1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Mrs. Goose: congratulations!

2. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Goose: congratulations!

3. HyattsMom

grape / 85 posts

Anastasia Alice came into the world at 20:36 last Saturday, October 17.

It was a long night spent in the L&D triage before finally being induced at 08:35 the next morning. She came out exactly 12 hours later after a labour where the only thing that went according to plan was that we managed to avoid a C-section.

I'd really wanted to avoid any kind of interventions and try to do it all naturally, but this little girl had other ideas. Ended up with two failed attempts to break my waters, oxytocin induced labour, twice she needed the scalp electrodes to monitor her heart rate, a scary hour mid-labour resulted in an amnio infusion, and I had an epidural when my contractions were only 1 minute apart and lasted 1 minute at only 4cm so I was to the point where I couldn't even open my eyes. I then stalled out at 6cm for about 5 hours, at which point they started giving me the warning about how long to go before they would need to talk c-sections if the baby couldn't handle the contractions... After that I crept up to close to 8am over about 2 hours and again got the warning. She must have know that I really didn't want a section, because my body kicked it into overdrive and I went from almost 8cm to 10cm and pushing within 20 minutes. 50 minutes of pushing later she was in my arms and all was right in the world.

Just got home today after 5 days spent in the NICU as the labour seemed to take a bit of a toll on her and she had hypoglycaemia and then a case of jaundice and needed the photo light therapy. She had her first ambulance ride at less than 48 hours old when they moved her to another hospital (she was born at our local hospital that deals with the most severe NICU cases, so they transferred her to a more acute care one). It was the hardest thing in the world to leave her there overnight for 2 nights, but thankfully last night we got to stay there with her before finally getting the all-clear to bring her home today.

It had been a mentally, emotionally and physically exhausting week, but she blows my mind and makes everything worthwhile. I'm so lucky to have her.

4. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@HyattsMom: oh wow! I'm glad you both are okay and now with each other again. Congrats and welcome to your sweet girl!

5. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@HyattsMom: she's gorgeous! Glad your home together. Hope your recovery goes smoothly

6. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

congrats to the new mamas!! come join us on the post partum thread

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Had my 39 week appt this morning, my doc is on vacay so it was with the NP who I don't like that much. Had to have a 5 min convo about me saying no to the cervix check, I have an appt with Dr Monday morning to go over induction procedures and maybe have a sweep so am enjoying our last weekend as just 2. NP kept saying well what if your cervix has changed? Who cares I'm not preterm! EDD is sunday but Gemma is comfy so not holding my breath.

Also had a massage on Tuesday, didn't Kickstart anything but I feel 100 times better. Definitely suggest for anyone still waiting...which I think is just me and @birdofafeather: . Fingers crossed for soon!

8. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@MamaBear87: also just waiting! i too refused a cervical check this week at my 38w appt because i know they don't mean much and my cervix/vagina was already kinda agitated and i really didn't want my doc up there. i said if i made it to 40 weeks, maybe i'd want to know if anything was going on!

nested like crazy this week. DH built DD1 a big girl bed and i'm in love with it! SIL was here yesterday and today to visit and it was a nice distraction. in crappy news, DD1 threw up all over the couch/floor this morning, so we've all been snuggling around trying to rest and praying she's not getting sicker. DH has a long break right now and it would have been nice for DD2 to come, but right now, i just want DD1 to be well!

going to start to make appts to distract me from the fact that this kid will show up when she wants and even though DD1 was a few days early, DD2 is her own little person. i have started to drink some raspberry leaf tea, walk, sex, eat dates, etc to encourage her.

@MamaBear87: i also had a massage tuesday and she did some reflexology pressure points, but clearly nothing happened! might try to find another place that just does feet for next week. if anything, it felt amazing!

9. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@babycanuck: Congrats!! Yay! He came!

10. BSB

@jodyblair: congrats!!

11. BSB

@BelugaBean: congrats!

12. BSB

@Mrs. Goose: congrats!!

13. BSB

@HyattsMom: congrats!!

14. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

I haven't posted in ages, but I've been following along. Congrats to all of you with your new babies!
    I'm at 40+1, and no signs of impending labour. I had a sweep done at 38+6, and was 3 cm, and another one at 39+5, and was still 3 cm. I'm trying not to be impatient, but it's so hard- I'm just really eager for the baby to be in my arms (and find out if it's a boy or girl!).

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@birdofafeather: I go back and forth between being impatient and glad to still have a bit of time. I was looking at acupuncture but it's way expensive. Might do a foot massage this week tho. My massage was so good!

@Willow: yay! A fellow waiter! Is this your first? (Sorry can't remember) I'm anxious, excited and terrified all together since baby girl is my first
    Glad you joined us tho!

16. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Willow: what a fun surprise to look forward to! Thanks for coming out to wait with us!

@MamaBear87: totally agreed! I'm gonna use the time to make sure we have our Halloween costumes all together (going as the tiger family and it's up to DD2 if she arrives in time to be baby Margaret. DD1 keeps saying baby sister is dressing up as baby Margaret so hopefully she's right! 😁

17. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@birdofafeather: we have a Tigger going home sleeper for baby if she comes before Halloween, if not she's wearing my going home outfit!
    Fingers crossed your lo comes in time not to disappoint big sis!

18. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Good luck waiting mamas and congratulations everyone that just had babes safe and sound.

19. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@HyattsMom: congrats!! That sounds so scary but glad you are both ok! She is absolutely gorgeous!!

@MamaBear87: @birdofafeather: @Willow: good luck to all of you waiting! Hope everything goes smoothly for you all, can't wait for more October mamas!

20. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: saw the bed on facebook (or IG?), it is gorgeous!!! I hope baby comes in time for Halloween!

@HyattsMom: I am glad you are both home safe and sound!

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Had a membrane sweep this morning and at a loose 2...felt crampy right after but now it seems to be tapering off. Hopefully something more happens!

How are you doing @birdofafeather:?

22. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@MamaBear87: had a day of regular, timeable, painful contractions yesterday coupled with loss of my mucus plug and lots of #2 (sorry for the TMI) so I called my mom thinking it was it! And then nothing changed all day, finally went to sleep and today it's nothing. Had some bloody show but no more contractions! Soooo, yeah, just waiting. Have an appt tomorrow and I'm second guessing not doing a check, maybe a sweep? I don't want to wear myself out of it's not the time, but if all I need is a little push? I know DH would say to just let it happen. I'll be fine waiting as long as I don't have another day of painful contractions that lead nowhere! Since DD1's l&d was 7 hours total, I've had to let go of my ideas of how this labor is gonna go!

23. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@birdofafeather: I'm currently debating whether the sweep was a good thing. I just feel generally a bit icky and I feel you on the #2. I've been guzzling water and the contractions seem to be going away I'm glad I did a check as now I have drs orders to go straight to pitocin if we get to Monday the 2nd with no labor, I have gd and am favorable so I'm comfortable with being induced at that point.

Hope if your contractions come back it's the real thing!

24. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@MamaBear87: declined the check again this week and i think my doctor was annoyed, but i don't really care. if i make it to 40 weeks, then i'm fine with a check, but i don't want to deal with the mind games of checking my cervix before i'm in labor! i do hope she comes sooner than later!

25. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

membrane sweep worked for me! Started labor at 1230 am on the 27th, had little Gemma at 507 pm yesterday. Got to 7 cm without meds but at that point was too exhausted to deal with the contractions right on top of one another. Had an epi within 10 min of asking for one, napped, waited a bit longer to be complete and then only pushed for 25 min. Smallish 2nd degree tear, and sore this morning but had a great birth experience! Will post a pic later!

@birdofafeather: hope waiting is going ok! I applaud your patience in not getting any checks. Fingers crossed you go soon!

26. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@MamaBear87: yahoo! Congrats mama!! Welcome Gemma!!

27. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@MamaBear87: congrats!!!!

28. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Because she's just too cute

29. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

Baby sister arrived at 3 am this morning fast and furiously! So thrilled to be on the other side with y'all!

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@MamaBear87: adorable!!

@birdofafeather: eeek congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!

31. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@MamaBear87: very sweet.

@birdofafeather: woohoo!

32. Mrs. Pickle

@birdofafeather: congratulations!!

33. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@birdofafeather: yay congrats!! you're an october mama after all!!! can't wait to hear her name/see pics!

34. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

Scout Taylor born this morning at 3:04 am. 7 lb 1 oz, 20 in. We're so in love and having R meet her little sister made my heart explode and grow times a million!

35. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: yes, I was beginning to doubt it there myself! A foot reflexology massage a la @rainbowsprinkles: , lots of raspberry leaf tea and a walk must have pushed my body over the edge!

36. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@birdofafeather: so so cute!!! That headband is so adorable. Where did you get it?

37. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Mrs. Goose: nordstrom! They had a bunch of colors. It's made of a nylon or something. Feels like tights.

38. Mrs. Pickle

@birdofafeather: I love her name.

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@birdofafeather: congrats! Can't wait to see pics! She made it in time for Halloween!

Eta she's adorable! Love her name and headband

40. BSB

@MamaBear87: @birdofafeather: congrats!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee