Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@ShootingStar: so cute!! he looks like he has pretty good strength-- I'm going to try using a bigger pillow like that to see if it helps! Also- What is that whale toy thingy in the background? it looks fun!

@NeekieRose: that camera is so awesome! I wish could have one of those when I go back to work-- which is Monday-- my MIL is watching her for us so I know she's going to be in good hands but the ability to just have a peek when I miss her would be awesome

@Ash: have you tried a mirror? I know that worked for about 2.5 seconds for us, if you haven't, your LO might like it!

2. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

I found some Piggy Paint at a local boutique and couldn't resist... it was hard work painting her teeny little toenails especially since even asleep she's super wiggly and ticklish!

The polish is water based and free of chemicals/odor so it's safe for little bitty baby feet-- though I'm not going to put it on her fingers.

3. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Pink: That is so cute! I was wondering when it would be safe to paint baby girl's nails. Love it!

4. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@Mrs. Pink: It's this thing - http://www.amazon.com/Infantino-Wonder-Whale-Kicks-Giggles/dp/B00DJPKA4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391640330&sr=8-1&keywords=infantino+whale+kicks+%26+giggles+activity+gym. It's a little weird though, I had attach something to the back of it so the whale tail wouldn't be constantly falling down.

5. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@NeekieRose: I wouldn't use real nail polish-- or put it on her fingers but this stuff seems legit- the little bit that got on her skin came off with a gentle rub using a q-tip and some make-up remover (I used my Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water but I imagine anything would work)- they say the polish comes off with rubbing alcohol in 1-3 days or you use their non toxic remover if it's more then that

I got a mini from the boutique so it was like $2.00 but they have a website too

http://www.piggypaint.com

6. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@ShootingStar: oh my gosh! I have been looking for a gym that does something with kicks-- I saw a post on The Art Of Making a Baby where she talked about a kicking bouncy seat but it's been discontinued- I'll have to check that one out--

7. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Thanks for all the well wishes. She has been sleeping 10 hours every night since we have been home. I have also still been getting calls from our pedi and she had her post hospitalization follow-up today. She is 12 lbs 2 oz, which is exactly what she was last Monday. She was 12 lbs 4 oz when he sent u to the hospital on Friday, so he wants to do a follow-up/weight check in 2 weeks. Otherwise she is doing well. He said that she was so much more alert today and that he is glad she didn't have an intussusception but "she was certainly acting like a child that had one" (forgive me if I am repeating myself). He also told me that they had her in the ICU, which we didn't realize, and when he called in for updates he thought she had surgery since they said ICU. The plan going forward for immunizations is no rotavirus and each vaccine will be given individually with 1 per week or more between them.

I need to go back and catch up again! I have no clue what is going on! Cute pictures everyone!

@ash: I love having gold, but as of now I don't think I will be renewing. I just can't see doing so right now either.

8. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Ash: I'm not gold, but I wanna be your friend on Facebook! I do much better at keeping up on there.

@anbanan15: I have been following along and, oh my, I am SO glad she's feeling so much better! Poor baby and poor mama!

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Awww cute little toes

@anbanan15: So glad she's feeling better!!!

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@NeekieRose: So cool that you can peek in on her anytime!

@ShootingStar: Cute!!

@Ash: N hates tummy time too...like reallyyyy hates it! He loves to lay on us on his tummy, but on the floor or the boppy? Nope.

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Last night, LO went to sleep at 9:45 and slept straight to 4:30! He ate and then went right back to sleep until 8:00! It was glorious! I feel so lucky that he's always been a pretty good sleeper (now I'll probably jinx it!). Of course, I didn't fall asleep until 1am, ugh! I have a cold, too...pretty awesome! DH was sick last week and he seemed to have shared his germs really hoping the baby doesn't catch it!

12. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@FarmWifeGina: yaaaaay!

@lilteacherbee: same! phew, glad my lo isn't the only one. He had a full fledged meltdown during last night's tummy time.
    Go Nathan - sleeping like a champ!

@anbanan15: oh my... icu! I'm glad you didn't know about that - that would have worried you even more! Hope she's up in weight at her next check. Good plan with the vaccines. Hopefully that is easier on her.

@Mrs. Pink: Awe look at her piggies! Cute!
    Maybe next time we'll try a mirror. It's worth a shot!

13. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

I thought I'd add to the "baby giving the stink eye/mean-muggin'" fun and post a picture from our tummy time this morning. using the body pillow is working out so far, she can't roll over in it so she's getting the "time off the back of her head" that I'm after. We can roll other times...

14. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Pink: haha...so cute! I know I probably say this everytime, but her hair is so awesome.

15. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Last night I had a Junior League meeting so DH was on baby duty for a whole evening on his own. He picked up Reagan from daycare at 6:15, gave her a 4 oz bottle when they got home at 6:30. Played, did some tummy time and she apparently was still hungry. So he gave her another 4 oz bottle. Needless to say, she was OUT after that until I got home around 9:30.

Eight ounces in less than an hour. I don't know how her belly even has room to hold that much!

16. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@NeekieRose: Caroline has done that before too- but then there are times where I can't even get her to finish her 3oz regular bottle... sometimes I guess they're just bottomless!

17. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

Hi ladies! I sorta fell off the bandwagon in terms of posting. But have been following along a ton. I started back to work this week and S started daycare. I'm handling it so much better than I expected and he is doing so great. I think it's actually nice to have a little break from being "on" all day. Work is like a vacation I'm lucky that he's only going three days a week and both DH and i get one day a week at home watching him.

All of the pics are so cute! If we do get a Facebook page going i would love to join in. I am way better at keeping up with posting on their.

Question for anyone pumping.... How much milk are you providing each day? I am trying to figure out if what I'm sending to daycare is "typical"!

18. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sarah.clarisse: you should start a private page on fb for us!

19. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

Just throwing the Facebook thing back out, if anyone else wants to be FB friends, wall me!!

20. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@sarah.clarisse: So happy daycare is going so well for you!! I don't pump in place of feedings so I'm no help, but I do know the feeling of not providing enough still hasn't gone away!

21. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

@Ash: @ms.janedoe: @FarmWifeGina:
    I'm going to figure out how to do a private November mamas Facebook page for us. I should have time while I am at work tomorrow

22. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

Just need to vent... Today during my second pumping session I stupidly didn't cap off the bottle afterwards and started cleaning up and knocked it over and spilled and ounce. Ugh. I know it wasn't a whole session but I totally teared up!!! Ha!

23. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@sarah.clarisse: I want in on the Facebook group-- my link is actually on my profile here

24. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@sarah.clarisse: I'm sorry that happened! I cried spilling less then that a few times, pumping was hard work!

25. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I added you - hope that's okay!
    I spilled an oz inside the oven door the other day.

26. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@sarah.clarisse: I send four 3oz bottles, which seems to be the perfect amount for him. He always finishes it, but doesn't seem to need more.

And I want in on the Facebook page!

27. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I want in on the FB page!

@sarah.clarisse: ugh...spilling is the worst. I send 4 four ounce bottles and she generally only drinks 3. But I like having a 4th just in case she is extra hungry or something. The one she doesn't drink I mark "use first" for the next day.

28. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

Ok ladies. I made a secret/private Facebook page called "2013 November-ish mamas"
    I can add each of you but I need to search you by name on Facebook. If you want to join just wall me your Facebook user name. Or if you don't want it publicly listed here you can email me the info at my gmail address it's the same as my user name at gmail.

Excited for our group

29. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@sarah.clarisse: thanks for setting the FB page up! Ill wall you my info. Glad work and daycare are going well for you so far.

@Mrs. Pink: I hadn't thought of using a bigger pillow. LO liked it a lot better. She's not a huge fan of tummy time.

Anyone get to see some of the Olympics tonight?

30. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

For some reason Facebook isn't letting me search and add members from my phone. Or I might be doing it wrong.

Someone try searching for the group using this name:

2013 November-ish Mamas

I'll see if I get a notification to accept you as a member. Meanwhile as I nurse the little one to sleep I'll keep working on adding names.

31. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@sarah.clarisse: the group isn't coming up when I search for it either-- sometimes I hate Facebook

32. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sarah.clarisse: if it's private, I don't think we can search it.

33. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

Ok.... Changed the setting to "closed" instead of secret. So it should be searchable now. This way the general public on Facebook can search for the group and see who is on it but all of our posts are still group members only. Try searching again!

2013 November-ish Mamas

34. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@sarah.clarisse: Hmm...I can't find it. Am I being dumb or can anyone else find it?

35. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sarah.clarisse: @NeekieRose: still can't find it!

36. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

Anyone use cloth wipes?

37. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@Ash: I do, I love them. They work so much better than disposable ones.

38. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Ash: No, is that just like using a wash cloth and then you wash it with the cloth diapers?

39. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ShootingStar: do you just spray with water? I still wanna use my wipe warmer.

@NeekieRose: Yep!

40. sarah.clarisse

apricot / 360 posts

Omg. I swear I am an educated and fairly intelligent woman and yet I am stumped by Facebook. I've been doing it all from my phone so let me try it on the computer. I even googled how to set one up and followed the directions! Stupid Facebook.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee