Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@hilsy85: Congratulations!

2. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

I'm having a rough time today. I'm four days over now, which is when I had LO1. I thought for sure that this one would come earlier since I wasn't early the first time. I've already cried a couple of times today because I'm so paranoid that she's not going to come anytime soon. I'm going to get a pedicure with a friend tonight to try to relax so hopefully that helps. I'm not comfortable at all physically but I feel like the mental and emotional toll is what's getting me the past couple of days.

3. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@hilsy85: i had a feeling you'd go today!!! I of course love the name!! Congrats!

4. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@BelugaBean: hopefully the pedicure helps! I go back and forth between being very bored or emotional. 8 days over today. We went to a friend's house last night for dinner and watched shriek which was quite nice. My tummy is pretty sore and uncomfortable these days. I sort of wish I had gone ahead and let them schedule me for an induction this weekend.

I'm right there with you.

5. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@hilsy85: yay! Congratulations!!

6. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@hilsy85: hooray!! Congrats!!!

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@hilsy85: yay! Congratulations! Her name is so sweet

8. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: perfectly on time! Hope her early AM arrival means you had an easy time getting to the hospital! Welcome Claire!

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@hilsy85: Congratulations!! Welcome Claire!!

10. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: yay!!!! Congrats mama!!!!

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Anyone else dealing with impatient family members posting to fb, things like still waiting on the baby....still waiting to be grandparents etc? It's making me crazy. One I'm not even yet overdue. And it makes people text me and ask when's the baby coming?

Ugh just so uncomfortable today and I don't want to field baby oven questions!

12. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@MamaBear87: I've had a decent amount of Facebook posts lately that are jokes. I haven't had as many texts since I stopped sounding cheery when people were asking.

13. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@hilsy85: congrats!!

14. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@hilsy85: Congrats!

15. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@BelugaBean: Hoping a relaxing pedi helps. I hear you on feeling like it might never end.

16. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

@MamaBear87: Not FB so much, but my MIL is someone who wants to hear alllllll the details about everything. She'll call DH and ask for a full play-by-play of our appointments. Right down to needing to know the full name of our hospital (they live >3,000km away - it doesn't matter!). Last night I sent an email to both sets of parents and siblings to lay out the ground rules for when I go into labour. Can be summed up as: don't call us, we'll call you, and don't expect updates other than "gone to the hospital" and "baby has arrived, here are the vital stats." Otherwise I know MIL would be calling every few hours for an update and that would drive me crazy.

17. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@MamaBear87: no Facebook, but daily texts and calls from friends and family to both me and my husband, starting from a few days before my due date. Thankfully he has been the only one receiving the phone calls because I don't want to talk to anyone if that is their question. I know that seems rude, but honestly, you think we would have the baby and then not tell you??

18. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MamaBear87: My last week I got "when is the baby coming?" and it drove me nuts. Like, how the heck would I know? Do you really want the update on my cervix? Yuck.

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Glad to see everyone feels the same! And @Mrs. Goose: I feel exactly the same about not wanting to talk to anyone and wanting to yell 'of course we'll tell you when the baby is here!'

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BelugaBean: I guess I need to stop sounding cheery!

21. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@hilsy85: Yay congrats!

I went to triage yesterday, set up for a normal ultrasound but I wasn't feeling right. They monitored me for a few hours - no contractions, but my hemoglobin and B12 are low. The OB doing rounds said if they weren't so busy they would have induced me . Sent me home saying rest for the next couple of days.

22. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@hilsy85: congratulations!! I love her name!

23. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Charm54: @babycanuck: @HyattsMom: @bluestriped bee: @NovBaby1112: @2littlepumpkins: @birdofafeather: @MamaBear87: @Mrs. Pickle: @Tidybee: @BelugaBean: thanks so much, all!! We were discharged today, at like 36 hours post birth. I couldn't wait to get home!

@HyattsMom: @Mrs. Goose: @MamaBear87: I was starting to get those same texts/emails the days before I gave birth. It was so annoying to have reply the same--nope baby's not here yet. yep, still waiting!

@BelugaBean: I hope it happens soon for you!

@birdofafeather: yep, made it to the hospital no problem, I will have to type up my birth story later!

24. Mrs. Pickle

@babycanuck: how are you feeling today? And how annoying! Did they say anything about iron supplements? My hemoglobin dropped a good bit after delivery so I'll be on supplements for a few months.

25. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: Pretty crappy. I hate being stuck doing nothing. The OB didn't say anything about iron but did say to take B12, so I need to run out to get some.

26. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: yay! Glad you're all home! Just in time to celebrate L's bday all together!

27. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@babycanuck: oh mama. Sorry they couldn't have moved you up!

28. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

Lots going on here and yet nothing at the same time...

BP was a little high Wednesday and though Thursday, and I had headaches off and on all day Thursday too. Around 10pm Thursday I had DH bring me to the hospital to get checked to make sure it wasn't pre-e. It wasn't, but doctors still wanted to induce anyway because of the BP issues and one of the blood markers was a little high. I really wanted to avoid an induction so we asked to wait another day at least. Came back Friday afternoon for more blood work and the markers had gone up, so weighing benefits and risks decided to induce. We were first told I could do the balloon to start (disliked this idea a bit because DH would have been kicked out for the night due to hospital rules), but then after a cervical check turns out I was dilated 2cm and cervix was too thin for it to work, so breaking my water is the first option. Have now been in a bed for 14 hours total waiting in triage unit to get into a labour room. Majorly grumpy/tired. Had been given hope last night we could go home to sleep and come back for an induction in the morning, but we have a resident and a supervising doc and while the doc seemed ok with that, after he left for the night he ultra-cautious resident ruled that out. I've let her know my frustration a number of times now. She's concerned that the baby wasn't active enough to feel comfortable sending me home, but still super frustrating for us. Love my DH for sitting and trying to sleep in a super uncomfortable chair this whole time.

Fingers crossed we'll get into a room soon and get this show on the road.

/rant over

Thanks for readi if you made it through that post. Needed to vent a but here.

29. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@HyattsMom: sounds stressful and tiring but on the upside sounds like baby will be here this weekend! Hope you get a room soon!

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@HyattsMom: I'm sorry it's taking so long! I hope your labor goes quick and you are holding your lo very very soon!

31. Mrs. Pickle

@HyattsMom: that sounds so frustrating. I hope you're in a room now!

32. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@HyattsMom: hope the show can get on the road soon!

33. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

@hilsy85: Congratulations!! I love her name!

34. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Having some slight pelvic twinges all day. Spoke to my sister and while it's nothing timeable yet it might be a good sign.

35. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@babycanuck: fingers crossed! At this point I think an induction is in the cards for me.

36. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@babycanuck: I hope things get moving for you!

@Mrs. Goose: When are they going to induce you?

I have my 41 week appointment tomorrow. They're going to do a non stress test, ultrasound, and then I'll have my regular appointment. It was supposed to be Wednesday but an appointment with my favorite midwife opened up tomorrow so I called to switch. I think they're going to want to induce Friday or Monday if I haven't gone by then so I'll talk to her about induction methods and timeframes when I go in.

37. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@babycanuck: thinking of you!

@Mrs. Goose: when do you find out about the induction?

@BelugaBean: sounds like you're in good hands, hopefully you go before then!!

38. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@HyattsMom: hope something happens for you soon! That sounds stressful!

@babycanuck: eekk I hope so!! Fingers crossed!@BelugaBean: good luck!! Hopefully it happens on your own soon!

39. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Baby is coming! I'm hooked up to an epidural and am 5 cm

40. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@babycanuck: woo hoo!! so exciting! already 5 cm, hope the rest happens quickly!!

@BelugaBean: I hope baby comes soon!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee