Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2014 Moms come in!

1. Bao

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22276 posts

@ChattyCathy: I had the same thing a few days ago that's why I thought I was out this month. I'm still having some spotting and cramping. With my first LO I had spotting and full on red bleeding and everything turned out just fine. Try not to worry. My OB said unless I'm bleeding through a pad an hour or have intense cramps I can't handle then usually things are ok. Just keep an eye on it

2. ChattyCathy

cherry / 148 posts

@Bao: oh thank you for that! Good luck to you too

3. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@ChattyCathy: Hope everything is ok with you! I've been having some dull cramping, lower backache and some reddish-brown discharge today at work that freaked.me.out. But it didn't last long so I didn't even call my OB.

4. lemondrop

bananas / 9118 posts

@ChattyCathy: Glad to see you over here, sending you super duper good vibes in hopes that all is well!

5. ChattyCathy

cherry / 148 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: thanks, and you too! The bleeding was only like twice in one hour. It was never like dripping or made it to my underwear or anything. So I'm not really sure if it's a bad sign or not? The cramping went away prob 4 hours but came back about an hour ago I really hope this is ok.

Side note: I told my mom what was going on because I was so terrified and she said,"well now that you miscarried you can lose more weight." hey, thanks mom! I feel like my parents are not supportive about this at all. Whatevs.

6. ChattyCathy

cherry / 148 posts

@lemondrop: thank you!

7. ChattyCathy

cherry / 148 posts

I'm trying to figure out if this is a normal symptom. I eat my normal usual amounts of food but feel extremely full and sick to my stomach like even 6 hrs later. It feels like the food has sat in my stomach the whole time. I even feel like I can almost feel it sitting there. Very uncomfortable. I took a heartburn pill and tums but it didn't help. Anyone else feel like this?

8. BLUEDIAMOND

coffee bean / 42 posts

@Bao: Good to know. Thanks for that information.
    @ChattyCathy: Sending positive thoughts your way!

I've had some sporadic but painful cramping... hoping that is okay? As for other symptoms, I keep waking up STARVING and my nipples are super sore.

Hope you all have a happy day

9. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

I was (still am) very nervous to join! it just seems so early still and i'm petrified of a MC. but here goes anyways....

EDD if you have one: March 12, from LMP
    When Did You Find Out?: 15 DPO, while camping. We had been visiting family earlier in the week and so I assumed that maybe my LP was lengthening, but when I was three days late...I decided it was time, POAS at the campground, two lines came up right away!
    Child Number: First!
    Where You Live: Atlantic Canada
    What kind of provider will you see?: Midwife - hopefully
    When's Your First Appointment?: I had an appointment with my NP to put in a referral for the midwife services here, but haven't heard back yet from the Midwife yet.
    What kind of birth do you want?: at this point I'd like to do it as naturally as possible but we will have to see.
    What You're Most Excited For: a baby bump!
    What You're Most Scared About: MC, i've been lurking these boards long enough and done enough research to see that it is pretty common....
    Symptoms so far: Acne! i feel like i'm 14 again! and some light cramping, peeing lots...
    Any fun plans for the summer (or winter in Aus)?: We are hoping to go camping again a few times, lots of days at the beach and DH is planning to do some major renovation work in the garage...
    Share a picture of your bfp, announcement, &/or chart: I will as soon as I get it off my phone. We are hoping to tell my parents this weekend, it's early, but I know they would be so hurt if we didn't tell them right away. We are hoping to take some pics of us at the beach holding up a measuring tape and a caption that says "our family is growing by two feet!" haha, we always end up doing lots of renovations on our house, so it seemed fitting. I plan of print the pic and giving it to my parents to tell them.

10. Bao

@Mrsk: I think worrying about MC is very normal, I worried with my first and I'm worried for this one too.

11. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@ChattyCathy: Hi! Sorry to pop in here (I'm on the Feb 2014 boards) but I like seeing who's joining March so far
    Just wanted to tell you that maybe 5 or so of us on the Feb board have had spotting, including me. AND I've had a past M/C so I know its the first thing that crossed my mind too. And since then all of us have had our first ultrasounds and all is OK Just wanted to give reassurance that spotting (especially old blood) isn't necessarily anything to worry about (most times its not). I know its scary but since I've had 2 u/s I feel much better about it. I had some spotting after both appointments because apparently the cervix is especially sensitive when you're KU and the transvag ultrasound itself caused it!
    So just try to relax

12. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Bao: Thanks, I assume it is normal, I worried all TTC, so I assume I'll worry all the time while being pregnant. DH keeps telling me not to think about it, easier said than done i think!

13. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@ChattyCathy: Oh AND you should definitely get on DH's insurance (it'll be so much easier for so many reasons) ASAP and when you call an OB tell them about your history. They SHOULD give you a little extra TLC in the first tri to make you feel better and keep an eye on things.
    I went to a new OB for this pregnancy and told them about my MC history (I only had 1 my first preg in Jan). They saw me at 5.5 weeks, 6.5 weeks and I'm going again at 8.5 (Monday). They just want to monitor growth and put my mind at ease. I highly recommend finding an OB that will do that for you, it makes a big difference (in my opinion).

Ok, sorry to crash this thread, ladies! xo

14. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Ill join even though I'm super nervous!!! Ah! Hi everyone

EDD if you have one: March 16 from lmp but going to have a dating us in a few weeks
    When Did You Find Out?: Monday which was cd 29. Last month my cycle was 28 days and my average is 31. Not sure when I o'd!
    Child Number: First!
    Where You Live: ontario Canada
    What kind of provider will you see?: undecided. I met with my doctor yesterday to ask some questions and I have a midwife appt around 8 weeks. I'm leaning towards midwife.
    When's Your First Appointment?: August 12 with the midwife! Probably a dating before that.
    What kind of birth do you want?: hospital with midwife and probably an epidural because I'm very wimpy.
    What You're Most Excited For: a bump I think!
    What You're Most Scared About: really nervous about mc!
    Symptoms so far: On and off sore boobs and cramping that feels like mild period cramps. Hoping that's normal!
    Any fun plans for the summer (or winter in Aus)?: Going away with family for a week in August which is when we will probably announce!
    Share a picture of your bfp, announcement, &/or chart:

15. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@ChattyCathy: I think the feeling full & bloated to the max is normal.... Unfortunately! Lol

@Mrsk: Yay! Congrats again!!! I hope you get in with a MW soon!!! I had horrible cystic acne with Penelope, this time so far it hasn't been bad... Hope yours can even out soon!

@Mrs. Champagne: Yay! I'm so glad you're joining us!!!! And hope meeting with a MW goes well!

16. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@runsyellowlites: thanks!! i just got the date for my dating US! July 29th! Eeep! I'm pretty sure I'm about 4 weeks, but I acted like I had no clue because I'm paranoid and will not make it to 12 weeks without a US. lol *hangs head in shame*

17. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

How's everyone else feeling today?

I had my first official "appointment" with my MW today & it was great! She gave me a 1 inch binder FULL of information! Everything from when to call her, to nutrition (protein counter, ways to get more iron, food log), to a birth plan, emotions in labor, & detailed info on all tests & procedures she provides! That on top of just getting to talk to her about birth & God and I seriously think I love her! Lol

Now if I could just get a nap! Lol

18. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Lol. It was kinda hard for me to initially here my MW doesn't do standard early u/s...... I do like not have an "official" due date though. Lol

19. lemondrop

bananas / 9118 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: lol, me too... I may or may not know my dates- I blame it on nursing and funky cycles, which is kinda true I just really want to get everything checked out asap.

I'm tired today, had to drag my sorry carcass out of the house today, when I really would have rather stayed in bed. Trying to keep things as normal as possible for C, plus I know I'll be happier doing things even though it's hard. Other than that it's just hiding this huge pooch that is all I see right now, my boss is super stressed this week- hearing this news is not something she needs right now.

My husband has taken over feeding cats in the morning, I almost yacked over the cat food smell yesterday morning (it was even dry cat food).

20. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: no shame! I love that you pretended not to know, I don't feel so crazy now! DH thought I was nutso when my NP and I put on the request for a dating ultrasound that my LMP was very light and so the date was iffy - when in fact I'm very sure when I ovulated, but just wanted to see baby in there earlier than 12 weeks!

21. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@runsyellowlites: Called the midwives today, I won't know until later in August if they will take me on!!! so late, so it was was recommended that we send in a referral to the OBS clinic in town.

the acne is unreal! I just ordered proactiv - the kind for teenagers...these zits have got to go!

22. Bao

Dang I wish I would have thought to not know when my LMP was

23. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

We are off camping (again) tomorrow for the weekend, this time with my parents, and we are going to break the news! First granchild for my parents, and they have been not so subtle in hinting that they want grandkids for the past year! here is a picture we are going to put in a frame and wrap up for them to open. What do you think? I hope they get it right away!

We like to do renovations (is like the word...hmmm, well we seem to do a lot of them anyways!)

24. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@Bao: hahaha, it wasn't my idea, my Nurse Practitioner suggested it, she said I couldn't get an early scan just because i wanted to! so she made something up!

25. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@lemondrop: I can't stand the dry cat food either! we had to move it to a room where i don't spend much time, I can smell it just walking by....yuck!

26. BLUEDIAMOND

coffee bean / 42 posts

@Mrsk: So cute! Love the picture idea!
    Have fun camping and sharing the news!

27. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@Mrsk: Love that idea!! So cute!

We did "growing by two feet" too, but with a pair of shoes rather than the measurement (we are not big renovators) I can't wait till we get ours!

28. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@Mrsk: Cute!

29. Mrsjets

pear / 1699 posts

matador84 - tbd
    March 1 mrsjets
    March 5 runsyellowlites
    March 6 scarletbegonia
    March 7 shaynanigans
    March 10 sunderling
    March 12 mrsk
    March 16 bluediamond mrs. champagne
    March 17 lemondrop debbie18 norcalwayfarer bao
    March 20 chattycathy

@mrs. champagne: best idea ever!

@mrsk: I love your announcement pic! so cute! ugh, I have a few pimples on my back! On my back! WTH? I hope this it because I'm gonna freak if it continues

@lemondrop: I feel exhausted and run down too, I'm trying to keep J's days as busy as before but it's tough!

@runsyellowlites: so happy you love your new MW, she sounds awesome!

I hope all you ladies with cramping get some relief soon!

I feel the moodiness coming...I've had to catch myself before snapping at DH. I hope I can continue to control it!

30. Mrsk

apricot / 287 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: @mrsjets: @runsyellowlites: @bluediamond: thanks! I'm hoping they get it! So excited! Can't wait!

@mrsjets: thanks for keeping the EDD list up to date, lots of march mamas so far!

31. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@mrsk that picture is so cute! I'm sure they will get it right away!

32. Bao

@Mrsk: cute!

33. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@mrsk cute take on the normal growing by two feet!

i haven't decide how to announce it! it has been really fun this time around telling close friends because I didn't get to tell people the first go around until I was in the hospital--so that was how I had to break the news I was pregnant. I am thinking like maybe a 1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish-rhyming type thing? Everything I've seen on pinterest I've had other friends do so I want to "try" and be creative!

34. Bao

I don't think we will be creative lol. I did end up telling my sister though. So her, DH and I know. We will tell parents/siblings after my first appt August 15 and then friends/everyone else a few weeks after that.

35. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

EDD if you have one: March 14. According to my doctor, but I have a dating ultrasound to get a more accurate date.
    When Did You Find Out?: I found out Tuesday morning
    Child Number: 2
    Where You Live: NW Ohio
    What kind of provider will you see?: OB/GYN
    When's Your First Appointment?: I had my first appointment today with the NP in their office. I love the NP, I plan to meet the rest of the doctors in the office during my pregnancy.
    What kind of birth do you want?: I would like a similar birth to what I had with N. I went in open to not getting pain meds but back labor was awful.
    What You're Most Excited For: Having a sibling for N.
    What You're Most Scared About: MC, I am absolutely terrified about it. I am crossing my fingers and toes that everything remains well.
    Symptoms so far: The worst morning sickness! Also peeing like every two point five seconds!
    Any fun plans for the summer (or winter in Aus)?: We are hoping to go to the RenFest in Michigan. We also have a couple weddings coming up. For our anniversary we hope to get a cabin and just relax as our little family. Perhaps we may hike a little too.

36. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

How's everyone feeling today?

I woke up with my first bit of morning nausea (not bad & it went away quickly) and I've been pretty weepy... I bawled like a baby when dropping DH off for work b/c we had a spat (guess that wasn't too uncalled for) but again almost bawled when watching the opening scene of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. lol AND the sensitive nipples have started... I almost couldn't even nurse P last night! *ouch*

Also, any prayers would be really nice as my neck has felt it was on the verge of locking up all day! I was rear-ended 4 years ago & have had issues with my neck since then.... it hasn't locked up since right before DH & I got married 2.5 years ago but I did pt to recover last time along with meds that of course I can't take in pregnancy so I've been really believing that it's going to get BETTER and not worse! eep! thanks ladies

@Mrsjets: Thanks for the list!!! I can't wait to see it grow!

@MrsRcCar: Congrats & welcome!! Glad you like your doctors NP!

37. Bao

Is anyone else showing yet? I already look like I did with LO at 15 weeks. Granted, with her that was tiny but at this rate I'm gonna blow up! I don't know how long I will be able to hide this for...

38. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@Bao: I was only able to hide P for 9 weeks... So far this time I haven't been bloated yet but my tummy feels pudgy to me already (granted I weighed 164 yesterday so I'm not a skinny Minnie)

39. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

Just got back from the lab. I called the NP this afternoon after I had spotting/bleeding all day today. She recommended I go in to measure my hgc levels today and 48 hours later. We'll know more Monday (either early miscarriage or things are ok). Not looking forward to this weekend--we had planned to tell my parents, but apparently there may be nothing to tell.

40. Bao

@NorCalWayfarer: I've had spotting/bleeding for several days and also had it with LO and things were fine, try not to worry. I know it's hard.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee