Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. iluvboba637

kiwi / 549 posts

@nguyening: welcome and congrats!

2. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

Hi everyone! Congrats to all. I'm glad this board got started. I was a little nervous posting but I need to let it out. haha

EDD: 5/13/16

How far along: My app tells me 6 weeks 4 days

First child? No, I have a very active 2.5 year old daughter. (dec 2012)

First doctor appointment: 10/5.

Any symptoms so far? I'm super tired and I'm not sleeping that good either. I have to remember to sleep on my sides and not on my back.

I feel like I look 3 months preggo and not 6 weeks...I'm going to have a hard time hiding from family, friends and work.

Who have you told? My mom, sisters and my in-laws. I had a miscarriage in January so this time around I wanted to tell them early. They are trying to be helpful and reminding me to take it easy. Not easy with my 2.5 year old!
    We will tell everyone else later on...

3. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@ohemgee: welcome and congrats! I have an active 2.5 year old (she's a Dec 2012 baby) too!

4. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@KrzyRiver: @tinyperson: @nguyening: @ohemgee: Congrats and welcome!!

@sslm: Yay for a chatty ultrasound tech!

I had my first appointment and ultrasound yesterday, which moved my due date to May 3rd. It was so awesome seeing that fluttering heartbeat!

5. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@tinyperson - Thanks and congrats to you too!

6. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@nguyening & @ohemgee: Congrats and welcome ladies!

@sharpie: Yay for your wonderful appt yesterday, there truly is no better sight!!

7. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

I forgot how bad the bloating gets! I've washed all my work maternity pants and will be wearing ASAP! So uncomfortable!

8. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nguyening: @ohemgee: Welcome and congrats!!

@sslm: So glad to hear you had a chatty tech

@Mamasig: The bloating is awful! I've had to unbutton my pants every afternoon at work. Yesterday I forgot and got up to go to the bathroom with my pants unbuttoned and unzipped...oops! Luckily no one saw me....

9. ohemgee

cherry / 130 posts

@sharpie - thanks. that's great you got to see that fluttering heart beart.

@autumnmama79 - thanks!

@mamasig - seriously the bloating is crazy!

@csross217 - hehe good thing thing no one saw you..I unbutton my pants when I'm driving home from work. haha

10. littlecasita1122

persimmon / 1026 posts

Have to confess, I officially broke out the maternity pants today - I've been so nauseous I didn't even want to think about trying to squeeze into regular ones. I've been getting away with wearing skirts and dresses the last couple weeks! Second time mamas, are you feeling like you're showing already? I didn't have to wear maternity pants until I was at least 12 or 13 weeks with my first pregnancy!

11. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@littlecasita1122: This is my 3rd pregnancy and with each one I bloat like crazy. By the end of the day, my stomach is huge. I don't remember when it actually becomes a real bump, but basically I'm in maternity bottoms from six weeks on. It's just so much more comfortable. Overall, I was smaller the second time around. The first time I was just a huge swollen hot mess.

12. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

@littlecasita1122: Yep definitely showing way earlier this time. FI was looking at me last night kinda surprised and asked if I have a baby bump already. Told him yes but its just bloat right now, not actual baby. Good thing we aren't worried about keeping this a secret!

13. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@littlecasita1122: @Mamasig: I'm 6 weeks along and was seriously wondering the same thing. I knew I would show earlier, but a pair of pants I wore last week was a little snug when I tried them on this morning. And I'm hardly eating anything but crackers and water!

I'm going to need to dig out my old maternity pants this weekend. This is crazy!

14. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@littlecasita1122: this is my first pregnancy, but I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I have already started unbuttoning my pants. I weigh myself so I know it's not weight gain and just bloat, but at the end of the day I swear I look 5 mos pregnant!!

I have my first appointment in a few hours! I of course am not getting anything done at work today. I am surprisingly not nervous tho...maybe bc I have has such bad morning sickness I refuse to accept that there isn't a growing baby in there! I am just so darn excited!!

15. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@TrailRunner: Yay for your first appointment!! So exciting! This is my first pregnancy too and I just turned 8 weeks, and the bloat is out of control.

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow and I'm very excited! This has been the longest week ever lol

16. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Same here. My "big" pants are now snug. I went with the maternity pants today so I could be more comfortable. But I'm wondering what tops I can get away with. Anything sort of snug shows my baby bloat bump. I usually don't say anything until after my 1st appointment which is a whole two weeks away. There is another girl in my office pregnant who is a full two months ahead of me and she is still rocking normal clothes.

17. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@TrailRunner: Yay for 1st appointment! So exciting.

18. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

Got done with my appointment and everything looks great! Heartbeat was 164 and it looks like a little sour patch kid! I was measuring a little ahead at 8w2d even tho I'm only 7w6d. No change in EDD tho. I will find out the gender in four weeks with a blood test!

19. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@TrailRunner: Sounds like a great first appointment!!! My best friend is a ultrasound tech, and she said she loves the first scan because the baby looks like a little gummy bear

20. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@TrailRunner: Yay, good news! That's so cool to find out gender so soon.

21. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@csross217: it really does look so much like a gunmy bear!

@My Only Sunshine: I know! When she asked me if I wanted to take the blood test and find out that early I was like of course!!

22. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@TrailRunner: Sounds like a great appointment! I'm getting a blood test in 4 weeks too, so exciting to find out gender so early!

23. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

Hey ladies! Haven't checked my email in a few days so I need to catch up on what's going on with y'all. But I had a interesting day today. Lol.

Had my first ultrasound. My tech showed me the yolk sac and what she "thinks" is the fetal pole. She said it's probably earlier than they thought. Idk if they're counting from my LMP or my O date, although I've told them that I O'd very late this cycle multiple times. So I don't know if I should be worried or not. I count myself at 6 weeks 3 days, so I'm pretty sure squinting to see the fetal pole is nothing to worry about but I'm anxious all the same. They're checking my beta again too so I should get a call tomorrow.

My mother also took me shopping for maternity clothes. I still fit my clothes fine but the bloating is making the button of my pants push into my stomach. And that makes the nausea worse. Lol. So we bought some maternity yoga-type pants. SO comfortable! Lol. I'm never taking them off.

24. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@TrailRunner: That's awesome! I would love to find out gender so early! It's driving me crazy not knowing! Lol

25. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@sharpie: we will find out our gender around the same time! That is so exciting! Do you have a gender preference?

@KrzyRiver: keep us updated on how your betas turn out! Those yoga pants sound super comfy!!

26. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@TrailRunner: I would be lying if I said I didn't want a girl, because I already have a boy. But, I would be thrilled if my son got a baby brother so close in age to him, too. So yes and no, haha. You?

27. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@TrailRunner: Betas came back 13,550. Up from 4,105 last Thursday. Baby measures 5 weeks, 6 days, which is off from when I ovulated. It made me nervous until someone explained to me that they do multiple scans and compare before they give you a date. I have my next scan next Friday.

@sharpie: I'm in the same boat. I *really* want a girl. Lol. We already have a son (my husband's from a previous relationship) and I don't think I want to have anymore children after this one. So we're really hoping for a girl, but we will obviously be happy either way.

28. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

You guys, morning sickness with a toddler is no joke. I work part-time so I'm home today and it's actually harder than being at work. This child is going to have a lot of screen time in the next few weeks.

I've been going to bed early but I'm still exhausted. I'm so overjoyed to be pregnant and have it stick this far, but I'm a little miserable.

How's everyone else feeling?

@KrzyRiver: I think being off a few days is common. It's so hard to wait for scans!

29. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

So, who's finding out the gender? Who is team green?

We were team green for our first and loved it but think we are going to find out this time

30. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Thanks, it's good to hear more people say that. I've been pregnant before but never had many ultrasounds. So all I know is what I've read recently, all of which said that early ultrasound scans are *super* accurate. Lol. So this makes me feel even better.

31. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Six weeks yesterday and symptoms have been increasing just like with my other pregnancies. I'm so tired yet I can't sleep well (two toddlers have something to do with that too). My stomach has been funky. Not really morning sickness but somewhat unsettled and indigestion. And the bloating is crazy and I'm huge by the afternoon. But overall I'm feeling better than I did with my 1st pregnancy. I'm just waiting for my appointment. I just want to see my little one and make sure all is ok.

And I keep hoping I have a dream with the baby so I can see boy or girl. I've heard your dreams can be accurate! I never had a dream with my boys. I was right about the first and wrong with the second, so I can't go by my gut feeling! Ha ha

32. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@petunia354: We've always said we would wait. I don't know if it's the fact that we've had losses before or that we had to wait almost a year to try again, but as soon as we found out we were pregnant we agreed we would find out. I'm sure we'll change our minds a couple times before we get that far along. Lol

33. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@petunia354: Totally finding out! Hopefully sooner rather than later. This is it for me! Though I think I'll have three boys. I have a theory that if your first two are the same sex, than so will the third.

34. sharpie

grape / 84 posts

@My Only Sunshine: Ditto basically everything you said, it's SO hard. And my 14th month old doesn't understand why I feel so bad or why I'm sleeping so much.

35. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@Mamasig: I had a very vivid dream that we were having a girl, I don't think I had any dreams when I was pregnant with DS. I'm excited to find out what you're having! I'd love a big crew of boys

@KrzyRiver: Ha it's ok to change your minds! My brother & SIL went from wanting to find out but not telling anyone, to being team green

36. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@petunia354: We'll have to see if you're dream was right! I would be happy with a girl since I don't have one. But then I think of 3 little boys running around and growing up together, it makes me happy too.

37. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

We are going to be team green. We were the first time, too. I really enjoyed waiting to find out!

I had some very faint spotting and cramping yesterday. The nurse I spoke with wanted to wait before doing any tests or scans (I was definitely hoping they'd call me in for an early ultrasound- just so I could stop worrying!). She did let me know that if bleeding increased or became red I would need to go in ASAP (to the ED or their office) for a rhogam shot because my blood type is A-.
    Anyway, things seem to have stopped for now at least. I haven't had much more cramping since going to bed very early last night. And the spotting is so faint its kind of hard to tell sometimes, but I think its going away now too.
    I was feeling very pessimistic yesterday, but after looking around at various posts/polls on Hellobee I realized how its SUPER common to have some faint spotting/cramping. And my husband did some research as well, and told me there is a pretty significant hormonal shift that happens 6 weeks after LMP, and that could be the cause of it, I guess. So I"m feeling more calm about it today.

38. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Silva: I remember cramping with my 1st pregnancy a lot and the doctor telling me it's normal. I also faintly spotted once with my second pregnancy. The nurse told me it was more of a concern if it was a lot of blood (Like soaking through a pad) and a lot of cramping. There is so much going on down there. I'm sure it's fine. When is your appointment?

39. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Mamasig: ugh, not until the 14th of october.

40. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Silva: waiting is the worst!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee