Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ShootingStar: Hope your first day back goes well! What are you doing for childcare? I feel like I am the only one who doesn't have family to leave my baby with.

Also, as far as pumping into bags, I tried it once while at home and I thought I had to sit too still to make sure it didn't spill. I pump into the Medela bottles and then transfer what I pumped during the day into the Advent bottles that we use to actually feed the baby. I transfer at night to get bottles ready for the next day. I'm getting 2-4 extra ounces a day, so once I have extra 4 ounces I transfer that to a bag and freeze it.

2. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@NeekieRose: We're using a daycare center that's on our commutes for both DH and I. I wasn't too worried about spilling while pumping, I tried them out last night and it was fine. Plus, at work I just sit there on my computer. At home I might be more likely to be moving around more.

I'm a little worried about my output though. Usually I get 5+ ounces total, and I only got 3 from that session. Usually I have way more milk than I need, but IDK if I have the time to do more pumping sessions.

3. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@sweetooth: @ms.janedoe: I've been using the swing for naps, and not gonna lie...it's awesome. I can put him in drowsy but awake and he goes to sleep after a while without a problem. At night I have get him all the way asleep before I can put him down.

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ShootingStar: Yeah, I'm pumping at my desk too, I am just paranoid about spilling on work papers! Ha. I am only pumping twice a day at work (three times total counting the morning pump after her feeding), and I have been able to keep up with the supply. I am hoping that I don't have to pump more times to maintain...

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

So I'm not sure, but I think baby girl might be starting to teeth. She will be 3 months on Wednesday (WHERE did the time go?!), and I thought that would be too early, but we were looking at DH's baby book over the weekend and he got his first tooth at 3 months and my mom was telling me that my brother had THREE teeth at 3 months.

She is definitely drooling so much and gnawing on her hands pretty much constantly, even after she has eaten so it's not a hungry thing. I am not looking forward to her having teeth...that just sounds so painful for BFing.

6. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@NeekieRose: LO is drooling and hand chewing but I read that's pretty common for around 3 months. I don't think we're teething yet (whew!). Who knows though, it sounds like you have a pretty good history of early toofers!

@ShootingStar: I'm usually able to plop her in the swing abd have her fall asleep on her own...not today though. I had to keep sticking the WubbaNub back in her mouth. I swear, the pacifier is a blessing AND a curse!

7. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ms.janedoe: Yeah, I thought it was too early, but who knows. She has been doing this almost yelping crying thing occasionally like something is hurting her. And she doesn't cry much at all in general.

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

SNOW DAY for the next 2 days!!!!! so happy to be able to stay home with my baby!!!!

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsTiz: You excited?!

10. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@lilteacherbee: Just a little, we're not on delay or snow day yet. Wahhhhhhhhh. You guys are off the next two FULL days??

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsTiz: Yes! They're saying that the coast is going to get the most snow (which never happens!). Fingers crossed for you!!

12. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@lilteacherbee: enjoy!

13. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: we have a cold day today and tomorrow!

14. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

So baby girl has been sleeping since 6pm. Pretty sure she is down for the night if I let her. Do we wake a sleeping baby for a little bit to ensure she sleeps through the night, or gamble that she will sleep for 12 hours....(she's gone for 10 hours before...)

15. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lilteacherbee: enjoy your snow day! We had one last Tuesday, which was supposed to be my second day back. Baby cuddles instead of work while it snows might be my new favorite.

16. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@NeekieRose: Ha, I have the same exact issue right now! D's been sleeping since about 6 or 6:30 and it's 9. He's in the swing in the living room, so I can't leave him there indefinitely. I guess starting daycare was exhausting.

17. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@ShootingStar: so exhausting! I did end up waking her up. Gave her a bath and then nursed. She is back down in her crib...here's hoping she stays down until morning....

18. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@NeekieRose: do you pump during those 10-12 hour sleep stretches? I just woke a sleeping baby at 3:45 am because it had been since 10:15 that he was last fed. I'm still waking the baby to feed...but wonder if I should stop and try pumping instead.

19. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: we had yesterday and today off because of the cold! I'll take it
    @NeekieRose: omg 10 hours? So jealous! I was excited with 5 tonight. About to put him back down... We'll see for how long.

20. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@sweetooth: I do not. I have a really good supply and she eats a lot during the day. I ended up feeding her at 9:30 pm and 4:30 am. The early morning feeds are great because I do them in bed while sleeping. She falls asleep and sleeps the whole time I'm getting ready for work.

ETA: If my supply took a hit then I would probably have to start feeding her in the middle of the night. I would likely wake her to feed rather than pump though since I can sleep while breastfeeding in bed but can't sleep while pumping.

21. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. J: in this way daycare has been great. Ideally, if I can keep her awake in the evening, she sleeps from about 8 to 6. Before daycare it was more like 10ish to 5ish. With daycare she is sleeping a lot less during the day.

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsTiz: Ugh, we haven't gotten ANYTHING yet...not even rain! We totally could have gone to school today (not that I'm complaining!)

@Mrs. J: How's it going being back at work? Adjusting okay?

23. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

So we just got back from an abdominal ultrasound. I posted about her facial swelling last week and well she has just been off ever since. Last night she had blood in her stools. Pedi confirmed a reaction to the rotavirus vaccine and suspected reaction to another vaccine leading to the facial swelling. The ultrasound was ordered as a precaution because she may have had inssusception which would mean surgery. The report was stat and she doesn't have it, but she has barely drank and is very sleepy. She has only gained 2 oz in the last week when she has been gaining at least 8 oz or more so the doctor was also concerned about that. I'm waiting for him to call back with any further instructions.

24. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@anbanan15: How scary! I'm glad you were able to get in with your ped to look into this further. I hope everything goes ok, if surgery is the next step.

25. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@anbanan15: Oh no! I hope she's okay.

M had her shots today and did better than I thought she would. She wailed on the last one but was smiling by the time we got home and is sleeping now.

We started her on ranitidine yesterday and she seems less miserable. It's just a one-month trial to see if it helps/she's actually suffering with reflux, but she's spitting up a bit less already and slept better last night.

She's drooling like crazy, though! I don't know if it's related to the tongue tie clip or what, but she's soaking onesies.

Question for those who battled thrush -- did it get worse before it got better? The miconazole helped nearly immediately but this is day 4 and there's still a lot of redness.

26. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@ShootingStar: Good luck with going back to work!

@NeekieRose: Teething?! Ahh! We are finally getting reflux under control here so I'm dreading teething.

@Mrs. J: I keep meaning to tell you I am so jealous of your vacation! You're a rockstar for taking DS to Mexico!

@anbanan15: I'm sorry you're going through so much, I hope you get answers soon!

@MrsDragon: We just started axid for reflux and it seems to be helping. I haven't heard of the medication you mentioned. Is that the generic name?

Is anyone else a WAHM? I go back to work on Monday and I'm dreading it. We found a nanny which is wonderful but I'm still upset about not being her main care taker.

27. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@MrsDragon: Thank you! Hope you get some answers from the med trial.

When M was at the pedi today he said that her two bottom teeth were really close to the surface! It's possible her drooling is teething.

@sweetooth: Thanks. No signs of intussusception on u/s so no surgery, thank goodness. I just spoke with the pedi and here are a few things he wants me to call back for (stops eating, more blood, less than 3 wet diapers), but overall thinks she'll be doing better in a few weeks.

He thinks the facial swelling was a separate reaction so we are going to proceed with caution on future vaccines and spread them out. We are staying away from the rotavirus all together.

I've been following along, but my mind is so elsewhere right now to remember what I read to respond I'm sorry mama's! I hope everyone is stating warm and enjoying their snow/cold days with their lo's!

28. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@Cara M. 17: thanks!

@NeekieRose: teething already is totally possible!

Anyone have a thumb sucker?! LO officially found her thumb yesterday. She's been sucking her hand and still refuses anything by mama nipple (rarely gets a bottle but it's hard to give her one).

29. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@Cara M. 17: Same thing as Zantac!

30. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@MrsDragon: I don't know if my thrush got worse before it got better. But I just finished my diflucan and I fear that I still have thrush on my left nipple

@Cara M. 17: WAHM here! I'm trying to look for a nanny while secretly hoping I can do it all. I know I can't and I should be more realistic. But like you said, it's hard to think of not being my baby's primary caregiver. Especially when I'm in the house. Are you going back full time right off the bat? Or easing back into working?

31. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@anbanan15: That is so scary! I'm glad that you have it under control and she should be all better soon! Baby girl loves sucking on her whole fist and sometimes a couple fingers, but she has either not found or is not interested in just her thumb.

32. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@MrsDragon: ahh ok! Glad it's working for you! I just had to call the ped bc I spilled half of ours on the counter this morning! Ahh!

@sweetooth: I wish I could do it all too, but I have too many calls drying the day. I'm going back full time but hoping to ease back in with my workload. When are you going back?

33. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Cara M. 17: I'm headed back on the 10th. I pushed it one more week. I'd like to ease back in too. But my team is currently trying to schedule two all-day meetings in the office that first week back. Can we say - overwhelming?

ETA: How did you find your nanny?

34. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@sweetooth: Oh no that's awful! My boss is really understanding bc he and his wife had a baby in August. We found her on care.com. I posted an ad and sorted through about 30 responses.

35. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Cara M. 17: you're the second November mama to have success on care.com. I think I need to get serious and post an ad. I only made an account and looked around so far.

36. Cara M. 17

clementine / 825 posts

@sweetooth: It definitely took a lot of work. Two of the ladies I spoke with took other jobs before I could meet with them, one never sent me her child abuse clearances and stopped responding to me, one lady never showed up to our scheduled interview, etc. The nanny we hired lives right down the street!

37. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@NeekieRose: Thanks. That's how she was too! Whole first and that area between the thumb and index finger was starting to get raw from sucking, then she found her thumb. the lady that did her u/s yesterday commented how she already found her thumb so maybe it's early?

38. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

Totally here just to bitch. This last week her sleep has gotten progressively worse. Literally. Every single night had been worse than the one before. We went from a 6 hour first stretch, to 5, to 4, to 3, to 2.5, and tonight, 2 hours. I'm losing it.

I'm so hoping it's somehow just a Wonder Week/3 month growth regression (is there such a thing?) because I don't know how much longer I can do it. Nothing had changed in out routine at all, so I'm just lost as to what would change her sleep so drastically.

Effffff.

39. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@ms.janedoe: I think it might be-- we get tons of daytime sleep (when of course I can't sleep, still, which is obnoxious) and are down to very little night sleep- and we're heading into our 3rd leap this week... things were great after the last leap-- even with random longer naps during the day she was starting to sleep longer stretches at night now we're up every 2 hours if we're lucky and she wants to stay up from 11-2:30 again

40. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@anbanan15: Caroline tries SO hard to just get her thumb, about half the time she gets it and the other half of the time she has it tucked into her fist LOL-- she even pulls her binky out to get her thumb

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee