Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@missybear: Just checking in to see how you are doing!

2. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@mrskoala I found I needed to stay so hydrated last time. Migraines were helped with Gatorade. I know it's gross... But that stuff works

I have a screaming teething baby... What an I thinking...?

3. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@maddyz: This is true! The OB's office told me to stay hydrated, which I'm trying to do but pure water sounds awful to me. Thanks for the Gatorade suggestion. That's a really good idea!

In regards to the screaming teething baby, this, too, shall pass. You can do this!

4. Legowife

coffee bean / 32 posts

I'm lurking here a bit too nervous to roll call. I have a regular 27 day cycle so I was due AF yesterday. I'm late and have been nauseous since the weekend so I was suspicious so I took a test. It looks positive. But it's not as dark as when I tested with my first pregnancy with my LO. So I'm feeling a bit cautious about how this progresses. I have an appointment with my family dr this day next week so I'm hoping that will give me some reassurance! Lovely to meet all you ladies!!!

5. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Legowife: Congratulations! I hope all goes well at the appointment next week!

6. lmay820

pea / 19 posts

@legowife congrats!

I had my first doctors appointment today...no ultrasounds so just a check-up, urine test, etc. Everything looks good and I go back in 4 weeks for an ultrasound. I was hoping for something more concrete - hey look there is a baby in there but I guess I will just have to wait! Hope everyone is feeling okay!

7. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Legowife: Congrats and fingers crossed! Not sure if it will make you feel any better but I had some strips that looked similar with this and my last pregnancy. Last time I had a super dark line on a FRER and NOTHING on the strip. This time my strip didn't turn even slightly positive until what I'd guess was 15 dpo? Hard to tell because I only guess on the dates this time but literally 4 other brands were clearly positive before even getting a squinter. Good luck tomorrow and hope you officially join us soon!
    @maddyz: My two are 20 months apart. The first trimester was hard but I absolutely love love love the age gap now (3 and 1.5). You will make it through!
    @MrsKoala: Could you try warm water or seltzer? I can't drink plain cold water either. Hope hydration helps or at least they go away by 7 weeks. That is miserable to deal with.

8. Legowife

coffee bean / 32 posts

@skipra: thanks for the reassurance! I charted last time around so knew exactly what dpo I was. This time around we had just decided to start trying In February, but got a little caught up in the moment on New Year's Eve and here we are! It's so good to hear your experience with the test strips. I'm so nervous and this is so unexpected I think I'll hold off any more tests until my dr apt next week. I have no control over it anyway!
    You are all so nice to welcome me!

9. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: For some reason, it's the water flavor that I just can't do. I drank Sprite all last night because I needed bubbly plus flavor. The Gatorade worked like a charm, though. I almost feel like a normal human being!

10. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

@Mrskoala I'm due on the 14th!!!

I'm sorry for anyone whose having a tough time. I seem to be having a lot of luck so far... The only real problem aside from bloating and ....gas.... is that I can smell everything and it's driving me nuts!
    Has anyone that is intolerant to lactose found that drinking milk suddenly isn't a problem? I find I quite enjoy it now and have no particular problems with it ...unlike before..

11. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@jasmum milk wasn't a problem for me before but was not something I ever drank. I have been obsessed all through pregnancy with lo1 and breastfeeding. It's needed.

12. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@Jasmum: welcome!! Congrats!

@Legowife: welcome!! Congrats!

@maddyz: welcome!! Congrats!

I'm so excited to see more moms joining!

13. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

I'm rethinking my dates. I was going based on LMP, but that can't be right. This was definitely a Christmas baby, no other BDing within a couple weeks (ah the glamorous life of having a toddler!) so I think that puts me at 9/15 or 9/16.

I have an ultrasound on 2/5 so I'll find out for sure then

14. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Applesandbananas: That's exciting! 2/5 will be here before you know it! One of the only benefits of having a Clomid baby is that I know exactly what day I conceived. Not sure which round of BD did the trick, but I know when I ovulated exactly.

My first appointment is 1/26 and I'm dying for it to be here already.

15. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: not soon enough!!! I'm so impatient 😬 And soooo jealous of your 1/26 appt!!

I'm thinking about getting a weeks estimator test to see if I get a 3+ like I think I should at this point...

16. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Applesandbananas: I am very excited. I just hope there is a heartbeat! I had a chemical last time so I've never even made it this far.

As to weeks estimator, girl, I did it this week and was so happy when I got the 3+ on like a 1.5 hour hold. I have spent probably $60 to POAS to make myself feel pregnant since 95% of the time I don't AT ALL.

17. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: lol I think they're like $20 and I know they have a huge range but the ranges are supposed to be the "normal ranges" of hcg at those times... If my grocery store has them, I think I'll pick one up tomorrow when we're running errands. I need some reassurance! With LO1, my LMP and actual O date (I was actually charting) were SO off since I had just come off BCP, I got an ultrasound at 6w and like 3d maybe? It was SO reassuring!

18. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: So those tests are like $12 for a 2-pack at Target and at least last week there was a 10% discount on Cartwheel. Not that I'm encouraging POAS addiction or anything, just from experience I am saving my last one for Sunday, I think. I want to be certain it says 3+!
    @mrsjd: Your appointment is so soon! It will be here before you know it!
    @MrsKoala: Glad the Gatorade helped! How are you feeling today?

19. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: Oh and I just read about how your dates might be off. Mine too. I was supposed to ovulate around 12/11 but I'm pretty sure I didn't until at least the 22nd. I was so frustrated not knowing what was going on I got OPK's and they were positive on the 24th and 25th (didn't have them before that) but I had symptoms on the 22nd. So I'm guessing my EDD will probably 9/13-9/16. If it turns out to be the 13th, that was my due date with LO1. Kind of random! Maybe we will end up due date twins

20. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@mrsjd: @skipra: totally remembered I need to make a target trip for uh...

21. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: aww, that'll be fun to have the same due date as with your LO! When is your first appt?

22. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: bought a 2 pack this morning, going to take one on a 1.5 hour hold and hope for the best.

23. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: I got 2-3 on a 1.5 hour hold at 5w1d, I think that's pretty good! I'll take the other one Monday with FMU, I was googling at it seemed like most people got a 3+ around 5w4d. It's a big jump with the way their hcg ranges are set up. It gives me a little reassurance!!

24. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Applesandbananas: yay!! Are you relieved? Or more anxious? I will wait to take my last one on Monday with you. Hopefully we'll both get 3+.

25. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@Applesandbananas: Congrats! I think that's great and should be very reassuring.

I'm 6 weeks today! Baby is the size of a blueberry (those fruit comparisons are going to get old FAST)

26. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@MrsKoala: eek!!!!! Stalking over here, because there's a chance I'll join you next week...

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@LovelyPlum: Yep, me too!

28. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: @mrsjd: I think so! I know it doesn't totally rule out a miscarriage, but at least for now, odds are okay that things are going well!

29. pelikila

pomegranate / 3008 posts

I believe I am officially joining the group!

EDD: Sept 20

How far along: 4 weeks, 4 days

First child? Second. There will be 5.5 years between them.

First doctor appointment: February 8

Any symptoms so far? So far not too much. Sensitive teeth for awhile but that has subsided. I had terrible morning sickness with my first so fingers crossed it isn't as bad this time around. The next two weeks should tell if I'm following the same path.

Who have you told? My husband. Two years ago we had a CP and I really want to confirm this one is sticking before I say much.

30. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@avivoca: whaaaaa?!?! Crossing my fingers and toes for you and @LovelyPlum:

31. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@pelikila: yay!! Congratulations!!

32. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@LovelyPlum: @avivoca: ahhhh fingers crossed for you!

@pelikila: congratulations and welcome!!!!

33. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

EDD: September 26, 2016
    How far along: 4-5 Wks
    First child? 2nd, DD is 6 yrs old
    First doctor appointment: February 15
    Any symptoms so far? Breast Tenderness
    Who have you told? Immediate Family only

After 3 Clomid cycles, 1 CP and 2 Years worth of trying, finally a BFP for longer than 3 days! Took a break in November and was going on cycle 4 with Clomid but left my pills at home when I went out of town. Figured I was out, but decided to do 1 opk which came out positive on the 28th. On Monday 1/11 decided to use a hpt I had and I couldn't believe it when I saw a BFP! I poas 12 times! 13 if you count the doctors office! Still in such shock!!! We're over the moon with these news! Hoping my little poppy seed sticks around! Congrats and best of luck to everyone here!

34. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: planning to take mine tomorrow!! I'll be 5w3d or 5w4d I think, so I should really get a 3+... Fx!!!

35. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@M4mi: congratulations!

36. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

I have my first ever midwife appointment tomorrow...here in Italy you can choose to be followed by either a midwife (if there are no complications ) or a gyno. ... so fingers crossed!

37. Jasmum

pea / 21 posts

Oh and I wanted to ask if anyone else has incredibly strange and horrifying dreams that seem incredibly real...or have started to do and say strange things while sleeping?..... I feel like I'm going a bit nuts....

38. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@Jasmum: omg yes! I've had a few crazy dreams so far. I feel like I had crazy dreams for a couple weeks in the first trimester with my older LO too!

39. Applesandbananas

pomegranate / 3845 posts

@skipra: I ended up not taking it this morning. My FMU was so light. LO was up from 2:30-6 and so when I got up at 7:30, it wasn't really FMU. I'm going to take it tomorrow!

40. M4mi

coffee bean / 47 posts

@Applesandbananas: Thank you!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee