Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2020 Mamas

1. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Thank you! My husband and I both said after he was born that we didn’t expect him to be so cute 😂

I am really looking forward to hearing more about working from home with your baby at home. I may need to make a tough decision about whether or not to send DS to daycare based on my parents’ comfort levels (they also watch the kids) and I don’t want to make any assumptions about how easy or not easy it would be for me to stay home with him and work. My mom just couldn’t watch all 3 of my kids and get DD’s schooling done (she’s a little high stress with technology and juggling 3 kids).

2. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

So many cute babies to see here!

I’m just (not so) patiently waiting at 39+2

3. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

Baby T arrived today exactly on his due date!

4. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MountainBaby: Congratulations! So fun to have a due date baby! Hope you are all doing well 😊

5. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@MountainBaby: congrats, so sweet! I have a boy who showed up on his due date also 🥰

6. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@MountainBaby: Congrats!!
    @Becky: WFHwI (Work From Home with Infant) update: this week went pretty well. I disappeared to my home office (it's above the garage) with DD and she nursed and slept while I worked all day. I'm able to type while she is nursing and even dozing on the nursing pillow (breast friend pillow) and then I put her on the floor in a little co-sleeper thing we have. I also have a baby play mat up here in case she gets bored. The bouncy chair doesn't seem to be working for us right now. I have learned that I need to have white noise going on my phone and all of the (overhead) lights off for her to sleep for extended periods. Zoom calls can be tricky if she is awake, but my coworkers/collaborators are very child friendly, so I'm fortunate. Am I as productive as I would be without her? No, but I'm privileged to have my MIL/DH watching my toddler, so I'm still doing better than many folks at this time.

ETA: of course, currently she is not a happy camper and wants to be held! She was 2 months old a week ago, so YMMV

7. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@MountainBaby: congrats! He’s a cutie. Hope everything is going well!

@Becky: I couldn’t do it all by myself with DD. I do have a lot of zoom calls so that may factor in as well as I’m at a new job. So I worked out of my office away from her and took breaks to feed her when I wasn’t working or on a call. It worked for us as DH got a break from her and I could focus on my work. The first day of work she was with me unless I was on a zoom call but it was too distracting for me and I was keeping her awake. Sounds like @BUNBUN: is making it work better for her. I felt guilty on Tuesday but by Friday we figured out a better balanced schedule and I was feeling better about not seeing her all day. For me, I feel like this remote working is a nice transition to working full time when I’ll have to be in an office - DD is getting used to me being around less but I still see her plenty during the day and DH knows I’d something goes crazy with her - I’m here to assist. Then when the office opens, whenever that is, it won’t be such an adjustment for me to be gone all day. That’s just my view though.

8. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Hi ladies updated on DD's dilated renal pelvis:
    DD had her scans on July 29 and did great! She cried for the IV and catheter, but only briefly, and was fine during the long scan. The more active bladder reflux images were less fun for her, but fortunately that was a much shorter process.

Unfortunately, her left ureter is blocked and before she loses any kidney function, her surgeon wants to remove the blocked section, reattach, and insert a temporary stent. This is scheduled for September 1 and she (and I) will stay at least one night in the hospital.

Sept 1 is also supposed to be DS's first day at a new preschool. We've gone over their Covid protocols and are planning on sending him, but we will keep him out until her incisions have healed - surgeon thinks 2 weeks should be enough. Luckily he doesn't know when school is supposed to start.

Any advice on what *I* should bring to the hospital? I'm planning on bringing my pumps (manual and electric) and bottles for her in case I can't nurse her right away. Plus clothes, diapers, etc for her. Clothes and snacks for myself...anything else? I've got books on my phone and a paperback, but I doubt I'll be able to concentrate on much.
    Got any funny, engaging podcast suggestions? Suggestions on getting sleep in a hospital (when I'm not exhausted from labor)?

9. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@BUNBUN: I’m so glad it went well! I’m sorry she still needs surgery, and I hope everything goes smoothly! September 1 is the day my DS has his ultrasound because of his sacral dimple 😬

We have found childcare solutions which is such a relief. I’ll have DS home with me on Fridays, but it’s my husband’s lightest work day so that will help! DD1 will also be home until lunch time doing virtual school (she will go in person in the afternoon), so if I’m really in a pinch she can help.

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@BUNBUN: That’s the same surgery DH had done when he was a baby. It’s pretty routine from what I understand, however I know it doesn’t feel that way when it’s your baby.

When DD had her surgery, I didn’t bring too much - just a favorite blanket, pacifiers, an iPad (for me) and a bunch of drawings that the neighborhood kids made for her. I put them up around her crib to add a little color and decrease the sterile feeling of it all.

Podcasts I’m into right now:
    The Birth Hour
    InfertileAF
    The Rabbit Hole (NYTimes)
    Gangster Capitalism
    Reply All

11. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@Becky: Turns our my baby has to get an ultrasound for an “unusual” sacral dimple too! The ped said she wasn’t hugely concerned because his muscle tone is good, but she wants an ultrasound just in case, so we have that scheduled for Wednesday. I know you haven’t had the scan yet, but do you have recommendations for what questions I should be asking them?

12. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

DD is 3 months old tomorrow! I can hardly believe it.

I went into her room (she’s sleeping in her room on her crib and has done well with it since midJuly) and saw her sleeping on her side. She rolled to her side in the night. Then when I checked on her after my shower - she was sleeping on her back again. She isn’t rolling completely on to her tummy yet but I assume that’s coming before too long. So crazy to me that she’s getting big enough and strong enough to do this already!

How are everyone else’s babies????

13. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MountainBaby: I hope everything goes well! I wish I knew what to ask, but fortunately/unfortunately my MIL went when my niece got her scan and will be coming to mine and she’s a PT and asked allll of the questions. If your scan comes up abnormal I would be more than happy to share the results (like what type of abnormality and the location) with my MIL and SIL if that would help you decide whether or not to get surgery. My DS has great muscle tone but from what I understand in an infant this young their muscle tone wouldn’t really be an indicator of a problem—the type of dimple (and of course the US results) is more indicative. Most dimples don’t indicate a problem (my MIL has a totally benign one) so it will hopefully be nothing! Keep us posted on how it goes today!

14. JCCovi

kiwi / 705 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I know it’s so crazy how quick it happens! Maybe it feels so big because it’s one of their first real milestone achievements? Our 9 week old has completely rolled back to front 3 times now. That’s enough that we’ve had to stop swaddling her (thankfully that’s going well, with my son it was a nightmare). The pediatrician said usually when they roll onto their stomach you can just leave them but since she’s so young we need to keep flipping her onto her back. Fortunately she’s been awake every time she’s rolled so far.

15. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

@Becky: Thanks! The scan yesterday went well, though they had trouble getting him still enough for crisp pictures at one point. A pacifier worked wonders, or they suggested a bottle to calm him. However at one point they said he was “breathing too deeply” and it made him move I’m not sure what they expected from a baby. Anyway, they did eventually get all the pictures they needed. The pediatrician called this morning and said everything was normal and there was no need for any follow up, so seems completely benign!

16. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@MountainBaby: I’m so glad to hear this! What a relief.

17. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

Hi all! DD had her renal pelvis surgery Tuesday and everything went really well! The surgery was via robot, the DaVinci (google it, it's pretty cool!) and everyone from the nurses to the surgeon, resident, fellow, etc. were amazing. The surgical patient care liaison was especially attentive and set me up with a private conference room to pump and take a nap in!
    We spent the night and she's been doing really well since being home. The stent comes out 10/1 and she will have another ultrasound 11/2.
    She had to have a covid test (not me, for whatever reason) and that wasn't painless, but was quick.

@MountainBaby: glad to hear you got good news!

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@BUNBUN: wonderful news. I’m sure you are glad to be past the initial surgery. What’s the next step? Any PT or just post op appointments?

@MountainBaby: also wonderful news! What a relief.

19. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@BUNBUN: So glad to hear good news!

DS’ had his ultrasound for his sacral dimple with skin tag and it came out all clear. I was so surprised, and obviously relieved! I learned that what they’re looking for is for the spinal cord to end by mid L2. It was a very quick US (maybe 5 minutes) and most babies have a bottle while lying on their side on the table, but DS wouldn’t take the bottle so I had to whip out my boob 😂 They need them to be very still which is why you have to feed them.

20. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

Question for those of you keeping baby in your room longer term. We have never had a baby sleep in our room past 8 weeks so this is new territory for us. DS is almost 12 weeks and is pretty much too big for the bassinet. Do you bring the crib in your room or something? I really don’t want to invest in another pack n play since we have ours away.

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Becky: With DD we just used the pack n play in our room and she managed to stay with us to 13 months. Now with DS we have a Halo which is bigger than the bassinet we had with DD so he can stay in that longer. I don’t think he’s going to make it to the pack n play though because we’ll likely move him out of our room and into the nursery crib sooner than later. He’s just so noisy and NOT a great sleeper like DD was. I know 12 mo is the recommendation, but damn I need some zzzzzzs.

22. JCCovi

kiwi / 705 posts

@Becky: We moved the crib into our room! We have a walk in closet with a little window so she’s actually in there and we leave the door open. We had another apartment years ago when my son was a baby and he was also it our closet in a crib. It didn’t have a window but we just kept the door open. Anyway, it’s a nice way to bring the crib in but not wake up to them staring through the slats at you 😂

23. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

I admire all of you ladies who have your babies in the room still. I intended to but once I started working again - I needed more sleep than our noisy little sleeper gives me. So she is in her crib in her room. It is right down the hall and I can hear her easily if she fusses even quietly. I do check on her regularly but couldn’t do it.

She’s now rolling like crazy at night - can’t keep the little girl on her back which is stressing me a bit. But she rolls back over or let she roll her over when I catch her so I’m doing the best I can.

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

26. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Time is flying by!

27. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

Hi all! Have been MIA but still checking in from time to time. Benny is 4.5 months here - decent sleeper, has recently rolled both ways, times passing too quickly!

28. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@skiierchck99: he looks like he’s enjoying the Fall weather! 🍁🍃🍂

29. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

I think everyone is busy with babies!

I just wanted to post to say I feel like I’m able to take a deep breath lately. Really was struggling to work (remotely at home) while taking care of this little gal. But I think we’ve gotten her into a pretty reliable nap schedule over the last few weeks, she’s starting to enjoy playing with toys without me engaging her constantly so that i have more reliable chunks of time to work at this new job. It’s really helping me feel less stressed even as I’m starting to get more involved in my new job.

I truly hope you are all doing well! I can’t believe my little girl is 4 & 1/2 months old now. She’s just growing and changing all the time. And I’ve discovered that I adore baby giggles and laughs. Oh man it’s my favorite next to her snuggle time with mom.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee