Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: oh wow, good luck. Let us know how you do!

2. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@hellobeeboston: the birthing unit was PACKED today, so the OB I consulted with couldn't do the infusion. They'll call me this week, and I have to go in twice weekly until the baby comes. Each IV infusion takes a few hours...so at the very least, I'll get some alone time to read a book or two!

Being in L&D today made me get pretty excited for when its really baby time! I'm excited to see who goes first!

3. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: alone quiet time sounds excellent!!! I'm working from home today and even though I'm busy I'm enjoying the quiet house!!

Just went to doc - uneventful checkin, they don't really do cervical checks so I just have to wait and be patient! I have zero signs. She said baby's head was very low - definitely feeling him move lower and having more 'sensations' of him moving lower! Soooo curious about when/how/where I'm going to go into labor! I hope I'm not at work!!!!

4. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@hellobeeboston: Moving lower is a good thing. I don't think this little guy's head is completely down or engaged at all. He surely hasn't dropped. I hope you're making progress and don't go into labor at work! Are you working until baby or do you have an end date?

5. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@ChelseaRose: I have noticed a very slow dropping process!! But glad he's moving

I am working right until the end! I sorta hinted that on my due date and beyond I'll mostly work from home, they seem OK with that. Luckily it's easy for me to work remotely.

6. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

I go to the doctor tomorrow and I'm really hoping we have progress. I'm ready for this baby to come at 39w2d... come on baby boy!!!

We were very productive this weekend and got a lot done
    - Baby swings, pack n plays, etc are assembled
    - Car seat installed
    - Bags packed (pretty much)
    - Reorganized play room and loft
    - All of the baby laundry is washed and put away
    - We've taken back anything we received that was a duplicate, etc.

Whew! I was excited to come to work today to rest

7. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

I had my 40 week appointment today, with first cervical check. I was 2-3 cm dilated and the midwife did a membrane sweep. She guessed the baby would be born at 7 lbs, 5 oz (more for fun than because she can estimate that precisely!). Hopefully the sweep helped get things started? E was born at 40 +2 and I was all ready to have this one slightly earlier. Although apparently they had 5 babies born at my birth center last night, which, with 4 rooms, I'm not sure how they managed? So thanks for not coming last night, baby! Anytime from here on out would be good, the sooner the better!

8. Mrs. Oatmeal

@chanzi: sounds promising! Hope the sweep did something!

I'm incredibly nauseous and exhausted this afternoon. Not sure if it's a 'pre-labor' thing or just a late pregnancy thing. Either way yuck!

9. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@chanzi: Sounds like a good thing baby waited. I hope the sweep helped and baby arrives soon!

10. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@chanzi: exciting, sounds like you're getting close!!

11. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

I just had an ultrasound today at 37w1d and baby boy is head down and not measuring too big (about 7lbs). Fluid is still good and he didn't have the cord around his neck or any other problems. My OB appointment is tomorrow and I hope this means that I can still try for a vbac if I go into labor naturally. I guess I need to go read @Mrs. Oatmeal: post again about natural ways to induce labor. I'm currently sitting on an exercise ball at my computer desk while I try to get some work done. I've had a few crampy feeling contractions today, which is better than nothing! Lol. Trying to be optimistic.

12. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@ChelseaRose: I always get hopeful when I feel any sort of contraction, no matter how slight. I can't wait to get this kid out of me!

13. cfmartin

pea / 12 posts

Hi! My LO arrived on Septmeber 8th at 8:10 am He is really perfect and I am in heaven.

Started laboring on Sunday, kept me up all night long and grew continuously worse throughout Monday. When I got to 5-1-1, I was in a good bit of pain but I was determined for an unmedicated birth so decided to wait longer before going to hospital. I made it at home until contractions were 3 minutes apart. At this point was miserable. I could only make it through each contraction by standing up, leaning and screaming into DH's chest. I didn't even have time to sit down or rest my feet in between each one. We got to hospital around 8 pm. Funny that it was Labor Day and also lucky bc we were almost the only patients there, checking in and all that was a breeze despite the fact I was screaming and crying throughout. They confirmed I was about 4-5 cm which was awesome to me. It was my goal and I had been 1 cm for about 4 weeks so I was pleased.
    Once we got in our room, my pain felt like it doubled. The contractions were right on top of each other and I barely had time to breathe. Couldn't really sway or even walk at this point, just stand. They did a check about 2 hours later and I had progressed to a 6.

At this point I was a wreck. I didn't know what to do. I was committed to a natural birth and was terrified of an epidural. But honestly I was overcome with pain, exhaustion and hunger. I was dreading hours more of contractions and pushing. But I knew I was making progress. On top of my pain sobbing, I broke down over the decision and could barely talk to my DH about it. He was amazing and had been on his feet with me through every contraction. Talking me through and encouraging me through each one. He was incredible. I didn't want to let him or myself down. But when i broke down, so did he. He hated seeing me in success pain but also believed I could do it. He reassured me, whatever I needed was best and he was 100% behind me.

I ended up going with the epidural. I was disappointed at the time and blamed myself. It was a terrible feeling. But then I got the epidural. It went off perfectly and after one more contraction, the pain stopped. I could still feel baby and each contractions tightness but no pain. I was immediately a new person. I could breathe and relax. It slowed my progress a bit at the beginning and I was at 6 for about 2 more hours. We went to sleep since it was around midnight. Woke up to get checked every couple of hours. Around 4 I was at 7.5. Then at 530, I was complete, fully effaced and he was at 2+. it was already time to push! My doctor barely made it in time. I pushed through around 9 contractions, for about 10-15 minutes. It was so quick and easy. I was so happy and relieved. He was out and beautiful and I am still in awe of that moment! It was perfect. We have recovered well and my milk is in.

All in all, I feel I had a great experience. I got to try what I wanted and even though it didn't work out, I had the best experience for me. I hope everyone is doing well and your babies are her safe and sound soon!!

14. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@cfmartin: congratulations!

15. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

Congrats!!

16. Mrs. Oatmeal

@cfmartin: Congratulations!!

17. kgbee

cherry / 237 posts

@cfmartin: Congrats! And I'm so glad you listened to your body & got the rest you needed!

18. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@cfmartin: Congratulations!!

Had my 40wk appointment today, and my cervix is still closed and baby is still pretty high. I can't really complain though - I wrapped up everything at work last week and am just checking email from home until I go into labor, so it's not a bad way to wait it out. Hope everybody is feeling good!

19. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@cfmartin: Congratulations! Glad everything turned out very well.

@elljay: Sounds like an excellent way to wait it out! I'm doing the same this week. I'm not due until the 24th, but having my C-section on Monday. Just wrapping things up from home this week for work. It's nice to work from my office at home in my PJs

20. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

This is my last week of work! As of right now the plan is a RCS next week at 39 weeks unless I go into labor first and then can try for a VBAC. I may ask for a bit for time to wait for labor, but I'm still going back and forth about that. I really just want him here safe and a delivery that was not as traumatic as my son's.

21. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@cfmartin: congratulations, sounds like overall you had a great birth experience!

Still going strong here. RCS is scheduled for Sept 30th but this is my last week in the office thank goodness. I had a bit of a scare at my apt last week as my blood pressure looks to be creeping up slightly. Still in the normal range but definitely something to watch closely. I'm hoping it was just dehydration and not a sign of preeclampsia.

22. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@plantains: My BP has gone up slightly in the past week or two. It makes me nervous, but it's still in an acceptable range. My OB said to definitely call if it's 140/100 for more than an hour while resting. My BP had been around 120s/80s for the past week, which is about a ten point increase from earlier on. I hope your BP remains stable and you don't have pre-e.

23. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@ChelseaRose: I am in a similar situation, last time it was 133/82 eek! I am just crossing my fingers and hoping that it doesn't cross the 140/90 mark. So nervous!

Fingers crossed for you that you remain stable!

24. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@plantains: Definitely drink up until you feel like you're going to float away!

To everyone who hasn't given birth yet, I hope you all have safe births that go as smoothly as possible, and the way you envision. You ladies have all been a great support these last 9+ months and can't wait to see all of your sweet babies!

25. Mrs. Oatmeal

@plantains: @ChelseaRose: Just got back from L&D for this reason exactly! My BP was 145/98 at my appointment today, so they sent me to get checked out. Of course, once I got there and had blood taken, etc, my BP was back down to like 110/70, so they sent me home. Hope levels stay low for you, too!

26. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: gah, so glad your levels cam down but how anxiety inducing!!!

27. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Yikes! That happened a lot in my last pregnancy, but much earlier on and I got sent to LD weekly from about 34 weeks on. At least you're far enough along for baby to be here if needed. I hope you go into labor soon!

28. Mrs. Oatmeal

@plantains: @ChelseaRose: thank you! Come on, baby!

Sitting in the hospital getting my iron infusion. I hate IVs with a passion. The thing in my hand is literally all I can think about, so I'm hoping that Hellobee will distract me!

How's everyone else?

29. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: oh I hope it goes fast for you!!! Do you have a good book or anything to help distract?!

I was sent to l&d last night but discharged quickly, thought I might have been lightly leaking fluid, but I wasn't.... Boo, got excited being there and thinking about meeting him soon! Also not even 1cm yet, 30%, and 39 weeks. Boo. Hoping I go into labor this weekend!

30. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Boo to iron infusions...though try to think of it as progress towards baby! Hoping the infusion goes quickly for you!

@hellobeeboston: Don't worry mama, remember my story about my BFF and me. She walked around 3cm for a full month. I went from 0 to baby in 2 days! Hoping this weekend is it for you!

I'm feeling like I dropped yesterday. My heartburn has suddenly disappeared, and I'm feeling loads of pelvic pressure. Hoping this guy stays put until Monday! Not that I would be opposed to him coming early, but I'm babysitting for my brother and SIL tonight and tomorrow is my birthday. I certainly don't mind sharing my birthday, but I'd like him to have his own! He's already so close to DS1's birthday, and I'd like them to each have their own so they feel a little special

31. Mrs. Oatmeal

@hellobeeboston: Ohhhh disappointing to get your hopes up! But yes- dilation is NO indication of how soon labour is coming. Hopefully there are lots of babies this week/weekend!
    @2PeasinaPod: wow! Lots of September babies in your family! Hoping baby comes next week then, for your sake!

32. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: You have no idea! Our anniversary is on the 1st, my birthday, my mom's (though we aren't speaking right now), my BIL's, DS1's and now DS2's birthdays are all in September! It's a good month for us

33. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

And, I'm officially crazy. I just signed up for a half marathon in April. I'm giving birth on Monday...that gives me 6 months!

34. kgbee

cherry / 237 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Not crazy, that sounds like a great goal! I'm going to do the same triathlon in May that I did at 18 weeks pregnant this year, figuring I'll start actually training in January once my essential recovery is done. Just break your training down into small steps, maybe increasing time/distance every other week starting 10-12wks post-partum?

35. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@kgbee: Good for you! You're a rockstar for doing that at 18 weeks pregnant! That's my plan, giving myself 3 full months of recovery and 3 full months of training. I've never done a half marathon distance before, but I have done a 10 mile race before. Just hoping I can find the time to train with 2. I know you aren't supposed to run with the baby that young, but he's in his padded carseat, and we have a BOB. So I can stay on the road, take it easy and I'm sure he'll be fine!

36. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Today is my last day of work!!!!

37. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ChelseaRose: OMG...so exciting! Tomorrow is mine, and I can't wait. My boss is still acting like I will be here next week and I'm just trying to get through 5pm tomorrow without freaking out.

How's everyone feeling? LO has a nasty cold that he gave to me I think. It could be allergies too...I can't seem to stop sneezing today. Only 4 more days until we meet this little guy unless he wants to arrive sooner!

Yesterday was also my birthday, and DH made it really special. He got me an iPad and said it was essentially for all of the BS I went through over the last 5 years to have these two kids...and was sort of his way of saying thank you for going through it all. Totally made me bawl. And...I'm having fun playing with my new toy!

38. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Enjoy your last day! I should be meeting this little guy in one week if he doesn't arrive sooner on his own. My husband got me an iPad at the end of my last pregnancy and I definitely enjoyed it during the hospital stay and beyond.

39. Mrs. Oatmeal

@ChelseaRose: hooray! Hope you had a great last day!

40. Mrs. Oatmeal

@2PeasinaPod: K woke up with a cold this morning too! What's the deal?! I'm banking on massive doses of Vit C to ward it off, but we'll see. Hope sickness passes quickly for everyone!

More iron infusions tomorrow, then I've scheduled acupuncture for Tuesday to see if we can get this baby out of here! Just so ready for baby to be here!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee