Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 moms

1. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@pmrlady: I sorted it out and will just dial in. Luckily a senior person from another team was scheduled to attend this meeting which is unusual. We have different jobs but she is capable of running point and agreed to help out.

2. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@ElbieKay: great!

3. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@Kitkat: Yes, we were It's all been on FB so long that I just completely forgot everybody's original HB names lol

4. oldschooolmama

cherry / 114 posts

@kitkat- Welcome and congrats!

Roughly 6 more months until we get to meet our little babies!

5. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@saboma: Do you mind me asking what in particular you’re doing to avoid it this time? I was never officially diagnosed, and I think a huge part of it was me not being prepared for how hard it was and how sleep deprived I would be. People tell you about the lack of sleep, but I naively thought I would be so happy to have this baby we tried so long for that I would just be kind of blissfully exhausted (lol). It was also really hard to believe people when they would say something was a phase. Hoping that now that I know what to expect, it won’t hit me as hard.

6. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@pmrlady: Congratulations! Mine is tomorrow, and I'm really nervous for it! Let me know if you want to be added to the Facebook group.
    @ElbieKay: Sorry about the m/s. I had a lot more nausea than with my first (successful) pregnancy, and have only thrown up a handful of times. It's so rough, and I know I have it easy!

7. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@pmrlady: Congrats on a good scan! and @ChiCalGoBee: best of luck with yours tomorrow I have mine scheduled for Saturday morning. Hard to believe we're all so close to (or in) the second trimester already

8. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

I haven't really posted in here yet because I had a weird feeling about this pregnancy and was worried it was another missed miscarriage. Had my 12 week scan yesterday and found out it's twins! So I'll send my email to be added on facebook, hoping we can keep these babies cooking until July.

9. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@xInfinity: omg congrats! So now we have three twin pregnancies Do you know what kind of twins you have? Mine are mono di and @Laughlines has di di twins.

Also let us know if your head is spinning. Mine still is, and I have had two weeks to adjust to the news.

10. oldschooolmama

cherry / 114 posts

@xinfinity- Congrats! That is super exciting!

11. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@xInfinity: congratulations!! So many twins in July!

12. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

@ElbieKay: Oh my gosh I'm still completely stunned! I have a 3 year old and 20 month old already so I'm super scared for 4 under 4. Well...the ultrasound tech told me that they are fraternal. I've now learned that the only way to know that from ultrasound is if they are boy/girl and we don't know that yet. So either my tech has no idea what she's talking about or she just uses that as her simplified way to say di di without explaining the terms and details. But I'll discuss with my doc at my next appt.

13. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@cnidaria: Thanks, it was great!

@xInfinity: Welcome and congrats on the twins! I sent a Facebook invite to the address you listed-let me know if you didn't get it!

14. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@xInfinity: Ummm I read on the internet (so obviously reliable!) that a third of identicals are di di. It has to do with how early they split. So I bet she meant di di. Or she has no idea what she is talking about and you need a new tech! I was told at my last scan that mono di show the sacs as fainter "bubbles" around the babies while di di show a more explicit "T" shape separating them because the membrane is thicker.

I'm sure they will clarify at your next appointment.

I think the only way to confirm that di di are identical is if you do a cheek swab after they are born to compare their genes.

ETA: I am totally freaked out about how I will manage two babies and my son. At least he will be 4.5 but this is going to be a helluva shock for all of us.

Also you are lucky that they are di di so that you do not have to worry about TTTS!

15. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

@ElbieKay: yes exactly. By her saying they are fraternal, I at least know they are di di. But apparently it's really common for ultrasound techs to assume di di are fraternal even though it's not always true (more common but not always) I'm really looking forward to seeing my Dr and getting some info and confirming this stuff.

Yes, trying to picture caring for 2 newborns at once is scary enough, add in 2 older kids still at home full time with me and I'm super terrified!

16. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

So my first trimester screen blood test came back positive for Down Syndrome (1:200). The nuchal translucency was normal. My OB said I should do the NIPT before doing anything invasive like an amniocentesis. The NIPT is supposed to be more accurate. I'm not too worried since it's only 0.5% chance of being Downs, but seeing the word "abnormal" on the test result is making me a little anxious....hopefully I can get the NIPT test asap.

17. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@pmrlady: how stressful to be in that limbo, that would make me incredibly anxious as well. I hope you’re able to get some more definitive answers soon.

18. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@xInfinity: wooo another set of twins! Will you be doing the blood test to find out genders? Mine are boy/girl twins

19. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@pmrlady: Oh gosh, so sorry you're dealing with this added stress. The perinatologist at our NT scan said last week that the first trimester blood screening tends to have more false positives than NIPT. My fingers and toes are crossed for you that NIPT comes back normal and you can relax.

20. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

Just got my NIPT results back and they are normal! What a relief, I was holding my breath when they called me lol. And found out I'm having a boy First one is a girl so it will be nice to have one of each. How is everyone doing?

21. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@pmrlady: Yaaaaaaaay! I'm so glad your test results look good! I basically choked up when I got my results too. I had really worked myself up over it and was terrified. I am 40 (really almost 41) and this pregnancy took two years and two miscarriages. It really feels like my last shot at a second (well, and now third) baby. And since my twins are identical, they have the same genes and so it was an all-or-nothing outcome for me. Plus we were waiting for those results to tell our son and our parents the news. So it felt like a LOT was riding on that test!

22. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@pmrlady: that’s great news, what a relief! And congrats on the boy - having one of each sounds fun!

23. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@ElbieKay: the waiting part is the worst, especially when you're higher risk. Glad your results came out ok!
    @elljay: thank you!

24. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

I had my NT scan on Monday and everything looked good! Heart beat was 144 and baby was moving a lot and sucking its fingers. I can't decide if I think it's a boy or girl this time! We have one of each. I find out in 6 weeks!

25. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

@LaughLines: No, we did the NT scan/blood test but the other one isn't really an option here. I think they only offer it as further testing if you get high risk results on the nuchal. We won't find out until our 20 week ultrasound on March 2nd.

26. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@pmrlady: Congratulations on great results, and on having one of each! What fun!
    @Mrs. Champagne: Congratulations on the great NT! I, too, feel such relief after getting through that important scan. It will be so fun to find out the sex of this baby! Have all 3 of these pregnancies been the same, or were your boy/girl pregnancies different? How does this one compare?

27. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@Kitkat: sorry I didn't reply sooner, only just saw your message! I'm basically doing everything opposite to last time, especially for stuff I thought might have affected my PPD. For example, we didn't find out if we were having a boy or girl last time, and I feel like that prevented me from really bonding with baby before she was born (because we called her "it" since we didn't know); so this time we've decided to find out so we can say he or she and start picturing a boy or girl. We're also hiring a post-partum doula for the first few weeks to help us transition to parenting 2 kiddos. And I'm going to work much harder at establishing breastfeeding before we leave the hospital; last time, it was around week 3 that we realized my daughter wasn't eating enough, and that started my PPD, and it could've been avoided (at least I think) if I'd gotten more help in the hospital those first couple days.

Update from me: I'm steadily growing and feeling huge. I keep having days of anxiety where I feel like things aren't progressing well with my pregnancy, but with no real symptoms to back it up, so I think it's just nerves. We have our anatomy scan tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll feel much better after I see baby on the screen again and see that everything is growing as it should be. And we'll find out the sex! Yay!

Hope you're all feeling well!

28. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@saboma: good luck on the anatomy scan!
    I am definitely getting bigger. My pants are getting tight so I'm gonna need to get some maternity work pants this weekend.
    Anyone feeling movement? I'm not feeling anything yet

29. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@saboma: Congrats on the anatomy scan! Ours is two weeks from Friday and I cannot wait. I, too, have a lot of anxiety between appointments. Some days I worry things aren't progressing, so I can empathize with your worries.
    @pmrlady: I have an anterior placenta so I don't feel any movement yet which adds to my anxiety . I'm also in maternity pants pretty much full time!

30. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@saboma: thanks, I’ve been looking into postpartum doulas as well...also planning on pumping more/sooner so DH can do at least one overnight feed. We did this for awhile last time, but stopped when DS stopped waking up so much overnight...which also lead to bottle refusal when it was time to start daycare 😒
    So exciting your anatomy scan is tomorrow! Mine isn’t even scheduled yet (I’m 17+1). I’ve only even seen my doctor once this whole pregnancy since what I thought what was my 10 week appointment was actually my 14. I have an appointment on Thursday though, so assuming it will get scheduled then.

@pmrlady: feeling a few flutters here and there, but definitely feel like I felt a lot more by now with my son (which makes me nervous), but I guess it could also mean this baby is a little more relaxed than DS

31. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@pmrlady: yes I’ve been feeling movement for a while, but not consistently/regularly until just the last couple days. Not feeling it every day was definitely one of the things that got me worried, but now that I feel baby swimming around most of the time, I’m relaxing more.
    And I’ve been in maternity clothes since Christmas. I didn’t really need them quite that early, but they’re so much more comfortable!

32. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

@saboma: Good luck with the scan I can't believe we're getting to the halfway mark already! I have a requisition form so that I can book mine, but it won't be until late February/early March.

@pmrlady: I'm pretty sure I've felt a tiny bit of movement a couple of times, but it's still questionable and definitely not every day. I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and started feeling movement with my daughter at 16 weeks exactly, so it seems like a similar timeline. Looking forward to (hopefully) feeling more consistent movements in the next few weeks!

I'm still holding off on the maternity clothes for now, but my jeans are definitely getting tight.

33. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

Thanks everyone! Anatomy scan went really well today. Baby is growing well and everything looks happy and healthy. It was so nice to be able to see baby again, moving around, heart beating.
    AND we found out we’re having another GIRL. We’ve always wanted 2 girls so now our family will be complete. We’re very excited!!
    I feel like I can really relax into this pregnancy now that we’ve been past this hurdle. Yay!

34. oldschooolmama

cherry / 114 posts

@saboma Yay for a baby girl!

35. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@saboma: congrats on a baby girl! Glad your anatomy scan went well

36. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

Well I found out I have a Single Umbilical Artery (normally it's 2 arteries). Which means I'll need more frequent ultrasounds to check the baby's growth. Anyone else had this?

Hope everyone is doing well!

37. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@pmrlady: hi!!

I had this with my last pregnancy. Every thing else looked fine except the SUA. I had growth scans at 28, 32, 36 weeks. She was always measuring around the same - 50th percentile. I had a scheduled c section at 39 weeks because of a previous terrible labour. I'm not sure if they would have done 39 weeks otherwise.

She was born very healthy - a bit small at 6 poiunds 12 ounces, but she's a small toddler still and I'm a small person so i don't think the cord had much affect on her. We joke it caused her to be bald (my son was born with more hair then my daughter has now and she is 19 months!)

38. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: thanks! Good to know it didn't affect anything

39. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@pmrlady: I don't have any experience with this but I did find this thread which might be helpful:

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/sua-single-umbilical-artery#post-2786402

40. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@ElbieKay: thank you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee