Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@MrsTiz: So happy that things are going a lot better for you and Jack! I can't believe he is already a month old!

2. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@NeekieRose: great pictures! glad recovery is going well.

3. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@MrsTiz: sounds like things are really improving. That's great news! I think we are going through a little fussy growth spurt here at almost three weeks. I hear things turn a bit of a corner at one month... I'm looking forward to it!

4. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Name: Nathan Dean
    Sex: Boy!
    Due date: November 17 ("officially" the 20th)
    Birth date: November 14
    Length: 20"
    Weight: 8 lb 13 oz

Nathan is now 3 days old and he's pretty much the most amazing thing in the world. He was born via scheduled c-section and we spent 2 nights in the hospital. Last night was our first night home and he was a really great sleeper (way different than in the hospital!), so I'm hoping that will continue. We're breastfeeding (with a shield right now) and that's been going well so far. I was super nervous about how it would go.

Basically, he is such a sweet baby and his daddy and I are totally in love. Sometimes I just stare at him because I cannot believe he's finally here!!

5. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@lilteacherbee: ahh he is just to die for! Can't wait to come meet you guys one day! So so happy to see things are going well for you!

Jack had his one month appt last week. He was 8.15 lb and 21" tall, so 20th percentile for both. Just a little thing! He's eating 4oz bottles now and still sleeping well at night. He's spending a lot more time awake during the day and I have no clue what to do with him because he seems grumpy when he's up lol! I can tell his vision is better because he's focusing a lot more now. He rolled over today during tummy time! Totally cried my first happy tears since he's been born, I was so proud of him! He's 5 weeks old now.

Is everyone else doing okay?

6. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

I totally forgot about this thread! Oops! I've been posting everything to the Nov. board!

Harper Marie
    Girl
    Due Nov 8
    Scheduled C-section Nov 6 (breech)
    8 lbs 8 oz
    18.5"

Things are going so great! We're still working on feeding, I have our third LC appt scheduled for Wednesday... As of now were BFing for 10-15 min a side, then she gets an once-once and a half bottle (made up of whatever I had pumped at the previous session and formula), then I pump for 10 minutes after (to stimulate and try to get something for the next bottle). She's actually latching great and I'm HOPING she's getting a decent amount from the breast...at our last appt on Thursday, she took an once total. I'm taking Fenugreek to try to help increase my supply, and I smell like maple. It's sick. Haaahha.

I'm so hoping I'll be producing enough to be able to drop the pumping/bottle mess (at least cut way back on it rather than every feeding...), so well see what they say!

We're waiting for Wednesday (2 wk appt) to really figure out our sleeping schedule. Right now DH stays up until 1-2 with her in the RnP in the living room while I sleep in our bedroom, getting up every 3 hours to come out and feed/pump. Then at 1-2ish, hell head to bed and I'll stay out with her for the rest of the night/morning. It's been nice so far because we're both able to get a few hours of good hard sleep, she's a noisy sleeper and I'm afraid once were on the same schedule in out bedroom well both be paranoid! Anyway, I'm hoping once we get the ok to let her sleep instead of having to wake her every three hours, it'll help.

I mentioned it in another thread, but pretty sure we're in the 10 day growth spurt, she's been on my boobs non-stop and is a little sassy pants! Otherwise, all is going so well! I haven't touched our cloth diapers yet (oops), I feel like I wash pump parts all day long, and I've never been so paranoid about bottoms (seriously, how "in there" are you supposed to wipe girls?!), but I've never been happier!

7. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Hi ladies! I've had zero time to get online since #2 arrived but I am excited to join this thread!

Name: Mattias
    Sex: Boy
    Due date: November 13
    Birth date: November 12, scheduled C-section
    Length: 21"
    Weight: 8 lb 5 oz

This was my second baby and his brother is 22 mos old. Having 2 is crazy - my older son LOVES his baby brother and often has to stop what he is doing to insist that you bring baby over so he can give him a smooch, but he has also been acting out and whining a bit more in the 3 days since Matty came home. I'm hoping he settles down soon, he is making DH and I a little nuts.

Matty has been such a sweet little addition to our family. He does get a little fussier than I remember my other son being but that is less and less each day, I think as my milk is really coming in he is getting better feeds. We haven't had major issues and are just trying to enjoy him. My friend had a baby 1 month before he was born, and she brought him over today. It already made me sad to see a one month old, I don't want my sweet tiny newborn to become such a big boy! I like him how he is!

Our big milestone today was that DS slept for two 3 hour stretches last night! Until yesterday afternoon he had pretty much been nursing every 1.5-2 hours. It is a whole different world for us with this one, amazing how different two babies can be. Our first son was a super sleeper and had to be woken up for feeds ALL the time, he rarely demanded to be fed. It is really much much nicer to be woken up by a crying baby than by an alarm every 2-3 hours.

8. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

Name: L
    Due date: November 4
    Birth date: November 10
    Length: 20"
    Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz

We've been home for almost a week now and though we're obviously tired, things are going great! Breastfeeding gets better each day--he's nursing for longer and longer and I'm hopeful that at his 2 week pedi appt he'll be back up to birth weight or higher. At his first appt at 3 days old he'd lost 4.5 oz but the doctor wasn't concerned. My husband is off work until the 26th and we are all really enjoying our time together. Glad to read that things are going well for you ladies too!

Especially great to read how things have improved for you, @MrsTiz:!

9. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@ms.janedoe: I'm so proud of you for keeping with nursing/pumping and still giving it a shot! You are doing an amazing thing for Harper and it sounds like things are improving! I hope they continue to, but no matter what feeding path you end up with in the end, know that you really did give it your all!

BTW, you don't have a thyroid condition or any blood sugar conditions right?! If so stop taking fenugreek! It can alter blood sugar levels and mess with thyroid function. Just my word of caution with fenugreek, otherwise that stuff can be amazing for milk production. Before I knew I had a thyroid condition I was taking that and blessed thistle and it really did help my milk supply. After I had to stop taking both, I found keeping my fat intake up, by taking shots of EVO (ummm...gross) really made a huge difference. Also oatmeal and quinoa can help

@shellio: I like hearing how the sibilings a are doing Glad to hear things are going well all around!

@DigAPony: Aww family time!

@MrsTiz: So glad to hear an update and that things are going so well. Crazy! I still can't wrap my head around Jack being 5 weeks already!! Where did the time go?

10. yin

honeydew / 7917 posts

Name: O
    Due date: November 9
    Birth date: November 3
    Length: 19.5"
    Weight: 6 lbs 1 oz

Baby O is now 2 weeks old, and I feel like he is growing up so fast already. Big brother E is doing well and adjusting to our new addition. I am breastfeeding and beyond happy that it's working out for us this time. With E I exclusively pumped for over a year, and the thought of doing that again the second time around seems daunting. Life with a newborn isn't as scary because I have experience. Even the lack of sleep doesn't get to me. I expect it.

Happy to see the arrival of so many November babies. Can't wait to welcome the rest!

11. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@anbanan15: Thanks so much, lady! It's actually going surprisingly well--especially with DH around to help out by giving her a bottle while I pump (takes the time from about an hour and a half down to 45 minutes!). So far so good on the Fenugreek...aside from seriously just REEKING of maple. It's the oddest thing ever.

12. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@ms.janedoe: Yes the maple scent is a lovely added bonus! And just in time for the holidays Glad it's going well and to hear such a turn around from your last update!

13. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@anbanan15: Big bro has just been in love with him from the start, but he is really being super whiny. Luckily he doesn't seem to really blame little bro for the change in his life, and really is not taking it out on him at all. The whiny-ness is getting old really fast though, I'm hoping he gets used to the new routines soon.

@yin: I exclusively pumped for the first 4 mos last time around, and BF has gone SO well this time. I agree, I was having a hard time imagining doing that again. Glad its going so well for you too!

@ms.janedoe: Good for you for sticking with it - glad things are getting better! DH's help is KEY in that feeding schedule. We did a similar routine with my first DS for the first couple months and I don't know how I would have done it without him. I hope you are able to feed without pumping by the time he goes back to work!

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

Time to join the "other side" of November mamas. The baby side!
    E is 1 week old now and I'm feeling great. So happy Even if cluster feeding is INSANE in the membrane.

Name: Elliott Gray
    Due date: 11.28.13
    Birth date: 11.12.13, vaginal birth, with epidural
    Length: 19.5"
    Weight: 6 lb 6 oz

I'm working on a story to share. All I will document for now is that I was feeling good. I thought I had over 2 weeks to go. Then my water broke in my sleep. At first I thought maybe it was blood. Then I thought it was just pee...keep in mind, I was woken from deep sleep by a gush between legs. Only other time I've felt that is a period. Then I went to hospital, ER, thinking they might send me home telling me I peed my pants. Little did I know...it was go time.

15. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@sweetooth: Ahhh I die! That face! Sooo sweet!

16. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@anbanan15: The cheeks! So edible, right?

17. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: Oh my gosh, what a little sweetheart! I'd be snuggling him 24/7! He's so precious!

18. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@sweetooth: beautiful boy!

19. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@sweetooth: Elliott is soooo cute! Love the face he is making!

20. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Glad to see so many more mommas joining this thread! I have been trying to follow along with this and the main Nov threads, but have not been updating much.

Reagan was 3 weeks old yesterday and things are still going really well. I started pumping last week just to get a jump on slowly building a stash and introducing a bottle. I am able to pump about 4-5oz after a nursing session (clearly no supply issues, ha). I freeze some of it and put the rest in a bottle for DH to give her.

She is not a fan of taking a bottle from me (clearly no dummy), but she will take it from DH no problem. It's really cute to see him feed her. Apparently I refused to take a bottle as a child, so my mom warned me that maybe Reagan wouldn't take one either. Not a problem at all, as she continues to be pretty much the perfect little baby.

She is awake for longer stretches during the day, and like @MrsTiz, I am not sure what I am supposed to do with her! I bounce her around and talk to her. Try to get her to be interested in her playmat, but I don't think she is ready for that yet.

Here are a couple pics of DH feeding Reagan. And look, she is already holding the bottle by herself! Haha

21. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

Lame LC appt. update...

Harper only transferred 1.1 oz. from the breast. Boo. All 3 LCs were basically out of ideas as to why I'm having supply issues. I ordered domperidome so I guess that'll kind of be our last ditch effort. In the meantime I'm upping the Mothers Milk Tea, Fenugreek, and nursing/cuddling time. It was suggested that I drop pumping, as it doesn't seem to be doing much and may be stressing me more than it's worth.

I'm so freaking torn...she nurses/latches great and is super content at the breast, and I LOVE nursing, I just can't believe I'm having this many issues with it. I'm hoping by dropping pumping it eases up the feeding routine, and I've heard great things about domperidome...so I guess we'll just keep on trucking until then...

Otherwise, all is SO great. She's 2 weeks today, which is crazy!!! I've successfully given her baths (whew!), she likes to party a little too much at night (stinker!), and eats (whatever/however!) comes her way!!

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@sweetooth: love him!
    @NeekieRose: I cannot believe she is three weeks old already!!

Here is Jack Ryan! Photo overload...sorry!

23. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. J: cutie pie!

24. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. J: the little giraffe swaddle!!! he's so cute...

25. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

How are all of the November babies & mamas doing?

Little S will be a month tomorrow. I feel like time has gone both incredibly fast and super slow at the same time. Newborn stage is certainly tough, though not for reasons I expected. We've had some reflux issues and he's often uncomfortable from gassyness. I feel so badly that I can't make him feel better. We certainly have a lot of fussy time. But overall we are doing well. Some nights we've been getting four hours of sleep followed by three more! I am hoping to hit five hour stretches soon.

What is everyone doing for thanksgiving this coming weekend? We will be driving to my parents about 2.5 hours away. I'm curious how it's going to be stayin somewhere else And breaking out of our "routine".

26. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

I can't believe I missed most of these announcements! Such gorgeous babies! Congrats mamas!!!

27. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Name: M. K.
    Sex: girl
    Due date: 11.22.13
    Birth date: 11.22.13
    Length: 19"
    Weight: 7 lb 3 oz

I posted some info about her birth and how things have even going on the main November thread. Just adding her birth states here

28. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

Hi guys, just checking in to say hi. Today was my due date and Declan Cole is 6 days old :-D. Things are going really well and I can't believe how much in love I am. We have newborn photos later today, and my goal for the rest if the day is nap and fill in some more details about how Declan got here.

29. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@sarah.clarisse: How did you decide what was reflux and what was just fussiness? If LO is awake, he's fussy. There is no "eyes open, just hanging out", it's "eyes open, grunt grunt cry, kick, wahhh I hate you and everything in this stupid house". I really don't like awake time I give him gas drops if he kicks his legs a lot but I don't think it's doing anything.

30. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@MrsTiz: It wasn't so much his fussiness that tipped us off, though he is fussy a lot, it was actually how much he was gurgling and not spitting up. It would wake him up at night and you could hear him struggling with the silent reflux. When he would spit up in the morning it smelled like vomit instead of just milk spit up. The reflux medicine has actually made him into a "happy spitter" and he spits up more often than before the medicine. But it seems more like a typical baby spitting out extra milk. No more vomit smell.
    On a separate issue he has a really difficult time with gas and most of his fussy times are when he's trying to pass it. We did gripe water (no help), gas drops (not sure if it helps), and have decided to try probiotics after reading ever HB post about them. We just started two days ago so I am waiting to see if there is a change.
    I hear you about the awake time. He has good days and bad. But most of the time I feel like I spend all of my time finding a way to keep him from being fussy. I hear that weeks 6-8 are the peak for fussy newborns. So maybe you are on your way out! I'm still waiting nervously for that time period!

31. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I've been focusing on feeding to get my guy back up to his birth weight for today's 2 week appointment. He made it there, and surpassed it! I'm so proud of the two of us and the three hour feeding cycle we have been on. Working right now to lengthen the feedings, and have a stretch of 3-4 hours of sleep sometime soon.

32. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I posted my birth story over in the pregnancy category. Little E was due on 11/28 throughout my pregnancy. So in honor of that day, today, Thanksgiving, I finally documented the details of his early arrival on 11/12/13.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope we can offer more support on this thread - it's been a little quiet. But I know that as November comes to a close we're all in this new phase together. Let's lean on each other!. My husband goes back to work next week and I have a feeling I'm going to need the support.

33. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

hey everyone! Baby Pink, aka Caroline Joelle turned 2 weeks old yesterday!

Name: Caroline Joelle
    Sex: Girl
    Due date: November 7th (changed to 12th at 37 weeks)
    Birth date: November 13th at 12:38 AM
    Length: 18 in
    Weight: 6.8 pounds

Birth Story in a nutshell:

I started having contractions 7-10 min apart on the 11th at about 5:30 AM and went into the hospital at 3AM on the 12th when they were 3-6 lasting about 1 min 30 sec - they decided to go ahead and admit me for induction at 7AM because after I was only at a 1 after over 24 hours. They started me on a Cervadil at 9 AM and removed it at 12 when they gave me my epidural (I was seriously begging for it by this point) and I'd gotten to a 2

After the epidural I progressed a little bit more so they held off on the Pitocin until just about 6 PM-- and then they started me on it. I went to sleep at about 8 because they kept me laying on my one side and that side happened to face the bathroom door and not the TV-- since I was on an oxygen mask I wasn't able to talk a lot so the next several hours are fuzzy.... I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep since 5:30 the morning before!

At 11:45, my doctor came in to check me and I'd only gotten to a 5-- at this point he basically said "I have good news and some bad news. The good news is that the baby will be here soon, the bad news is that she's not going to be born vaginally..." to which I groggily said "Ok"-- I was pretty nonchalant about it because I didn't have ANY idea what had been going on for the last almost 4 hours-- and just thought it was because I was taking so long to dilate...

when I woke up the next morning after my c-section my husband filled me in on the details of the night before-- because I passed out right after my skin time with the baby in the recovery room.

While I was sleeping-- the nurses were in and out of the room pretty much every time I had a contraction because every time I had one, my peanuts heart rate would drop (my hubby and my mom turned off the alarms in my room so they wouldn't wake me up, since the nurses had their own)-- It turns out that the cord had been wrapped around her neck... if the nurses that morning had sent me home when they checked and saw I was only at a 1 (our hospital is BUSY and they do this when it's safe) I might not have my baby right now.

She's doing great aside from a lot of breast feeding issues requiring me to pump like a madwoman in attempt to keep up with her (she wouldn't latch for the first 48 hours and ended up getting bottles in the hospital because her blood sugar was so low-- now she refuses the breast) we're also having some milk supply issues-- I'm not able to get enough from pumping sessions to feed her exclusively BM-- but she's getting about a 60/40 ratio which I'm struggling to be ok with....

Here's a couple pictures of my peanut!

34. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Mrs. Pink: So sweet! Congrats mama!

ETA: I had to go back and read your birth story once I had a min. My LO also had the cord around her neck! I too didn't fully know until after, which I'm thankful for. I'm glad all of our babies arrived safely!

35. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Congratulations! Your peanut is absolutely beautiful. And what's with all of the babies with their cords around their necks? Mine had it too, but luckily his little fist was in there with his neck. I'm so glad your hospital kept you there. Best of luck with the breastfeeding and supply.

36. ChitownRo

clementine / 948 posts

@Mrs. Pink: thanks for sharing your birth story. She is precious. I'm also struggling with bf and am now pretty much exclusively pumping. My LO also won't latch and was given formula in the hospital for low sugar. I'm just trying to go with the flow and not stress about it now.

37. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Congrats mama!! She's gorgeous! My LO was born via c section a day after yours. How's your recovery going? Good luck with breatfeeding, I hope it turns around for you!

@sweetooth: I just read your birth story! Amazing! So glad all of our babies have arrived safely. I wonder about my LO and his cord. He was stuck so tight in my uterus that they had to vacuum him out during the c-section and then he didn't cry for what seemed like ages (but may have very well just been a few seconds). Little Elliott is beautiful

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

38. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@lilteacherbee: You look fantastic! And I love little Nathan's Turkey outfit Thank you for the sweet sentiments on my birth story

39. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@sarah.clarisse: How did the drive go? I can't imagine staying somewhere else or breaking out of our routine just yet. We aren't quite to three weeks though. And your baby is now over a month! Congratulations! And I'm jealous of your 4 hours stretches of sleep. I'm only up to a max of 3 hours uninterrupted.

40. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@Mrs. Pink: congratulations! The pictures are so so sweet!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee