Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2013 Mamas

1. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

@ladybee: And did you miss kissing his precious little head. I think that's what scares me. 60 minutes of head kissing and that's all?!?!?!

2. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

Drive-by update and photo bomb! We're also still going back and forth between 3 and 2 naps, and anywhere from 0 to 2 night wakings. LO is kind of meh about purées. Maybe I'll try a little BLW. He's army crawling and rolling and pushing himself everywhere he wants to be. That's usually in an attempt to eat his brother's toy cars.

3. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@MrsMed: honestly, the heat is why we did it WAY earlier then the plastic surgeon we saw recommended. Plus Matt had torticollis and his flat spot was horrible (measured a 17, normal is under 3). Matt gets really hot and has eczema so I wanted it off before summer and we were told he'd wear approx. 4 months. He doesn't mind it at all. Now, he has to have his helmet on to sleep or he can't get comfy. I didn't follow the guidelines exactly. It was too hard, his skin kept getting irritated. He wears in from 7pm-7am and then 9am-5pm. I give him breaks and I kiss his head like crazy when I can.

4. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: Look at that happy face! total cuteness. Thanks for sharing.
    @Ladybee: so happy Matt is on the homestretch. Now I'm super nervous about these hot months. Had I known... The ped told us at 4 months to go to physical therapy and wait til 6months to decide. Now I wish we'd knocked it out. I swear if we have a rash that thing is coming off. Thanks for all the insight.

5. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@MrsMed: Cleveland Clinic recommend waiting till 6 months to get it. Our PT recommended a out of clinic guy who recommended right away. It's hit or miss. Our insurance covered it once he had 8 therapy sessions which he started at 1 month. Our PT said that with girls it isn't as huge of a concern since they typically have long hair.

6. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: he looks like such a little boy! So cute!

7. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

Y'all we got m2 baptized this past Sunday. Here she is with the Deacon that married us.

8. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@singingbee: beautiful!

9. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@singingbee: Adorable!

10. MrsMed

apricot / 377 posts

@singingbee - Awww,she looks so pretty! That hair bow is so cute!

11. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@singingbee: Gorgeous! Where is her dress from?

@Mrs. Yoyo: Ahh, so big! And too cute!

12. Sadieloo

kiwi / 726 posts

@singingbee: @Mrs. Yoyo: precious!

Is anyone's milk supply dropping? Mine seems to. E decreasing daily despite me BFing and pumping just as much. Super frustrating!

13. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@singingbee: AWWW! So beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations. We really want to, but we have yet to find a church in FL. I miss our IN church and I'm sad we can't have her baptised there too. DH just got a new schedule where he's off most Saturdays so going to church Sunday won't usually be after a work-til-1-am evening (I tend to try to let him sleep in on the weekends after he works.) I really want to make it a priority, thanks for the boost!

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Andddd we're mobile!

On Wednesday last week E crawled officially for the first time. She had been sitting up wobbily-style but Wednesday she crawled. Within 24 hours she was a crawling PRO, moving from sitting to laying down to crawling and back, no problem sitting, and PULLING UP TO STAND. She's not the best at pulling up yet and still sometimes loses control and falls when sitting with legs bent (like sitting on her own legs vs legs out) but man... this time last week she was NOT mobile. It has been awesome and crazy challenging and everything in between! To sum it up... HOLY CRAP.

15. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

On a mom-note... anyone else struggling with bladder control? I've had some lingering (I think allergy-related) coughing for over a week now and I have to wear a pad because if I cough too hard I pee. Even if I think my bladder is empty. A strong sneeze does the same. This is KILLING. ME.

16. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@ladybee: @MrsMed: I'm sure you guys have lots of positive stories and people to talk to already, but my cousin had a helmet and my aunt is SO glad, actually wishes she did it earlier. One of her twin boys needed one. They ended up waiting til he was almost a year (because I remember he had it for their 1st birthday) and I know she said he did end up doing some things later in regards to mobility and she thinks it' sbecause of that and that's why she wished she did it earlier (like when you guys are doing). Then again she was comparing them to each other which who knows if they'd be on the exact same schedule! They're both 100% normal and on track 3 year olds now and you'd never know. Just have some adorable pictures. We put a wide load sticker on it once hahahaha. If you have any questions you want me to ask her I'm very close with my aunt (she's almost my age haha) so I'm happy to ask. Sounds like you guys did/are doing 100% the right thing (not that you are questioning it!) and while I'm sure it's not the most fun thing in the world, it'll be over soon!!!!! Hugs and support!!!

17. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: oh my gosh. That happy little face. I could eat him up! I love it when you get smiles like that. Also- we have the same high chair and are LOVING it!!! One of my best-loved items now. You'll have to share some pics of both the boys- we aren't considering trying for #2 yet but I do find myself wondering what their interactions would be like! Is it a LOT harder than having just one?

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@kjpugs: I'm not dealing with bladder control per say, but I do find that I must go to the restroom more frequently. I definitely can't hold it like I used to, which is going to be a problem with the half-marathons I'm planning to run in the fall. I can't believe E is crawling! Hyla wants to, and every time she goes from sitting to hands/knees she falls down and starts wailing. It's only a matter of time, I know.

We have TWO teeth now!!! And now that we have teeth, everyone is asking me if she's bitten my nipples yet. I don't understand why the state of my nips is anyone else's business. My mom is convinced that I will wean, but I have no plans to wean until a year (fingers crossed we make it that long).

19. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@avivoca: I totally HATE "just wait" comments but have to say JUST WAIT... she's going to explode! Seriously I couldn't believe the mobility explosion. It was a month or two of wanting it and then BAM... excelling. It's amazing to me how they pick things up. It's exciting and scary! And I can't believe people ask about the SOTN (state of the nips) it's like "oh do you want to SEE too?" Crazy!!!

20. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

Hello ladies!
    I've been wanting to check in and say Hi! I'm so glad everyone is doing well and the babies are growing so fast its hard to keep up.

@avivoca: You are braver than i traveling to fl with the wee one but it looks like you're having a great time on the beach.
    @singingbee: Congrats on the baptism! She looks beautiful and it must have been so special to have the deacon do the ceremony
    @kjpugs: She looks so happy to be on the move!

As for us, Fiona has been changing by leaps and bounds. Easter weekend we did some light weight sleep training (i'm a wuss when it comes to her crying) but we ditched the swaddle and the crib nest and started putting her down awake-ish. We're still at 1-2 wake ups per night though. We're trying hard to do naps better. This weekend was great but i know during the week its a struggle between my MIL watching her on monday and the craziness of her daycare room.

She cut her two bottom front teeth. She loves Veggies, dislikes most fruits, tried yogurt and is obsessed with puffs and mum-mums.

We took our first trip to the beach house, did a birthday party and 1st trip to the zoo. Fi is finally rolling back to belly, sits up by her self and rarely falls over, We're not crawling and i think we might skip it and go right to walking. All she wants to do is stand and she attempts to pull up herself.

I'm so glad that spring has finally sprung in our area. It so great to be able to come home and go for walks or just sit outside.

21. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

What is everyone planning for their first official mother's day?

22. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Chillybear: awwwww! Look at that cutie pie!!! She looks so fiesty and determined and cute! let us know how the light sleep training goes. I've been trying to let her fuss it out (not cry it out... I go to her if she's crying but leave her if she's fussing, since she usually just puts herself back to sleep) but still get usually 1 wakeup, she STTN twice but she'd done 1/none and gone back to 2 before, so I'm not ruling anything out.

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Chillybear: I don't know what we are doing for Mother's Day. Probably going to church and doing stuff around the house. My mom wants to get together to celebrate it, but I want it to just be our little family. Fi is so cute! I love her little hat. We have that pattern in the swim diaper and it's adorable.

24. Mrs. Yoyo

@kjpugs: Well, I'd love to be one of those moms who says, "No! It's soooo easy having two!" But I'm not It's just hard to juggle, and I feel like I spend most of my day in nap jail. Take today, for instance. The baby woke up around 6:30 and went down for his morning nap around 8:45. Slept an hour. Went down for his second nap around 12:30. Only slept 45 minutes. As he was waking up, I was putting his big brother down for his nap. And once big brother wakes up, baby will be going down for his third and final nap. After *that,* hopefully we can go enjoy an hour at the park or something and get out of the darn house! (When DH is here I am much more liberal about leaving and figure the baby can catnap while we're out if he needs to, but when I'm alone I do try to make sure he takes at least his morning nap in the crib.)

Now that the baby is getting bigger, they're starting to interact more, which is fun. He craaaaacks up at his big bro's antics, and big bro loves to entertain. But the flipside is that now the baby is getting grabby, and he wants allllll of brother's toys. And big bro is NOT happy about that. And will frequently try to swipe anything the baby gets his hands on, even if he had zero prior interest in it.

Overall, though, it is WAAAAAY easier having a *baby* the second time around because you just don't worry/obsess over things. The downside is just the lack of one-on-one bonding and the absolute lack of free time for me anymore (when I do get an hour or two at bedtime, it's hard to make it count for much because I am ZONKED by that point.) I just started having a sitter come a couple mornings a week so I can get a few hours for myself, to do work/errands/exercise, whatever.

This pic is a bit old, but here's some brotherly love

25. Mrs. Yoyo

Bumping to see how everyone is doing with solids? We're only at 6.5 months, so he just started not long ago, but he's really just not enthused. He tries to wrestle the spoon away from me from the get-go, so I'm lucky if I can get a handful of bites in. His bro was into solids pretty much immediately, so this is interesting.

He did great trying to feed himself a mum-mum. I've tried letting him self-feed a banana, which he kind of did ok with but it got so disgusting and of course most misses the mouth.

I know I could try more with BLW but I am soooo not a fan of the mess and the work of trying to find something appropriate. Purees are easier, dammit.

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: E is REALLY into solids (well, purees) and gets 2 servings a day of the little 4 oz stage 2 jars. We tried puffs recently- I just dont feel comfortable with BLW because I'm alone with her a lot and have high anxiety and worry about her choking and it being just the two of us. Puffs was the first non-puree. She didn't really "get" them, she played with them and got a few in her mouth but it wasn't necessarily a success. Same with yogurt melts. I put some in a mesh feeder though and she LOVED sucking and gnawing at it. I tried to get mum mums at walmart but didn't see any so I will be checking anohther store later this week. Hoping to put some banana or roasted sweet potato in the mesh feeder too, maybe frozen fruit.

27. Mrs. Yoyo

@kjpugs: Ah, thanks for the reminder about those feeders! Totally forgot they existed.

Target has Mum-Mums. Likely BRU, too.

28. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@kjpugs: Look at that girl! On the move!

@kjpugs: @avivoca: RE: crawling... Is moving from sitting to all fours the natural progression? LO is definitely not doing that but she will get up on hands & knees if I put her on her tummy.

@Chillybear: So cute!!! No real Mother's Day plans. Really hoping DH comes through

@Mrs. Yoyo: Your boys are so adorable! LO is still kind of meh on solids. Every once & a while she will go to town on one particular food & then we will try it again the next day & she acts like she doesn't like it. We do mostly homemade but if she eats a jar she only eats about half before getting cranky. She does like to play with food BLW-style but has horrible aim trying to get it to her mouth & then cries The mesh feeder has been good because she can hold onto it, but I hate cleaning that damn thing!

So far, we've only done fruit, veggies & oatmeal. I was thinking of trying yogurt soon. I feel like it's still too soon for puffs/melts/etc. because her pincer grasp is not there yet? And I am not crazy about Mum Mums because they have sugar in them Just seems unnecessary at this age - I wish they would make some without!

29. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@daniellemybelle: That was the progression for us! When she's on her belly she would push up like that, first just upper body, then all 4s, then all 4s and would wiggle back and forth (front to back) like she was WANTING to propel forward. Also reaching forward while on all 4s. Then finally, when Sophie the pug was within reach, she crawled, haha. Man did it happen quickly when it finally happened. She was doing the all 4s thing for a while! Can't wait to see what Sadie decides to do next

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@daniellemybelle: IDK. She still isn't fond of tummy time. We're working on it though.

@kjpugs: Mum mums will be the death of me. They get so gross. Hyla hasn't mastered the mesh feeder. She thinks it is a toy.

31. Mrs. Yoyo

@daniellemybelle: @avivoca: @kjpugs: I just got an interesting self-feeder on Amazon. Looks much easier to clean than the mesh ones. I'll let you know if I like it!

http://www.amazon.com/Award-Winning-Kidsme-Feeder-Large/dp/B005KWLEVW

32. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: @avivoca: @daniellemybelle: I also had an instagram friend recommend this- she said she got it for a few bucks at Target, and Amazon also has 2 packs cheaper. http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Silicone-Baby-Food-Feeder/dp/B00HNZ5D5W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399476114&sr=8-2&keywords=munchkin+silicone+feeder

33. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Does anyone want to do a book exchange? It was given to me at work. I would send you a letter and you would send ONE book to the child listed. Then you'd fill out six letters and mail then out. In the end your child ends up getting THIRTY-SIX books. If you want to participated you can wall me your address and I'll mail you the letter

34. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

No one? I swear I'm not a crazy killer. You can share personal information.

35. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@ladybee: Honestly, I'm afraid I would not be able to follow through! I sound like a lazy bum, I'm sure, but I have yet to return clothes I bought online that don't fit... I'm not sure I would get a book & six letters in the mail! It's a great idea though!

36. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: we love that!!!! Lo loves to eat frozen pear cubes in it.

37. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

LO said "dada" today! Totally not directed to or about Daddy so it's not a real word, but it's still so fun to listen to her "talk" to her toys & say it over & over!

38. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@daniellemybelle: Oh, how sweet!

@ladybee: The book exchange sounds like a fun idea!

39. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

How much is everyone's LO eating and when? LO was doing three 6 oz bottles, around 7/8, 12/1, and bedtime (because she was going down early) then 1-2 bottles if/when she woke up at night. Figured out that if we did 8/12 as six oz and then a smaller one around 4, she wouldn't go into cranky meltdown mode and we could move bedtime to 6. AND she's STTN multiple times that way. She seems to want bigger bottles though but I don't know how to space it. She just flipped out all bedtime I had to give her a second 4 oz bottle! Maybe should I just increase bedtime bottle? I feel like when she wakes up at night she's eating too many oz as it is. Plus she eats 4-8 oz of purees a day. I'm at a loss

40. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@kjpugs: We are not on a schedule here. It's a rotating door of sitters since family is doing what they can till I'm on summer vacation. When I'm home I try to do 4 puree and 4-5oz bottle at 7, 3oz at 10, 4oz puree and 4-5oz bottle around 12/1, 3oz at 3, 4oz puree and 3oz bottle at 5, bedtime bottle at 7 which is between 6-7 oz. Our pediatrician recommends that he gets at least 24oz of formula a day but no more than 32 so I try to balance it. When I'm home full time and keep him to this schedule we get a few nights of STTN. With the sitters he is rarely getting larger than 3oz bottles and still has a middle of the night feed where he gets 6oz.

I hope that helps! Our pediatric GI recommended M get 4oz of puree 3 times a day. We are supposed to start table food now too but I'm afraid with the sitters so I'll be waiting till summer break.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee