Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: Hahah I have to keep checking the app too. If someone asks I'm like "over 20 weeks but under 36"

2. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

GOLD / grapefruit / 4555 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: My typical response is "not there yet". Most people still are surprised to learn I'm expecting. Usually people are too distracted asking me if the kids are twins to notice I'm pregnant

3. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

Happy Friday everyone. I'm so jealous of everyone passing their glucose test. Congrats to those who have, and good luck to everyone else!

How many weeks along now? Tomorrow I will be 25 weeks.
    Have you done you glucose test? Results? Not yet, scheduled at end of the month.
    Favorite treat or crazing? I love fruit, juice and milk shakes.
    Having a baby shower? No, I declined on having one!
    Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? Hope to have a newborn shoot, I kind of want a last family photo as the three of us but I hate how I look pregnant.
    Next milestone your looking forward to? Hitting the third trimester and for summer/the heat to be over!
    Next big purchase needed? A love seat/couch for my bedroom, we have a big space and have a TV there, but no place to sit. I would love to have a couch there before baby comes in case I don't want to go downstairs to sit comfortably.
    Any plans for the weekend? My son's birthday party is tomorrow. Pintrest is evil.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

How many weeks along now? 27+6 according to mypregnancycalculator.com hahaha. I can't ever remember exactly without checking because I am a weekly photo slacker.

Have you done you glucose test? Results? Yes (ugh) with orange flavor (double ugh) but luckily I passed!

Favorite treat or crazing? Plain potato chips!

Having a baby shower? No, and no sprinkle either. I'm just going to use hoarded Amazon points and Target giftcards to get what we still need.

Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? Probably we will have my sister's girlfriend do a few for both- she is a film grad student and will do it for free

Next milestone your looking forward to? Third trimester as of tomorrow!!! I can't believe I am in the home stretch.

Next big purchase needed? Crib mattress and maybe a double stroller. DD doesn't ever sit in her stroller so I am thinking about skipping it and just babywearing for a little bit since it will be cold and the baby will want to snuggle anyway.

Any plans for the weekend? It's tax free weekend in my state AND my husband has the rare weekend off, so we are getting some fall clothes for DD and some onesies and socks for baby. Sunday is my dad's birthday so we are doing brunch with my family. Speaking of which... should probably get him a present. Whoops.

5. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@caterw: What are Amazon points??

6. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: My credit card gives you reward points that you can use to buy stuff on Amazon instead of getting cash back.

7. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@caterw: Nifty! I'm glad I haven't missed out on some secret Amazon incentive My cards don't offer that feature. It's awesome that yours does!

8. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

w many weeks along now?26 tomorrow, I have to keep checking too!
    Have you done you glucose test? Results? Yes, passed
    Favorite treat or crazing? I've been eating so many splurges lately (about to have donuts for breakfast!), but I guess I've been having brownies the most.
    Having a baby shower? No, this is my third.
    Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? Definitely newborn (actually probably one month) pictures, not sure if we will do maternity pics. If we do, it would be family pics, but I think we will wait.
    Next milestone your looking forward to? 28 weeks will be nice, but really, I can't relax until baby is a couple months old. I am looking forward to a 3D ultrasound soon, I think probably next week
    Next big purchase needed? We have most things, might need some furniture for the nursery, but I'm going to try to make do with what we have
    Any plans for the weekend? Brunch today (after donuts his morning lol) with DD and some girlfriends. We are also going to start cleaning up the pantry and maybe the nursery if we have time.

9. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

How many weeks along now? 24+2

Have you done you glucose test? Results? Not yet, but soon. Hoping that I pass!

Favorite treat or crazing? Apple juice haha.

Having a baby shower? I haven't heard anything but this is my first so I'm kind of secretly hoping there will be one. My family doesn't live in this province so it would have to be someone in DH's family that throws one so i'm not sure.

Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? I would like to have newborn photos done with the three of us but haven't decided yet.

Next milestone your looking forward to? Hitting the third trimester!

Next big purchase needed? Car seat.

Any plans for the weekend? We've been working on home renovation projects and I've been doing lots of sewing for the nursery.

10. Mrs. Marshmallow

blogger / apricot / 389 posts

Hi all, just wanted to update that my username is now Marshmallow, as I've joined the bloggers for Hellobee - it was previously under narwhal

11. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@delight: that is a good idea on changing clothes when they get home from daycare! I will have to be vigilant on that and the hand washing as well

How many weeks along now? 25 weeks tomorrow

Have you done you glucose test? Results? Nope- next week

Favorite treat or crazing? cocoa puffs! And they have cake every monday at work. Cheeseburgers and fries

Having a baby shower? Nope!

Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? I think we are going to do family pictures in October. So hopefully I can get those for holiday cards and then get a few belly shots. I'm not sure on the newborn shoot. We haven't done any this year so I definitely want some! I didn't do one for DD and sort of wish I did except I don't know if I'll feel bad doing one for #2 when #1 didn't get one lol. I did get a new camera so maybe I'll take some of my own?

Next milestone your looking forward to? 30 weeks and being 75% done Or just fall weather- I just want fall weather! Done with the heat

Next big purchase needed? I'm going to buy a new crib and things on my amazon registry. Set it up a little early so my discount will be able to use 9/1. Just waiting for that! And not really a baby purchase, but I'm wanting to get rid of some old couches in our basement and get a daybed. And I'm getting a video monitor! Those are my only major purchases (already got a used double bob and my new camera!)

Any plans for the weekend? Last weekend we went to a family birthday party and the zoo. This weekend going to spend the weekend with MIL and BIL/SIL. Both 3-4 hours out of town. Then I'm taking a break!

12. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

Didn't need it, but been wanting a Kinderpack and finally got one in the print I wanted today! Woohoo! I'm assuming I'll be doing a fair amount of babywearing the newborn since my 2 year old is very active

13. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@Mrs. Marshmallow: Congrats! Looking forward to reading your blogs

14. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrs. Marshmallow: congrats!! I look forward to reading your blogs.

@NorCalWayfarer: I purchased a new wrap for baby O. We are huge into Babywearing in this family.

15. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

@MrsRcCar: My MIL offered to help buy a wrap (woven) the other day so feel free to set me on the right path

16. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: I just bought a Vanamos Kinde Kosmos. It's beautiful. I bought through Little Zen One.

17. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: I have these two. The first is a Girasol and the other is a Natibaby. The last is my new one. The wrapee is E. He is 2.5.

18. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

How many weeks along now? 28 weeks!

Have you done you glucose test? Results? yup - all clear!

Favorite treat or crazing? burrata....all the burrata

Having a baby shower? nope - third baby, third girl

Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? Maybe newborn....I'd love to get photos of the whole family, but if we're just doing the baby, DH is an amateur photographer with a really nice camera and can handle those.

Next milestone your looking forward to? umm the baby being born? I'm pretty uncomfortable these days.

Next big purchase needed? A mattress for DD1's big girl bed so that we can do a bed shift to give DD3 a crib

Any plans for the weekend? Dropping the girls at grandma & grandpa's so DH & I can head to Bermuda!

19. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

Thanks for the all the well wishes ladies! I'm so relieved that things are looking ok

@MrsRcCar: how adorable is your LO all wrapped up! I want to get into wraps but I never wore my DD1. I've heard the next LOs get worn more out of necessity - we shall see!

Here's my check in:
    How many weeks along now? 24 weeks

Have you done you glucose test? Results? Nope, it's next week.

Favorite treat or craving? Pancakes for breakfast or PB toast drizzled with honey. I've passed the nausea stage and I'm loving sweets again!

Having a baby shower? Nope

Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? We will be doing a newborn shoot.

Next milestone your looking forward to? This pregnancy is flying by so I kind of want time to slow down! I still need time to set up the nursery! I think I'll have the time once DD1 starts school at the end of the month

Next big purchase needed? Nothing really. Maybe some new bedding. Maybe a new car seat. We have both so it's just if I really want something new but I'm super practical

Any plans for the weekend? We just got back from a 4 day weekend to the beach with friends (10 adults and 9 kids). It was so much fun so we're recovering from that. DH is going to take DD1 solo on Saturday so I can go spend the day with my best friend. Then just hang out as a family on Sunday. Our last summer trip will be heading to Vegas/Grand Canyon.

20. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

Has anyone experienced heartburn/acid reflux/indigestion? This is new for me and very uncomfortable. I've been trying to sleep propped up on pillows and taking Tums but it's persisting.

21. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@teacherbee: I had heartburn with DD1 and I had never experienced heartburn in my life before that. I had it all through the third trimester (maybe earlier but I can't really remember). I ate a ton of Tums Smoothies (dissolves super fast and not chalky at all!) and that helped. Especially in the evening. If that's not working I would call your OB and ask them to recommend something stronger. I'm just starting to experience heartburn too but it's not too bad (yet)

22. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Just checking in from the cottage. I have limited internet access here. Doc called today and I failed the one hour glucose I had a 140 which was the cut off so hopefully I pass my two hour one next week. Hope no one else is in the same boat.

23. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@delight: I failed my one hour test with first two boys. I did manage to pass my three hour both times. I hope you pass your next one with flying colors.

24. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@delight: I failed my 1 hour with DD1 but passed the one after that. So hopefully you'll pass no problem especially if you were borderline.

With my DD1 I had a very carb heavy breakfast beforehand bc they said to eat as usual. With my DD2 I made sure to eat a protein heavy breakfast - eggs and sausage. And I passed. Mine is next week and I'm planning to eat a protein heavy breakfast beforehand bc I really don't want to go back to get blood drawn again if I can avoid it

25. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsRcCar: @sandy: ok that makes me feel better. I hope I pass. Apparently I am supposed to eat extra carbs for three days before hand. Ugh. At least where I am it is just a 2 hour and not 3 hour test.

26. Mrs. Grizzly Bear

Ugh. "Every pregnancy is different" keeps rotating through my brain because this one is -so- not like the others. I never had BH in the first pregnancy; had them late in the second pregnancy; and seem to have them constantly with this one. Of course, my doctor said my BH with my second pregnancy were not, in fact BH, but full on contractions so...

Anyone else experiencing the tightening, uncomfortable, can't breathe BH right now? Or is it just my angsty body?

27. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: me! However I am really not sure that they are BH. I am pretty sure they are contractions. They stay around long but wow when they are here. 😳

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@teacherbee: I've had heartburn with all three, but the worst was with my DD. I take Zantac when it gets really bad (Doctor approved)

29. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Mrs. Grizzly Bear: I am definitely having more contractions (or BHs) this time around. I didn't get them except one time with my first, got them occasionally but a little later with my second, and get them somewhat frequently and stronger with this third one. I mentioned it to my doc and she said it was normal.

30. Tasha

pea / 6 posts

It's been awhile since I've last posted so I thought I'd just do a check in

-How many weeks along now? 27w2d

-Have you done you glucose test? Results? Not yet, appointment is next August 24

-Favorite treat or craving? Loving oatmeal lately with bananas.

-Having a baby shower? Yes, on October 1st.

-Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? Most likely doing both.

-Next milestone your looking forward to? Week 28 so I can feel confident saying I'm in my 3rd trimester. Even though some say you're in it at 27 weeks.

-Next big purchase needed? Nothing I can think of, we've gotten the most important purchases out of the way.

-Any plans for the weekend? Car shopping I have a Camaro and as much as I'll miss it I'm ready for something more reliable and a bit bigger, looking at compact SUVs. If you ladies have any suggestions let me know!

31. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Had my last monthly appointment today. My next appointment is in two weeks. O sounded great on Doppler but my belly is measuring pretty behind. The doctor said if at my next appointment I still measured behind we will sneak a peek at him. I am not concerned. I measured small with my other two.

32. Goldengirl

kiwi / 566 posts

Hey girls,

I have so many posts to catch up on, I don't know how I missed these all! Hope everyone is doing well.

I was wondering what people's baby movements feel like at this point (I'm 26.5 weeks). The movements have always felt kind of the same, just getting stronger, lots of kicks and little pops low down. But today I'm noticing that they feel different, like he's turning or trying to turn. I think he's lying sideways right now because I feel his feet way over on the right side. And just now I felt something kind of push hard higher up and it freaked me out, as if he was trying to punch through my skin! Does any of that sound like what you've experienced? Maybe he went through a growth spurt, or is trying to get in a head-down position? I just worry that he's stuck or something

33. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Goldengirl: I still have kicks and punches but a lot more twists and turns as well. My babe is head down with the bum on my right so I can feel when it sticks it's bum out and can feel the hard spot where it is. Maybe that's what you are feeling?
    @MrsRcCar: crazy we are at every two week appointments already!! Time is just flying!!! I'm glad you are not concerned about belly messurements. Everyone I know who have had their fundal height measuring behind ended up with no issues whatsoever.
    @Tasha: Car shopping can be fun!! We love our Kia Sorento. We've had it for 5 years with no issues.

34. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

I missed this survey when it was posted!

-How many weeks along now? 29w4d
    -Have you done you glucose test? Results? Yes I failed the one hour and am doing the two hour tomorrow. Not looking forward to having to fast. I'll be sad to miss breakfast in the morning.
    -Favorite treat or craving? Peaches
    -Having a baby shower? Nope not this time!
    -Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? No maternity shoot. I'd like to do a newborn shoot/family shoot with DD this time. We didn't do anything with DD and I regret it.
    -Next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm happy to be in third trimester but I'll be thrilled to get to 37 weeks. I still jane anxious moments. I also am looking forward to getting DD in a big girl bed. We painted it today and it should be set up and ready to go in the next week.
    -Next big purchase needed? We don't need anything at all. I did buy a Lillebaby carrier though!
    -Any plans for the weekend? We have a friends' wedding on Saturday and DD has a birthday party to go to Sunday. We will be watching Olympics in between!

Go Canada!

35. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

-How many weeks along now? 27w4d
    -Have you done you glucose test? Results? Not yet, told to do it at 28wks so will go in the next few days.
    -Favorite treat or craving? Nothing in particular, maybe a nice half-caff latte? Just trying to eat as healthily as possible, that's sometimes hard though!
    -Having a baby shower? Don't think so, wish we were though
    -Maternity shoot? Newborn shoot? Or both? Have been doing "bumpies" ourselves but won't do a pro maternity shoot. Would love to do a newborn shoot though! We are hoping to book that in the next few weeks.
    -Next milestone your looking forward to? Assembling our crib and dresser. Then our spare room will start looking more like a nursery, and I hope I'll start to feel a little more prepared!
    -Next big purchase needed? I think we have most of the big things taken care of, but there seem to be SOOOO many little things that we need to buy! Diaper bag refills, burp cloths, baby thermometer, swaddles, play mat, books, clothes, pacifiers.... (did I mention I wish we were having a shower?!)
    -Any plans for the weekend? Haha I kind of missed the boat with this question. Wife is off work now with back pain, so everyday is a weekend for her, ha! (Just kidding, dear one ). It's great that she no longer has to suffer through work, even if our time off together is now strictly in the budget/free fun category

36. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@Goldengirl: Those movements you've been describing sound exactly like our babe's! She has been punching/kicking since about week 20, but more recently you can feel turning/somersault type movements, and her kicks have grown stronger

37. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

We've been thinking about feeding options for a while now. Exclusive breastfeeding; breastfeeding and pumping; combining breast feeds and formula feeds.... what to do?!

I know this will totally depend on mama and babe and it can't be totally planned in advance, but I would love to get some advice from those of you who are already moms!
    Is pumping a lot more work than being the exclusive milk provider, or does it balance out?
    How much was your partner able to participate in feeding and how important was this to you and them?
    Is it best to stick to breastfeeding for the first few weeks (if possible) to get the hang of it, or if you plan to do some bottle feeding should that be introduced from the beginning?

Sorry for all the questions, I think we're entering the overwhelmed, need-all-the-info stage of pregnancy

38. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@CedarMagnolia: We plan to EBF. I was able to get 28 months with my last little guy. I exclusively pumped with my first for 8/9 months. I never bothered with a bottle once E was out of the hospital. My DH helped by changing diapers, filling up my breastfeeding station with everything I needed and putting baby back to sleep. It worked great for us.

39. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

40. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

It's hard to say for sure before your baby is born, but it's good to think about. I much prefer to bf, I find pumping to be such a hassle. That said, I will start pumping once a day (in addition to normal feedings) when baby is still only a week or two old, just to start a stash.
    There are lots of ways to bond with baby, if your wife prefers to feed direct from the tap (which I do), you can step in in lots of other ways.
    Also, I have nothing against formula feeding, I just don't have experience with it, so left it out.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee