Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@ms.janedoe: such a cute smile!

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@NeekieRose: So glad to hear that the west coast trip was a success. And I'm jealous that you were enjoying such warm temperatures. NoVA is too cold right now, don't you think? And I don't know when this snow will melt with these temperatures we are having. // Glad to hear she isn't in those little legs casts anymore. How does she do with keeping the shoes on? I can hardly ever keep socks on my guy.

@ShootingStar: I knew there was someone else who had a blowout. It only gets worse from here, right? Just hoping my gag reflex gets stronger

@ms.janedoe: Yay for 15-20 minutes on the playmat! I find that E's happiest in my arms, but I know I need to work on more time in the pack-n-play or on and activity mat during daytime hours. // As for eating healthier, try to cut up veggies and have them in containers that you can just grab and munch on. I had some red peppers, carrots and snap peas on hand this week and it has made it easier to get in some veggies. And I'm so ready for spring too! It was 60 degrees here on Monday this week and we took a 45 minute walk outside because I knew the rest of the week would be frigid. // Your little girl's smile is adorable

@anbanan15: How scary! I hope your little girl is doing better today. Do you think you'll go in and have her checked out, just in case?

------------

Great news from me! Elliott gained 12oz. in a week! He's still below the curve, but now he's trending upward. So YAY for supplementing! And yay for growing babies! It was such a great appointment that I treated myself to Starbucks. Those caramel flan lattes are delicious! Happy Friday everyone!

3. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@ShootingStar: girl no, we DTD at 2 weeks pp. hah! We started back up daily at around 6 weeks and are still steady at 14 weeks.

Sorry I haven't been in this thread too often, work is hectic now with my new position + having Jack here!

Soo, Jack is 3.5 months old, roughly 13.5 pounds if I had to guess, he sleeps through the night and eats ~36oz a day, but more often it's closer to 30oz. He rolls front to back, holds his head up steady, puts his pacifier back in by himself and looooves his activity mat. We've never had a blowout and are over the witching-hour stage.He has acid reflux so he has to take medicine nightly.. Still not sleeping in the crib though.

Whos babies are in cribs? We started J off in the rNp and now he is in his swing (not swinging) but he takes all his naps at work in the pack n play or on the floor under his activity mat.. I am scared to transition him to crib but am ready for him to be there!! Any advice?

4. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@sweetooth: Yay for gaining 12oz! We heavily supplemented in the beginning just to give me a break (cluster feeding + thrush sucks!) and D's getting huge. So don't feel bad about formula :). And now that he's not cluster feeding and the thrush has been resolved I've been able to EBF :).

Oh man, I hope blowouts don't get worse! I forget if I mentioned up-thread, but D all of a sudden stopped pooping a million times a day and went to once a day, then to every other day. It's that every other day poop that caused the blowout because the diaper just couldn't contain it all. He's usually in 1's, but I had some 2's around, so I put him in those yesterday, waiting for the giant 2 days worth of poop, and it contained it!

@MrsTiz: Sounds like he's doing awesome! We're using the pnp next to our bed for night sleep and the swing for naps. But when he goes to daycare he'll sleep in the crib/pnp there. I don't want to transition to the crib at night until we have less wakings.

So today's my last official day of maternity leave :(. For the next 2 weeks I'll work Monday-Wednesday, then full time after that. It'll be sad leaving this adorable face, but I really need a break from being on baby duty almost 24-7. DH helps but usually just for an hour or two at night.

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@MrsTiz: wow! Jack sounds so grown up! I am looking forward to when Reagan can roll over. Mostly because we have allowed her to sleep on her tummy (I know, bad....but lots of babies used to sleep on their tummies and were fine), but daycare won't let her sleep on her tummy (obvs). So once she can roll over, I think they will let her stay on her tummy if she rolled.

We just transitioned Reagan into her crib about a week ago. While home, I had been having her take naps in her crib for a few weeks before so that she was comfortable in it. Prior to the crib, I was letting her go to sleep whenever she wanted and we were getting 7-8 hours of sleep straight in the bassinet.

To start the transition to the crib we started a bedtime routine starting at 8pm with bath, diaper and pjs, nurse/storytime until she fell asleep, then down in the crib. The first night she would only sleep for 20 min or so then need to be rocked or nursed back to sleep. She finally went down around 10 and slept for 8 hours. I was so impressed. Then the next couple nights were hit or miss. She mostly didn't want to go down and then wanted a middle of the night feeding.

But this week we started daycare and with all the excitement there, she doesn't take as many naps during the day. She has been sleeping 9-10 hour stretches this week.

So I guess no real advice, except maybe have him take naps in the crib on weekends? That way he gets used to it in shorter periods?

6. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@sweetooth: NOVA is waaayyy too cold. Totally not used to the single digits. She is okay with the shoes, we just have to get them on good and tight. One of the teachers from daycare told me yesterday that she has figured out how to use the hardware on the bottom of one shoe to pry off the other one. Sigh, my little houdini.

That is awesome that E is gaining! I don't drink coffee (never acquired the taste) but those flan lattes look good. I almost stopped for a chai this morning but didn't want to spend anymore time outside than necessary! Ha

7. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MrsTiz: congrats on a new position at work! Glad to hear Jack is doing so well. I've been thinking about you and your year's supply of diapers you got at your shower. Do you think it will last you a year? As for the crib, we've had E in the crib since week 7 or 8. We decided early on that we wouldn't have the baby in our bedroom. So we just swaddle and white noise him at consistent times each night and it works!

@ShootingStar: Look how adorable he is!!! Good luck as you transition back to work. And it cracks me up that you put him in a 2 to contain the poo I don't think I could ever really anticipate when it will happen. I only know the signs when it's in the process of happening also, I never felt bad about formula. I'm just glad I can still provide breast milk to him too. And that he had 2 months of only breast milk. If I can get back to pumping I will. I just really never enjoyed it. I've got to figure out how to change my mindset unless I want the formula costs to add up.

8. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@NeekieRose: All babies are born with a little Houdini side and yes, single digits are so wrong! I grew up in this area and I never remember it being this cold. Drink some herbal tea and stay warm! (I bet the other November moms who live in colder temps are laughing at us... )

9. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: your plan of action with your current doctors office is basically what we did with DS. We eventually found one within the practice that "clicked" and things got so much easier. We didn't want to change practices because it is te best in the area. We originally wanted the doctor DS does have now but he was closed to new patients but eventually heard our dilemma and agreed to take DS on as a patient.

@sweetooth: she is dojng better. She isn't nursing well (shorter than her usually short sessions and she just went 5 hours) and is still sleepy, so I'm going to see how she does in the next couple of hours with nursing and output. She seems happy and content now though.

Ahhh I have to catch up again!

10. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

I need to catch up...later. Yawn, we had a decent night, but I'm draaaagging today. LO is a little mussy and I'm feeling super guilty...I plopped her on her play mat for 15 minutes...and then when she got sick of that, I put her in her bouncer...in front of the tv. Faaaaaaaaail.

11. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ms.janedoe: It is far from a fail to put her in front of the TV occasionally! Sometimes mommy just needs a little break. I don't know how you do it with your husband traveling for work so much.

12. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@ms.janedoe: I let Caroline look at the TV when she's eating if she happens to look that way-- I know my mom lets my 6 month old nephew do the same thing when he's in his exersaucer or his jumper-- she'll put on cartoons and if he watches, he watches-- though most of the time he's more interested in his toys... I don't think it's too big of a deal and def. not a fail

13. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

You guys, thanks so much for the support! I know I've been lax about keeping up and replying to everyone and really engaging with the group -- I hope I can catch up! But in the meantime I just wanted to say thanks again. We had the clip done yesterday and I'm noticing less pain and compression, but it's definitely not perfect. Sometimes it still hurts like crazy, but I think it was overall a good decision. The pic is pre and post clip.

I'm also happy I'm being treated for thrush!!

On a crappier note, M fell off the weight curve today. She went down a few ounces from her last appointment (basically a one-week span) and hasn't gained enough overall this month. I suspect it was because of that awful weekend with the shield and me being engorged like crazy, but I'm not sure. I'm hoping she picks up gaining again so we don't have to supplement.

14. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@anbanan15: so glad to hear that she's doing better!

@ms.janedoe: You are doing a great job mama! Let go of all guilt!

@MrsDragon: Happy to hear that things went well with the clip and you are being treated for thrush. Lots of relief and baby weight gain wishes to you!

15. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@MrsTiz: I was going to tag you to see where you've been! Perfect timing. Happy to hear Jack is growing up a storm - I'm looking forward to ds rolling over.
    Your daily sex puts me to shame. I'll be sure not to tell the hubby about that!

16. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

We got ds into the doctor yesterday for some concerns we've been having for a few weeks now (in which they've already seen him 2x for but we saw a different doctor this time). Although rare, he thinks ds could have a lactose intolerance - boo hiss! He's on lactose free formula right now to see if it helps and so far it is. So long story short, my milk has been making him miserable for the past 8 weeks. All we want is a happy baby but that doesn't mean this doesn't break my heart.
    Right now I'm still pumping just in case the formula doesn't do the trick. It sucks to have to quit with such an awesome supply but hopefully I can donate it if ds doesn't get to use it.

17. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ms.janedoe: you're doing a great job! I'm with sweetooth! *hugs* being a mommy is hard!

18. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

Seriously the worst night I think we've ever had. She's been having awesome sleep for the most part but this last night has just been a nightmare. She woke after 45 minutes in the RnP last night and after two separate attempts (and close to 2 hours), I finally just brought her in bed with me where she slept for maybe 2 hours. I put her down after feeding on the RnP and got another 2 hours, and now we've been up for 3 hours straight. She's exhausted, and I'll get her sleeping, but she'll wake up crying after 15 minutes...over and over again. I'm exhausted.

She's been super gassy so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Who knows. I just am praying I can get a nap in at some point today.

19. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

Oh and I should add... he weighed in at 14.0lbs! The doc called him Buddha and told us the football coaches are going to be calling! Hahahah!

20. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Ash: ohh I was just going to say if you really wanted to you could continue to pump and become a donor. I see you already thought of that I used my local chapters of human milk 4 human babies and eats on feet on FB to find a donor.

Btw, DS was 13lb 11 oz at 2 mo. We called him baby Buddha too He was in 18-24 mo clothing at 1 year and now, a few months shy of 3, he is still mostly wearing 2T. They really do thin out when becoming mobile and during the 2nd year when the toddle body shape really takes over the baby chunk.

@MrsTiz: I'm glad to hear things are going well.

@MrsDragon: hope your feeling better soon and things start to get a little easier.

21. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@anbanan15: Awe I love his baby chunk! He's a solid boy. his 2 month appt is this week - I'm interested in knowing how long he is.
    I found the human milk for human babies for my state and it looks like I'll have a decent time finding someone who wants it. I'm going to see if the dr plans on having me reintroduce it at some point first.

22. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@Ash: Aww, I'm sorry you might have to give up bf-ing :(. But you are awesome for continuing to push to find a treatment for your baby. I hope the formula helps. I honestly have no idea how colic moms do it. The nightly witching hour is enough to make DH and I come close to losing our minds.

@ms.janedoe: We had one of our worst nights ever too. Though it was kind of our own faults - we decided to try out putting him in the crib in the nursery for the first time at night. He slept for 3 hours, but then once he woke up he kept wake up every hour until I brought him back to our room. We're also trying to get DH to take over one of the feedings at night, and that has just been a disaster. DS screams and screams at the bottle, which is so weird because he takes it during the day.

23. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ash: Hugs! I'm sure your milk wasn't making him miserable for 8 weeks. He still grew big and strong, right?

@ms.janedoe: What a tough night. Are you able to soothe her to sleep in the ergo or your preferred carrier? Just another option...hope you get in a nap.

@ShootingStar: That witching hour truly is insane, right? I wish it wasn't right at the time my husband walked in the door. I am maxxed put at that point and I pass off a fussy baby. The cooing smiley time on the weekends balances it out a bit for him

24. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

It's going to be another cold week here...I can't stay at home indoors all week long. I guess I could go to the mall to get some walking in? I had dreams of taking him to museums with me during my maternity leave. 2 weeks remain and I don't see the temperature rising enough for that to become a reality.

How do you all battle cabin fever? The weekends help, I get out on my own and feel a ton better.

25. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@sweetooth: Yeah he did but his tummy always hurt him.
    Oh man, I have major cabin fever but with temps in the negatives, I don't get out much (except for chiro/dr appts and groceries). I usually make dh go with for adult talk. I go back to work in 4 weeks (2x/week) and honestly, I can't wait!

@ShootingStar: that's how we were on a daily basis except it happened all day long. Now that he's on nutramigen, he's so happy! It was depressing me! Happy baby, happy mama!

26. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@sweetooth: That's exactly what our nights have been like. He starts getting super fussy and I get desperate for DH to get home, and then all I want to do is hand the baby off. And then we spend the rest of the evening trying to get him to be happy.

I didn't realize how bad my cabin fever was until I was out all day yesterday with DH and D. It felt so good to be out of the house. And D slept almost the entire time, so it was a relief to not spend the day wondering when he was going to wake up and then trying to get him to nap.

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Ash: Aww, I'm sorry you're going through a rough time with the feeding I think C is going to pass N with the weight gain! He was a little less than 12lbs two weeks ago. I think he's going to be a shorty like me

@sweetooth: Umm, its supposed to snow here Tuesday and Wednesday!!! Holy moly, I'm so excited! It never snows here. Schools close with even the threat of snow and stores sell out of milk and bread. Its pretty entertaining to watch everyone freak out! We had snow flurries the night before N was born...then the day we went home it was 60! The weather is crazy around here. Tomorrow, its supposed be be sunny and 65...aaand then snow! I want a snow day so I can stay home with my baby!!

@MrsTiz: I love Jack! He and Nathan can be best friends He's still in the RnP, but I'm pretty sure we'll be moving his crib in our room. I'm just not ready for him to be in his own room...and I never thought I'd want him to stay with us, but now I do. Are y'all supposed to get snow too?!

@ShootingStar: He's such a cutie!! Good luck starting work! Its hard, but it definitely gets better after the first day

@ms.janedoe: I hope you got a little rest this weekend, hugs!!

28. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

So I was looking through some of my baby pics at my mom's this weekend. Ever since Nathan was born, lots of people said he looks like his daddy. He's changed so much though, especially in the past month. I think he's starting to look like his mommy

29. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@lilteacherbee: I have a little moose on my hands! I love a chunky baby though. I'm getting over the fact that he's taking formula - He's finally not in pain 24/7 and that makes everyone happy. N looks a lot like you - I thought that today when I saw a pic of you holding him!

We're in a blizzard right now. I'm home with the baby while dh is out. And in the country, with 60mph winds, I have no idea how he fell asleep! Wooooow!

@ShootingStar: good luck tomorrow!

30. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@MrsTiz: So good to hear from you!! It sounds like things are going great!! Full night's sleep? Sign me up! We haven't even started thinking about moving LO to her crib yet, I think once she's on a super consistent night schedule of only a few wakings, I'll get more serious about it.

@ShootingStar: What a little cutie! I'm glad going back to work sounds like a good plan for you. Poop blowouts FTW! Hope your witching hour gets better soon and DH can get one of the night feedings, that sounds blissful!

@NeekieRose: I like your crib transition plan. That's probably what I'll try doing once I get around to...actually doing it. Ha. Also, 9-10 hour stretches? Hell yes.

@sweetooth: Hope you're surviving the weather! We're having yet another cold blast, windchills of -45. Sigh. We haven't been out of the house...at all. Oops. I'm feeling a little guilty but there just really isn't anywhere worth going when it's this freaking ridiculous. So ready for spring.

@MrsDragon: So happy it sounds like things are getting better!! I'm sorry but you have a cutie on your hands!!

@Ash: awesome that the formula seems to be helping!! I'm sure it's nice to have a happy chunka-chunker!

@lilteacherbee: So cute!!! I can definitely see you!! I am so freaking jealous of sunny and 65. OMG, I'd kill for that. Enjoy it!!

Whew, I think I'm caught up! Thanks for ann the well wishes about our lack of sleep and tv babysitting! Ever since that shit-night of sleep, things have been great, a 5 hour and 4 hour stretch, and tonight, a SIX hour stretch (nursing now). Mornings still blow as she's up and ready to go at like, 5, then will only go back down for like, an hour, but with long stretches before, it makes it way easier. I'm hoping this keeps up!

My mom came over today for a long time, so that was awesome. Got the house cleaned and some much-needed company! LO has been great, looooves that damn playmat! I've been binge-watching Gossip Girl on Netflix and am a little worried what I'll do once it's over! DH is still set to come home Friday, though I'm hoping he gets in a day early! I still feel guilty about how much she seems to love the tv and how I use it as a babysitter from time to time throughout the day, but again, I'm kind of in the mindset that I gotta do what I gotta do to get through the days/nights. I figure it'll all work out!

I've been suuuuper lazy about cloth diapers... Oops. Also, like I said, I have no plans to get her in her crib anytime soon. I need to work on naps with her though, she's a crap daytime mapper unless she's in the carrier. Blah. It's just way easier, plop her in there abd she passes out immediately, or spend an hour or more trying to get her down in the swing or RnP, just to have her wake up in 20 minutes... Sigh, I need to stick to trying to do it though...eventually.

31. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

Aaaand jinxed it. She went back down at 2:00 and since then, I've gotten one hour of sleep (6:30ish now). She's pisssssed and can't fall asleep, I'm out of ideas!

32. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@ms.janedoe: I'm still using sposies... not sure if we're even gonna use the cloth. Don't feel bad! Focus on one thing at a time - that's been my motto! I have an idea regarding your baby girl's sleep... Have you tried white noise? Dh read babies like the whale sound so we turned it on on the sleep sheep and he puts himself to sleep. Weird but it works! You're quite the mama! *hugs* glad you had some company. I get lonely just being home for 24hrs alone. You're doing great! Hurry home dh!

33. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ms.janedoe: I'm in the same boat with the daytime napping. He only sleeps when he's in my arms or in the carrier. He's become a lot more alert and active for longer stretches but then I know he's exhausted and just fighting sleep. I wish I could put him down and he'd just nap for a bit. Let's both try different things this week and report back on what works Currently he's wailing in his pack-n-play...so I'm about to swoop him back up. Elliott: 1 DayNap: 0

34. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@NeekieRose: Thank you for the advice! I'm making him sleep flat for all naps at work but he just won't have it in the crib! Uhhg

@sweetooth: Have you always swaddled? J is never swaddled so i'm hesitant to start that and a crib at the same time. The diapers are going great (and fast!) I just let my mom know when i'm low on diapers and she brings me some to work. I'm not sure if her pile will last the whole year but part of the gift was that it is actually a years supply, so even if I run out of diapers from the pile she will buy any diapers I need until his b-day!

@Ash: Hey you might like daily lovin'! It's a big part of a relationship (IMO of course) so we make sure to make time!

@lilteacherbee: Oh yes! BFF's! and YESSSS to the snow - it's supposed to start tonight and have a 50% chance during the day and a 90% chance tomorrow night! I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow and Wednesday They said it could be anywhere from 3-12 inches! AH! & you and Nathan are twins! Wow!

@ms.janedoe: @Ash: I second the white noise! I have a little POS white noise thing that plays static and heartbeat, LO asses right out with the heartbeat and his blanket tucked around him.

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ms.janedoe: @Ash: FWIW, cloth got a lot easier for us when she turned 3 months old. I also switched systems. I mainly use gDiapers and Thirsties covers with inserts. We ended up liking it a lot better than AIO diapers.

It also doesn't hurt that she's at daycare and we don't personally have to change a ton of diapers anymore. I'm totally spoiled by the fact that I rarely change a poopy diaper anymore.

Back to lurking.

36. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Ash: I'm glad you have found something that makes your little guy's tummy happy and you happy too

@ShootingStar: Hope your first day back to work goes well!

@MrsTiz: You know, we swaddled right after birth, and then we took a break. And then we tried again. Then a break. But now, we swear by the Halo Sleep Swaddle. We feed, burp, swaddle, white noise and place in his crib and walk away. Sometimes we have to go back to put the binky back, or pick him up for a little rocking and shooshing. But overall, it works like a charm for us. // That is so awesome about the year's supply of diapers

37. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Ash: @MrsTiz: Oh yeah, I'm all over white noise. We have the Marpac Dohm. Love it!

I know she can sleep, and she's good at it, too, I mean, a 6 hour stretch?! Not too shabby! I think a lot of the issue lies with me and trying to figure out her schedule/naps/bedtime. She still has a super late nap, and early bedtime so by the time 5:00ish comes every morning, she's ready to go. I just need to figure out how to move...one of them without her freaking out and melting down.

@sweetooth: Haaahhhaa, I tried the RnP AND cosleeping for a 6:00-7:00ish nap earlier, both were fails. She's in the Ergo now. We're off to a good start! She'll for sure get a swing nap later so I can shower. Hopefully it lasts longer than...15 minutes.

@avivoca: Gah, that's what's killer...I don't think cloth is difficult (except when going out and about for an extended period of time), I just got...lazy this last week or two. Haahhaa. We were doing so well, too! I'll switch back over again soon during the day because seriously, it's really no tougher than disposables (though I do need to switch the newborn inserts to the other ones)! Hope things are going well for you guys!

38. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ms.janedoe: It's going really well, I just get aggravated when I have to use sposies for any length of time. We use them overnight and this was the first time she'd peed through them. Our furnace was broken over the weekend, so she was in sposies since it was too chilly to wash her cloth.

Overall, I'm much happier now that I'm using a sized system instead of my BG AIO. It also doesn't hurt that I was able to sell all my BG for a decent price. I wish I'd gone with my gut in the first place and bought gDiapers, but you live and learn.

39. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

Okay, so I'm at work. It was really sad to leave him :(. About to go pump for the first time. I was originally planning on pumping directly into bags, then I suddenly had second thoughts and grabbed bottles, thinking maybe the bags might get squished and leak.

40. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@lilteacherbee: your photo comparison is so cute! I still can't figure out which one of us E looks like...

@ms.janedoe: I only have a RnP or PnP... Wondering if I should find a used swing at the local baby consignment store...we wanted to limit how many baby things we had in our house. But now I'm just curious how he would take to the swing.

@ShootingStar: Hugs!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee