Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Repeat u/s was negative for intussusception. They finally got an IV in after 5 attempts and took some labs. The surgical team wants us to meet with general pediatrics because of DS's history of FPIES, so we are waiting on that. I'm sure it's nothing and our pedi was just being cautious. She is miserable

2. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Cara M. 17: Yesssss, the 4-5am wake up blowsssss. LO does the same thing. She wants nothing to do with sleeping/laying down with a pacifier/being in the dark...blah!

@anbanan15: Glad to hear it was negative!! Hoping you all get some rest soon!

3. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: oh man. Glad the u/s was negative! 5 attempts for an iv - booooooooo! Poor peanut! Tonight calls for extra cuddles. I sure hope they come up with something. *hugs*

4. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Cara M. 17: Oh man that made me laugh! Sorry to hear that you are still healing too on leftie! Good luck easing back into work next week

@anbanan15: Glad to hear that surgery is out. Poor thing with the IV!

5. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: thinking of you!

Okay so shots were Thursday and today LO is whooooooped - up to eat and then back to sleep. No temp. Normal?

6. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Thanks everyone! After having some fluids she woke up like a different baby. We are waiting to get discharged, but she has been on fluids for 24 hours, is nursing better today and is spending more alert time. Her regular pedi has called me everyday this week to check up on her and the nursing staff told us he keeps calling her for updates as well. She will go back to him Monday.

@Ash: that is sort of what LO was doing. She just slept. I had to wake her to eat and then she would go right back to sleeping. I think through the weekend that may be normalish, but if he is still like that Monday or worsens at all before then I would call the pedi. M was still like that over a week after her shots.

7. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Yay! Glad M is feeling better! What a great doctor!
    LO is up and smiling now but he was so sleepy until about 330. I'll definitely keep an eye on him. Always worrying about something.

8. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: welcome to the life of a mom Glad to hear he is gettin back to himself again.

9. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@anbanan15: Happy it sounds like things are getting better!

@Ash: Is everything good on your end?

Sleep started getting (slowly) better again, and last night was the best yet: a 6 hour stretch, followed by a 3.5, and then an hour! BUT, I think it was due to being suuuuper overtired, she missed a big nap during the afternoon and then my parents babysat her while DH and I went out. She ended up having one of those hour and a half screaming meltdowns. Then her sleep was so long I wasn't used to it so I kept waking the last few hours of the 6 hour stretch, and then DH snored SO bad during the second...I could kill him! Oh, and he's still sleeping while I've been up with LO for an hour and a half. Wondering when I'll get my morning if sleeping in he promised... Hmm.

10. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ms.janedoe: all is well here! He perked up after I posted. Bahahah! Thank you for asking.
    Glad you got some sleep! And I'm glad dh is home and you got a date night! How long is he home for? I hope you get the sleep he promised. Dh usually gets up for every feeding when he's home but he slept through one last night - so I made him let me sleep through the next. Ha! He got 7hrs straight - must be nice!

11. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Ash: He's home until Tuesday morning, then back Friday. It's nice having him home but it's getting frustrating, like, he wants a "break" from working while he's been gone, so he thinks it's all good if he stays up late watching tv, eating, etc, then because he stays up so late, he sleeps in until like, 10. Meanwhile it's like, I'd like a little break, hell, even just to shower without wondering if LO is screaming where I left her. I'm getting pissy because I go to bed when she does because her sleep is usually so bad and unpredictable, I do all the night wakings, and then now I'm STILL getting up between 5-6 in the morning with her.

Tying in with him wanting a "break," he wants to do the "fun" things that he's do on weekends--work in the garage, go ice fishing, etc. Tonight he's going to a buddy's house to watch the game. Sigh. I usually try not to vent about him, but I'm a little pissy right now! He came to bed at almost 2:00 last night and then snored basically until I got up with LO (cause he had been up having a few beers...). Like I said, it's been almost 2 hours and he's still in bed. Yesterday when he finally got up, he came out, got a blanket and laid on the couch saying he was still tired. We almost didn't go on our date because he was still tired. Blaaaaah.

Ok, rant over...for now.

12. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

M slept 10 hours last night! 10p-7a and I woke her to feed her at 7 (wasn't sure if I should be letting her sleep or waking to feed, but if I learned anything she will not nurse is she does not want to, unlike DS who always wanted to nurse if he was hungry or not. I had to get up to pump). She nursed rather well, then fell asleep for another 4 hours at which point I woke her to feed her at 11. She nursed for 10 min and has been up basically since with a really short cat nap in there. She had a few hours of being inconsolable screaming right before she passed out last night too.

13. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

Pretty sure C's got her days and nights mixed up again...

Over the last couple days, her night wake-ups have increased from every 3-4 hours on average to literally every hour to hour and a half... they've also gotten longer and she's WAY more playful and chatty then normal-- in fact she's downright adorable.... which makes it hard for me to try to ignore her so she goes back to sleep.... which honestly doesn't seem to be working anyway.

She was previously doing the every 3-4 hour thing from about 9/10 PM until about 9/10 AM, though she'd go back to sleep after that feeding and try to sleep until noon when we'd get back on a 2-3 hour routine. I want to say it's was a good 2 weeks? Time has gotten so blurry...

Anyways during the day yesterday she literally slept from about 6AM-2:00- every time I woke her up she'd chat with me for 5 minutes, eat an ounce or two (instead of the 3 to 3.5 she eats at night) and fall right back to sleep. Even jostling her a little bit, playing airplane, putting her in the exersaucer and putting her under her apptivity gym couldn't keep her awake. This has kind of been increasing over the last week, though since she'd been still sleeping reasonably at night, I chalked it up to Wonder Week tiredness.... I'm thinking it could be more then that now...

I'm still catching up on the board again-- is anyone else noticing this with their LO's? Is this part of that 3-4 month sleep regression that's just happening early for us?

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Good Lord, I am exhausted. I had a crying breakdown this morning because I was up until 11:40 making a cake for my coworker's baby shower this afternoon, Jack was up at 3:30 to eat but only ate on one side so he woke at 5 to finish (my alarm had gone off at 4:45 so I could shower), then he ate again at 6:15. DH was a real grump this morning, so I just cried. He eventually realized what a jerk he was being about me not picking up the dry cleaning on my way to work (it is not on my way, and I don't have a flexible start time), and I think sometimes he forgets how much I am doing all. at. the. same. time.

Jack's been having trouble eating at night lately (like 6-bedtime). Sometimes screaming. He's a pretty gassy kid, but I've been trying no dairy since Friday now. Really hard for this girl! I wonder if its reflux? Poor kid.

@anbanan15: glad to hear she's doing better!
    @Mrs. Pink: that stinks about the sleeping! We're still only getting 4-5 hours for his first stretch. It seemed like it was lengthening in Mexico, but nope. I'll take this over every two hours!

15. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Mrs. Pink: We had shittttt sleep almost identical to that about a week ago. Go back and check out my complaints... LO never really had increased day sleep though. Things have gone back to normal though for the most part (thank goddddd). I initially was trying to blame the Wonder Week and growth spurt, so who knows?! Good luck!!

16. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. J: omg, he is just so cute! Sorry about the breakdown. I had one awhile ago. Not sure what set me off but the gist was the same. Sidenote-what is it with guys and their damn dry cleaning? I do all the other laundry, the least you can do is drop off and pick up your own dry cleaning! /end rant

@ms.janedoe: Sorry things are annoying with DH. I think even the best of them can be dumb sometimes.

@anbanan15: glad to hear everything is going better with your baby girl!

@Mrs. Pink: ugh, that is really annoying. She needs to get her days and nights back in order! Are you back at work? I don't know how I would survive work if DD was a bad sleeper.

So I took baby girl's picture this morning. Even though the lights were on in the room, the flash went off and she was not happy about it. This may be the most ridic picture of her ever.

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@NeekieRose: hahaha I just giggled out loud! Too funny! Reminds me of this one I have of N when he was about 5 weeks.

18. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lilteacherbee: I was looking through the pictures I took when I got to work and I loled too. I actually put the pic on FB and said "Caption Contest"....needless to say, that is getting a little out of control.

19. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lilteacherbee: Ha! I didn't see the picture at first. He is so funny!

20. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

Just have a middle of the night concern...
    Any of you c section mamas have a pinching pain internally? For the past few days I have what feels like a pinching sensation to the left of my incision but inside. It's not an awful pain but it does keep me awake because it's uncomfortable. Anyone else?

21. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Ash: I have felt what could be described as a pinching feeling but usually only occasionally while I am walking or standing. I generally shrug it off but I would be more concerned if it was more often and more painful. Not sure if this is any help...

22. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@NeekieRose: it happens a lot but it isn't constant. We finally dtd and I'm wondering if it's from that.

23. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

Anyone not renewing their gold? Last year I was gifted and I paid it forward but this year I can't see spending the money.... but I'll miss my gold wall posts. Anyone that I'm not friends with on fb yet wanna be friends before my gold expires?

24. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@Ash: Aww, I wanna be friends :). And yeah, I sometimes get a weird pinching/uncomfortable feeling all the way to the left of where the incision is, on the inside.

So we had the BEST night sleep of his life last night. I decided to try something new - instead of letting him nap between 6-7 and bath time at 7:30, we kept him awake and did bath time at 6:30. We even put him in the real crib in the nursery, not the pnp in our room. By 7:30 he was asleep and slept until 3:30!! I know some of you guys regularly get 8-10 hours of your babies, but we consistently get 3.5 hour max. So 8 hours was unbelievable. And no only that, he only had one more wake up at 5:30 and went right back to bed until after 8am!! Usually he's up every couple hours and then again around 6 or 7 and won't stay asleep so I bring him in bed with me and comfort nurses until we're ready to get up.

I'm home with him again today, we have a storm here and I'll go into work Friday instead. I hope we can get similar results tonight. If I start getting more than 3 hours of sleep on a regular basis I might think I've died and gone to heaven!

25. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Ash: Yeah, I've had that weird pinchy pain...it's weird! I'm kind of in the same boat gold-wise. I'm not sure it's really worth keeping with us not TTC anytime soon, and I haven't gotten much out of the gold threads... Bring on the FB!

@ShootingStar: Congrats on the sleep!!! That's so awesome!! Especially awesome that you had crib sleep?!

I still have LO swaddled in the RnP...I'm still hesitant to transition her because a lot if the reason I've been getting awesome sleep out of her (a 6 hour first stretch?!) is because halfway through I just roll over and pop the pacifier in her mouth. Yeah, my laziness is the main factor. Her second stretch is usually about 3 hours, then she'll go down for one hour. She's still up around 5:30-6 which I think is early, but she's always ready to go!

26. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ShootingStar: @ms.janedoe: I'll gold wall you girls my info. And glad the pinching is normal. Phew!

@NeekieRose: @lilteacherbee: Bahahah! Funny little babes!

@ShootingStar: Yay for sleep! I've never gotten an 8 hour stretch - 5hrs max! And I was on my own last night and my fussy pants did NOT cooperate! I'm determined to get him out of the RnP but li love him being close by. Plus, I'm a spaz about checking on him to make sure he's breathing.

@ms.janedoe: I still think you are super mom! Every time I'm by myself for 24hrs I think of you. I'm exhausted by the time dh gets home - I can't imagine being you. And I too would be frustrated with dh if he didn't do his part. I mean, he's a daddy now - time to play the part. lo's hair is awesome. She's a mini jane doe!

@Mrs. J: Jack is so cute! Hope you're having a better day!

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Ash: meeee! FB friends!

28. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: such a concerned face!

29. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Yay for good sleep! Hope M is doing better! Thinking of you two.

30. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Ash: I think I will probably renew. My curiosity gets the best of me with some threads being hidden. That's what got me to buy gold in the first place. I have never used the private walling....

31. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@NeekieRose: I'm such a tightwad and can think of other ways to spend my money. Last year, I accidently put it in the business credit card. Oops! Dh said to do it again this year.

32. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@ms.janedoe: I just went back and yuck-- I'm glad it's getting better! that 6 hour first stretch you just mentioned is amazing-- I hope that keeps up!

@NeekieRose: @lilteacherbee: those pictures made my day LOL

How is everyone doing with Tummy Time? I am still really bad about it... C rolls over immediately if I put her arms in front of her and if I don't and try to leave them to her sides she just tries to roll over and ends up getting into some pretty uncomfortable looking spots before freaking out.... so we for sure don't do an hour a day which is what I read somewhere...

33. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Daycare has been great about tummy time, much better than I was. She does it for awhile at least a few times a day at daycare and then we do it a little bit most nights. She actually doesn't seem to mind it, maybe even like it a lot of the time. She can hold her head up really well so I think that helps.

34. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I just looked at the camera from daycare, and there she is doing tummy time!

35. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

We actually looove tummy time! She doesnt roll yet but I can roll her on her tummy and she looks all over!

@NeekieRose: Cute!!

@Ash: haaahhhaa, thanks, but I'm faaaar from super mom. I consider the day a success if I get a few Pizza Rolls down my throat and if Harper is still alive (albeit in front of the tv...)!

36. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ms.janedoe: It's not super great video quality, but at least I can see what she is doing! And I agree with @Ash, being able to do it all while DH is away does make you super mom. I get frustrated with DH when he is gone for more than one night for hunting (thank God hunting season is almost over)

37. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Daycare does tummy time with D and we do it at home, like this morning. He can roll off a smaller pillow, but not from flat on the floor.

38. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs. Pink: lo haaaaaaates tummy time. He's really good at holding his head up but he screams the whole time pretty much. He lets us know when he doesn't like something!

39. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@NeekieRose: @ShootingStar: awwwwwww!

40. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

I am going to try putting her in my old pregnancy body pillow... maybe that'll help her like it better- she can already roll over and push herself up, which I think is one of the points so propping her up to keep her from rolling immediately might be a good option to keep her off her back so much

I'm happy it's not just her that hates it!

@ms.janedoe: dude, you are supermom-- I can't even imagine not having relief during the week-- when hubby works late even, and doesn't get home in time for me to at least have an hour I get so bummed/frustrated with the situation.... you are a rockstar

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee