Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

Very strange! I would love yo hear what your doc has to say @chicalgobee

2. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@KATIELEIGH_82 My husband spent this morning putting together our changing table (just an Ikea Kallax unit with extra legs that we'll add a changing pad to), and I'm really loving the color scheme we ended up going with - the furniture is all white, and then the walls are yellow, and all of the accents will be aqua blue, and we are going with an ocean/sea life theme. We ordered the crib last weekend, which is good because apparently it takes 10-14 weeks to be delivered! We still need to get a glider, but I had an emotional meltdown at the furniture store and immediately needed to leave. I haven't really been able to face glider shopping since then.

Has everyone started their registry? We have one on Amazon and one on Buy Buy Baby and then we are doing one on SoKind.org to register for people to bring us frozen dinners and other non-monetary gifts.

I just ordered a bunch of new maternity shirts today, since all the stuff I sized up to has gotten too short. I also discovered that even though Old Navy doesn't carry maternity stuff in store, they have the in-store returns for 50% off on the clearance rack! So definitely check that out if you are there.

3. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

HI ladies,
    been MIA lately, vacation does that!
    Officially started painting the nursery yesterday. My mom came over and did the first coat, and coming back Monday to do second coat. We have been busy trying to figure out what is needed for baby girl, and making a registry, debating over strollers etc.
    I am feeling pretty good, some hip pain and discomfort but I expected that as I have bursitis in my left hip that never goes away. Chiro, massage, stretching and my best friend the heating pad helps!.

4. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

Hi, everyone! Just catching up on everything - so sorry to everyone who is having a MS resurgence!! Hopefully you all feel better soon!

Everything's good here. We are just now (!) getting started on the nursery. We're doing a safari animal theme. We snagged two cribs on Craigslist at an awesome price, and so we are on our way. We set up registries on Amazon and Buy Buy Baby. Everything is looking good - even though I feel enormous. I'm now 23 weeks, but I look about 30 weeks. Huge. I had to spring for a pregnancy support belt this week, and prenatal yoga is also helping.

We did find out - we're having a boy and a girl! We really were just thankful to be pregnant at all - but that is pretty fun.

Little tip... apparently Kerry Washington likes Honest Co. Organic Belly Balm. I just started using it this week. If it's good enough for Olivia Pope, it's good enough for me!!!

Hope everyone is doing great!!

5. rins72

coffee bean / 39 posts

Hi everyone! Just checking in. I've been busy! I work in the schools, so I have been trying to check a lot of things off our list before I go back to work in a couple weeks! In the last few weeks, we finished our registries (Amazon and Target), reserved a spot at a daycare ( ), signed up for hospital tours and childbirth classes, and have been making some calls about insurance and maternity leave!

Our nursery is almost done! I plan to recover the glider and footstool once I figure out fabric, and the closet curtains need to be hemmed. Then we'll just need some furniture and things - crib, changing pad, etc. - that I'm hoping will come from our registry.

What projects are y'all working on??

6. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

Um, looks like everyone has been super busy lately!

I'm currently in the waiting room at the hospital waiting to have my fetal echo. Apparently even though I thought my great big ultrasound went well they still want to do more testing. This isn't doing anything to calm my fears. I don't know what I'd do if there was something wrong with her tiny heart.

7. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@sophsmama I'm so sorry that you're having such a tough time. Let us know how you get on with your tests today. Thinking of you.

8. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

Hi! Everything went perfectly today. Her heart is 100% normal and I couldn't be happier! Now that I know her heart is perfect and she has no other soft markers, I'm feeling extremely confident that her nuchal fold measurement is just a little blip on an otherwise perfect radar.

Thanks for thinking of me!

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Sophs Mama: Just popping in from the December board to say that I've been following along and I'm so glad things looked good!!

10. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Sophs Mama: What a relief! So glad to hear all appears well!

Things are getting interesting around here... It looks like we're being relocated across the country for DH's job. We were originally looking at March, but now they might want him to start in September! We'll see how it plays out, but I'd be packing up our whole place within the next month and moving while 30-some weeks and with a 21 month old! Not to mention finding a new OB and hospital that far along! Fingers crossed March works out instead!

Otherwise, not too much to report. PT is still helping with my back, and the baby is cooking along fine. My placenta is low, and the baby is breech, so I'll have another u/s in the 3rd tri to check on those.

11. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@Sophs Mama: so glad to hear things went well!

@rattles: I'm in a similar position, we are moving back to the UK in 5 or 6 weeks, but I don't have a toddler. Fingers crossed it all works out for you.

12. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Lolo: Congrats! How exciting! Do you have to find a new doctor/midwife? I'm still trying to figure out where to deliver and who'll take me this late in the game.

13. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

Hey ladies-hoping the quiet around here means all is going well? @rattles: Wow, that's a HUGE change! How are you feeling about the move? Where will they send you?@Lolo: I'm so glad you'll be back in the UK! What a relief:-).@Sophs Mama: What a RELIEF! Sorry you had a rough couple of weeks. I'm sure you'll still be anxious to meet her in person and see that she's okay, but all of these appointments have just shown you what a healthy baby she is!

AFM, I'm 26 weeks tomorrow, and glad to be settling into some quiet after a roller coaster few weeks. With my umbilical cord condition and a baby who was measuring HUGE, we went back and forth between "is he growing enough, should we be worried" to "OMG he's too big, you must have GD." Luckily neither seems to be the case-I did my 1-hour glucose test and passed easily. Hoping that remains! Anyway, we've been nesting like crazy-the nursery closet has new Ikea shelving, hubby painted, and we had an art student do a mural on the wall. I'm off to start researching furniture-rocker/glider, changing table/dresser, and crib.

I've seen debate as to which week officially starts the third trimester. 26 week? 27 weeks? 28? Either way, I cannot believe it's so soon!

14. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I'm so glad to hear everything's looking better with your sweet little boy! How stressful to have all of that back and forth and worry! I'm jealous of your nesting! I hope you're happy with the way it's all coming together. The mural sounded like it would be beautiful! I'm going with 27 weeks for the 3rd tri, but I don't know if that's right. I can't believe it either. This pregnancy feels like it's flying by to me, although DH said it feels longer than our first to him.

It looks like we'll be moving to Texas sometime in September. My family is there, so at least we'll have a support system! We've found a realtor in hopes that we could find something asap and then close in 30 days and still move in before the baby. We'll see how that goes... There's no way I'm bringing a newborn home to my parents' house, but I'm not thrilled about having to rent and then move again. I'm not sure whether DD understands about the new baby fully yet, but she's going to have an awful lot of changes to deal with at once, so I'm worried about that too.

15. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@Rattles Things are totally different in the UK. With the NHS I will just go back to my family Doctor who will refer me to a midwife, the choice is taken away but so is the stress of decision making and attempting to find someone/somewhere which is nice. I'm sure you will find something without too much hassle. We relocated just a year ago and my experience is that things always seem way more stressful in my head than in reality, things have a way of resolving themselves just in time! We are also moving nearer to family which will be fantastic and is something that I am really looking forward to with being a first time mama. We will stay with our in-laws initially while we get our house back from our current tenants (we need to provide 2 months’ notice) but we are also thinking of selling and buying a new place, are we crazy?

@ChiCalGoBee: Thanks for the well wishes. So glad to hear everything is going more smoothly these days and I am also in the jealous of your nesting camping, haha!

16. Mrs. BD

olive / 70 posts

Hi All! Anyone else feel like you JUST peed on a stick!?!? I swear it's going SO fast! When I think of the weeks (25), it's not as scary, but when I think of the months (over 6!) it's terrifying! I can't believe that I'm going to be a mom sooooo soooooon! Despite the unrelenting exhaustion, and a few scary moments in the first trimester, things have been great. I can't complain, and I thank G-d or whoever is in charge up there every day for our healthy check-ups.

What a rush it's been!!!!!!!

17. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I just googled Ikea Kallax after reading your post and realized they don't make the Expedit anymore! That's what we have in DD's room and I was planning on buying another one for the new nursery so they'll match if/when they share a room someday. Booooo. Adding legs to use it as a changing table sounds brilliant!

@rins72: Love that gallery wall!

@Sophs Mama: So glad for happy and healthy results!

@ChiCalGoBee: If you divide 40 weeks by 3, that makes each tri 13.3 weeks...so IMO, 3rd tri starts at 26 weeks, 4 days. Really you're only pregnant for 38 weeks, so that's probably not accurate, but 26 weeks makes me feel better. I'm 27 weeks as of yesterday!

@rattles: Where in TX are you moving? I'm in DFW if you need any info for that area. I'm in love w/my hospital and doc. But TX is not such a small state so you're probably not moving anywhere close! I'm worried about how DD will respond to having a little sister, and reeeally concerned with how she'll do not seeing me for a few days when I give birth! DH and I have decided that letting her come see me in the hospital and then having to leave would be worse than her not seeing me at all. She's in a super, super clingy phase at the moment.

Does everyone have a baby name picked out? We're having a lot of trouble deciding on a second daughter's name!

18. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Lolo: I actually grew up in the UK, and my youngest brother was born with NHS care I just wondered how the transfer worked. I don't think you're crazy to buy/sell pre-baby, but I'm a frequent mover too, so take my advice with a grain of salt! I think it'd be easier to move pregnant than with a kid, but I moved when DD was 9 months, and that was manageable too. Do whatever works best for your family! It would be nice to bring home your LO to the home where you plan to stay!

@Mrs. BD: I definitely feel like it's going too fast! Time has flown!

@tororojo: We're moving to Houston, so not too far by Texas standards, but not close enough to share a doctor, of course! I'm wondering how DD will respond to being a big sis too. When I ask her where the baby is (pointing to my tummy), she points to herself instead! She's also in a clingy phase, but we've got a babymoon planned this month both for fun and as a practice run for staying with grandparents.

We have no idea for boys names still, though we're bouncing around a couple of finalists for girls. There are so many names I love, but I always have a hard time settling on THE name.

19. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@ToroRojo They definitely look almost exactly the same. Do not bother getting bent out of shape about the Expedit. It's like, barely even noticeable. The corners are really not rounded and the sides are just slightly thinner.

20. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

Umm so I had a check up today & despite being in good health & having all normal test results my Doctor is refusing to give me written permission to fly after 29 weeks. She said as a general rule she won't give permission after 28 weeks & 29 weeks +3 (i.e. 3 weeks tomorrow) was a real push to get her to sign off on. So I'm flying back to the UK solo in 3 weeks time & I'm kinda freaking out

21. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Lolo, do they require it? Are they allowed to do that? We're going on vacation in three weeks and it never occurred to me to ask for a note! Can you just wear a baggy sweatshirt and act REALLY offended if anyone asks you about your pregnancy?

Does anyone else have their glucose test coming up? Mine is tomorrow and I'm freaking out - it's at 4pm, the instructions say not to fast but not to eat a full meal, but it's super vague. Does that mean I shouldn't eat lunch? Shouldn't eat anything? Also, it said not to eat anything too sugary like candy, but I can't decide if getting a salad with fruit on it would be too much sugar. I'm not trying to trick the test, but I don't want to fail it because I was supposed to do something and I didn't.

22. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

My GD test is coming up in a couple weeks, and I know I'm already trying to cut back on excess sugar.

@ms.mermaid: I think a nice light salad with a little fruit would be fine, it's not like you're going to be eating canned fruit salad packed in syrup. Good luck!

23. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@ms.mermaid you should check with the airline at what date they require written permission from a Doctor to allow you to travel. Many begin at 28 weeks. I did think about taking a chance but I had a short flight at the weekend and despite my best efforts to conceal my pregnancy I was asked by several members of staff before boarding the plane how far along I was. I am a terrible liar and despite my determination to lie before I got there I blurted out the truth. I also do not want to run the risk of being refused travel and being stuck here in the Middle East, it is just not worth it to me.

I had my glucose test a couple weeks back, it was painless. I had it first thing in the morning and was told not to eat before it. I think an early sugar free lunch would be good? Ps I passed with flying colors and this baby loves cake!

24. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: If it's domestic travel before 36 weeks, you should be fine. Here's a helpful cheat sheet, but I'd confirm with your airline and ask for a letter as a backup plan if you're nervous. http://www.babycenter.com/0_airline-policies-for-pregnant-travelers_6976.bc?showAll=true

@Lolo: Eeek! Good luck with your final preparations!

25. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: FWIW, I didn't really even have time to "prepare" for my test. I had to do it early because my baby was measuring big and they thought I might have GD, so the day after they told me that I just went and drank the stuff. For dinner the night before I had a stir-fry dish with rice and some egg rolls (not the healthiest!).....and I fasted from 10 PM until after the test. They said I didn't "have" to fast, but did recommend protein-only right before. I figured better safe than sorry (mostly thinking if anything was in my system and meant I had to do the 3-hour test I wanted to avoid it at all costs!), and didn't eat. Levels had to be below 140 and I was 106, so luckily good to go. Hoping your test goes well, too!

26. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@tororojo: We do. I took a while.....I've had my "girl" name forever, and had no ideas for boys. We're keeping it a secret until Birth Day, though...both because it's fun to just have between us, and also because I am a little superstitious and don't want to give a name to a baby until I know for sure he's here and healthy. I do have to say that I'm really hopeful our next is a girl, though, because coming up with a single boy name we both even SORT of liked was SO HARD. Hopefully you'll find something soon!

27. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@rattles: I'm still crazy impressed that you're making such a big move two months before the baby is due! Hopefully your husband's company will send some packers because you shouldn't be doing any lifting right now . Glad you'll be moving close to family-it will be nice to have help and support with two babes.

Yes, nesting is appealing to my inner organizational freak:-). Room is painted, mural is done, closet is organized.....and crib and dresser arrived today. After we set that up and pick out a rocker, we'll be "done" with the nursery, which is insane. Picking out a crib was a lot easier than I thought. I saw some in person, and then found it for cheaper than the store on amazon with free delivery and returns. Total win!

28. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Lolo: Good luck with the huge move! It will stink to be separated from your husband for a few weeks, but from the sounds of it it will be really nice to be back home sooner rather than later. So glad you'll be in better hands with your prenatal care.

29. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@chicalgobee thanks, getting really excited to get home to my friends & family now & looks like my hubby will now actually be travelling with me! Funny how things work out. Can't wait to begin the nesting process once we are settled in

30. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Alright, I checked and it looks like Air Tran lets you fly no problem unless you are within 30 days of delivery. I'll probably give them a call just to double check.

I had the GD test and am just waiting for the results. If I have to do the 3hr test I need to do it Tuesday morning before I start a new job.

Is anyone still running? I had a (very short!) triathlon this morning and I think I'm pretty much done running - I was able to do 1 min walk / 1 min run intervals but I was having a lot of round ligament pain, etc. I'm pretty okay with stopping at this point, because I said I would run for as long as I could, but I'm a little sad about it and feeling a bit like a quitter. But now isn't the time to push myself and I think I'm just going to switch to aqua jogging (my new favorite obsession), or just walking and doing yoga and the barre dvd that I have.

Does anyone have any big home improvement projects going on? We're putting in a new bathroom sink, but because our house is weird, we had to buy one at Ikea and no contractor will just install it for you, so my husband is going to install it himself, which I'm skeptical about. It sounds like he'll at least allow a plumber to hook it up, since we can't be without a working bathroom for a week.

I'm frantically trying to get ahead of cooking - is anyone cooking any freezer meals to prepare for after delivery? We're getting a second freezer and I'm hoping to fill it with tasty vegetarian meals.

31. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Yes......up until this last week when I was a little sick, I was still running 4-5 miles at a time about 3 times a week....slowly with a few walk breaks, but still running! Good for you for doing a tri today-wow! And good for you, also, for knowing that it's time to slow down.
    As far as my running goes, I'll say these three things:
    1)I treat every run like it's my last. I have no idea how I'll feel tomorrow, and I feel grateful for every mile, even if it's slow or doesn't feel awesome.
    2) I've had a few Braxton Hicks contractions while running, and have literally sat down on the sidewalk in the middle of a run and not felt bad about it. Baby comes first!
    3) I wear one of these:http://www.amazon.com/Its-You-Babe-Cradle-181-225/dp/B000I5UASY , and a heart rate monitor. The band is super helpful in supporting the belly (which is feeling huger and heavier by the day!), and the HRM reminds me to slow the heck down if I get over zealous. I have this stupid, based-on-nothing goal to make it to 30 weeks running (I'm almost at 27), but it's a totally artificial goal that means nothing. We'll see how it goes!

32. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Chicalgobee I have an Ultimate Support Belt from Motherhood which I like a lot for running, but I think I'm just carrying really low. I started pool running a couple weeks ago and it's so awesome. It's like running, except the baby isn't pressing on my bladder and also I get to float in the pool. I think that + elliptical + yoga + weights is going to be my exercise for the rest of the third trimester.

I got word today that I do in fact have to take the 3hr glucose screen, and because I start my new job tomorrow and will have no sick leave at all to spend three hours in a doctor's office (which my doctor's office got pretty snotty about), I get to find a lab that takes my insurance and is open on a Saturday! I'm feeling pretty grouchy about it.

33. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

I'm jealous of those of you who actually enjoy running.. My husband loves it, but I just cannot get into it. It's torture for me!

I'm feeling rather huge today.. I found a picture of me at 25 weeks pregnant with my daughter, and took a new one since today I'm exactly 25 weeks pregnant with the new baby girl! HOLY COW I'M HUGE. Witness the horror:

34. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

Also, excuse the tattoo. I got it nearly 10 years ago, and then gained weight that stretched it out. It's not the most attractive, but luckily it's always hidden!

35. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Sophs Mama: I don't think you're huge at all!!! Ellie is just hanging out in a different spot than Sophie:-). You look great!! I should post a bump pic here.....they are fun!@Ms.Mermaid: is you 3-hour Glucose test tomorrow?? Thinking of you...not fun:-(.

36. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

Hi everyone just wanted to check in and say hi. It's amazing how in the beginning I had so much free time to pop on here and post all the time. We finally decided on a name...man was that a challenge!!!! The nursery is in the process of being painted I went with an aqua color and the bottom will be all white with wainscoting. As you can see, I bought the wooden nursery letters to spell out his name and then mod podged different scrapbook paper on each letter so far that's the only project I've finished! Our shower is less than a month away 9/7 and I'm super excited about that. I'm still having some heart troubles but my Dr is watching me very closely. I have been measuring spot on the whole time and then Thursday whe I saw my Dr he said I am suddenly measuring 2 weeks behind, so I have to go have another scan just to check things out. His heart rate has been steadyat 140 almost everytime and I feel him moving constantly so I'm not sure what is going on. I also have to schedule my 1 hour glucose test for the next week or so. Not to get too personal, but how much weight have you gained? I was so sick in the beginning I ended up losing about 10 lbs, and have weighed exactly the same at my 20 & 26 week appointments which is 6 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight...not sure if that has something to do with my measurements being off...

37. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

Hi ladies, have been Mia posting but have been reading updates.
    Hit 29 weeks on the weekend, baby is moving all the time, especially in the evening. Lots of Braxton hicks, and back aches.
    Nursery is almost done, just waiting for the crib and change table. We have the car seat but waiting for stroller. Been busy on my holidays washing clothes and diapers and setting up the nursery. My other goal was to fill my freezer!

38. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

Hey all, we must all be super busy! I had my GD test a couple days ago and everything is normal, but I did test positive for Group B Strep, so I have to go on antibiotics again. Not fun!

I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow and I'm feeling as big as a house. Little girl has been kicking up a storm! I hope everyone is feeling great.

39. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Sophs Mama: I'm glad your GD test went well! I know you were nervous about it.
    @katieleigh_82: I love your son's name!
    @MrsScottish: Ugh, Braxton Hicks are the worst! Sounds like your preparations are coming along well!

I'm 29 weeks and constantly feeling baby moving. It's so different than last time when I had an anterior placenta! We're definitely moving across the country - I've got movers booked for two weeks from now! I'm struggling with SI pain and backaches while packing and lifting my toddler, but it's manageable. I've had 5 OBs turn me down, and a 6th is reviewing my file now, but I'll feel better about things once that's settled!

40. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@MrsScottish: love your bump! Sorry the back pain and Braxton hicks, I can relate to the back pain but haven't experienced the other issue yet.

@Sophs Mama: Yay for passing the icky glucose test!! I sadly failed mine my level after the hour was 198 anything over 200 you automatically get diagnosed with GD, so my Dr gave me the choice to either do the 3 hour test, or just cut my losses and go to the class and get a glucometer and start checking my sugar. Then he basically said the chances of me passing the 3 hour are slim to none so I decided against even wasting my time and now check my sugar 4x a day.

@rattles: Thank you, it was quite a process to decide on that name!!!! Wow you're gonna be one busy momma, sorry you are also having back pain, hopefully once the move is over you'll feel better. Good luck with the Dr hunt I hope this is the last one that has to review your records.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee