Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@renee0106: congratulations! I love his name.

I am one day over now. It's going to be a long wait I feel. Canadian thanksgiving this weekend so my next appointment is Tuesday and I have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday 16th. Our wedding anniversary is the 18th. Eep! Could end up with an anniversary baby...but it would be really nice if the baby showed up in the next few days.

2. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@renee0106: Congratulations!

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: no fun having to wait. Fingers crossed they get you in today!

@renee0106: congrats! Glad everything went smooth. Can't wait to see his little mug!

@Mrs. Goose: feel you on the wedding anniversary! Hopefully yours comes well before. Ours is this Sunday, we really don't want to share as this is our first but doc jokingly said she thinks she'll pick that day to be early

4. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@renee0106: congratulations!! I'm glad to hear your induction went smoothly.

I'm still waiting on the call. DH actually called the hospital this morning before deciding whether he should go to work. They told him I was #3 on the list and they were currently taking 2 new moms to recovery and cleaning the rooms. I think I will get called at some point today.

5. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@renee0106: congrats mama!!!

@Mrs. Pickle: so exciting! Hope you get the call soon!!

6. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Well two days later and the sweep still did nothing. Sitting here. Waiting. Waiting.......

7. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babycanuck: aw sorry

8. Mrs. Pickle

I finally got the call to head to the hospital. Now I'm nervous!

9. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: good luck!! fingers crossed for a smooth induction!

10. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: yay! It's going to be great.

11. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Fingers crossed all goes well for you. Wishing you well!

12. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

Had our 38+6 appt today and all is looking well. Doctor won't give any better estimate than sometime in the next 10 days or so, but who really knows. I managed a long walk (over an hour!) with a friend and her baby today, so definitely still able to be active. Doctor offered me a sweep today, but said that seeing as I'm not super uncomfortable it's not really necessary at this point. Other than just wanting to meet this baby I'm still content to wait it out. We'll see if I still feel that way a week from now though lol.

Definitely thought the show might start last night but no luck. Nothing actually happened to make me think that, just had a weird feeling and was really tossing and turning all night long.

13. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: So exciting and I can see how you are nervous. Just think... You'll be meeting your one true wish soon! Hoping you have a smooth induction.

14. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@renee0106: congrats mama!!

15. BSB

@renee0106: congrats!!! Oct 7th is a great birthday to have... It's my birthday, too!

16. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

Hope everyone is doing well today. Long weekend up here in Canada - looking forward to seeing how many Thanksgiving babies make an appearance.

17. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: congratulations on the arrival of Rosalie!

@HyattsMom: Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadian mamas! I hope I can have mine soon, though he or she seems pretty content in there.

18. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Me too, this turkey just won't budge! Happy Thanksgiving!

19. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

We welcomed baby girl yesterday morning (Friday) at 230am! I actually had a repeat C section scheduled for 10am. About 10pm Thursday night I was reading in bed and had two painful contractions, very different from the painful contractions I'd had throughout the week. I got up to pee and fluid kept dripping out - I realized my water had just broken! So I rounded up my hubby and called my mom, she lives about 30 minutes away and came over to stay with my boys. They were already in bed. DH and I headed in to the hospital and arrived right around midnight. I had a few more contractions, when they put me on the monitor they were 3 min apart although it didn't feel that frequent to me. They checked my cervix and I was only 1 cm - thought I would make it through all 3 pregnancies and never have to get checked After a lot of debating among the team they decided to go ahead with the C section. She weighed 8# 13oz, the exact same as her oldest brother! I'm recovering and getting back into the swing of nursing a newborn. I've been keeping up here but minimal time/hands free to type now Congrats to all, looking forward to more October baby news!

20. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@shellio: congrats mama!!

21. BSB

@shellio: congrats!!

22. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@shellio: congrats!!

Hanging out at 39w2d here, which is when I went into labor with LO1...womp womp. Was 3, almost 4cm dilated at my appt yesterday, but not effaced at all. And had no cramping or spotting after my membrane sweep. I'm going to go back on Tuesday for another sweep, so we'll see if that does anything, and if not, I have my 40w1d appt next Friday! I totally thought there was no way I was making it to 40 weeks, but I guess this little one has a mind of her own!

23. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@shellio: Congratulations!

I was hoping to go before my due date this time but that looks pretty unlikely since that's tomorrow! I'm trying to remember that she'll come when she wants to but I'm definitely already getting asked a lot by other people if anything is happening (and similar questions). I know the intentions are good but it's discouraging to always say no!

24. Mrs. Pickle

@shellio: congratulations!!

25. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@BelugaBean: I have been getting asked daily for a week now. I don't know how people preserve their sanity once they go overdue. This is only my third day over and my emotions and moods have been much more crazy than they were my entire pregnancy.

@shellio: congratulations!

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@shellio: congratualtions!

Had my 37 week appt yesterday. Nothing new going on, was really hoping something was since I've been having crazy sharp pains down low. My body does seem to have something going today tho. Really hoping to not go tomorrow as its our wedding anniversary but we'll see...

27. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@shellio: congrats!!!

@babycanuck: hope something happens for you soon!!

@HyattsMom: happy thanksgiving!!

@hilsy85: hope your next sweep does something! I bet it'll happen soon at almost 4cm!

@BelugaBean: aww I know that must be frustrating- I hope something happens quickly for you!

28. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

So I"ve been having what I think are maybe braxton hicks? contractions for the last almost 2 hours...they're happening about every 2.5-3.5 minutes but only lasting 30 seconds, and not necessarily getting more painful over the last hour. Probably nothing right?

29. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@hilsy85: just stalking you but wanted to chime in that I was barely effaced and head wasn't at all engaged when I got to the hospital. My doc told me that with second babies, they tend to shoot down at the last minute and he was right in my case. She was a -3 station an hour before she was born!

30. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Tidybee: ha yikes!! I think these are actually slowing down and not getting more painful so I'm
    Pretty sure just a false alarm! But that makes me nervous about making it to the hospital in time!

31. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@hilsy85: ha I don't say it to make you nervous...just know that lack of progression at appointments doesn't mean much! Also - I've been meaning to tell you that my varicose veins disappeared like THE instant she was born!

32. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@shellio: Congratulations! Happy you ended up getting to go (mostly) according to plan.

33. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@hilsy85 @BELUGABEAN - hope it picks up. Until then - bring on the spicy food, long walks, stair climbing and pineapple

34. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: how are you? Are you still in the hospital?

35. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: I'm good! Recovery has been easier than I expected. I'm at the hospital until tomorrow. DD is getting an urine analysis and ultrasound on her kidneys tonight because she went 24 hours without peeing. She's nursing a ton and pooping lots too so the doctor doesn't think she'll find anything wrong. I'm hoping that's the case. We won't be going home until we get those results so I think we'll be waiting around quite a while tomorrow. I'm trying not to stress, but it's hard! She's such a sweet and content thing. She hardly ever fusses. DH and I are definitely smitten.

36. BSB

@Mrs. Pickle: Aww, that's good! I'm so happy for you guys! Hope the urinalysis and ultrasound comes back ok. Isn't it so surreal that you have that little miracle in your arms? It's been over a month and I still have those thoughts when I hold my little ones.

37. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Goose: @BelugaBean: I can sympathize. At 10 days overdue the most annoying thing was EVERYONE asking, and I never had a good update. At least I was working from home so I didn't have to see coworkers and field questions, but got lots of emails. Or if I sent an email to someone, they were like, you're still working?! Blah blah, so frustrating! Your babies will be here before you know it!!!!

38. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Congrats on the safe delivery. I'm sure all will be ok and you'll be home with your little love soon.

39. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

I am going to rant.

I've been over this pregnancy for a while now but holy crap, kid, get out. I'm grateful for being able to get pregnant, but I'm DONE.

Sorry ladies. I'm mega grumpy

40. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Tidybee: that is amazing to hear!!

@babycanuck: yep. I hear ya!! I tried spicy Thai food last night--nothing! can you go in for another sweep before your next appointment?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee