Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@kjpugs: we aren't on a schedule. She takes 12 oz of breast milk at daycare and gets one pouch of purée. Soon we are going to move to two pouches a day and she gets a bit oft able food at dinner as well.

2. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@kjpugs: lo's sitter is pretty schedule oriented, which makes sense since she is one person and has three under one to watch. LO eats at 6:15 (nurses), 5 oz bottle of bm at 9ish, meal of solids 2 oz or so around 11:00ish, 5 oz bottle of formula at 12, 5 oz bottle of formula around 3 ish. She eats another meal of solids at 5:00-5:30 ish, then nurses again around 6/6:30ish and is in bed by 7/7:30ish. She naps around 8 and again between 12-2. Now today we nursed a lot because she is cutting teeth again. I think we have four coming up!!!!! Poor thing!!!

3. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@kjpugs: Our feeding schedule isn't much of a schedule these days either. We used to have a pretty strict schedule of nursing & supplementing about every 3 hours, but lately she is a total snacker. Life is just too exciting to eat! So she ends up eating about every 2 hours - nursing or a 3ish oz bottle. I've stopped stressing about it. She's growing & happy. We do breakfast & dinner of purees at roughly the same every day, though.

4. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@MrsMed: @Chillybear: @Mrs. Yoyo: @ladybee: @singingbee: @avivoca: Where my October ladies at? I miss you all! Life has gotten so busy though. What are your LOs up to?

S is growing & changing so much! Still not crawling but trying hard. Still no teeth either! Are we the only toothless ones? Right now her favorite thing in the world is puffs! I am so glad we introduced those because they keep her busy. Her pincer grasp is awesome but she still only gets a few in her mouth at a sitting.

5. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@daniellemybelle: I agree- we've all been sort of slacking!

I am so jealous of S's pincer skills and puff-love! E is just NOT getting that yet and I suspect it would help occupy her. I give her popsicles/mesh pouches because she likes to suck but she doesn't get chewing. I have to figure out how to help her "get" how to chew!

We just got out of HELL... a week of just torture, I think it must have been a virus or teething.... she had 53 poopy diapers from Monday through Sunday. So much diarrhea. The diaper rash caused her to just scream and scream- it blistered even. It was just the worst. I don't know how we survived the week. Glad she seems to be doing better now. There is just nothing worse than a sick baby, am I right?

6. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@daniellemybelle: Haaaayyyy.

H is growing a ton! She's sitting up like a champ, loves her purees (only from the pouch though...she really likes Plum Organics and Earth's Best), loves to stand, and this weekend, she finally started napping for more than 30 minutes. Sweet, sweet relief. We're still nursing on demand, though my supply has taken a bit of a hit since we started the purees. She is the proud owner of TWO teeth, and I think she's working on another one. She bit my nip this morning, and I screamed, which made her cry and it took an hour before she would settle down to nurse. So, if she's biting, she's not ready to eat. She wants to crawl so bad, but isn't able yet. She is also trying to pull up on her crib when I sit her in it.

@kjpugs: Oh, poor E. I feel so bad for her and for you guys. I hope she's on the up and up. Nothing is worse than a sick baby.

7. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

Hey October mamas! Through a few posts today, I have realized that we are in wonder week 37! (Can start around week 34, or even as early as 32). Yikes! DD has been taking crappy morning naps and waking more at night. She's been moody and clingy at times, which is unusual for her. This ww can last 3-6 weeks ugh. Anyone else going through this?

Also what sleep schedule are you all using? We were doing 2-3-4 (first nap two hours after wakeup, second three hours after that wakeup and bedtime four hours after last wakeup), but I'm thinking about trying 3-3-3 instead. She's been fighting the morning nap so hard lately.

8. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

Howdyyyy.

LO just turned 7 months six days ago. He is crawling super fast and can be STEALTH. Seriously, he crawls out of the room and I don't even realize it until I find him off in a corner gnawing on a shoe somewhere. Oy. And he even pulled himself up on his brother's bed tonight.

He's got his two bottom front teeth and really HATES purees, so I am trying a little BLW here and there. I am going to try pouches soon, too. Today he had some assorted berries, naan, mandarin oranges and mum-mums (his fave). Still nursing like crazy, too.

@Zbug: We've been trying 2-3-4 but I'm playing a little bit with the intervals. The past week or so I've tried to stretch to 4 before bed but I think he's been getting OT. I think 2.5-3-3.5 is more our speed right now.

9. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: Oh man, that makes me think maybe I shouldn't be pushing LO to crawl so much! S is meh on purees too. She likes pouches but what she loves the best is anything in her mesh feeder. I'm convinced she'd eat a whole cantaloupe bit by bit through that danged meshy.

@Zbug: I hate the whole concept of WWs! They are not "weeks" and they come whenever! It seems like it's just "wonder life" haha! We are doing a loose 2-3-4 but most days it is more like 2.5-2.75-3.5. Ironically we are less schedule oriented than we were when she was younger. It's partly me being more comfortable as a mom & better able to read her cues, and partly her being a very strong willed girl that will not go down for a nap, or eat, or do anything really unless its her idea!

@avivoca: Youch, your poor boob! YAY better naps, Miss H! I think I still have PTSD from when S was a bad napper & I am always terrified she will regress. Is H crawling yet?

@kjpugs: We've talked about this but S has diarrhea now too She had it when she 3 months old & it was pretty uneventful but this time it's hitting her hard. Poor baby. I am being very proactive about diaper rash after watching what you guys went through so I think we'll at least avoid that!

I think S might be the only toothless kiddo left here! I try really hard not to let it bother me but it seems like she is always "bringing up the rear" in terms of milestones...

10. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@daniellemybelle: Awwww, she's not the caboose! H has not crawled yet. We are really mastering sitting, and when I put her on her stomach, she usually rolls over. She did scootch backwards yesterday, but it may have been an accident.

@Zbug: Damn wonder weeks! My husband is OOT right now too, so the clingy/bad sleep/diva attitude is all on me. She had a meltdown this morning because I wouldn't let her hold the spoon. So I gave her a peach and then she freaked out when she blew snot out of her nose. Sigh.

11. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Zbug: @Mrs. Yoyo: LO naps without fail an hour after she wakes up!!! It's crazy. I'm not messing with it though!

@avivoca: oh man I don't know how I would handle teeth + BF. Hope that experience does not repeat!

@daniellemybelle: thinking of you today!!! And she is NOT the caboose! All babies hit different milestones just some are more fun/obvious than others. E excels at some things and struggles with (or doesn't care about) others. There's just no hiding crawling, haha!

I can't believe it, but I jsut sent out an email about E's first birthday!!! Since we live many states away from all of our family we thought we'd let them know what weekend we were celebrating and invite them to come and use DH's discount for lodging and get an idea about who will be attending. I think we'll probably do a Disney day and maybe a small get together at our place with cake. Maybe Disney themed because how easy is that? So far my mom said yes, her boyfriend is a maybe because of his work, and my FIL and step MIL said "likely." I don't think many more people will come, hoping my sister and her husband will!

12. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@kjpugs: I just got done crying because I was looking at invites for her bday.

I will reply to all later tonight.

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@kjpugs: I can't believe we are starting to think about first birthdays!!! All I know is that there will be rainbow streamers at Hyla's birthday because I have a crap ton of rainbow crepe paper from another birthday installation I did for DH.

14. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@daniellemybelle: mine is also toothless!! Although I do think I see two coming in on the bottom...she refuses to let me get a good look!

15. Zbug

persimmon / 1355 posts

@avivoca: right?!? She will be fine playing alone on the mat while I make dinner or whatever but then an hour later she freaks out when I put her down for a second!

Also, I just posted about this but she's decided she doesn't need sleep apparently. She just wants to stay up and party. She's In a good mood, so I guess it could be worse. It's hard to know when to just give up and try again later. She needs sleep, but I also hate wasting huge chunks of the day trying to convince her to sleep. It's boring for both of us!

Are you all still doing purees? DD is still toothless and also gags when I try to thicken her purees. I guess we are continuing on this path for awhile longer.

16. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Zbug: We are doing a mix. She gets purees at daycare, and on weekends I feed them to her for lunch or dinner. I need to start doing breakfast as well, so I'm going to have to step up my fruit game. I gave her a peach last weekend and she chowed down on it. She also likes toast.

I'm thinking about trying pancakes this weekend, and I would also like to introduce egg and yogurt while my husband is in town. Neither of us have food allergies, but I don't want to be the only one home if she has a reaction to something.

Since I'm bored at work today, I've been playing around with birthday invitations. I can't believe we are nearly 2/3 of the way to one!

17. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

Hi Friends, Hope everyone and their little ones are doing well. I love reading about what you guys are up to. Keep em coming!
    Georgi still has no teeth. I don't know where they are! She sure has been fussy enough so that it seems they are on the way.
    And, any other mamas out there hate that damn helmet? Ugh. I miss my baby's soft head. In other news, yesterday she began to scoot across the floor, heading straight for what else - the doggie bowl.
    @avivoca -- I'm SOOOO not ready for the big first birthday. In fact, I'm dreading it! Our babies will be all grown up! Here's my precious helmet head at 8 months.

18. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@avivoca: I'm off for summer vacation and I'm planning the party while I'm off we are doing monkeys.

19. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@MrsMed: we have three weeks left with our helmet and his head is almost perfect. We had a fitting yesterday and his head has evened off from a difference of 17mm to 3mm. It'll go by fast!

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsMed: @ladybee: OMG guys, your little ones are dollbabies! So adorable.

I think we're doing rainbows. Mainly because I have a lot of rainbow crepe paper that can use to do an ceiling installation (I did it years ago for my husband's birthday).

21. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Hello there! I was so excited when i saw the thread pop up on the front page. Work has been insane the last few weeks and we're heading to the beach in 2 weeks.

Fiona has 2 bottom front teeth, and has finally figured out crawling.

Sleep has been meh.... she wakes up 2-3 times a night and I find her either sitting up or trying to stand using the crib rails. the only way i can settle her back down is to pick her up and rock her back to sleep.

She definitely eating more solids we're pretty much at 3 meals a day - Cereal for breakfast, fruits and veggies or yogurt for lunch, then adventure foods for dinner. Watching her eat cous cous is hilarious.

She currently has an earache and is on antibiotics, I am so afraid she's going to get a yeast infection or thrush i've been making her eat yogurt at least once a day.

I keep thinking back, like "this time last year....." Hard to believe how pregnant I was and i was only just at the end of the 2nd tri

As for 1st birthdays I think we might do something at our house and make it berry themed. http://www.pinterest.com/smcdeni/fionas-1st-birthday/

We took her swimming in my parents pool for the first time. I cant say she loved it but she didnt hate it. She got really freaked out when hubs dove in off the diving board.

hard to believe in 2 weeks she'll be 9 months old. I cant wait to go to her 9mo appointment and see her stats

22. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

@ladybee: OH MY GOSH, love that helmet! How cute is he wearing it? But congratulations on being almost done! Woo hoo. How long was he in it?

@Chillybear: Fiona is the cutest. I adore that swimsuit shot.

You guys are inspiring me to get on top of this first birthday planning. However, I didn't plan my own wedding, (husband did it) so I can't see this first birthday planning happening without some major help. I have no ideas. Better get on Pinterest. Stat. The only thing I know is that I'd rather it be at a restaurant, but that's pretty OTT isn't? I'd rather just have them handle food and cleanup. Pretty lazy of me!

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsMed: We're thinking of having ours at a local park with a playground. If it's going to be small, I don't mind having it at my house, but a lot of my friends have kids and we live in 1100 sq. ft., so it would be an absolute zoo.

@Chillybear: We're working on our top teeth right now and she has been an absolute bear. She doesn't want to sleep in her crib but also doesn't want to sleep with me. It's insane and I'm tired.

24. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Chillybear: OMG she is so cute! I can't wait to take M to a pool.

@MrsMed: he will have been in it a total of 4 months but I didn't follow the rules. I think he would be done already if I would have made him wear it the 23 hours. Only the last 3 weeks have I done as I was told.

25. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@avivoca: jealous! We are in Ohio so outside will be hit or miss. Our house is the same size as yours so I'm not sure what we will do. A restaurant is out of the question except of catering. DHs family is huge. We just finished bottom teeth and have been sleeping 11 hours which is amazing. I've heard top are horrible.

26. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

@avivoca: Oh! A park sounds lovely!
    @ladybee: How did you break the rules? Cuz I'd like to break the rules too. Sometimes, I just take it off because I can't stand it anymore. But my husband is cracking down. I try to remember, the more we wear it, the sooner it goes. Damn helmet!
    Good luck with teething, and eating and crawling everyone! I've got to get on that babyproofing stuff.

27. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@MrsMed: We were told to have him wear it 23 hours a day. The first two months he only wore it 12. Then once I got caught I bumped him up to 18 and then at our last fitting decided to FINALLY give 23 a try since he will outgrow his helmet in a month. Do the 23. The results we've seen in the last month were the same as the last three combined!

28. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

We just made our Father's Day gifts! We did the fingerprint key FOB posted in the blog. We couldn't get the heart right so it's just a single thumb print. Oh and mommy isn't crafty so there isn't a year on it either

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ladybee: How adorable! I've got a bit of time to work on something since DH isn't in town for Father's Day (BOO). But we're going to get his cards at the store tomorrow and we are probably putting together a bike gift basket for him.

30. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

we switched over to our convertible car seat today. Where does the time go?

31. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@ladybee: woah! I need to get one, she is really protesting when we are in the car.

32. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@ladybee: So funny - we did today too! DH installed it without telling me first & I was REALLY sad! But she is SO much happier in it, it's amazing.

Our birthday party is going to be Apple Of My Eye themed, since it's fall obviously. I get sad thinking about it though! WAH, our babies are so big!

LO is starting to pull up though not making it all the way without help. She wants to crawl but still just scooting. No teeth still!

We just got over a long illness & LO is a spoiled brat now. Anyone else's LOs being a pill lately? She is throwing tantrums!

Since she was sick, we were doing the BRAT diet (ironically haha) so we have not tried a lot of new foods. We are still doing pretty unadventurous purees, sometimes with cereal, twice a day. I think about doing them 3x a day but she still doesn't finish a 4oz serving at most meals so I don't think she wants/needs it.

Question for all of you: What surprises you most about parenthood right now? I would have NEVER guessed that I would still be getting up sometimes 2 or 3 times a night. I was so pro sleep training before LO was born & I am shocked that I have a 8 month old that doesn't STTN!

33. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

We have a crawler! I'll update and reply to everyone tomorrow. Miss you guys! Can't believe our babies are so big now!

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@daniellemybelle: same here with the scooting and pulling up!

After seven hours in the car yesterday, it is clear that it's time to change out car seats. I'm not ready. I need to buy one. WAHHHHHH!

35. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

M is army crawling and trying sooo hard to crawl but not there yet. One funny thing is that he loves the Chica Show on Sprout. I love seeing his likes and personality.

@daniellemybelle: We are in the middle of sleep training for naps and MOTN feeding. I am seeing a side of M I never knew existed! He will kick his feet and yell/cry. He gets so mad. So far its working, I think? I am surprised at how much I love being with him so far over summer break. I knew I'd like it but I don't know how I'll go back to work in the fall.

36. Mrs. Yoyo

Just checking in with everyone. How are all the wee ones?

LO is still crawling like crazy and pulling up on EVERYTHING. And thankfully he has (mostly) learned to plop himself down, because for a couple weeks there he just pulled up and then whined when he was tired of standing there, LOL. He claps every once in a while, though not on command, and is starting to wave (although it is this funny, slow, beauty queen-type wave, ha.)

As for food, he's nursing well and I'm trying to do solids three times a day. He still hates being spoon-fed but will suck down a pouch in a minute flat, seriously. Unless it's veggies. In which case he'll let it fall off his tongue with the biggest WTF look ever. Sigh. Also trying to do small bits of finger foods here and there. I'm way more casual about what I give him than I was with DS1, ha.

Sleep is our biggest struggle. Aside from the occasional catnap, he is napping well (1.5-2.5 hours at a time) on a 2.5-3-4 schedule. But nights have been really inconsistent. Last night he was only up once. The majority of nights, twice. But sometimes we'll have horrendous 3-4+ nights. Those kill me, especially since sometimes DS1 wakes up, too.

Here's the kiddo ...

37. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: Hi! I miss y'all. Your LO is SO cute. Gah!

How'd you decide to go to three meals a day? We have lunch some days more just for fun but she is still not a huge eater so I don't feel like she needs it. She still loves nursing but will only nurse for about 5 minutes now, and she has never been a big bottle drinker (3-4 oz at a time), but she's a chunk so I guess I shouldn't worry! We did find out she's allergic to eggs - she got a nasty rash which was no fun!

We are doing a 2.5-3-3.5 nap schedule & she is still taking monster naps most days which I love so much. I never want to go down to 1 nap haha!

As for nighttime, we are doing full-on CIO for all wake-ups. I am tired of trying to "gently" sleep train - I feel like we've been doing it off & on for months! It's been going really well though she has only STTN once in the 6 days we've been at it. But the crying is briefer than when we were doing checks and she is down to one wake-up that is getting progressively later. I don't think extinction is always the answer but at this point I think it's best for us.

She's pulling up like a pro & even cruising some which is bonkers to see. Just started crawling for real tonight!!! She's been inch worming hardcore for a while now.

She's clapping & waving as well, though clapping means "pick me up," and she's inconsistent about actually waving on command. She LOVES the song, "When You're Happy & You Know It." Every time I turn it on in the car she goes nuts! It's so fun to see.

She's also saying "dada" "mama" "gah" and "bah," in addition to "hah" & "heh" which are her favorite "words." She is very chatty & loves to have conversations!

In personal news, we are buying a house!!!

38. Mrs. Yoyo

@daniellemybelle: We're doing 3 simply because he happily eats it all, and I definitely don't want him waking up at night because he's hungry But I don't think 3 solids meals are a necessity at this age at all.

And congrats on the house!

39. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

Just wanted to say YAY that @MapleMoose: is having another LO!!!

Is she the first among us to be knocked up again, or are any of you keeping secrets??

40. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

In other news - how are y'all doing meals? In the past few days, LO has starting eating a HUGE lunch of solids/finger foods. She is still having 6 nursing sessions/bottles per day in addition to 3 meals of solids. It feels like a lot & she never drinks more than 4 oz at a time, so I am wondering if we should try to consolidate feedings? I was thinking of just doing milk feedings (nursing and/or a bottle since we supplement) at wake-up, bedtime & before naps, and then giving her a sippy cup with formula at lunch & dinner.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee