Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: super cute!

Can't believe our babies are going to be a year old! So weird

Here is W's 11 month photo I did a week late..

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: So I thought weaning was going good, had it down to 4 sessions per day. But then....she got sick! I've been nursing her around the clock pretty much....:-( but that's okay. Once she's feeling better I will start cutting back again I think.

But yea, J is super distracted, if she hears anything she will pop off right away and look around! Question, I know you're a WOHM, when you pump, how much (quantity wise) are you getting? I only pump once at work now, and I get 3....maaaybe 4 oz. But mostly only 3. I still have them give J a 4 oz bottle though... Think I should give her smaller bottles?

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm still pumping 3 times a day and tend to get 11-12 oz total. Sometimes an extra ounce if I'm really lucky. At her 8 month appointment, the pediatrician said it's normal for production to decrease, based on your prolactin levels lowering. I don't have AF back yet but I'm sure if I did, that would make it worse. I do think I'm cycling/Oing somehow, just not getting AF but maybe I'm wrong. When I asked about her bottles, the doctor just said to adjust the bottle sizes based on what I pump. So sometimes she gets 3.5 or 3.75 ounce bottles instead. She still drinks them but is eating solids to balance it as well.

4. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: good to know about adjusting her bottles! I may just keep it how it is for now. I think in the next few weeks once she turns 1, I'm going to stop pumping all together! I'm so done! Kudos to you for pumping 3x still!!

How come you think you are O'ing? are you getting the O pains??

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: What a little cutie!!!!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: It's such a small adjustment anyways that I doubt she notices. I'm so ready to be done with this pump! I've noticed changes in CM and sometimes differences in supply. I could be totally making this up though lol!

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Here's her 10 month pic from the end of April!

8. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

You guyssss.....
    Our babies are going to be 1!! I'm so excited for Ellie's B-days. We are having to do 2 small seperate ones for Dh's side and my side. They kind of clash and we don't think it's a good idea to combine both sides and do one big party sooo it's been a little stressful trying to plan 2 bdays. . Is anyone doing a theme bday?

9. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: we are doing a music theme, but aren't getting super crazy into it. We are having it memorial day weekend so it's just a lot of bright reds, blues, etc. We did music on the invites, musical theme cake, and a couple themed decorations, but nothing too intense.

10. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Eko: how fun! All the kids should love that! Ellie is super into anything that makes noise, one of her little cousins has a mini drum set and she LOVES it.

We wanted to do a Memorial Day BBQ and just do red white and blue but I waited too long and now all the parks we had in mind are booked. Soo we're doing her party on her bday 6/4 and just doing an outdoor BBQ with red and white gingham decor. And then a simple Elmo theme with DH's side. Girlfriend loves Elmo....

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: We're doing red gingham too! I threw around BBQ or cowgirl themed but I think we're just going gingham/burlap/lace sort of stuff. I haven't decided on food yet. We're having it at a brewery and there isn't a ton of seated space so I feel like handheld items/apps would be better to have?

12. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: I'm having Holly's birthday on 6/4 too. I am going to Flordia for a bachelorette party next weekend, but flying home Sunday afternoon because that is her actual birthday (OMG!).

Holly is doing great! She hadn't really been sick yet, just a small cold here and there, but her sister had a stomach bug this weekend, so I'm worried she will get it too. I stopped nursing about 7 weeks ago. I was already down to one or two feelings a day and I wanted to start a migraine med, so I just switched her fully to formula. I really didn't have much milk left at all, so I think she was already frustrated about that and stopping didn't seem to bother her one bit. That's exactly how it was with J too - a non-issue. This time around was bittersweet for me, knowing that she is probably our last. I took a video of her nursing the last time, as it was likely my last time.

I am enjoying this age so much. Holly has always been easy, but she is such a delight right now. She finally learned how to stand unassisted and she is SO excited about it. I think she will be walking in the next week or two. She has taken one step to get to me from the couch, but that was it.

We're having a small party at home with a hot air balloon theme. Praying for nice weather!

13. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I made these cake toppers and favors this weekend for her party Not going too crazy with decorations (although I am rigging up a large "hot air balloon" photo spot. (My husband thinks I'm nuts). I need to figure out food, but I'm determine to keep it easy. I may do Wegmans catering or something.

ETA: better pic of toppers and balloon inspiration

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: That's so cute!! It's definitely scary they are going to be one!! I'd totally do catering. I have a lot of family helping me out with food prep.

I can't wait to see everyone's photos from the birthdays!

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: You made those?!?! WOW! They look great!

We bought some basic decorations things this weekend but I'm still trying to figure out what to do for food. I don't mind making some things ahead of time but not every thing (like the hot items). I also don't think sit down food is ideal just because I don't know how much seating we'll have. So then I was thinking about heavier apps and more finger foods like sliders or something? Overthinking this, I know...

16. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: I've been way too excited and over thinking DD bday too! I'm driving my mom and DH crazy haha. I'm like a bridezilla only with a 1st bday party. --I think the handheld apps are a good idea! Or like little sandwiches or wraps? Kind of picnic theme. We're doing ribs and chicken coleslaw and corn on the Cobb watermelon, Lemonade and water and of course cake! I'm so thankful for my family, everyone is bringing something so I really only have to stress about the small stuff like decorations.

17. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: We're doing a picnic/BBQ theme sorta. Our decorations are red gingham print. I want to add burlap or lace/doily or something but TBD. It's at a brewery and I don't think there's seating space for everyone to sit at the same time so I figured handheld would be good. It's 1:30-3:30 though so I didn't know if lunch was good since it's kinda past lunch time? I'm trying to think of food options!

18. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: thanks! They are just some disk shaped candies I found at Wegmans stuck to a Rolo, with some Royal icing. I have the most unsteady hands, so they are not very neat, but I think they'll work!

Our party is 3:30-6:30, so I think we're going to need dinner type food. I think maybe we will pre-grill hot dogs and hamburgers, Mac and cheese for kids, and maybe a BJ's sandwich ring or two, then veggies/dip, fruit, and a few Wegman's sides.

19. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Maya is 1 today!!!! We had a small Safari themed party over the weekend. Everything had Safari themed names- "Gorilla Grub," (meatballs in crock pot,) "African Quicksand," (Mac n cheese,) "Hungry Hippo Dip," etc... I didn't do any catering, just made food day of, but did easy stuff. She loved her cake. Here are a few pictures from the party. I don't have the pro pics back yet that my brother took.

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: too cute! Love the theme!

21. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@dc yoga bee: so cute❤️ Happy Birthday Maya!! I can't wait to get pictures of E and her smash cake.

22. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

James is 1 today!! He's been flying with his milestones I was so afraid that he was behind on. In the course of a week, he's been crawling like crazy and pulling (mainly to see his brother's food. We're doing something over the weekend with family. For now, I brought mini cupcakes into daycare for his class and teachers. We'll do cupcakes tonight too. We're keeping it super low key.

23. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: soooo cute! Somehow missed your post.

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

We had our first birthday party this weekend. The weather was damp but it was a good time!

25. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: AWWW love the pictures!! He looks like he had a great time!!

@cascademom: Love it! I'm really loving James' haircut too! It makes him look so much older though!!!

I officially have a 1 year old!

26. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: crazy right to have a 1 year old?
    I'm happy I'm not doing the monthly photos anymore lol

27. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: Adorable pics! That photo collage is too cute! What a great idea!

@MrsBrewer: love her hair!

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

We had a small party for Holly on Saturday. She enjoyed it, especially the cake! She is doing great - into everything but such a fun, sweet personality. She had her 1 year old appointment this morning and got some shots - poor baby! She was in the 85th percentile for height and weight and still in the 99th for head, lol. She has a big noggin!

29. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Can't believe I have a 1 year old!

E's party was fun turned out to be way bigger than I initially planned but we did it outside at a park so it worked. I could not pry this rib out of her hands! She ended up being so
    Cranky the whole party up until after her smash cake. She STTN for the first time in ages that night lol.

@Eko: I'm Sooo happy to not have to do monthly photos anymore too! I kind of gave up towards 10 mos lol.

Note to self: never do red dye on a smash cake again. 😑😑

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

As weird as this sounds, I'm super excited!!! I just got my first PP period! I haven't weaned DD yet, and we were up until yesterday still nursing 3x a day. I cut out the mid-day one yesterday, and my period just started today. Crazy! But super happy. I've never gotten my period on my own while TTC for J, so maybe my body is actually hormonally balanced now after pregnancy.

31. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: Ugh, I was NOT happy to get AF back, but I can totally understand why you would be! Fingers crossed that pregnancy normalized things for you!

Here are a few pics from Holly's party.

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: o m g that balloon is so stinkin cute. Can't handle it.

@MrsBrewer: I in an odd way was happy to get AF back... Kinda felt like things were getting back to normal. Hope things go your way with it!

33. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: yay! Are you going to start clomid? We pulled the goalie this month!

@78h2o: love that balloon !!

34. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: @dc yoga bee: you brave brave women. haha.

DH and I may be one and done and it is kind of sad.

35. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: we waffle a lot. I saw your other post, and I get it. I'll post there a longer response. We know we do want another child, and will never be ready. It took a while, and testing at the RE, so we would rather get started sooner rather than later. I want to get past the newborn stage, and I have some career aspirations of moving into a supervisory role. That being said, I would like to get the young child years in now before I try to take that next step. Hopefully, the kids will be more self-sufficient if and when I move into management.

36. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: my Dr won't prescribe Clomid until I'm done breastfeeding. I guess there aren't enough studies done to see if it goes through breast milk, so she's not comfortable prescribing it. I'm still nursing morning and night. I think I'm going to wean completely within 2 months though! In the meantime I've started taking my temp and charting! So who knows, maybe I will just happen to get pregnant in my own! Soooo exciting for you too! Fingers crossed to sharing a due date month again!!! 😁

37. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: woohoo, no goalie! Good luck!

@Eko: I think we are most likely done, and I am sad too. I would love baby #3, but I worry about my age/risk of genetic issues, plus I HATED being sick for like 5 months! And childbirth was terrible for me with having the epidural turned off and having a tear and episiotomy. I am very interested in maybe adopting though down the road!

38. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: That's exciting! Good luck!

39. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

How many of the LO's on here are walking? My LO turned 13 months on the 4th, and she is no where near walking. Still crawling. She will very occasionally let go when standing next to furniture, but again, it's very seldom.

40. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: my 13 month old still crawls. We got some play equipment from my mom which will help him with balance. If it's like crawling, he'll just decide one day to be ready to walk and will do it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee