believe you fell asleep sitting up!

Jan 5 - Sunnyday (#3), Chillybear (#2), Afishermanswife (#1), snowjewelz (#2), Colette1285 (#1)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 14 - Mybell208 (#2), JessyMess (#2)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 25 - IRunForFun (#1)

21. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Smurfette: You can toss me up there on the 15th! Made it further than I did last time and feeling all the pregnancy symptoms, so very hopeful!

22. Smurfette

@Tanjowen: So sorry that I missed you!

Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 14 - Mybell208 (#2), JessyMess (#2)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2),Tanjowen (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 25 - IRunForFun (#1)

23. snowjewelz

@limabeanbabies: I am the same, I must know! My personality just doesn't allow for surprise, haha!

24. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

EDD: 1/28

How far along: 3 weeks 6 days

First child? yes

First doctor appointment: Dont know yet, will call the doc office in about 2 weeks waiting for my insurance

Any symptoms so far? Tender breasts and fatigue

Who have you told?
    Husband only, will tell my MIL in a couple of weeks maybe after first ultrasound

25. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

As we were discussing this yesterday... little pitchers have big ears... My LO told her pregnant teacher that mommy has a baby in her belly too! and then her teacher asked me when I picked her up. I love how all these acquaintances/3rd tier people know i'm pregnant and we haven't even told hub's parents yet.

26. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: hahaha ohh great!

27. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Chillybear: Oh my! I could not imagine telling my DD. She would tell the world! She will be the first to know when we announce, but until then....no way!! I don't think my DS would quite get it enough to relay the message, but still not going there with them yet.

@limabeanbabies: In for a fb group for sure.

The crazy curiosity just gets me on knowing. I don't need to the world to know....just me, lol. I don't need to buy anything, I don't need to prepare, just need.to.know because there is the ability to know, lol.

There is a 3D (paid) ultrasound spot near me in mega hot water right now for giving Mom's the same images!! There's something like 13 Mom's that all have the same hard copy picture. The news has picked it up, and the place made a statement about a glitch, but oye. My biggest sadness would be for a Mom who had a loss, likely in this case a late one if they were getting 3D done and this was one of their few "actual" physical things for that baby. Hope that isn't the case for anyone.

28. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@sunnyday: @snowjewelz: we didnt even really tell her... we've talked about things in front of her though. she just picked up on it i guess.

29. Smurfette

@faithlove224: Congrats!
    @Chillybear: haha! Point made why we are waiting.

30. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Chillybear: They miss nothing, it is seriously insane to me!!

DD repeated something DH says at daycare this week. I got a text from daycare about it and screenshot the text to DH. I was soooo unimpressed. We need to be so careful!

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@faithlove224: Welcome and congrats! I'm not the last one in the month anymore!

@sunnyday: That's awful about the 3D ultrasound place! Yikes!

32. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@IRunForFun: aaah, congratulations!!!!! Also, I didn't know you were up my way!! Where in upstate are you? We are in WNY.

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thanks!! We're not quite as far upstate. In the state's capital!

34. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

ugh... my day started out so queasy and now i just feel so bloated. I just want to lay on the couch in the fetal position.

35. Smurfette

@Chillybear: I am seriously struggling to keep my eyes open at work. I just want a nap.

36. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: hubs leaves for a 4 night trip tomorrow afternoon. God better give me some grace and patience.

37. Smurfette

@Chillybear: Good luck! Mine leaves Mon for the 5th week in a row. This week LO really tested my patience. I felt so bad, I couldn't handle the whiny this week. Going to try and get some fun Mommy-LO time this weekend.

38. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

Congrats ladies! I have been having a hard time sleeping these past couple of nights, I have pelvic pain and some back pain which causes me to toss and turn alot, last night i got an hour and a half of sleep now Im sitting here at work so sleepy...is this normal, I thought sleeping wasnt a problem until the 2nd trimester?? and does it get better bc I really want to sleep as long as I used to but Im having insomnia isntead

39. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: this is me right now. nauseous all day, and suddenly now i can't even keep my eyes open. i am cashing in my one cup of caffeine right now...

40. Smurfette

@faithlove224: pregnancy insomnia is very common the 1st tri. Taking unisom is the only way I get any sleep these days. I have found half of one works just as well.

@snowjewelz: I can't survive on just one Diet Coke a day. I am limiting it to 2 but I really want to drink it all day. Craving the taste too.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee