Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

She's been suuuuper farty again like the last couple of nights--3 nights ago I had a huge glass of milk with dinner and did so again last night and the night before. I wonder if atvs that has anything to do with it (and that's pretty much the first time I have had milk, I'll usually have like, a strung cheese in the morning, but haven't had too much dairy at alllll)... Again, who knows.

She's been up every hour and I think I might die. Yawn.

@Mrs. Pink: I hear you on the daytime sleep. She takes good naps, but they're usually in the carrier or while nursing. I tried to nap with her in bed yesterday abd she was down for 10 minutes...I tried again and got another 25. Sigh. Fingers crossed this one passes soon!!

2. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ms.janedoe: could be! I'm addicted to dark chocolate almond milk. Yuuuuuuuuummy!

What a great night. Lo went to bed at 8. Up at 240 then up at 620. And sleeping again. He's got this sleep thing figured out. But I am DREADING shots today.

Oh, and I'd like to know why infant tylenol has to have sucralose in it. Ugh. I avoid artificial sweetener for myself and I'd like to avoid it for my baby.

3. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Ash: So freaking jealous of your sleep. Shots blow, good luck!!

We got up every hour until about 4:30ish and have been up since then. I can get her asleep, but as soon as I move to put her in the RnP/bed/whatever, she's awake and pisssssed. I think I maybe got 3 total hours of sleep in the last 12. I'm not doing well today. After an awful smelling diaper that was mucousy this morning, I'm gonna skip all cheese/milk today and see if that does anything. Sigh.

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ms.janedoe: I'm sorry you are having a rough time, I wish your baby girl would let you get some sleep! Good luck on cutting out dairy, hopefully that will help her!

@Ash: Yah for good sleep! I hope he handles shots like a champ today.

5. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@Ash: We are using little remedies acetaminophen it doesn't have any artificial sweeteners, flavors, or dyes.

@ms.janedoe: Sorry DD isn't sleeping well. This too shall pass!

6. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Cara M. 17: that's what we have and it has sucralose too. I bought it because it said no artificial sweeteners but I didn't check the ingredients. Shame on me.

7. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@Ash: oh man I didn't see that either! Ugh!

8. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I'm headed back to the OB today I don't think the antibiotics killed the thrush in my left nipple. I did have some relief I've the last two weeks but it's back to the stinging pain upon latch, the zings after feeding, and the dry skin and yesterday my nip was bleeding. No one tells you about this painful part of motherhood. This is so hard. I hope my OB can help me figure out how to end this. I'm still breastfeeding/supplementing and I'd like to do so for as long as I can manage this pain. But oh how I long for a pain free and stress free feeding. It's so hard to protect the injured nip when he flails a bit and hits it. I yelp everytime.

9. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ms.janedoe: How confusing when you haven' t changed any habits or patterns. I hope you get sleep soon! Husband is home tomorrow?

@Ash: good luck today! Yay sleep! My guy went from 11:15 - 4 today! At least I have sleep to battle this thrush crap.

10. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ms.janedoe: @NeekieRose: Thanks girls!

@sweetooth: Thank you!
    Good luck today! I hope you get something figured out and you start having some relief!

@Cara M. 17: Boooooo! I can't find any without that darn stuff.

He always goes at least 4hrs between feedings at night but never 6.5! Dh told him before bed to sleep until 230 and I guess he listened!

11. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Cara M. 17: Right down the street?! That's so great! I'm glad it worked out well for you. Good luck getting back to the workday rhythm next week. I'm dreading it

12. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

Dropping him off at daycare has been so hard, but OMG he's been sleeping so great from it. For a while now we'd been doing a 3 hour stretch followed by 2, then 1-2 hours. It has been ROUGH, especially since I had to go back to work. Monday night he slept a lot in the swing once we got home, but woke up at 11:30, an hour after I'd gone to bed. But Tuesday night he slept 6 hours and last night he slept 7! I'm home with him today and tomorrow so I'm curious to see if his sleep goes back to crap until Monday.

13. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ShootingStar: BEST thing about daycare!

ETA: I hope for me this continues. I know that for baby girl it is due to less sleep during the day which is likely due to all the other things going on. But I wonder if it is starting to wear off as she gets used to daycare. She was able to sleep for almost 3 hours straight yesterday afternoon at daycare (they actually had to wake her to eat and do diaper change) and from the video it appears she has pretty much been sleeping since I dropped her off at 7:15 (it's now just after 11).

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ms.janedoe: do you ever think about giving her more at each feeding? We saw a change in E's sleep habits when we started to supplement. I'm not suggesting formula, but can you pump and give her a bottle of BM after her feeds? Maybe with a full tummy she'd sleep longer? Just throwing out ideas for you

15. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@sweetooth: Thank you, I am too. Totally depressed about going back to work. I keep telling myself how lucky I am to have her at home with me but can't help being so sad that I can't snuggle her all the time.

16. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: good luck with shots! The artificial sweetness gets me too. Especially when I see aspartame listed in some formulas!!! The FDA denied approval for it twice and now it's in our baby formula?!

17. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

Thanks for listening to my complaining, everyone! Hahahah, it just blows so bad because I just want to have an explanination as to WHY it's happening--like I said, nothing is different! We got a small nap in this morning, so I'm hoping that'll hold me over until...tonight.

@sweetooth: I think I'm going to try to get in for a weight check on Monday and see where she's at. She's killing her diaper counts, and because she was sleeping fine a few days ago, I'm thinking she should (?) be getting enough...who knows! And yes, my husband is home tomorrow night...though I almost killed him, he goes, "Oh man, I can't wait to get home so I can sleep in...I mean...I'm sure you'd like to sleep in...maybe like, later in the week I can take her for a morning so you can..." ;adjkf;aslkfja;fja;fjk. He caught himself and tried to recover, but the damage was done.

@NeekieRose: @ShootingStar: So you think the good sleep from being at daycare is from what, just like, the stimulation or being awake? Hahah, give me your ideas so I can try them at home!!! I might try going a little longer for her awake periods, she's usually ready for a nap after an hour, so if I try to stretch them, maybe that will help!

18. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ms.janedoe: I think its from her sleeping a lot less during the day. When I was home, she would probably take two 3-hour naps during the day. Not always, but often. Daycare keeps track of her naps, and she hasn't slept for more than 4 hours while there, average has been about 2.5 hours. I'm assuming that this is due to all the other babies (10 when all are there) and interaction with teachers.

Maybe trying to keep her awake for longer during the day will help her? I also think @sweetooth has a good idea with the eating more before bed. Thinking back, baby girls started sleeping the best when we introduced bottles. At that time I was pumping once during the day and letting DH give her a bottle in the evening. She would eat 4-6 ounces out of the bottle (at 3-4 weeks) and then sleep for 6+ hours. The intention had been to get DH involved and get her used to bottles, but I think it had the positive side effect on her sleep. ETA: she was getting plenty to eat before the bottle, it just provided her with more at one time right before bed, which I think was the key to longer sleeping.

19. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Okay, I think I finally caught up and I have like ten minutes to breathe. Maybe. Surviving going back to work...having two cold days with no school was really nice. I am finally getting this pumping thing down, I think. I had a bunch of snafus in my first week and there has been some spilled milk, but we are getting through it. I am amazed at how much I get out, though! I pump 2x at work, and in my morning session, I get 10-11oz, which is nuts, and usually 5-6 in the afternoon. It takes up so much of my prep time and lunch, though, and the internet has been down at home since Sunday, so I can't grade or anything. I am reaaaaallly tired from running around.

Jack usually gives us a 4 or 5 hour stretch and then 2 or 3 after that, but last night was rough. He wouldn't go down until after 11 because of his gas and then he slept until 430, but then it was time for me to be up and shower, so I've been up since then. Yay.

Thank God tomorrow is Friday. How many weeks until June? I like teaching but I'm so exhausted. I never thought I would want to be a SAHM until Jack, but here we are and it's just not in the cards financially, at least now.

@ms.janedoe: I hope it's getting better!!!
    @littleteacherbee @shootingstar: how's it going back at work?@anbanan15: I hope DD is doing better!!!

Sorry if I missed people....brain is at half capacity!

20. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

I missed a call from the pedi checking up on m last night He said he would call back today, so I don't know if I should wait or give them a call myself....I think I nursed her only 3 times yesterday (I tried many, she only nursed about 3 of them) and maybe once last night, but I don't think she actually nursed (I just know I moved her from the PNP to my bed at some point). She just went another 5 hours, asleep the entire time, after sleeping all night, and is barely nursing now. I had to wake her to try to feed her. All she wanted to do is sleep!

@ms.janedoe: isn't there a 3 mo sleep regression? DS had horrible sleep so I never paid attention, but I thought I heard it mentioned before. Good luck with the diary elim trial. Hopefully it does the trick and you start it get some zzZzz's.

@sweetooth: I'm sorry your still battling thrush!

21. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Mrs. J: Thanks! She still seems "off". Glad retuning to work is going well and your a pumping champ! Hope you can take a second to breathe! Btw, my brain only works at half capacity since becoming a mom the other half is too busy overanalyzing poop lol

Is anyone doing the Great Cloth Diaper Change April 26th?! I just asked DH last night and to my surprise he said we could do it! I thought he would tell me that it was stupid and to get my mom to go. The event location closest to us (about 1 hour away) is at a zoo so I think we are going to turn it into a .zoo day for DS's 3rd birthday, which is 2 days before. I want a GCDC diaper for M

22. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@anbanan15: Yeah, people seem split on if it's 3 months, 4 months, or both. I'm telling myself it's probably that, the 3 month growth spurt, and a Wonder Week because we all know /i love having an explanation.

I SO hope you gt good news from the doctor...thinking of you!

23. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: Ah, I feel you. I never wanted to be a SAHM either...until now. My mom was (still is... She stopped working when she got married and still doesn't) a SAHM and it just made her a little...difficult and isolated. BUT DH is a teacher too and we live in the state that's ranked 49th (I think) in teacher pay, so I just can't stay home right now he's thinking about going into school administration, so maybe in a couple years I won't have to work.

@ms.janedoe: Gah, I'm so sorry it's been so rough for you lately!! I don't have any words of wisdom, but I'm thinking about you

24. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@ms.janedoe: He gets so much stimulation at daycare, I'm not sure it can be reproduced! There's multiple babies, 2 adults, noise, brightness, lots of new stuff to look at, etc. His teacher yesterday said they move him around from sitting on the floor in a boppy, to a bouncy seat, to a swing. The changes keep him happy and I think it's really stimulating to him. Part of me hates that he's obviously exhausted when he comes home, but the other part is so relieved because trying to work on Monday was really rough with the lack of sleep.

@Mrs. J: Wow, awesome pump output! I haven't been getting as much as I normally would, maybe because I only ever pumped when I was engorged before. Work is going pretty good. My boss is awesome because she suggested I start just part time for the first couple weeks (but at full time pay!) and it's helped me adjust. The amount of prep needed to get ready for every morning is kind of overwhelming though.

@anbanan15: Thinking of you guys. I hope baby girl starts doing better .

25. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ms.janedoe: The weight check will definitely help you in determining a reason for behavior. E's diaper count was great too, but he wasn't gaining enough weight. Oh, and tell your husband he doesn't get to sleep in. Ever.

@Mrs. J: Congrats on great pumping output! I wish that financially I could not work too. Where do we need to move to in order to make that a possibility? Or is it just not in the places we live in? 2 incomes are required to survive.

@anbanan15: Thanks! I wish it would end. Hope your baby girl sleeps off what's in her system. Are you taking her back in?

@ShootingStar: Part time work, full time pay? Awesomesauce.

26. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

I'm having anxiety over these freakin shots.

27. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Ash: awwww! He will do great. Although it was hard to watch, baby girl was over it very quickly. Especially since we nursed right after.

28. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: Deep breath! Things will be okay. If your worried about a reaction, according to what our pedi said, they and what we experienced with M are pretty rare. The actual shot part is worse on us mamas.

@sweetooth: Not as of now. I'm hoping the pedi will try to call again like he said. I spoke with him on the phone several times and he keeps checking up on her so that's good. I may take her in for biweekly weight checks at our hospital though until her 4 mo just to make sure she gains (or get out the baby scale at home).

29. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@ms.janedoe: don't you just want to punch your so for comments like that? Mine still thinks I do nothing and that I don't need sleep or food. He literally shuts the door to the guest bedroom so he can sleep and sleeps all the time. So annoying but I don't usually have the energy to complain and rather just roll with it...aka I leave and veg out at my parents who live nearby.

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Ash: Aww N cried for maybe 30 seconds and then he was over it. It's definitely worse on us mamas. The day after sucked because he was sore/miserable, but it really wasn't too bad. I'm thinking about you and C

31. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

OK, well see how tonight goes, I'm gearing up! We had 3 short naps today and lots of awake time--we played with way too many different and new toys, swung, bounced, stood, rolled, sang, etc.! I have an ounce and a half of BM in a bottle to give after (in between boobs?) feeding tonight, I skipped all major dairy... Bring it on nighttime!!

I still hate her late nap, but can't figure out what to do about it.

Thanks again for listening to the (endless) complaining and your suggestions, these tiny people can be difficult!

@Ash: Hope shots went well!!

@ShootingStar: You can bet your buns I switched her from the Bumbo to the bouncer to the swing to my arms to the mat! Thanks for the ideas!

@sweetooth: Yeah, I'm wondering if she's getting enough. I think she probably HAS been, but if we ARE in the 3 month growth spurt, it'd explain her wanting to eat more! Regardless, like I mentioned, I have an ounce and a half ready for tonight. Part of me hopes it doesn't because I don't know if I can pump that much every day...I do still have a decent stash of formula though if need-be.

@Mrs. J: Holy balls. You're a pumping extraordinaire. Seriously jealous.

@NeekieRose: I think she was up a lot more today than she has been in the past, so maybe that, combined with everything else (ha) will help!

32. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@ms.janedoe: sounds like you did a lot of work today to get her ready for tonight. Good luck!

33. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

Gah, shots sucked! He only cried for a minute but now he doesn't want to be held so he's in the RnP wide awake sucking his binky. Dr wants us to do the nutramigen for a few more weeks and try to introduce breast milk again to see how he does. Yay!
    He weighed in at a whopping 14#6oz (91%) and 24" (91%) and head circ is 97% - @lilteacherbee: you're not alone! so proud of my chunky little man!

34. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Ash: jack's head is in the 100th percentile!!

35. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@Mrs. J: Awe the nurse says big brain!

36. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@ms.janedoe: Haha hope it helped! And one more idea for you. Idk if you do bath time, but that always exhausts D.

@Ash: I'm glad you guys survived shots! And wow on those stats. I was laughing at our appointment because D's height and weight are both about 85th percentile, but his head is 50th. Somehow that seemed crazy disproportionate, lol.

37. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ShootingStar: lol that does sound funny but D is absolutely adorable - I don't think the percents make a lot of sense cuz C doesn't have a big head, I don't think!

38. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Ash: @Mrs. J: Our boys must be SUPER smart N was only 22.5"- I think he'll be a shorty (I'm 5' and DH is 5'8)

@Ash: Glad you survived!!

39. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Oh my gosh....tomorrow will be our 4th snow day! We got maybeee an inch of snow, but mainly lots of ice. We southerners have no clue how to handle winter weather! I'm going a bit stir crazy, but def enjoying my extra time with N!!

This was yesterday mommy/baby selfies!

40. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

Hey mamas and babies! We're still here, barely managing to keep up! Glad to hear everyone is managing to stay warm and relatively well in this beast of a winter.
    Hard to believe Rosie is nearly 9 weeks old! We don't really do well-baby checks, so I have no idea about her percentiles, but I do know she's growing like a weed and healthy as a horse. I am not producing near enough milk for her to thrive on, but we ARE still nursing, this is 4x as long as I've nursed either of my other babies and it's freaking awesome. We nurse and then she takes about 6 oz of donated breast milk from a bottle. She sleeps through the night about half the time and the rest of the time she only wakes up once around 3-4 AM, so I can't complain about that. As for me, adjusting to 3 kids has been surprisingly easy and I've found my groove even better than when I just had a 4 and 2 year-old. Thank you, placenta and cod liver oil, lol. Except for when we go anywhere. But then I just take lots of deep breaths and expect nothing to happen quickly. So, so far, so good. This is going to be a big year for me, I've already signed a bunch of contracts with couples hiring me as their doula or birth photographer, so that's totally exciting- it's the thing I need to do for me, to get me out of the house and in touch with my own identity and passions, so to speak. Life here is crazy, but pretty crazy good.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee