Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 Mamas!

1. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Mrs. Toad: So great you're enjoying the end of pregnancy. I've been struggling to personally, even though it's my last. Mentally, I think I am just ready to move past this phase but will probably miss it once it's gone. I can tell the baby has gotten bigger in the last week or so. The movements are stronger now and pretty uncomfortable.

Another move for the June moms! Hope you are able to rest and recuperate with the new baby and transition somewhat before packing up for the move. Good luck.

2. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Happy Monday, how is everyone doing?

I'm thinking this week might be my last week working IN the office. I'm technically still working until next Friday but with the holiday and things related to the new home (closing, contractors, etc.), I might ask to work from home next week. Not sure how they will feel about that but I'm also utterly exhausted and I keep worrying how I'll be if I go into labor in such an exhausted state.

Not much to report except we're just scrambling now to pack. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and just so curious when baby will decide to come.

3. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@SupernovaJ: So sorry to hear about your exhaustion, and I hope they agree to working from home next week! That sounds wonderful to me. I'm feeling the same exhaustion here too. Is it a normal end-of-pregnancy symptom? I've been wondering how I'll have the energy to labor when I'm so tired all the time. I'm 36.5 weeks right now and was 1/2 cm at last week's check...

Best of luck with packing! I hope that goes super smoothly for you. I can only imagine how stressful it is to uproot so close to going into labor. Whew.

4. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: Surviving over here! I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow and it feels like I have an eternity to go. I hope your job will let you work from home soon - moving and packing this far into pregnancy is exhausting! I have 3 weeks of work left (last day is 6/7). I'm ready to be done for a few months and it's hard to not be checked out.

We moved into our new house last week so now we're scrambling to get everything set up. We've located all the baby stuff/started getting the nursery ready so at least now we're semi-prepared when she decides to show up!

5. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: Ooh that's great you are already dilating. Yes, I think this is just end of pregnancy exhaustion overall. I'm not sure if you are sleeping decently, but for me, it's the compounded tiredness from several weeks of broken sleep at this point (no comfy position, getting up to pee, etc.) I guess it's our body's way of preparing for what's ahead.

@skinnycow: So hard not to be checked out at work! Couldn't agree more. Once 36 weeks hits, it goes by faster and faster! Congrats on moving into the new home. Must feel so great to have that out of the way and get settled in just in time for baby.

6. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Ladies, so curious what you mamas with experience have to say about this, but I'm wondering if my body is slowly but surely getting the ball rolling with things on my end. The past week, I've just felt awful in a way that's hard to describe. Tired, yes, but kind of achy too? Not sick though. And very sore down there. Last night, I woke numerous times and sleepily thought that I was very crampy but then went back to sleep, and when I got up today I realized that I'm *really* sore in the pelvic area. Sound normal to you all? I know from reading 9,000 birth stories that this doesn't mean things are imminent and I could feel this way for weeks more, but I'm curious if it aligns with anyone else's experience.

7. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: So, this is probably not helpful but I do have days/periods of time when I feel this way - it's mainly a sore/achy feeling in my pelvic region and inner thighs. I don't remember it happening in my first pregnancy so I'm not sure if things are just stretched/loosened up from last time.

8. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

How many times a day do check OPKs when you know you’re close to O?

Haha! Oops. Ignore this. I thought this was the June POAS thread. 🤷‍♀️

9. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: LOL not your intended audience but I usually do twice a day near ovulation just to make sure I don't miss the surge.

10. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Lol! With cheap-os, twice a day. With expensive OPKs, every morning.

11. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

How's everyone doing? I'm 37 weeks today. Still feeling big and ready for this to be over.

My husband has a work trip Wed-Fri this week so I'm a little nervous about going into labor while he's gone. I know the chances are slim this early but it's still giving me some anxiety! Other than that I'm just trying to survive my last two weeks of work (next Friday is my last day before leave).

12. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: I'm 37.5 and feel exactly the same way. Ugh. So ready to be done.

General curious question for everyone: What were your signs of labor with your previous pregnancies? I'm getting more and more curious how things will start for me!

13. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: My only signs were losing my mucus plug and some light cramping in the middle of the night before I went into labor. My labor started with my water breaking at 1 pm the next day.

14. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Ladies - I popped on here to see how everyone is doing - I’m not on Hellobee often as we aren’t trying and life is crazy hectic right now. But I think of you guys!

Hope everyone is coping well with the end of their pregnancies and excited about the arrival of their babies. I’m so excited for all of you and wish you all the best.

15. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Aw, it's good to hear from you! I hope you're doing well too!

16. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Absolutely no update on me. 38 weeks and eating spicy food...drinking raspberry tea...bouncing on the yoga ball (which feels good on my hips)...walking...

How about you all?

17. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Thanks for checking on us - I hope you're doing okay!

18. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: Nothing here but I think I have the latest due date (37+2 today). I'm hoping to make it through my last day of work when I'll be 38+3. My daughter was born at 38+5.

Unless someone goes into labor in the next day it looks like we won't have any May babies!

19. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Lol, May baby over here! Our darling DAUGHTER (!!) was born on Sunday evening! Surprised us all arriving 9 days early but I think she knew mama was ready.

Here’s how it all went down. I definitely overdid it packing all day Saturday—was in actual pain all over and thought to myself “omg how will I labor in this state if it happens soon!?” and of course when I woke up the next morning, I had my bloody show. I sort of knew then. Contractions lasted all day throughout.. just ran errands, made some food for a pool party, attended said pool party, went to our final walk through, washed the kids up for bed, kissed them goodbye, labored a bit more at home and headed to the hospital. I didn’t want to check in too early not dilated enough so DH and I walked around outside to get the contractions consistent and closer together. It was hot so we moved inside and I labored in the lobby a bit more, DH timing my contractions. Then *the* contraction hit me and I knew it was time to register and get checked in at L&D. I must have been nearing transition at this point. We got into our room, the nurse checked me at 7-8 cm, fully effaced and +1. Within the next few minutes my water broke and baby was born five minutes later. It was wild, but smooth! It also sounds way more “precipitous” than it sounds. The end was extremely fast nearing transition/after my water broke, but I had truly been in labor ALL day.. probably from 8am to 8pm before things really started to pick up and get more consistent. Everything else before then was bearable and I kept second guessing myself.

After her head came out, one of the nurses checked and said her cord was tight so she assisted in pulling her out. She got a bit of oxygen and was fine. She was tiny at just 5 lbs and 11 oz and we’ve been home now for a couple of days just getting used to the new crazy and making sure she fattens up. The older two are enamored and doing well with the new sibling so far. We’re so in love and so happy she’s here. I also couldn’t believe she was a girl!! We were elated and it was so fun finding out at birth!

Thinking and rooting for you ladies. Will be checking in regularly now that I’ve gotten a bit more settled at home.

20. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: Ha, I guess I spoke too soon! Congrats on your baby girl - I'm glad everything went smoothly!

21. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@SupernovaJ: OMG congratulations!! It sounds like it went really smoothly overall!

June 2019 Mamas

Megatherium: June 3rd (#3)
    Foodiebee: June 15th (#1)
    Mrs. Toad: June 15th (#3)
    Skinnycow: June 18th (#2)
    Mrs. Blush: June 21st (#2)

Happy Arrivals:
    SupernovaJ: May 25 (#3)

22. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@SupernovaJ: Congratulations! I'm glad it was an easy labor. Enjoy your little girl!

23. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. Everything looks good. I'm hoping to get to the 20th, so my cervix wasn't checked. Next appointment is June 10th.

No signs of labor, but I've never really had any. Last day of work is June 13th.

24. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

I keep stalking this board for an update!!

25. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: Nothing over here! I'm 37+5 and had my daughter at 38+5 so I'm hoping I only have a week left. We'll see!

How are you adjusting to life with three?

26. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@SupernovaJ: Sorry, no news. I'm at 38+2, hoping to get to 40+5 for my induction. The good news is that DH got permission to work here and not at his permanent location starting Monday. At least he'll be here for labor.

27. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: 38+5 is exactly when I went into labor with this one. Hoping your LO is ready when mom is ready! I’m sure the next few days will both fly by but also feel slow in some moments.

We’re adjusting okay with three so far. First couple of days at home felt a little overwhelming but the kids are in day camp during the week days so I’m able to focus on newborn. I do feel I’ve been overdoing it a bit when the older two are around though and I start to feel the consequences, like soreness. Trying to be more mindful of the recovery period.

@Mrs. Toad: That’s so great your husband will be there for the labor! Not much longer to go.

28. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@SupernovaJ: I'm 38+3 and have my next apt. tomorrow. Really hoping I've made some progress, but I'm not getting my hopes up. All I've felt is some mild cramping occasionally, some soreness, but nothing major or anywhere near consistent. Sometimes I have a hard time knowing if it's cramping or I'm uncomfortable because the baby is pressing on things. I'm dreaming about labor every night!

29. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Welp, my dr scheduled me for an induction for next Tuesday. I'll be 39w4d. She had lots of reasons she gave: It's the practice's strong preference to induce after 39w for IVF patients; I have a nervous system disorder that has been acting up and she's concerned about it impacting my labor (last week I felt truly awful and was worried it was either going to send me into labor or would last until I went into labor and I wouldn't be able to labor successfully); I've got fibroids she's concerned about inhibiting things; I'm AMA...

I'm pretty torn. On one hand, I've been reading a lot (the NYT Parenting article on induction for AMA was fascinating) and there's basically no consensus (it feels like) as to what people prefer to do. They either had a great induction and would do it again or hated it and swear it off. I understand I have some complications she's looking to minimize the risks of, and I can appreciate that. But I've also ingested this idea that going into labor on my own is "better" and I'm doing something "wrong" by inducing without some major major health thing going on. I just keep waffling back and forth and can't get myself to feel strongly one way or another. Sigh.

30. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: I think it's totally normal to feel conflicted! And of course there is still a chance that baby could come naturally before Tuesday. Are you favorable for induction? I'm guessing at 39+4 your body won't give you much of a problem.

31. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

AFM, my Braxton Hicks have become more frequent and are crampy/a little painful at times (over the past 24 hours or so). I don't know if that's normal but I don't remember it happening in my first pregnancy.

My OB scheduled me for an induction on 6/27 when I'll be 41+1. Three more weeks of pregnancy sounds like an eternity but at least I have an absolute end date. Hopefully this baby will come before then!

32. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: Good question, and I don't know the answer! #newbie I'm 1 cm dilated (I forgot to ask how effaced) and really crampy pretty much all day for the past week, sometimes painful, mostly uncomfortable. I'm thinking about loading up on some natural induction things (pineapple, tea, yoga ball, walking, DTD) this weekend once I reach 39w so that the very least, I can help my cervix be more cooperative for the induction?! My nausea is back in full force too

As for you, did you go over with your previous pregnancy?

33. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: I don't know what to say.

My first induction came at 40+1 and was due to a slight leak in amniotic fluid. It took 3 different tests to determine that I did have that leak. The decision to induce was that I had passed my due date and had a slight leak. Therefore, I wasn't going home. I was 3cm dilated when the induction started. It was the first time I was checked. Overall, a good induction that lasted about 14 hours.

34. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: Hopefully those are all good signs! My sister had to be induced at 37 weeks and she was 0 cm dilated/not effaced. It took awhile to get her labor going but she had a positive experience! I've already started with some of the natural induction things - I'm drinking RRL tea and walking a lot.

My first came at 38+5 so I'm hoping this one comes around the same time - then I'd only have a few days left!

35. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: I finally have some Braxton Hicks as well. A few slightly painful. DH returns Saturday, so I hope baby waits until then at the least.

My doctor will schedule an induction starting at 39 weeks, which is this Saturday. I asked for 40+5, the 20th, as it will allow DH to be able to take some time off without using all of his leave. We need some of it for later this year and don't really want to use much unpaid leave.

36. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Oh, I hope I didn't offend you. I really wasn't meaning to! I remembered that you've had an induction and had a good experience, and I've been keeping that in my mind as an example that it can go well! Like I said, I think part of this is my own hangup with what I had pictured.

37. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: You didn't. I was trying to give you a good induction story. I understand the unexpected change of plans. Honestly, I tried to go into labor with DD and doctor insisted on an induction at 41+3.

I was discussing induction for this pregnancy and was told that even being a little effaced means that it would probably go smoothly, at least for me. I don't know if it would be the same for a first pregnancy.

I haven't been checked yet as I am hoping to wait a little longer.

38. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

How are you mamas doing??

39. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@SupernovaJ: I'm still hanging in there. Had a 39+2 appointment today. Everything looks good and I am scheduled for an induction on June 20th. Next appointment is June 17th.

40. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: Good luck tomorrow!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee